An administrator has blocked your acces to application for safety

NoBion

Elite
Society
Freelancer
NoBion Nob Andersen
So i had this message today trying to run the client loader

Running as administrator doesent fix it.

Only option i could really find is to completely turn off the feature with the user acces control in windows Regedit.

Anyone else having issues?

The message i saw is the same as this video (which is also the guide i used to get it working)

inkumario & Baelrahyn

Thanks for the thumbs down and non eu related complain.

Learn to read or slow down and read things before you rate or comment. :dance:

Two things you could try before moving to more drastic things is:

1. Right click on the client launcher .exe file, select "properties", and on the "General" tab look for a checkbox labeled "unlock" (or unblock I can't remember). Click it and save.

2. Check your current user permissions. Go to properties again, but now move to the Security tab. See if you have all the checks required on the "Allow" column, otherwise feel free to grant any privilege you are missing or (my advice) give total control to the entire user group.

Last edited:
inkumario & Baelrahyn

Thanks for the thumbs down and non eu related complain.

Learn to read or slow down and read things before you rate or comment. :dance:

I did not down vote you, so the slow down and read applies.

I admit i read it fast, and just saw CCCleaner, However, i do not recommend changing UAC in this process as if you are not familiar with the windows registry you will probably break something. Also the next Microsoft patch may just revert your settings.

I would refer to Angels recommendation before taking this approach.

]
1. Right click on the client launcher .exe file, select "properties", and on the "General" tab look for a checkbox labeled "unlock" (or unblock I can't remember). Click it and save.

2. Check your current user permissions. Go to properties again, but now move to the Security tab. See if you have all the checks required on the "Allow" column, otherwise feel free to grant any privilege you are missing or (my advice) give total control to the entire user group.

This same thing happened to me. I ran it as Administrator and it did the update. I don't have to run as Admin. to log in and play.

I will try that, i am not that happy to remove any safety from windows ?

I did not down vote you, so the slow down and read applies.

I admit i read it fast, and just saw CCCleaner, However, i do not recommend changing UAC in this process as if you are not familiar with the windows registry you will probably break something. Also the next Microsoft patch may just revert your settings.

I would refer to Angels recommendation before taking this approach.

I have the same problem. I dont have to turn off "EnableLUA" if I start a Command Promt and make sure I start that as Administrator, and there I start "c:\Program Files [x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32\ClientLoader.exe"
(Or where you installed your game)
Then the game starts ok.
(I made a .bat file... because its how old I am...)

(Setting property "Run this program as an administrator" didnt help on my PC.)

Sounds for me like some botched file access properties, could be anything from virus, anti-virus, Windows doing its thing or even some failing drive.
Would recommend checking for viruses first and drives second.
and allways remember "No backup, no pity" :D

Log in to windows as administrator. Then run the patch. I had to do this myself. After the patch is complete you can log out of windows as Admin and log in as you and it will work fine. Simply running the client loader as administrator did not work for me.

A quick solution was given to me by Eugenio Anhithe Wilde on the VirtualSense forum :

https://www.virtualsense.eu/forum/t...7-3-1-eu-certificate-revoked.5929/#post-43129

This worked for me :)
Which is basically the same as diaabling UAC ?
Strange thing is, I have not disabled it and I did not get any warning or errors.
Also I did not run any tools to enhance performance or clean up my registry or any other third party tool to twiddle with windows.
I do not even have any AV solution besides Windows defender....why did I not run into some trouble ?

Is there a solution to this problem that doesn't basically just turn off security protocols, antivirus programs, or messes around with regedit?

Last edited:
If the solution given above from the virtualsense forum does not work or you don't want to have UAC turned off there is another solution. I tried the above method and although I was able to download the patch and play the game with LUA ( UAC ) turned off , once I turned UAC back on I was having the same problem. Running in admin mode, via command prompt (normally not in admin), changing properties etc wasn't working.

If you forgot where your Entropia file is, the error will tell you the file location of the ClientLoader.exe file at the bottom of the notification.

To fix this you can run the game through the Windows Command Prompt using admin mode ( right click and select run as administrator ). You just need to type in the path of the ClientLoader.exe file into the prompt, for example mine would be

C:\Windows\system32>d:\Entropia\bin32\ClientLoader.exe

( where the Window Sys 32 prompt is admin mode , the D is the drive the entropia file is located on , Entropia is my renamed file for the game , bin32 is where the loader is located for everyone , and ClientLoader.exe is the default as well ) This should force the program to run and access the login server and update even with UAC on ( regedit LUA value set to 1 ). You will have to do this every time you want to run the game, a few people are having to do this not just me.

Currently this is the only way for me to run the game unless I turn UAC completely off, which I won't do. I hope they patch whatever is causing this with windows. IF this ever happens again this method should overwrite whatever you have on your computer from blocking the program.

You can close the command prompt window after the game launches.

