FYI: Robots Incursion Event

Sorry, probably my bad english, I don't get that part. :ahh:
There is no point in motherships being there. So they wont go. Means the quad fighters there at the moment have no where to spawn on. Makes the event very soon privateer only.

I would abosolutely love this opportunity in a mothership. I can see why you are having fun with it, I am happy that you are, but please appreciate the frustraiton in being told " Motherships banned - go play in a quad"
its for seconds tho bonnie! really its not being locked out its a trigger for u to direct your mass forces on new target mostly

you guys must have some quad team if not can i be the 1st to join the volunteer quad squad? haha :) s"quad" totaly has the word quad in it too!! cally me squaddie :)

That theory works in an instance, but as there are others there doing it as a wave event, , there is no time to get out from gunner never mind to switch job with crew part way through. Everyone is busy killing the boss whilst motherships are locked out.

Why would you need to stay in MS when boss is here anyway ?

What if the whole MS team get out whith Quad right before the boss appears ?

its for seconds tho bonnie! really its not being locked out its a trigger for u to direct your mass forces on new target mostly

you guys must have some quad team if not can i be the 1st to join the volunteer quad squad? haha :) s"quad" totaly has the word quad in it too!! cally me squaddie :)
So our guns are now painted on? The profession we have been skilling and training in space over these years , mothership gunners should just quit now? Got it.

The time and money that has been invested in motherships have reduced us to nothing more than a glorified launch pad. Awesome, I will try and be happy about that...

Honestly it's incredibly infuriating the rhetoric of " just go fly a quad". I think ill need to take some time out before I get too upset about this. Glad privateers can enjoy it, my heart goes out to the quads when they lose the motherships there, I hope the fix is fast.

There is no point in motherships being there. So they wont go. Means the quad fighters there at the moment have no where to spawn on. Makes the event very soon privateer only.

The point of being there whith a MS is the same as whith every other chips.
Whith the great advantage of having a revival on the spot and a place to repair Quads.
Again it's the main purpose of a Mothership to carry small vehicles that can take-off from. (it's in the name)

You really think Privateer have an advantage over MS ?
Well.. I thought this place is PvP.. ;)

The most annoying thing is that mindark puts mothership owners in the position to defend the value and promise of motherships against the rest of the community while mindark hasnt delivered the rest of the ship features for 8 years and not even commented if they still stand by their promise - that puts especially mothership owners in the wierd spot that many players think we would want something to enrich ourselfs and which we are not 'entitelt' too - and yet mothership owners would at most use less then 10% of our ships power for ourselfs many others would benefit.

Motherships were named motherships but sold as the 'titans' of space - thats why i named my soc this way - the devs who made the motherships had been playing eve online - the titan class in eve online is a super capital ship that dominates whole systems the largest thing by far in eve while their motherships are normal capital ships - mindark clearly sold entropia motherships as Titans in their salespitch forum thread on jun 8th 2011.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/space-is-imminent.185221/#post-2732959
Motherships, unlimited and the Titans of Space, are large spaceships with awesome firepower and transportation capabilities. You will be able to configure your ship for basic usage or adjust it into one of the most fearsome and dominating space crafts you can find today. Rule space with your ship and a crew of gunners and engineers: attack and defend, repair the ship and manage the Structural Integrity for maximum defence! Bring large groups of friends and other passengers on the ship for voyages deep into space or between planets. Let your allies find a somewhat safer harbour in space by landing a smaller space craft inside the Mothership hangar while moving.

The whole layout with the large number of gun turrets as well as promise of shields and torpedos was a clear statement that entropia motherships were not just motherships they were meant to be battleships with hangars - Titans - the largest most powerfull spaceship one could posess within entropia universe with future development to fill in the 'inbetween' shipclasses.

Obviously Mindark has then went quiet on space / space development and ship balancing for many years - but this recent wave event and the upcomming balancing discussion needs to consider if the goal of balancing is to make everyone shoot 'opalo' or if mindark has a clear view on where ships and weapons are on the space powerscale and if they want to stand by that or just wait till the remaining mothership owners who still dare to 'defend' their investment publicly give up and move on.
I really hope that mindark is not just gonna wait for the majority who doesnt own a mothership to settle down on what entropia motherships ought to be but actually follows through on their sales promise in which myself and many others put our trust so many years ago.

