Question: Hyperinflated USD might actually be happening now. Is there a contingency plan?

I notice hyperinflation being talked about more often. The other thing I notice is CBDC talk. Central bank digital currencies is the thing. The QFS thing may or may not be rumor but I assure you that the "great reset" is not a rumor. NESARA GESARA as far as I can tell is BS also, but in Canada theres rumors about debt jubilee with "stipulations". This Halloween is the EVE of Eves. I tell everyone I know to get rid of your debt AND get rid of your cash. I have a feeling, if the "great reset" is all about 1984 society, off grid tradables will be the bombe!! This is my main concern with this game right - the PED is tied to the USD. USD is slated to hyperinflate, just like all the other fiat currencies in the world, in order to bring about the public outcry, which already has a solution waiting in the wings. Theres alot riding on this election and I think it has everything to do with the economy, how we do business, how we value property, all around the world.

how do you feel about it now? i have been watching for the signs and it is here imo.
i think someone said the fed printed more cash than was already in circulation by four times this year!!
if that isn't hyperinflation signal i don't know what is.
maybe bitcoin reaching 23k usd is? funny how silver and gold seem stagnant. and the stock market is posturing for a major jump?
berkshire hathaway sold almost all of it's jpmorgan holdings and they are really tied into physical silver.
washout doges!!

We are in more or less same situation as pre great depression, with the added wonder of non backed FIAT currency (pre 1971 currencies were pegged to gold).

Interest rates are zero meaning one of the main tools central banks use is unavailable unless going into -ve interest rates which BOE and world banks are considering.

We are near the end of the final stage of the currency cycle at which point in past a new world trade currency comes to the fore, happened to Dutch Guilder, British Pound, and now the USD. Options are already being put forward, baskets of currencies as a trade vehicle currency, China has a digital trade token, also US with digital USD.

Stock markets are not a good indication of economic health, no matter how much our governments claim this. Stocks tend to lag economic signs by 6 months or more. For example The US markets are high currently mainly due to the FED printing like maniacs and buying up assets to maintain confidence (which incidently happened pre great depression crash). Stock markets crash not due to intitial conditions, but more 1 or 2 events that create a big loss of confidence and a run on stocks as people try desperately to free up cash and try to move to more recession/depression proof stocks (I already listed what areas did well during 1929 crash and have been shifting positions over last few months).

Ray Dalio is worth a listen

Basic overview on how world currency markets work. A bit weighted to gold/silver as a presentation, but not only ways to hedge against currency. Personally am not a fan/big believer in Crypto although have made cash on them, more have gone with research i done into 1929 winners in stocks but thats something people can research within a couple days.

Interesting docu on great depression in 1929, watched few months ago and quite interesting.

Ray Dalio and some others believe stock market correction will come next year some point, a couple actually give a month (April) but tbh nobody is totally sure as if/when happens will be 1 or 2 events happening that trigger. All about confidence, pressure and resistance in markets.

As for how EU will be affected thats for people to decide themselves, however i would also consider that beyond the big money markets etc the job losses world over from the pandemic will be crazy - hospitality, tourism/travel/high street retail.

Last edited:
Yeah - thanks for all those links.

What I wanna see is MA take this seriously and UNPEG the PED from the USD.

At least consider it!

Yeah - thanks for all those links.

What I wanna see is MA take this seriously and UNPEG the PED from the USD.

At least consider it!
And then what? Peg to another Fiat instead? Will the Euro or the Swedish Krona be better off when that happens? The corruption of the currency base for political gains is out of control everywhere. When the financial system collapses, we'll all have very different problems than the survival of a game. That's what you should make contingency plans for, all the more as we can see it coming.

Perhaps some are not aware that every FIAT currency in history has failed, the beauty of the gold standard was that there were limits to quantitive easing measures that could be done. No surprise as monetary policy and effects are not really taught generally and has to be researched.

We are at a point currently where if for example you don't physically own the gold, that there are 3-4 claims on every piece of gold. They have effectively leveraged gold through bullion dealers with gold on loan from central banks :coffee::coffee:. Result is that if every owner of gold demanded their gold in physical form, that there is simply not enough gold in existence currently to honour those demands. Central banks have for some time listed gold held and gold on loan to bullion dealers as 1 line entry in accounts (which in normal accounting would be considered a no no).

We are currently in a situation where many of the signs pre 1929 are here, almost 0% interest rates for example meaning central banks can only print money to keep things going or -ve interest rates which lets face it hasn't gone to well for Japan. The hard truth is that when you reach 0% interest rates any government is limited to money printing, or creating a surplus to reverse trends. Since dropping the gold stansard in 1971, US have not had a surplus and continued along this magic money creation that is FIAT currency (same for most of bigger western economies).

