Removal of Iron Challenges

You can pick up the Traeskeron mission and get it to the proper level easy. There is a location on the same island as the mission broker called "The Breeding Pools" [Calypso, 54459, 59775, 148, Waypoint]. They spawn in waves and there were plenty of them when I was grinding it earlier this week.

Thanks NevadaJake!

Alright so here's what I found out in case anyone else is interested in getting the Treaskeron chain before it dissappears:

You need to go talk to Soldier at Camp Poseidon here: [Calypso, 50507, 60384, 147, Waypoint]

You will have to kill 100, then 200 and then 300 (the final blow mission)

Then you can talk to Henry Johnson, also at Camp Poseidon and get The Apprentice Traeskeron Fighter mission, voila :)

I was just a few K killpoints away from last stage Traesk, and because those are cheap mobs, jumped in and reached last stage while i still can get it.
Checked the Levi - Rex rewards too, but i just still in the first stage for both, too much ped and too short time for me to reach last stage so i just pass.
Not worth the rush for those 100-100 tokens when they clearly said they will add the attribute rewards to codex.

Im just happy they will add the attributes to codex, that is all i wanted.

I am amazed about the complaining in this thread. MA clearly stated that the iron missions would finish at the end of this migration. In fact many players have been discussing this in another thread, specifically what would happen to the Traeskeron, Levi and Rex missions. This statement merely clarifies what was being discussed in that thread

anyone else is interested in getting the Treaskeron chain before it disappears:

After 1st of sept you will only be able to finish the current stage you are working on on these 3 chains and after finishing the current stage, you will not be able to pick the next one so plan carefully.
Better Pick a chain and advance with it s much as possible before the 1st then you will have 1 year to finish whatever is left from the stage(s).

I am amazed about the complaining in this thread. MA clearly stated that the iron missions would finish at the end of this migration. In fact many players have been discussing this in another thread, specifically what would happen to the Traeskeron, Levi and Rex missions. This statement merely clarifies what was being discussed in that thread
This. I can't believe hearing someone that even if they knew missions will be gone in a year, it's MAs fault because that person doesn't believe anything MA says anyway ... :duh: dude, why do you still log in if you don't believe a thing the dev tells you??? :loco:
The amount of salt would have been the same even if it was 5 years or 10 years; products get discontinued all over the world, 0.1% casual customers will be salty, life moves on.

nah, there'll be too many avatars fighting for them unless they massively up the spawn or something.
BS. These mobs already have massive spawns and no, people will not fight for them for this reason, so hard that there's none left; finishing off a stage is not that long anyway...
But better spawns on all mobs is always welcomed ofc, as long as it doesn't create server lag. Maybe a dynamic spawn? Mobs that appear in a similar manner to the dynamic wave events?

After 1st of sept you will only be able to finish the current stage you are working on on these 3 chains and after finishing the current stage, you will not be able to pick the next one so plan carefully.
Better Pick a chain and advance with it s much as possible before the 1st then you will have 1 year to finish whatever is left from the stage(s).

Yeah, I think I mis-read the first time, but I see that now. I think I'm just gonna go with the Leviathan, I like the reward in the first 4 stages. I've got about 4 days to get myself up to stage 4 which should be enough I think.

The fact that you get double reward (Iron + Codex) makes it imperitive for me to try and take this opportunity.

Yeah, I think I mis-read the first time, but I see that now. I think I'm just gonna go with the Leviathan, I like the reward in the first 4 stages. I've got about 4 days to get myself up to stage 4 which should be enough I think.

The fact that you get double reward (Iron + Codex) makes it imperitive for me to try and take this opportunity.
Best choice. it's what I also did.

MA advised 1 year ago that they would make this change and now they are doing it. Like it or not, good job MA for keeping to the plan. Can we see more planning with dates being kept please?

Last edited:
They already gave a whole year's notice and said the missions would be removed around this time of year (i.e., end of migration). No one should be acting surprised now.
read again what i typed..

I was under the impression that the iron missions would be available until stage completion. Once you finished a stage you wouldn't be able to get the next stage and codex would become the only thing. I guess I misread something or they changed their minds. Again.