I would have to agree with john that yes even tho traditional MS are mainly hangers it was advertised as more PLUS since release MS have always been more offensive compared to privateer which imo is much more defensive. they need a couple guns at least MA :)

Who can resist against a ship that can spit out a squad of 25 Quads or more ? o_O
It's tremendous firepower !

To me Privateer are made for teams.
MS for armies. :)

Who can resist against a ship that can spit out a squad of 25 Quads or more ? o_O
It's tremendous firepower !

To me Privateer are made for teams.
MS for armies. :)
Then tell me who funds the army in a shared loot encounter ? Last time i checked shared loot means everyone is in for themselfs in regards to returns, you cant even see what others are looting - there is no teamloot in shared. There is no loot split (as in team splits rare drops fairly and manually through leader/members/etc because everyone in team can see what drops) in shared among strangers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geo
I think as others have stated the original sales pitch suggests that the mothership is the top tier class. Which come to think of it, they do have huge torpedo's which could play into a more offensive attack role. maybe that could be the new pilot weapon :D

Then tell me who funds the army in a shared loot encounter ? Last time i checked shared loot means everyone is in for themselfs in regards to returns, you cant even see what others are looting - there is no teamloot in shared. There is no loot split (as in team splits rare drops fairly and manually through leader/members/etc because everyone in team can see what drops) in shared among strangers.

Sharing is done in the same way as in a team.

How is this different for a privateer ?

Who pilots, who shoots and who repairs, is team managment, and it's up to you to arrange it.
I don't have to do it cause I don't have a MS nor a Privateer.

You can't see loot in chat ?
And how would it change about that if you could shoot the boss with the MS ?

It's shared loot, so indeed even if in a team you can't see what others loot.
How a gun to shoot the boss would help you whith that ?
Would the loot be split differently amoung your team ?
I don't think so.

Are you asking a gun for boss, or to make it non-shared ?
or both ?

Actually I don't care so much about all that, but I just don't get what you ask.
I mean Only MS/Privateer owners can do this wave.

People who only own a Quad need your authorization.
They need that a MS owner allow them to land to be able to do it.

So what you want more ? Non shared, big gun to shoot the boss, then Total monopoly on the wave ?
Is the real problem that not only MS owners can do the wave, but Privateer can too ?
Don't you have a privateer ? If it's so much easier whith it, why not do it ?

Last edited:
Privateers were given guns with 3 different damage types with the update.
The boss has a burn damage sheild that does not allow Mothership guns to damage the boss, while Privateers can bypass the shield with the different damage types, allowing them to damage the boss from start to finish.
If Motherships are restricted from shooting the boss, then what is the point?
If we just bring privateers to the event, then quads won’t be able to do the event either.
As it stands now, the other Mothership owners don’t want to do the event if they can’t damage the boss and get a fair share of the boss loot.
Currently, the only reason the majority of the Quads out there are able to do the event is because I have stationed Victory out there and am allowing all of them access to MS if requested.
But if MA does not give motherships the ability to have a fair chance at the boss, then I will just park Victory at Caly SS and use my Privateer to do the event with soc members.

Last edited:
The boss has a burn damage sheild that does not allow Mothership guns to damage the boss. While Privateers can bypass the shield with the different damage types, allow them to damage the boss from start to finish.
If Motherships are restricted from shooting the boss then what is the point.
if we just bring privateers to the event then quads won’t be able to do the event either.

I know that, but MA did it on purpose.
Cause MS can drop Quads, Privateer can't.
Quads can damage the boss.
So basically, MS owner already can damage the boss. (with Quads)

How unfair it would have been that Privateer owners can't participate in this event ?

MS are stronger than Privateer.
But they have different weapon for this wave, it's Quads.
I think some people want to be able to do it whith a very very small team.
That's not what the wave I've been made for.

That's right if you don't allow Quad to land on your MS, there no Quad anymore that'll be able to do it.
But if you can shoot the boss whith MS, will you need Quads anyway ?

To me it's all done to keep a kind of "fairness" in there.
Since John seems very concerned about the equity in loot sharing, it seems better that way to me.. :giggle:

Then they should just nerf all ubers, at all shared boss wave events too while we're at it and make it so rookies using bukins or rubios have to help them so they can be allowed to damage the boss again, while giving the other hunters there a dps boost. I mean, if we are talking that kind of fairness.