I don't think that there will be hyper-inflation in main economies for some time but inflation will rise due to money supply (cash held will lose buying power). Historically assets have increased in value during economic periods such as we are in atm.. at least to a point and as long as companies invested in don't collapse/fail. For example if you bought stocks the day before the 1929 crash, today you would still beat inflation as a long term investment, but thats why smart people step into markets over time and cost average :).

As for MA pegging to USD, what else is there? All maincurrencies are FIAT, many economies hold large amounts of USD and US bonds, so a dollar collapse would affect many main currencies also. Bitcoin/Crypto I hear people cry, sure that is an option but are so volotile in comarison to traditional currencies (Also what happens when Digi USD, chinese crypto trade currency etc launch? ) .

I think USD is best they can use atm, after all is currently the world trade currency.

Last edited:
I am learning that it won't be just the USD. If gold is better to hold than cash, then how would holding anything in game and patiently waiting for the SHTF to blow over be good on any level?

Gold is only 106% mu. Fool's Gold is where it's at :ROFLMAO:
index.php

Countdown to full on hyperinflation. halftime show at noon Feb 11th.

As a sidenote the guys are collecting vast amounts of brown paint for the new amazon HQ. paying good MU%!

1.9 trillion for everyone!! yay. are you buying peds, silver or cryptocurrencies?

yep, should probably peg a currency that in the last 30 days has been between $8,800 and $10,200.. seems stable enough... jeeeeezus...

no. no. no.

:ROFLMAO:

what's more realistic - hyper inflation or big money guys messing with BTC price?

9 months since OP and there is no hyper-inflation so give it a rest. and don't tell me - ohh but 1.9 trillion that's gonna cause it and when it doesn't you come up with more reasons why it will happen soon. Ii wont.

the USA is not Venezuela we have more than oil. they had 6,500% inflation or some insane amount like that. USA is what 5-7 8% (real inflation not BS gov't stats) even if it goes to 15%-20% that is not hyper inflation. In the 1970's or early 80's US had high inflation 20%+. Yea it was probably pretty bad but the $ and country survived. That was the highest rates in the last 50+ years.

I just watched a show (well most it was already on when i tuned in) on crypto and the only thing that i cannot figure out is what happens to BTC when you no longer get rewarded BTC for supporting the blockchain by mining for BTC? They suspiciously failed to ask that obvious question. Are people gonna run a mining rig because they have 1000's of dollars to waste on electricity every month?

Creating a store of value by creating a system that requires tons of $ to run the system is a circular reference in my book. IF you made $ on it gratz gambling can be rewarding.

I bet b4 you see hyper inflation you see BTC crash out again. from what price to what price - who knows - but some one is gonna take profit and crash it i bet.

You think all the little small time BTC owners and drug dealers hiding $ in BTC can out spend the .001%-ers that own 90% of the global wealth - yea right.

Such emotional, heavy baggage for a non-believer.

I wish I knew all about BTC and USD and what's gonna happen. So rich!!

Last edited:
...and the only thing that i cannot figure out is what happens to BTC when you no longer get rewarded BTC for supporting the blockchain by mining for BTC?

whoever mines the block also receives all transaction fees, not only the block reward. ?

" I just watched a show (well most it was already on when i tuned in) on crypto and the only thing that i cannot figure out is what happens to BTC when you no longer get rewarded BTC for supporting the blockchain by mining for BTC? "

That happens around 2070. I wish I will still be alive to witness it. Bitcoin is not meant to be a currency, it is too slow for that. It's currently the digital gold.
a good currency would be Nano, no fees and lightning fast.

" I just watched a show (well most it was already on when i tuned in) on crypto and the only thing that i cannot figure out is what happens to BTC when you no longer get rewarded BTC for supporting the blockchain by mining for BTC? "

That happens around 2070. I wish I will still be alive to witness it. Bitcoin is not meant to be a currency, it is too slow for that. It's currently the digital gold.
a good currency would be Nano, no fees and lightning fast.
Its actually not until 2142 i believe, so thats of no concern to anyone on this forum lol.

Agreed bitcoin is the digital gold at this time.. bitcoin could someday be used as currency but that isnt realistic until (if) it crosses millions of dollars, then volatility would subside as its price swings wouldnt affect $20 of btc so much.. but thats a long ways off and probably not the best use case as the supply is pretty limited.

