Live Stream Auction all welcome

Alainax

Elite
Bonnie
Cape Coninth 26th September 2020 2130 ma time

On Saturday the 26th of September 2130ma time I will be hosting a live auction style event in game, where buyers and sellers will be able to view and live bid on items as they are shown. Imagine it a bit like a live televised auction/ TV sales programme. I of course won't be charging anything. If it works out well, might run one every couple of months :)

It's a new concept I am testing, hopefully will be beneficial to both buyers and sellers.

The concept would be simple, sellers would get in touch prior to the event, and put forward details of items they would like to have listed. Due to the nature of the format frequently traded stacks/items etc would not be appropriate. Buyers would then get a chance to see the items for sale, one by one on the stream - and bid for them in game. Reserves /start bids may be included, as well as an item catalogue. Trades would happened directly between buyer and seller, and I will not be holding items or payments nor charging any fees.

What's in it for sellers?
Free exposure for your item. Great for items that have been listed on PCF or elsewhere before but maybe need more attention.
Ideal for more rare or unique items that require a lot of publicity to find the right buyer
Perfect for sets, which are almost impossible to sell on our traditional AH
Clothes can be shown live on screen, handy for clothing sets which work well together, and not split up.
Vehicles that come as a set ( Ie with guns), can be sold as a set and not split up.
Opens up dialogues about the item, stats etc promoting further attention.
Happy to discuss reserves, buy outs, individual auction format ( ie reverse auction).
Quick sales.

What's in it for buyers?
A chance to bid on some of the more rare or harder to find items in game
Ability to buy complete sets.
Getting to see how things look or work in real time rather than just photos.
A chance of a bargain!
Quick purchases.
Opening dialogues with sellers for items you are interested in.
Can open a buyer auction style if you have a specific unlisted requirement and would like it listed with sellers putting forward their offers.

I should add this is best suited at items which are more difficult to sell over in game auction, and often end up on the various other platforms for sale instead.

If you are a seller and are interested in having your item put forward for the first catalogue, please let me know.

I will add more to this as it develops. Hope to see you there!

Location - Calypso. Free warps available from the other planets prior to auction.

Current catalogue

• Maddox 4 blueprint UL
  • Shop keeper
  • Arkadian Golden Key
  • level 24.x Dhampyre
  • Karmoosh Aleef (45m autoloot pet)
  • RX OpTac X2 Gloves (M)
  • Rare complete clothing sets
  • Aniara-class Mothership - Ark Royal
  • Omegaton Igni L1000 (tier 8.16)
  • Omegaton A106
  • Castorian Combat Mace Mk. 6, FEN Edition + Melee Trauma Amplifier 10, FEN Edition set
  • Naglfar (battleship_ +Naglfar Anti Air Cannon Mk. 1 +Naglfar Turret Mk. 1
  • Dominax Original Mamba Blueprint (L) + Hero's Sword Blueprint (L)
  • Monster truck
  • Summer Ring 2019
  • Katsuichi Determination, SGA Edition tier 3.8
  • Asclarias lvl 19
  • Cthylla towers apartment Monria
  • Leprechaun Gold Pet lvl 30 (32m autoloot)
  • Genesis Star Tower Apartment E
  • Genesis Star Tower Apartment H
  • Unique Custom male clothing set ( to be displayed at event)

Verified bidders
If you are considering bidding on an item please contact me prior to the auction to become verified. The purpose of this is to control potential troll bids. Becoming verified is confidential and straight forward ( again ofc, no fee on any of this). I can be contacted by pm here, discord, facebook, in game etc. You can become verified at any point but please consider doing this as soon as possible as it will likely be busy on the night. Unverified bidders will still be allowed to bid on the day, in case they missed this message, but it will be at the sellers discretion if they accept this bid or default to the highest verified bidder.

Important points
No bids from twitch/social media etc will be accepted. Only bidding in game.
If you cannot make it you may try to log in via the entropia pocket app to be able to access the chat to bid, or authorise a representative to bid on your behalf ( I recommend you get them verified).
All trades in game only
I will not be charging fees.
Items are not guaranteed to be entered, due to time constraints, but will be confirmed prior.
All items must be entered into the catalogue before 2359ma time on the 25th.

Last edited:
I will start this off by entering a maddox 4 blueprint UL for auction without reserve.
Looking forward to this event of a different kind but yet so very much at the core of entropia as RCE :D

Nice!

I may add a shop keeper if I still have one for sale then (it's a bit far away so it's hard to predict what will happen between now and then).

Great idea! If you were to hold it on an MS it could be like an AH at the End of the Universe, with elements of ceremony, or sellers waiting in line somewhere ready for their entrances or held on the top leisure deck and the next seller tps up. It could be combined with warps as in the boss hunts or so too.
Maybe an outside shop space could be made available as an auction desk/table, but if only the owner can drop items on the table that would involve hassle. I dunno what can be done in that regard...
I suppose the easiest way to guarantee an item is truly present is to have the seller equip it and have an assistant confirm by scanning if it is not obviously visible anyway. The item link would be available for all in the crowd I guess.
Anyway - great idea - happy to think more if you like :)

Great, but what items are allowed and not allowed to be traded? It would be nice to have some kind of a list what's in or out (whatever is shorter)

Hope this works as I have a few items to add.