Mothership owners aren't going to participate in an unfair event and neither will quads as a result.
I will just dock Victory and settle for using my Privateer for the event. All good.

Trading MS for Privateers @Boxes

Last edited:
Then they should just nerf all ubers, at all shared boss wave events too while we're at it and make it so rookies using bukins or rubios have to help them so they can be allowed to damage the boss again, while giving the other hunters there a dps boost. I mean, if we are talking that kind of fairness.

Mothership owners aren't going to participate in an unfair event and neither will quads as a result.
I will just dock Victory and settle for using my Privateer for the event. All good.

Trading MS for Privateers @Boxes

I don't get what difference does it make to use your Privateer with a team (which you will need), or to use your MS+Quads (also with a team) ?

Your MS belongs to you, no one said you had to accept everyone on board .

I let people use the hangar because I want to give everyone the ability and opportunity to participate and have that experience.

A privateer gunner will do more damage to the boss than a mothership gunner or a quad, against the boss.
And a quad will do more damage against the boss than a mothership gunner.

If you don't understand how at this point then it is pointless.

Last edited:
the part that gets me is all this talk about unfair loot.. you get your share of whatever dmg you do or cost whatever... wether u have to stop shooting for a sec because of a shield or just to pick your nose you get your share.. if your in ground its same deal on SK.. if using the terminator u get your share.. if using opalo u also get your share..
Its seems all very close to me.. maybe in maximum effort situations one or the other might have small advantage dps wise in a perfect world but with ads mobs bombs repairs etc its hardly repeatable everytime. U even get smashed around and bumped so u cant even see boss by MS and other ships moving aound.

I agree a gun or two would be kewl for small man MS operations but the balance seems very close alrdy imo

When it comes it getting your fair share of good loot and any potential items or high MU loot from the boss or an ATH it does matter.
Instead, mothership pilots are forced to position themselves and gunners, to clean up mobs, loot and damage the boss when shield is temporarily down.
Let’s be honest, we are all there to kill the boss.

Hmmm interesting... I had not bothered to read this whole thread yet but this is quite fascinating.

As Cirrus stated already, the way MA designed this encounter gives Motherships all the leverage, they just haven't learned how to use it yet it seems.

MindArk can make all the plans and projections they want to but the reality is they can't predict exactly how things will actually pan out once released. I'd say they wanted to make sure that Motherships had the leverage on this encounter, but they wanted to avoid loads of players complaining that the Motherships were taking all the loot because they were way too powerful. So this is what they came up with. It's very interesting.

So there's 4 spawns of Repair Drones. If you had 2 gunners on each one, how fast would you be able to kill them off? What if you had 3 gunners on each one? Or 4 even? I heard you have like 18 Gunner seats on these Motherships, you could have 4-5 Gunners on each repair drone, how long would it take to kill them off?

Organization, coordination, teamwork... That is what you need. I bet you could kill those repair drones so fast you could probably deal the most damage on the Boss still. Pretty sure all MA wanted to do is make sure that Quads didn't feel completely left out of this. I mean imagine if they hadn't done it this way, imagine you had 2 or 3 Motherships there and the whole bit about the Repair Drones and the Burn damage shields didn't exist, how much damage would the Quads be able to get in on the Boss if it had 20-30 Gunners shooting at it? If I was in a Quad, seeing this, I'd be completely discouraged and I'd say this is an encounter designed for Motherships only... I'd probably only do it once or twice and leave, maybe come here and complain about it.

Motherships still have all the leverage though, they just have to learn how to use it. Case in point:

The boss has a burn damage sheild that does not allow Mothership guns to damage the boss, while Privateers can bypass the shield with the different damage types, allowing them to damage the boss from start to finish.
If Motherships are restricted from shooting the boss, then what is the point?
If we just bring privateers to the event, then quads won’t be able to do the event either.
As it stands now, the other Mothership owners don’t want to do the event if they can’t damage the boss and get a fair share of the boss loot.
Currently, the only reason the majority of the Quads out there are able to do the event is because I have stationed Victory out there and am allowing all of them access to MS if requested.
But if MA does not give motherships the ability to have a fair chance at the boss, then I will just park Victory at Caly SS and use my Privateer to do the event with soc members.