As spawn said, coins such as nano, stellar, neo and even litecoin offer much better use case for actual sending/spending since there are really low (or no) transaction costs.

There is so much more going on in the crypto space than the general public realises.
De-fi and NFT in particular are actual use cases being built on crypto and there are hundreds of millions of dollars locked up in these projects already...

This isnt 2017 again....

De-fi and NFT in particular are actual use cases being built on crypto and there are hundreds of millions of dollars locked up in these projects already...

the sad thing is, that MA is totally clueless about these, while having a hard time investigating issues with their payment providers...

There is so much more going on in the crypto space than the general public realises.

This isnt 2017 again....

Yes, it's the way forward. Peg ped to crypto, mint NFTs from existing gear, Fungibles from stackable items and let that be the way forward. They'll lose AH fees, but can make a great out-of-game trading site instead to cover that. It would also attract a HUGE audience. The game could be massive.

some good responses - thanks!

too bad OP had a zero value response.

Still no answer to what actually happens when all BTCs are mined and no one mines anymore? Transaction fees going to be the only reward? how much are you willing to pay in transaction fees?

What happens when states say "we are going to charge sales tax on any crypto transactions? now you are paying Crypto fees and sales taxes?

I also wonder how many people are going to say " crap i used to make some cash money on the side nice and tax free, now i pay tax on all of it because crypto wasn't hidden or anonymous at all"

Getting rid of cash benefits only the rich and governments - maybe its them who created Crypto to sell it to the masses as a way to free yourself from the government but then they take control and now you have less freedom?? Maybe? not possible? how do you really know :) "hears X-files theme song in his head" :)

There are 8500+ cryptocurrencies and digital assets. BTC was the first not the only crypto and may or may not have been created by the global elite money masters to further enslave us. All of these digital assets are moving to solve one problem or other. Ethereum's biggest problem is high transaction fees that are controlled by miners to which the founders (that haven't broken away to create their own blockchain solutions) have created ETH 2.0 to solve. BTC is the biggest bull in the chinashop of the world economy and the powers that be are using every trick in their antiquated book to try to tame it.

You want value? Here it is. I don't like, trust or use Bitcoin. I'm gambling on XRP, which I also don't like or trust. But I do like LTC, trust and use it. I like DOGE and use it but don't trust it. I like THETA and use it and trust it. I like BCH will maybe use it and still judging it. I like XMR but still learning about it. I like ETH and use it, begrudgingly, and trust it. I like DENT, VET and HOT. Gambling on CRO and XML and ADA. If I was rich, like soros, I would short the USD not only because I don't like or trust it but because I use it and I know it's losing value faster and faster everyday.

Your question about the miners was answered, mostly. Transaction fees. I also have that question about BTC's mining no more block rewards. This is the problem with the current paradigm altogether with BTC and people calling it the new gold 2.0, store of value and not a currency, now. If it's not a currency then where is the transaction fees and if there's no tx fees then where's the miner incentive and if there's no miners then where is the network. BTC may be the biggest bulltrap in the history of money. So, there you have it. I agree with you about Bitcoin. But, this post is not just about BTC. It's about USD and PED and solving that problem.

Cashless society, green new deal, great reset, there's an agenda. Removing the USD from it's status as world reserve currency is the current step. CURRENT STEP in that plan. It's OK though because marijuana is soon to be legal everywhere :)

There are 8500+ cryptocurrencies and digital assets. BTC was the first not the only crypto and may or may not have been created by the global elite money masters to further enslave us. All of these digital assets are moving to solve one problem or other. Ethereum's biggest problem is high transaction fees that are controlled by miners to which the founders (that haven't broken away to create their own blockchain solutions) have created ETH 2.0 to solve. BTC is the biggest bull in the chinashop of the world economy and the powers that be are using every trick in their antiquated book to try to tame it.

You want value? Here it is. I don't like, trust or use Bitcoin. I'm gambling on XRP, which I also don't like or trust. But I do like LTC, trust and use it. I like DOGE and use it but don't trust it. I like THETA and use it and trust it. I like BCH will maybe use it and still judging it. I like XMR but still learning about it. I like ETH and use it, begrudgingly, and trust it. I like DENT, VET and HOT. Gambling on CRO and XML and ADA. If I was rich, like soros, I would short the USD not only because I don't like or trust it but because I use it and I know it's losing value faster and faster everyday.

