Removal of Iron Challenges

I don't think the community at large is unhappy with the codex. On the contrary, most people I chat with seem happy about it. There are a few old timers having grievance about attribute tokens disappearing from mission rewards, but really, it's nothing more than resilience to change. Other planets still tokens those if they're interested. With codex, it's easier than ever to tune your skills to your liking. If MA could diversify rewards to make it more interesting and less generic, it's a winner (even for those few attribute heads).
Its not about the codex its about ripping out peoples invested time money and progress from underneath them.
Would like to remind everyone this is an RCE world we are in. Comparisons to other games dont work really.

Wrong again Evey, keep trying tho its quit amusing watching you reach for an easy conclusion.

Im not involved with the game at all? Wrong again.
Maybe you should look up some of my previous player's notes posts, one where i decoded loot 1.0, another where i offered up immense suggestions to planet cyrene some of which they took up. I also tested the armor changes after loot 2.0 and reported that to the community. Plenty of entropia wiki edits on my part, im a soc leader (small but still) I could go on and on...
Wrong again!
Nah I was right. Pretty much close to no playing at all and barely unlocked marksmanship :ROFLMAO:
Now that I take a closer look to your el profile, I see your total loot on tracker since 2010 (45k) is just about what atomicstom can do in a few days.
So an SJW tester that doesn't get what real avatar progress is.
carry on the bs...

How would you know? You didn't put any of those into the game. And who is asking you for defending here? Tell them to get at least a person that graduated the discipleship, they might have a better understanding of the game
Wrong again Evey man your on a roll!

How would you know? You didn't put any of those into the game. And who is asking you for defending here? Tell them to get at least a person that graduated the discipleship, they might have a better understanding of the game
You missed the part wher Ive been around since before missions.
Oh thanks for reminding me I also have 9 disciples graduated and about 20 others halfway..
Go on...

Evey, i can guarantee you i know more about this game than you.
You want to make it personal?
Tired of all the big wallet big mouths that know nothing...
Bring it.

Evey, i can guarantee you i know more about this game than you.
You want to make it personal?
Tired of all the big wallet big mouths that know nothing...
Bring it.

You already failed before the challenge started mate.You had 1 year, it caught you by surprise, now you are upset and we see it.
Prepare better next time.

Its not about the codex its about ripping out peoples invested time money and progress from underneath them.

During the 1 year grace period, while we got double rewards from Iron's and Codex too, we were compensated nonstop in advance for the lost progress of Iron's.
No need to cry about it, we got the lost progress in form of codex skills, or if you finished the Irons, there is no loss, only extra skills.
Your argument is pointless.

Lol its pretty funny actually, Evey's forum title is "stalker" mine is "guardian"
Oh the irony!

You already failed before the challenge started mate.You had 1 year, it caught you by surprise, now you are upset and we see it.
Prepare better next time.
Oh I see your comingn late to the party. You probably skipped over the parts wher I repeatedly said its not about me at all.
The part where I offered to delete my missions to saven the rest of yours.
You know nothing about what i failed. (Oh look another big wallet big mouth thinking they know all already, shocking)
Nothing caught me by surprise save for the flacid repsonse by our community especially the ubers (and we know why, because you nutjobs already finished everything)
Ive read this forum nearly every day for over a decade messi
Im well informed enough to have an opinion on this

Legacy Iron, Bronze and Silver missions for Eomon and Longtooth can be completed during this years migration season but it is no longer possible to sign up for these missions from Hunting Mission Terminals.
Please note that it has been communicated that the legacy Hunting Missions will be disabled later in 2020 and that uncompleted missions will not provide any rewards.
This means that the 2020 Migration Season is the last chance to complete any legacy Hunting Missions.
indeed it was stated 1 year ago, reminded with the start of migration, and then repeated again 1 week before the release - and yet there is crying about "not enough notice" - wtf is wrong with some individuals :D
if you ask me this was one of the changes with the most upfront notices and longest wait period!

During the 1 year grace period, while we got double rewards from Iron's and Codex too, we were compensated nonstop in advance for the lost progress of Iron's.
No need to cry about it, we got the lost progress in form of codex skills, or if you finished the Irons, there is no loss, only extra skills.
Your argument is pointless.
My arguement is pointless?
You guys keep trying to resolve it down to what you think is my personal agenda, and you will all keep being wrong over and over no matter how many forum posts youve made or what you entropia life tracker rank is or total loot value.

Again for the millionth time it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do w. me.