So do it!! Leave your MS at Caly SS!! Let's see what happens then!

Good!! Leave!! Don't bring your Mothership there!!

--
And some will say what will happen is it will become a Privateer encounter. Ok fine, that's possible, but I don't think that's what MA intends so they will probably scramble to address it then.

I would offer a couple solutions to this:

A) Make the Repair Drone spawn dynamic, i.e. if there's only 1 Mothership on-grid, then only spawn 2 Repair Drones instead of 4, and only spawn them twice instead of 4 times.

And/or

B) Create a new type of Repair Drone which gives the boss shields against Electric damage. Make the Repair Drones alternate, i.e. 1 spawn of 4x Burn damage Repair Drones, then 1 spawn of 2x Electric damage Repair Drones and so on, let the players police themselves (i.e. if you don't help with killing the drones that prevent us from shooting the boss then we won't help you kill the drones that prevent you from shooting the boss either).

And/or

C) Motherships should also give buffs to anyone on their guest list when they are out in space fighting, that would give Motherships even more leverage (more control).

And/or

D) Let's have more spawns of this encounter so that if someone doesn't like the way this encounter is being run by the Motherships there they can go to a different one. EVE Online has dozens of Incursions running at the same time so I don't really understand why there has to be only 1 spawn for this.

I think C) and D) are a must no matter what. A) or B) may prove necessary at some point but I think more time is needed to see how this evolves, I think it's likely a balance will be found one way or another eventually.

Legends

Last edited:
So there's 4 spawns of Repair Drones. If you had 2 gunners on each one, how fast would you be able to kill them off? What if you had 3 gunners on each one? Or 4 even? I heard you have like 18 Gunner seats on these Motherships, you could have 4-5 Gunners on each repair drone, how long would it take to kill them off?

Organization, coordination, teamwork... That is what you need. I bet you could kill those repair drones so fast you could probably deal the most damage on the Boss still. Pretty sure all MA wanted to do is make sure that Quads didn't feel completely left out of this. I mean imagine if they hadn't done it this way, imagine you had 2 or 3 Motherships there and the whole bit about the Repair Drones and the Burn damage shields didn't exist, how much damage would the Quads be able to get in on the Boss if it had 20-30 Gunners shooting at it? If I was in a Quad, seeing this, I'd be completely discouraged and I'd say this is an encounter designed for Motherships only... I'd probably only do it once or twice and leave, maybe come here and complain about it.
Saying that motherships would own the encounter if 3 were there is like saying quads would own the encounter if 50 of them were there - and you can be sure that dropships wouldnt have time to damage any quad if you have 50 of them equipped with kismet v3 shooting at them and boss would die super fast too. 50 is the number of people you would need to man 3 motherships to full offensive potential (with armament device 4 i suspect) - lets not forget its a shared encounter every player is their own unit in regards to loot received.
Again people are trying to balance ships in firepower in a shared loot event, its like going to sandking and saying anyone with armor or health above 100 will be blocked with a shield till those with no armor and less health then 100 have done a certain amount of damage - you really think players would appreciate the 'fairness' ? Lets not forget that in the case of motherships its one player who sponsors the armor and health for everyone else onboard.
I dont see opalo hunters complain that sandking gives more opportunity to those players who have skilled up/geared up.
In any game were you want people to aim to advance you make sure that the content support that, you dont 'balance' content to encourage staying lowlvl/lowgear (i know i know im saying this as mayhem is upcomming where tons of players aim to not grow in lvl ;p )

Facts:
Motherships have 19 gun turrets, but can only use 11 of them simultaneously if they have an armament device 3 installed (less with smaller armament devices) - so not all motherships are the same in regards to how many gunners can shoot.
Looting range in space makes it very difficult to use all gun turrets as the pilot constantly has to fly the ship somewhere to loot unless you employ quads as looters for repairdrones, which they usually wont do if they are busy shooting the boss.
If the ship has to fly around the boss to loot drones it faces away from the boss making it even harder to shoot him (an experienced pilot can find middle ground to shoot some / loot some).
The encounter gives the largest opportunity of good boss loot to those with the least investment in gear - while adding more cost to those with big investment in gear by making them the prefered targets of the boss to receive dmg.