Your question about the miners was answered, mostly. Transaction fees. I also have that question about BTC's mining no more block rewards. This is the problem with the current paradigm altogether with BTC and people calling it the new gold 2.0, store of value and not a currency, now. If it's not a currency then where is the transaction fees and if there's no tx fees then where's the miner incentive and if there's no miners then where is the network. BTC may be the biggest bulltrap in the history of money. So, there you have it. I agree with you about Bitcoin. But, this post is not just about BTC. It's about USD and PED and solving that problem.

Cashless society, green new deal, great reset, there's an agenda. Removing the USD from it's status as world reserve currency is the current step. CURRENT STEP in that plan. It's OK though because marijuana is soon to be legal everywhere :)
better response but your OP mentioned Bitcoin with is what most people think when they say crypto

i agree there are other coins or whatever that have better usage but i cant comment so i'll take you word for it until i understand them better.

i guess i dont understand using crypto in fear of the $ losing value when crypto can get crushed overnight - the gambling part i get and wish you luck and fortune there.

as for the "digital gold" its just mind manipulation imo media does it al the time like in politics. With enough repetition and time people will believe the human race is actually a long lost tribe of Saturn? I mean look at the US and what we become so quickly, Depending on what media you consume left wing right wing ALT media etc.. your brainwashed into believing anything and you will kill your best friend if they disagree with you.

as for weed all i can say is it's taken too long already. i dont smoke but its a shame it was ever a schedule 1 drug.

As Aloisius stated, other coins will fare better with EU. Proof of stake type of coin, where we can stake our ingame assets for ingame token (let's call it PED), tradeable for the coin. I'd suggest WAX (WAXP on exchanges), but others may be useful as well.

I was just hanging out in Camp Icarus Sweating Punys and thought to myself "Self" It dont get much better than this man :)
Then I saw MrFatBoys Post while I was waiting for the patch to load...

Basically the only digital currency I own is invested in Entropia Universe.
IMO the best thing to own is property.
Here as well as in the real world I don't barely have enough room for all my stuff!
I need to buy some more pitbulls!

Good thing Is I won't need to store them in the real world!
I'm in enough trouble already!
Could you imagine me parking one of those on my Moms property? :cool:
Just one more car I promise ......

If it all falls apart I won't be so bummed I lost a ton of money...
Ill be bummed I can't play this incredible game anymore :handgun:
I'm thinking about George Harrison who put up a million dollars to make Monty Python's Life of Brian.
Someone asked him why he would spend so much money on something that could basically be a total loss.
His reply "I want to see the movie"
Rock On!!

The Battle between Inflation and Deflation

The Battle between Inflation and Deflation

good link!. While i know hyper inflation has almost no chance to happen in the US these guys helped me understand it even better.

The US economy is too big and too flexible with printing money to counter deflation then raising rates to slow inflation - so long as the Fed Reserve sticks to doing what it is supposed to do - hyper inflation should not ever happen.

I cant say i know exactly why Venezuela's inflation went to 6500% but i am pretty sure it is because when oil collapsed they had no other exports to rely on so the printed and printed and printed with no way to counter act the resulting inflation.

So people shouting "hyper inflation!!!" are, i hope, just wrong and throwing $ into crypto as a hedge i don't see that working if you hold it too long eventually deflation comes around to offset inflation so the value of crypto should also drop? maybe? I'm not sure i know how to figure that out as this economic stuff can get tricky but my gut says i am too late to gamble on it so wait and see.

As Aloisius stated, other coins will fare better with EU. Proof of stake type of coin, where we can stake our ingame assets for ingame token (let's call it PED), tradeable for the coin. I'd suggest WAX (WAXP on exchanges), but others may be useful as well.
Im going to second the wax chain (waxp) for NFT's. Topps has begun building NFT's on WAX, they have started with garbage pail kids with huge success.. only a matter of time before they bring out their big toys (mlb, marvel, disney).

Staking would be another matter tho unless its built into the NFT (which hasnt really happened in the industry yet).

Both staking and NFT have huge possibilities in Entropia imo...

Im going to second the wax chain (waxp) for NFT's. Topps has begun building NFT's on WAX, they have started with garbage pail kids with huge success.. only a matter of time before they bring out their big toys (mlb, marvel, disney).

Staking would be another matter tho unless its built into the NFT (which hasnt really happened in the industry yet).

Both staking and NFT have huge possibilities in Entropia imo...
Imagine ingame staking of items and resources which could yield ingame tokens (e.g. Daily tokens or equivalent), it'd boost activity for sure, and all the crap we all have in storage could become useful. I imagine it like the staking RPLanet is doing, where you can stake GPK and a plethora of other NFTs.

Back