Now we could use those old Cat walk scenes that used to be in Entropia :)

Nice concept! I like the idea.
Thank you! Hopefully I can make it all go smoothly!
I will start this off by entering a maddox 4 blueprint UL for auction without reserve.
Looking forward to this event of a different kind but yet so very much at the core of entropia as RCE :D

Perfect! Yes I am hopeful that the concept might tick a lot of boxes. Not just in getting the trading connected and an entertaining stream, , but a good way to showcase the trading aspect of the game to others who might be interested in playing or just starting out.
Nice!

I may add a shop keeper if I still have one for sale then (it's a bit far away so it's hard to predict what will happen between now and then).
That would be great! :)

Great idea! If you were to hold it on an MS it could be like an AH at the End of the Universe, with elements of ceremony, or sellers waiting in line somewhere ready for their entrances or held on the top leisure deck and the next seller tps up. It could be combined with warps as in the boss hunts or so too.
Maybe an outside shop space could be made available as an auction desk/table, but if only the owner can drop items on the table that would involve hassle. I dunno what can be done in that regard...
I suppose the easiest way to guarantee an item is truly present is to have the seller equip it and have an assistant confirm by scanning if it is not obviously visible anyway. The item link would be available for all in the crowd I guess.
Anyway - great idea - happy to think more if you like :)

Oo These ideas are fab! I think it might be best to be held on Calypso as the trades will all be in game. I'll grab the links to show on stream but the item there in the flesh to be scanned sounds ideal :)

Great, but what items are allowed and not allowed to be traded? It would be nice to have some kind of a list what's in or out (whatever is shorter)
Any sort of common mats/stackables wouldnt really fit in with the theme. If you or anyone has something for sale ( or a list) and wants to pm it to me I can let you know what might work out .
Hope this works as I have a few items to add.
Great!
Now we could use those old Cat walk scenes that used to be in Entropia :)
I was thinking about that too, would be really cool to have a use for them again!
really nice idea.... :cool:
Thanks!
Cool idea, i can throw in some items :)
Thank you, great!
gonna add a golden key to this as well
oo that will be exciting!

Have updated the post with the items put forward so far. As we will be limited on time I suggest letting me know when you can if you would like to list something, to get it in the catalogue for the first event :) If you prefer to pm thats fine also.

Just for info, spoke with MA about this style of event to ensure its all above board, they are happy and we are good to go! Have a few more items to add to the list, please remember to drop me a message or post here to get your item listed, as we will be limited on time so dont want anyone to miss out :)

Selling rare complete sets of clothing both Male and Female sets available e.g.
Renegade Fashion Citadel Shirt (F)
Renegade Fashion Citadel Pants (F)

To view sets please have a look at:
Camp Echidna North Hangar #3
Camp Echidna North Hangar #4

Both these hangars contain mannequins with clothing sets on for you to view in game.

Closest tp is Camp Echidna North Hangar (77849, 88937)

Note to Bonnie you probably won't be able to add all these to auction so choose however many you want to add. All of them will have a reserve.

Selling rare complete sets of clothing both Male and Female sets available e.g.
Renegade Fashion Citadel Shirt (F)
Renegade Fashion Citadel Pants (F)

To view sets please have a look at:
Camp Echidna North Hangar #3
Camp Echidna North Hangar #4

Both these hangars contain mannequins with clothing sets on for you to view in game.

Closest tp is Camp Echidna North Hangar (77849, 88937)

Note to Bonnie you probably won't be able to add all these to auction so choose however many you want to add. All of them will have a reserve.
Thanks George, ill head over and check them out, will drop you a pm :)

adding karmoosh aleef (45m autoloot/3%decreased critdmg) pet to the auction - will update level as we get closer to auction day

adding karmoosh aleef (45m autoloot/3%decreased critdmg) pet to the auction - will update level as we get closer to auction day
Thanks JBK! Looking forward to see this one in action!

Got a few other high ticket items due to be listed, and some more generally sought after high tier guns etc, will update the list asap :)

Great event idea ! If any of these items work can add them. One is my reward from winning crafting Mania.

Clicks TT Value
Dominax Original Mamba Blueprint (L)30.03

Hero's Sword Blueprint (L)310.31

High tier UL weapons and amps added also :)

Ill do a little update later with some extra info for buyers.

Good luck. Last guy that tried this didn't succeed for various reasons. Hope this one works out.

Good luck. Last guy that tried this didn't succeed for various reasons. Hope this one works out.

I have spoke with MA about it, and all cool from their end. So worst case scenario if I cant pull in the numbers, the sellers get some free publicity :) There seems to be a lot of people interested and excited about it, so I genuinely hope we can pull it off. I would very much love for there to be a positive video out there about the RCE in EU , and I think showcasing legit player trades is a good start!

Hope if you have future Live Auctions you can have at different MA times too , i calculate that this one is at 530am my local time , good luck with your first Live Auction , hope all goes well

I wouldnt want all streamers to follow this kind of lead and also ppl who do pay auction / shop prices will feel slighted..I don't like the idea.

Last edited:
Back