Saying that motherships would own the encounter if 3 were there is like saying quads would own the encounter if 50 of them were there - and you can be sure that dropships wouldnt have time to damage any quad if you have 50 of them equipped with kismet v3 shooting at them and boss would die super fast too. 50 is the number of people you would need to man 3 motherships to full offensive potential (with armament device 4 i suspect) - lets not forget its a shared encounter every player is their own unit in regards to loot received.
Again people are trying to balance ships in firepower in a shared loot event, its like going to sandking and saying anyone with armor or health above 100 will be blocked with a shield till those with no armor and less health then 100 have done a certain amount of damage - you really think players would appreciate the 'fairness' ? Lets not forget that in the case of motherships its one player who sponsors the armor and health for everyone else onboard.
I dont see opalo hunters complain that sandking gives more opportunity to those players who have skilled up/geared up.
In any game were you want people to aim to advance you make sure that the content support that, you dont 'balance' content to encourage staying lowlvl/lowgear (i know i know im saying this as mayhem is upcomming where tons of players aim to not grow in lvl ;p )

Facts:
Motherships have 19 gun turrets, but can only use 11 of them simultaneously if they have an armament device 3 installed (less with smaller armament devices) - so not all motherships are the same in regards to how many gunners can shoot.
Looting range in space makes it very difficult to use all gun turrets as the pilot constantly has to fly the ship somewhere to loot unless you employ quads as looters for repairdrones, which they usually wont do if they are busy shooting the boss.
If the ship has to fly around the boss to loot drones it faces away from the boss making it even harder to shoot him (an experienced pilot can find middle ground to shoot some / loot some).
The encounter gives the largest opportunity of good boss loot to those with the least investment in gear - while adding more cost to those with big investment in gear by making them the prefered targets of the boss to receive dmg.

Yeah but you control the whole battlefield with your guest list John. No one controls the Sand King battlegrounds.

You just have to figure out how you can leverage that.

Maybe the idea was for motherships to earn through being hired as a base rather than having a central battle role themselves. Somehow I like to think they have taken inspiration from this proposal when the event was designed.

Yeah but you control the whole battlefield with your guest list John. No one controls the Sand King battlegrounds.

You just have to learn how you can leverage that.
Just because someone in supremacy+ gear can 'control' orthos oil rig doesnt mean there is any point for him to be there if the potential reward goes to others.
Again this is a shared encounter, there is zero reason why quad hunters would pay for the hangar service, if they did someone who doesnt use their ms for transport flights will just park theirs in the area to offer it cheaper and you dont need SI for being a hangar.
There would be an incentive to value free armor and non decaying guns if those would be allowed to be used instead of being 'shielded'.(and no killing all repairdrones doesnt remove the shield, the shiled is independant from repairdrones.)

Remember shared encounter, regardless how many gun turrets a mothership has - the owner can only use 1 if he has someone else piloting - so you need atleast 2 people having less firepower then a 1 person combat unit being a quad (against boss in this encounter).

Just because someone in supremacy+ gear can 'control' orthos oil rig doesnt mean there is any point for him to be there if the potential reward goes to others.
Again this is a shared encounter, there is zero reason why quad hunters would pay for the hangar service, if they did someone who doesnt use their ms for transport flights will just park theirs in the area to offer it cheaper and you dont need SI for being a hangar.

Ok so there's a few things MA could do then to make this more interesting for MS owners:

1) move the spawn further away from revive so that if/when your Quad is destroyed, you are pretty much done for that boss if you aren't on a nearby MS guest-list.

2) Being on a MS guest-list gives you buffs which are very helpful for fighting the mobs in the wave.

3) While still being in non-lootable PvP, add shrapnel to loot for killing other players (or is that already the case?)

--
If MindArk made these changes then I think Motherships would have much more control.

The analogy with Sand King is more like say an uber offers to revive you if/when you die so you don't have to run back from the nearest revive terminal every time, that would be worth something. Of course not everyone is gonna want to pay for that and that's fine. If you die while the boss is up, you revive 12 AUs away, you won't make it back before the boss is dead. In fact it's going to take so long that it just becomes totally impractical. So I'd want to be on someone's guest list or just sit in a gunner seat to avoid all this travelling back and forth.

Then on top of that, being on the guest-list gives you buffs too, so even more interesting.