This. I can't believe hearing someone that even if they knew missions will be gone in a year, it's MAs fault because that person doesn't believe anything MA says anyway ... :duh: dude, why do you still log in if you don't believe a thing the dev tells you??? :loco:
The amount of salt would have been the same even if it was 5 years or 10 years; products get discontinued all over the world, 0.1% casual customers will be salty, life moves on.
I believed they would remove it, but just look at MA's history : the timelines are almost always way off, the ideas or "promises" never materialize (examples: voting, space expansions - cargo system, estate system - quote " As a Property Owner you are also a citizen of a village and the development of ‘village life’ will be the focus of future releases. Being a responsible village citizen will have a positive effect on the village community as a whole. This ‘communal’ dimension will be a new aspect of gameplay within Planet Calypso. " and on and on)
I still log in because I love the game, the player base, the freedom, and many many more reasons. Just because MA has a history of bold promises, wild dreams/hopes, and consistently not delievering doens't mean I don't like their game - means I don't like how they run it and ALWAYS take any plans they have with a grain of salt.
I knew the missions were ending and I've dealt with that disappointment. I'm unhappy about a 1 week final warning. It's not like they didn't know a month ago or more. You can't argue that MA has great communication skills. Life moves on, but doesn't make it acceptable and just shrug our shoulders take whatever they give us.

BS. These mobs already have massive spawns and no, people will not fight for them for this reason, so hard that there's none left; finishing off a stage is not that long anyway...
But better spawns on all mobs is always welcomed ofc, as long as it doesn't create server lag. Maybe a dynamic spawn? Mobs that appear in a similar manner to the dynamic wave events?
I dont care what they said and when they said it tbh. Purely bad business and shit treatment of the casual playerbase.
I will remind everyone again this the second time they did this to us (3rd if you count LT mission changes) on caly alone.
You going to be ok if in another year MA announces they are reworking the codex again and do the same thing again?
Whats the problem? They said they gave us a year
Just lol
Now , because they totally forgot about these 3 mission chains until someone mentioned just the other day.. they see fit to apply more pressure
And still no word or clarification on their plans to handle planet partners (who rest assured are just as upset if not more tonsee their dev work be deleted...)
Community has to take a stand somewhere
Remember, MA originally plann3d to give us all just a month. Thts how far off base they are on this issue
This is abuse. Full stop.

You were informed on PCF last year that the grace period will end after migration 2020.You had 1 year to finish the remaining missions you've started.
All you needed to read was posted here on pcf on Jul 20, 2019 : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-notes-20-mission-system.267641/
I read it and it says this : This grace period will extend approximately one year from the implementation of the new mission system.
It doesn't say after migration 2020. I've been reading MA plans and posts for 10 years - when I hear "will extend approximately" I know that can mean anything. We all knew it would be ending a year ago, but the exact date wasn't known until a week prior. That's all I ask for is more communication - I would appreciate a specific date at least a month prior.

Why is this a mystery to you? Why the sudden outrage? They told you they were going to do this a year ago. Planet partners too.

Respectfully, I have this at work. I could make policy changes and put them on a giant billboard well in advance and have it follow them around. But the moment I make the change, suddenly it is if it was never done. It is like clockwork.

Stay informed.
Wanted to add respectfully (and I do mean respectfully, as Im aware of your presence and work in this community on the positive side so not really looking for a pissing match) about your workplace comment.
Why every boss assumes everyone is not informed?
Sure there are plenty of people who pay no attention. Those ones are usually obvious though.
But there are other reasons...
Mostly, your informed employees may be patiently waiting, without overstepping boundaries for some form of change of heart after internal review. Many employees will also rely on someone closer up the chain to relay the message.
Its a form of respect your employees give you that you (and the rest of management/ownership) know what your doing and will find clarity before enacting changes as stated.
Unfortunately it seems you might not be reciprocating that respect to at least some of your employees by thinking all of them weren't informed.
Just some perspective is all.

I believed they would remove it, but just look at MA's history : the timelines are almost always way off, the ideas or "promises" never materialize (examples: voting, space expansions - cargo system, estate system - quote " As a Property Owner you are also a citizen of a village and the development of ‘village life’ will be the focus of future releases. Being a responsible village citizen will have a positive effect on the village community as a whole. This ‘communal’ dimension will be a new aspect of gameplay within Planet Calypso. " and on and on)
I still log in because I love the game, the player base, the freedom, and many many more reasons. Just because MA has a history of bold promises, wild dreams/hopes, and consistently not delievering doens't mean I don't like their game - means I don't like how they run it and ALWAYS take any plans they have with a grain of salt.
I knew the missions were ending and I've dealt with that disappointment. I'm unhappy about a 1 week final warning. It's not like they didn't know a month ago or more. You can't argue that MA has great communication skills. Life moves on, but doesn't make it acceptable and just shrug our shoulders take whatever they give us.
Now I like this post.
Indeed, their vision was something that always smelled like politicians promises so you should never believe in those visions. But when devs say we remove this feature in one year, you don't make your calculations on something that interest you bidding on their failure to carry n the removal of that feature... you should believe the devs instead especially when they come forward with the specifications of the product.