Irons were available for many years. Be thankful for the extra year that was given.
This notification/reminder is very welcome.

Its like none of you have ever read or watched hitchikers guide to the galaxy.
You guys are literraly acting like the opening scene
"Well the scheduled destruction of earth for a superhighway has been posted for well over a year now...."
Your missing the larger point massively

You guys are literraly acting like the opening scene
"Well the scheduled destruction of earth for a superhighway has been posted for well over a year now...."
with that setting, it looks like the opposing party of this thread has already finished the critical double missions and said something like "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish", and moved on to codex missions
what is the point to try to reopen a discussion whether the superhighway is a good thing or not, on ~ week 52 of the week 51 of the planned build works?
besides, the huge difference with the context at hand is that general public of Earth was not informed about the 1 year plan, which is not at all the case here :)

with that setting, it looks like the opposing party of this thread has already finished the critical double missions and said something like "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish", and moved on to codex missions
what is the point to try to reopen a discussion whether the superhighway is a good thing or not, on ~ week 52 of the week 51 of the planned build works?
besides, the huge difference with the context at hand is that general public of Earth was not informed about the 1 year plan, which is not at all the case here :)
Gritsn, first of all peoples lives have been saved when sitting in the death chair moments before execution.. i mean cmon with that.
Dont try and act like every single participant of this universe saw those mesages from MA. All around the world, in all the different languages.

Its not like they had it posted up at all in the client loader which is certainly where it should be

No, its more of MA graphic of avatars fighting longtooth in harrior armor smh...

And yeah all you ubers are most certainly being so long and thanks for all the fish no question...

Legacy Iron, Bronze and Silver missions for Eomon and Longtooth can be completed during this years migration season but it is no longer possible to sign up for these missions from Hunting Mission Terminals. Please note that it has been communicated that the legacy Hunting Missions will be disabled later in 2020 and that uncompleted missions will not provide any rewards. This means that the 2020 Migration Season is the last chance to complete any legacy Hunting Missions.

From the 2020 migration info.
It was told 1 month ago.
It says ANY, not migration mobs.

I don't disagree with your logic, but my point is that MA did not clearly state this. What you are saying is what it seems to me that you are reading into it and putting together what they said in a logical fashion. If it says "later in 2020" that's vague.

[Moderated: Removed quote of deleted post]

There rest of us (well most of us) understand what MA said a year ago. The rest of us (well most of us) have been discussing recently that the chain will end at the end of August. The rest of us (well most of us) are all and were all aware this was going to happen. I knew this was the date and have known this was the date, for iron mission removal, for some time.
Sure I have quite a few iron missions to complete but it was my choice to focus on the Longtooth codex rather than complete some more iron missions.
This announcement really is no surprise at all and I for one am glad MA is doing it.

Let's getter done boys. let's getter done.

Last edited by a moderator:
indeed it was stated 1 year ago, reminded with the start of migration, and then repeated again 1 week before the release - and yet there is crying about "not enough notice" - wtf is wrong with some individuals :D
if you ask me this was one of the changes with the most upfront notices and longest wait period!
I'll agree to this. I'm not crying about not enough notice, I'm unhappy with the unclear notice which is typical of MA. It was more upfront then they usually are and could argue 1 year is a long time to work on missions. I"m saying that no specific date was provided until 1 week prior and that is poor if not awful communication. It's not like they didn't have a date in mind a month or more ago - but knowing MA maybe they didn't.
There wasn't even a specific date migration was ending. We got notice that it's ending soon and one could figure it out based on update schedules etc, but still MA doesn't say "migration ending Sept. 1st" or what not.
I'm not trying to convince anyone that it was or was not enough time, I'm trying to make sure you understand my issue with providing a specific date only 1 week in advance. Not sure how that can be defended.

. I knew this was the date and have known this was the date, for iron mission removal, for some time.

If you knew then MA knew and should/could have said something specific long time ago. Saying "sometime in 3rd quarter" or "after" some event isn't specific. I don't disagree with you that it "seemed" obvious and you felt confident - I however did not and that is based on MA's long long history of horrible timelines, missed promises, surprise announcements, etc etc.

If you knew then MA knew and should/could have said something specific long time ago.

MA has apparently known the date for this since late May and shared it on inofficial platforms. When that was shared on discord, it should have also been posted as news on calypso website. That is the only thing I have a problem with about this whole thing.

The removal of iron missions, great! If it somehow helps performance, odd, but even better.

The 1 year grace period. Amazing. Way better than I would have thought coming from MA.

