Help: Can not install the latest update-Really need help here please.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
When the install gets to 95% and starts the update I get a message that the program entropiaupdater.exe has been blocked. I have tried running as an admin and get the same message and it won't even open. If I just click on (not run as admin) the icon it opens and loads and starts the D/l then I get the block message. I would add a pic of the message but not sure how to add one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

not sure about your problem but there's a thread about blocked here

I installed from scratch today and got the same errors. And disabling UAC in the reg fixed it.

If the solution given above from the virtualsense forum does not work or you don't want to have UAC turned off there is another solution. I tried the above method and although I was able to download the patch and play the game with LUA ( UAC ) turned off , once I turned UAC back on I was having the same problem. Running in admin mode, via command prompt (normally not in admin), changing properties etc wasn't working.

If you forgot where your Entropia file is, the error will tell you the file location of the ClientLoader.exe file at the bottom of the notification.

To fix this you can run the game through the Windows Command Prompt using admin mode ( right click and select run as administrator ). You just need to type in the path of the ClientLoader.exe file into the prompt, for example mine would be

C:\Windows\system32>d:\Entropia\bin32\ClientLoader.exe

( where the Window Sys 32 prompt is admin mode , the D is the drive the Entropia file is located on , Entropia is my renamed file for the game , bin32 is where the loader is located for everyone , and ClientLoader.exe is the default as well ) This should force the program to run and access the login server and update even with UAC on ( regedit LUA value set to 1 ). You will have to do this every time you want to run the game, a few people are having to do this not just me.

Currently this is the only way for me to run the game unless I turn UAC completely off, which I won't do. I hope they patch whatever is causing this with windows. IF this ever happens again this method should overwrite whatever you have on your computer from blocking the program.

You can close the command prompt window after the game launches.

It also maybe worth mentioning that I have my Entropia Universe folder set to exclusions for windows security defender. Although this should not effect the above from happening , if you run into issues after doing whats said above for whatever reason make sure to exclude your Entropia folder by doing the following

Search in task bar ( Windows Security Center ) > Virus and Threat Protection > Virus and Threat Protection Settings ( manage settings ) > Exclusions ( Add or remove Exclusions ) > Add an Exclusion ( drop down ) , select Folder > Entropia Universe ( search for where ever you have the client downloaded to and select the main folder ) > You should then see the folder in the exclusions list

Last edited:
If the solution given above from the virtualsense forum does not work or you don't want to have UAC turned off there is another solution. I tried the above method and although I was able to download the patch and play the game with LUA ( UAC ) turned off , once I turned UAC back on I was having the same problem. Running in admin mode, via command prompt (normally not in admin), changing properties etc wasn't working.

If you forgot where your Entropia file is, the error will tell you the file location of the ClientLoader.exe file at the bottom of the notification.
not sure about your problem but there's a thread about blocked here

To fix this you can run the game through the Windows Command Prompt using admin mode ( right click and select run as administrator ). You just need to type in the path of the ClientLoader.exe file into the prompt, for example mine would be

C:\Windows\system32>d:\Entropia\bin32\ClientLoader.exe

( where the Window Sys 32 prompt is admin mode , the D is the drive the Entropia file is located on , Entropia is my renamed file for the game , bin32 is where the loader is located for everyone , and ClientLoader.exe is the default as well ) This should force the program to run and access the login server and update even with UAC on ( regedit LUA value set to 1 ). You will have to do this every time you want to run the game, a few people are having to do this not just me.

Currently this is the only way for me to run the game unless I turn UAC completely off, which I won't do. I hope they patch whatever is causing this with windows. IF this ever happens again this method should overwrite whatever you have on your computer from blocking the program.

You can close the command prompt window after the game launches.

It also maybe worth mentioning that I have my Entropia Universe folder set to exclusions for windows security defender. Although this should not effect the above from happening , if you run into issues after doing whats said above for whatever reason make sure to exclude your Entropia folder by doing the following

Search in task bar ( Windows Security Center ) > Virus and Threat Protection > Virus and Threat Protection Settings ( manage settings ) > Exclusions ( Add or remove Exclusions ) > Add an Exclusion ( drop down ) , select Folder > Entropia Universe ( search for where ever you have the client downloaded to and select the main folder ) > You should then see the folder in the exclusions list

Thanks guys.

For me the simple solution was to disable the UAC (or LAU don't remember) and then re-enable it when done. I have no problems since then and the UAC and the LAU are both enabled.

Thanks again for the help.

Right for a lot of people that will work. For some , re enabling the UAC will have the problems still occur even after doing the update like myself. In which case you will have to run the game through the command prompt. Either way this is stupid for us to even have to do this.

Right for a lot of people that will work. For some , re enabling the UAC will have the problems still occur even after doing the update like myself. In which case you will have to run the game through the command prompt. Either way this is stupid for us to even have to do this.
Absolutely right. I have a friend who does a lot of programming and he says it has to do with the manifest that tells windows how to install the update. If is is not written with the correct instructions to windows this is what happens.

I guess we are back to the junior programmers AGAIN :)

Back