I agree with what you said. I've been around since 2005 and I've heard a lot of things that I wish it came true but I never got too attached to those ideas and that helps me while it seems it broke other ppl so bad that they now wish the game would die and even do their best to make that happen :D don' go there, for your mental health sake..

MA has 0 communication skills. They don't even try. If they had 1 person there willing to explain the whole process, willing to put on the table the pros and cons of the two systems in both server resource consumption and also ingame benefits, people would have take it a bit better, BUT, MA NEVER did the math for the community so they can't actually say - hey, we know it feels bad that we remove irons so we made codex that has 10 times the rewards

This is abuse. Full stop.

I don't get your grief. You almost haven't played at all during the past several years, how is this affecting you in any way? It is affecting me and those that play every day and it's affecting us in a positive way. What's the issue here?

We all knew it would be ending a year ago, but the exact date wasn't known until a week prior. That's all I ask for is more communication - I would appreciate a specific date at least a month prior.

Legacy Iron, Bronze and Silver missions for Eomon and Longtooth can be completed during this years migration season but it is no longer possible to sign up for these missions from Hunting Mission Terminals. Please note that it has been communicated that the legacy Hunting Missions will be disabled later in 2020 and that uncompleted missions will not provide any rewards. This means that the 2020 Migration Season is the last chance to complete any legacy Hunting Missions.

From the 2020 migration info.
It was told 1 month ago.
It says ANY, not migration mobs.

Yea well I have confidence that when you say things you'll do you mean it and actually follow up with it in some reasonable time. I can't believe a flyin shit out of MA's mouth.

I mean I guess I can give you that but they were pretty clear on these irons. We all knew they were ending at this time. Not only for the idea that it was 1 year from the last warning (you don't need another warning), but also there were at least 2 other notices since the beginning of migration.

Great, MA! About time we move on and give the other planets the CODEX! Hurry up, make haste, do not delay this.

When that is done, please do a proper job of diversifying the rewards given by the codex. It will make the game so much better. Players will rejoice and give you their peds. You will all have nice xmas bonuses at the office. Just do it now, and do it right.

I don't get your grief. You almost haven't played at all during the past several years, how is this affecting you in any way? It is affecting me and those that play every day and it's affecting us in a positive way. What's the issue here?
Your really having trouble wrapping your head around the fact that I am upset for the community at large and this is terrible business practice in an rce grind game. This has nothing to do with me at all.
Pretty sure I wrote that at least a few times now, guess you chose not to believe me, ok.

I also offered for MA to delete my missions and save everyone else's to further illustrate my point.
Yet you still to prefer to look at my tracker to try to find some hidden agenda? Lol

Ive been around since before missions even existed at all. Dont try to attack my recent playing time or play style, its perfectly normal.

Plus evey, i thought you of all people would know not to judge participation time on tracker globals alone. Go ahead and go back to my profile, the last few years, see where i was and what i was hunting..
Thats right i wasnt on caly and i was hunting small mobs for mu% and missions.. on other planets, where globals are missed constantly.
Whoops!

Just wanting to double check something here.
For all you guys that are ok with this practice on principle.
Your'e all going to be ok if MA does this again in a few more years? As long as they give you a year?
Thay is my stance on this.
Really dont care that much about my skills i do care about wasting my time...

Anyways a very very intersting game just went live beta at this very moment and im off for a landrush and to build my home!
I think ill spend my day over there instead of succumb to MA unecesary pressures.
Happy shooting and looting everyone!

Last edited:
Just wanting to double check something here.
For all you guys that are ok with this practice on principle.
Your'e all going to be ok if MA does this again in a few more years? As long as they give youa year?
Thay is my stance on this.
Really dont care that much about my skills i do care about wastimg my time...