It also maybe worth mentioning that I have my Entropia Universe folder set to exclusions for windows security defender. Although this should not effect the above from happening , if you run into issues after doing whats said above for whatever reason make sure to exclude your Entropia folder by doing the following

Search in task bar ( Windows Security Center ) > Virus and Threat Protection > Virus and Threat Protection Settings ( manage settings ) > Exclusions ( Add or remove Exclusions ) > Add an Exclusion ( drop down ) , select Folder > Entropia Universe ( search for where ever you have the client downloaded to and select the main folder ) > You should then see the folder in the exclusions list

I copied this from my reply on another post

Last edited:
If the solution given above from the virtualsense forum does not work there is another soultion. I tried the above method and although I was able to download the patch and play the game with LUA ( UAC ) turned off , once I turned UAC back on I was having the same problem. Running in admin mode etc wasn't working.

To fix this you can run the game through the Windows Command Prompt using admin mode ( right click and select run as administrator ). You just need to type in the path of the ClientLoader.exe file into the prompt, for example mine would be

C:\Windows\system32>d:\Entropia\bin32\ClientLoader.exe

( where the Window Sys 32 prompt is admin mode , the D is the drive the entropia file is located on , Entropia is my renamed file for the game , bin32 is where the loader is located for everyone , and ClientLoader.exe is the default as well ) This should force the program to run and access the login server and update even with UAC on ( regedit LUA value set to 1 ). You will have to do this every time you want to run the game, a few people are having to do this not just me.

Currently this is the only way for me to run the game unless I turn UAC completely off, which I won't do. I hope they patch whatever is causing this with windows. IF this ever happens again this method should overwrite whatever you have on your computer from blocking the program.

You can close the command prompt window after the game launches.

It also maybe worth mentioning that I have my Entropia Universe folder set to exclusions for windows security defender. Although this should not effect the above from happening , if you run into issues after doing whats said above for whatever reason make sure to exclude your Entropia folder by doing the following

Search in task bar ( Windows Security Center ) > Virus and Threat Protection > Virus and Threat Protection Settings ( manage settings ) > Exclusions ( Add or remove Exclusions ) > Add an Exclusion ( drop down ) , Folder > Entropia Universe ( search for where ever you have the client downloaded to and select the main folder ) > You should then see the folder in the exclusions list

I copied this from my reply on another post

GREAT! THIS DID THE TRICK FOR ME!
Thank you very much!

if anyone was lost by ricks explanation, this is step by step

1. Right click short cut to EU
2. Go to open file location
3. right click EU file, Go to properties
4. Copy the text in TARGET:
5. Use command prompt as administrator
6. Past the copied text
7. Hit enter It will open the game and by pass it

Last edited:
I have a solution to this problem.... EU can sort their shit out and make their own damn game run on standard computers without having to disable protections
I do not think MA is the problem here, my computer has never been "tweaked", I have no obscure AV running, I have the latest official Windows version running and everything is fine, even though I do not use the standard folder.
Antoher thing could be that the user trying to do something has no administartive rights and in most cases this is really intended, because such user tend to click yes on the "Do you want to install the latestst virus?" pop-up.
Disabling UAC just means, anything can install everything without user noticing.

My AVG anti-virus software denied me access to the file. Said something it about being bad and they were looking into it. While I was reading these forums the AVG popped up again said it was analyzed and they said it was good to go. Problem solved for me. Good luck with others having the same yet different issue.

I do not think MA is the problem here, my computer has never been "tweaked", I have no obscure AV running, I have the latest official Windows version running and everything is fine, even though I do not use the standard folder.
Antoher thing could be that the user trying to do something has no administartive rights and in most cases this is really intended, because such user tend to click yes on the "Do you want to install the latestst virus?" pop-up.
Disabling UAC just means, anything can install everything without user noticing.

The problem is that the certificate for EU has been revoked by its certification authority. This is something MA has to solve.

I would say that, if the installation can nevertheless be done without warning or blocking, this is not necessarily a good sign in terms of security protection.

The problem is that the certificate for EU has been revoked by its certification authority. This is something MA has to solve.

I would say that, if the installation can nevertheless be done without warning or blocking, this is not necessarily a good sign in terms of security protection.
weird...does not show as revoked here...arent those revocation lists handled by the windows updates also ?

11 September 2020
Entropia Universe Client Installation Issues:

Due to an error by the certificate issuing authority, the certificate for the Entropia Universe client application was inadvertently revoked. This has resulted in some participants receiving security alerts or errors when trying to install Entropia Universe.

MindArk is working closely with the certificate issuer to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the issuer has informed MindArk that activating a replacement certificate will require 1-3 business days.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

This is not related to EU , CCleaner is a Spyware removal program.

CCleaner has never been a spyware removal program. I recommend you not to use CCleaner to remove spywares

I recommend Antivirus instead.

I recommend scan for malwarebytes if you gonna remove Spywares!

You can have Anti-malware programs together with your antivirus. Without causing any issues in your computer:)

CCleaner is just a cleaner. It can actually remove spyware if you are reaaaaaallly reallllyyy lucky!! :D

Back