If Quads come to leech who are not on your guest-list and don't want to play by the rules your Gunners can just shoot them.

And there needs to be more than just 1 spawn for this, to spread out Motherships a bit so they have a chance to run it however they like. If a group of people are already running things in a certain way at one spawn, there's somewhere else to go, another spawn..

Ok so there's a few things MA could do then to make this more interesting for MS owners:

1) move the spawn further away from revive so that if/when your Quad is destroyed, you are pretty much done for that boss if you aren't on a nearby MS guest-list.

2) Being on a MS guest-list gives you buffs which are very helpful for fighting the mobs in the wave.

3) While still being in non-lootable PvP, add shrapnel to loot for killing other players (or is that already the case?)

--
If MindArk made these changes then I think Motherships would have much more control.

The analogy with Sand King is more like say an uber offers to revive you if/when you die so you don't have to run back from the nearest revive terminal every time, that would be worth something. Of course not everyone is gonna want to pay for that and that's fine. If you die while the boss is up, you revive 12 AUs away, you won't make it back before the boss is dead. In fact it's going to take so long that it just becomes totally impractical. So I'd want to be on someone's guest list or just sit in a gunner seat to avoid all this travelling back and forth.

Then on top of that, being on the guest-list gives you buffs too, so even more interesting.

If Quads come to leech who are not on your guest-list and don't want to play by the rules your Gunners can just shoot them.
Your 3 suggestions still dont take into account that upgrading mothership si has zero benefits if your not 'allowed' to use it offensively, you cant shoot other players since mindark disabled pvp to gives quads a chance (hence we get to hunt alongside with all the people we 'learned' to 'like' in years of pvp and cant shoot them and we didnt buy a 'Titan of Space' (thats what motherships were described as in mindarks 2011 salespitch) to become the new 'space stable' that has no other function. If you check the previous posts in this thread, there were already a numnber of working solutions presented and the easiest is usually the best - just let us shoot the boss and if you 'must' have the shield block some of the dmg not all of it or allow us to adjust turret dmg types(this could change turret dps as well).

In regards to the sandking comparison, no it actually is not like a uber reviving others while doing top dmg, its more like a uber getting blocked till he has revived every single opalo hunter on the field - meanwhile the opalo hunters killed the sandking.

And there needs to be more than just 1 spawn for this, to spread out Motherships a bit so they have a chance to run it however they like. If a group of people are already running things in a certain way at one spawn, there's somewhere else to go, another spawn..
Yes we need more encounters and some need to be in pvp , some in lootable pvp - there needs to be a reason to upgrade ships and to invest - not just for motherships but any upgradeable ship.
Maybe even have a hunting loot storage on motherships/privateers that quad hunters could 'opt in' to store their loot while hunting in lootable (as long as they remain in close proximity and on same server) - so if they get killed the loot would still be in a 'safer' spot - this would at the same time give a big incentive to invest into security on big ships(cant just log out if the loot is on the ship). Keep in mind noone is 'forced' to hunt in lootable but mindark could create incentives to encourage it.

Last edited:
Your 3 suggestions still dont take into account that upgrading mothership si has zero benefits if your not 'allowed' to use it offensively, you cant shoot other players since mindark disabled pvp to gives quads a chance (hence we get to hunt alongside with all the people we 'learned' to 'like' in years of pvp and cant shoot them and we didnt buy a 'Titan of Space' (thats what motherships were described as in mindarks 2011 salespitch) to become the new 'space stable' that has no other function. If you check the previous posts in this thread, there were already a numnber of working solutions presented and the easiest is usually the best - just let us shoot the boss and if you 'must' have the shield block some of the dmg not all of it or allow us to adjust turret dmg types(this could change turret dps as well).

In regards to the sandking comparison, no it actually is not like a uber reviving others while doing top dmg, its more like a uber getting blocked till he has revived every single opalo hunter on the field - meanwhile the opalo hunters killed the sandking.
I wonder what stable owners will have to say, should MA address “your” issue to your benefit...
That and other investors in other misguided fields of the game like compets and land plots and etc...

Not even gonna mention other suggestions you made out here to further value your estate, should MA open their hand to any of them, others will also want it done to their field of investment. Just saying it won’t be ethical if then to do so

Back