Anyways a very very intersting game just went live beta at this very moment and im off for a landrush and to build my home!
I think ill spend my day over there instead of succumb to MA unecesary pressures.
Happy shooting and looting everyone!

Okay bye.

You do understand that game is beta and will likely change and evolve a year from now.... right? (And like every other game).

It's like you've never played a game before. I find 1 year pretty generous. Most big changes like this usually are changed with a span of an expansion, 6 months or less.

Okay bye.

You do understand that game is beta and will likely change and evolve a year from now.... right? (And like every other game).

It's like you've never played a game before. I find 1 year pretty generous. Most big changes like this usually are changed with a span of an expansion, 6 months or less.
There is no bye. im merely checking out another game which I do all the time since im a gamer and I have interest in game development.
Wow, pretty shocked by your reply tbh, must have hit a nerve i apologize.
I thought I offered some kind words to you, again you didnt reciprocate. You must be one hell of a boss to work for. Smh

Listen to your rant, its like I never played a game before? Really? Ok boss

Your really having trouble wrapping your head around the fact that I am upset for the community at large and this is terrible business practice in an rce grind game. This has nothing to do with me at all.
Pretty sure I wrote that at least a few times now, guess you chose not to believe me, ok.

I also offered for MA to delete my missions and save everyone else's to further illustrate my point.
Yet you still to prefer to look at my tracker to try to find some hidden agenda? Lol

Ive been around since before missions even existed at all. Dont try to attack my recent playing time or play style, its perfectly normal.

Plus evey, i thought you of all people would know not to judge participation time on tracker globals alone. Go ahead and go back to my profile, the last few years, see where i was and what i was hunting..
Thats right i wasnt on caly and i was hunting small mobs for mu% and missions.. on other planets, where globals are missed constantly.
Whoops!

No I wanted you to actually write it down, so it's clear for everyone where you at - you're a social justice warrior when there's nothing to defend here. You're not involved with the game at all but all of the sudden you popped to fight no one's war.

Not attacking your play style, it's fine just the way you like it, just don't try defend active hunters because the things are pretty different than what you suggest.

But I do look at tracker when talking to someone, it shows the level of understanding of that person of the subject.

In regards to practice on principle, stop doing politics here, stop acting like MA is your government and owes you stuff. People that are happy with the change are happy because:
- old iron mission rewards are trash!
- new codex gives much more skill,
- codex has much bigger variety
- codex gives you the freedom of hunting whatever mob you want while focusing your hunting path all the time;
- codex has something we've been assign for many many years: repeatable missions.

One year notice was plenty of time so stop bitching already and it was clear from the original announcement that the autumn VU would bring this change.

Your really having trouble wrapping your head around the fact that I am upset for the community at large...."

I don't think the community at large is unhappy with the codex. On the contrary, most people I chat with seem happy about it. There are a few old timers having grievance about attribute tokens disappearing from mission rewards, but really, it's nothing more than resilience to change. Other planets still tokens those if they're interested. With codex, it's easier than ever to tune your skills to your liking. If MA could diversify rewards to make it more interesting and less generic, it's a winner (even for those few attribute heads).

No I wanted you to actually write it down, so it's clear for everyone where you at - you're a social justice warrior when there's nothing to defend here. You're not involved with the game at all but all of the sudden you popped to fight no one's war.

Not attacking your play style, it's fine just the way you like it, just don't try defend active hunters because the things are pretty different than what you suggest.

But I do look at tracker when talking to someone, it shows the level of understanding of that person of the subject.

In regards to practice on principle, stop doing politics here, stop acting like MA is your government and owes you stuff. People that are happy with the change are happy because:
- old iron mission rewards are trash!
- new codex gives much more skill,
- codex has much bigger variety
- codex gives you the freedom of hunting whatever mob you want while focusing your hunting path all the time;
- codex has something we've been assign for many many years: repeatable missions.

One year notice was plenty of time so stop bitching already and it was clear from the original announcement that the autumn VU would bring this change.
Wrong again Evey, keep trying tho its quit amusing watching you reach for an easy conclusion.

Im not involved with the game at all? Wrong again.
Maybe you should look up some of my previous player's notes posts, one where i decoded loot 1.0, another where i offered up immense suggestions to planet cyrene some of which they took up. I also tested the armor changes after loot 2.0 and reported that to the community. Plenty of entropia wiki edits on my part, im a soc leader (small but still) I could go on and on...
Wrong again!

Back