The codex is great. The double rewards during grace period has been great.

How the information regarding this has been communicated, however has left a bit to desire

So if I understand correctly, there is still time to go get these three?
  • The Apprentice Leviathan Fighter
  • The Apprentice Rextelum Fighter
  • The Apprentice Traeskeron Fighter
If so, can someone tell where to get them please?
You can try to finish these missions, untill 1 September 2021
However, only if you have them opened already. I don't think they can still be opened.

If you knew then MA knew and should/could have said something specific long time ago. Saying "sometime in 3rd quarter" or "after" some event isn't specific. I don't disagree with you that it "seemed" obvious and you felt confident - I however did not and that is based on MA's long long history of horrible timelines, missed promises, surprise announcements, etc etc.
I've been at this game for years Devinfelth. I really did know it was coming at the end of August. since at least 2 months ago. I've seen plenty of in game chat saying this date, lots of people on twitch streaming this game have said it.

There rest of us (well most of us) understand what MA said a year ago. The rest of us (well most of us) have been discussing recently that the chain will end at the end of August. The rest of us (well most of us) are all and were all aware this was going to happen. I knew this was the date and have known this was the date, for iron mission removal, for some time.
Sure I have quite a few iron missions to complete but it was my choice to focus on the Longtooth codex rather than complete some more iron missions.
This announcement really is no surprise at all and I for one am glad MA is doing it.

Let's getter done boys. let's getter done.
Why does everyone in here keep acting like we are surprised by the announcement?
Just about every dissenting voice so far in here has said they were informed the whole time.

And really, your glad MA is taking away missions you didnt get to finish?
Ok

Basically your saying "yeah hey (most of us) we knew about this earth getting blown up and started packing up already. Why didnt you pack?"

Thats the wrong argument.

You can try to finish these missions, untill 1 September 2021
However, only if you have them opened already. I don't think they can still be opened.

You still can start the new one from those.
New one from those will be unavailable after VU update.
I started a next stage from Traesk at yesterday.

I've been at this game for years Devinfelth. I really did know it was coming at the end of August. since at least 2 months ago. I've seen plenty of in game chat saying this date, lots of people on twitch streaming this game have said it.
Well why did you know and I didn't? In game chat and people on twitch? What people? If none of them were MA staff/employees/representatives then I think that is classified as a rumor or leak. Doesn't matter if it was spot on true, it still was not official communication from the company. Yea I felt fairly confident that it was going to end right after migration - people keep missing my point in this. Nothing specific was given until 1 week prior and that is the icing on the shit cake of this whole thing.

Why does everyone in here keep acting like we are surprised by the announcement?
Just about every dissenting voice so far in here has said they were informed the whole time.

You know the old man joke about 1 man driving the wrong way in freeway?
"It's worse than that", he replies, "there are hundreds of them!"

You act here exactly like this 1 old man.

Devs told 1 year ago why the removal.
The iron missions were too problematic to maintain or to change anything on them.
Also costed a lot of server performance.

They cannot solve to not start the codex for individuals till he finished the iron for that mob.
So because codex would start immediately, there was the grace period with double rewards, not just grace, and codex after end of grace.

Also waiting for all iron to be completed would last forever, like every new avatar from day 1 was picking not just small mobs, but eomon, daspletor etc too, when most of them never ever will be able to hunt those.
Also there are many more less active, or even inactive avatar's are exist, if you cry after 1 year grace period, why do you think they wont cry after 2, or 3?
Or even after return of 5-10 years of inactivity?
If they wait for everybody to complete, irons would never been removed.

Well why did you know and I didn't? In game chat and people on twitch? What people? If none of them were MA staff/employees/representatives then I think that is classified as a rumor or leak. Doesn't matter if it was spot on true, it still was not official communication from the company. Yea I felt fairly confident that it was going to end right after migration - people keep missing my point in this. Nothing specific was given until 1 week prior and that is the icing on the shit cake of this whole thing.

There is still no exact date, yesterday they only said "with next VU" and that is planned for next week.
There is still not sure if the next VU comes at next week, as they said, delay is possible.

The info about the 2020 migration will be included was told 1 years ago, by official MA staff in PCF.
So from there, everybody (should) count with end of august.

With 2020 migration info, they confirmed this, last chance for any legacy mission.

Exact date they not wrote, because there is still not sure if VU comes next week or not.
If they still dont know that, how would they know 1 month ago or 1 year ago?

It's ok I just drank four 7.0 alc content beers and took a puff off og indica kush, everything will work out :)

Back