Does the loot seem better the last few days ?

The loot seems way worse. It has been for me anyway.

Yes, I meant it in your way.

IIRC that randomness was the reason why keys for loot boxes can't be bought in every country as the algorithm behind them makes it gambling. And since the game as such wasn't affected (or at least it wasn't shut down and something was fixed) everything seems to be OK so, as a result of that, there is no such randomness in the game.

It is very true that there is no longer any randomness in EU.
Because it would be illegal.

On the other hand, a game that leaves the impression that it still exists, and which in fact leads everyone to lose 100% in the long run, knowing that the amount of money played is not limited, can be named a scam.

MA is surfing on judicial loopholes.

How much longer can it last ?

I know that some people are currently working to make this kind of "games" known to the legal gambling and scam authorities in some countries in Europe.

It is very true that there is no longer any randomness in EU.
Because it would be illegal.

On the other hand, a game that leaves the impression that it still exists, and which in fact leads everyone to lose 100% in the long run, knowing that the amount of money played is not limited, can be named a scam.

MA is surfing on judicial loopholes.

How much longer can it last ?

I know that some people are currently working to make this kind of "games" known to the legal gambling and scam authorities in some countries in Europe.

Which countries ?
Sweden is part of the EU and AFAIK gambling laws got pretty much harmonized in the Union (at least comparing the number of bet shops start of the 90s which where zero in Germany and since 2000 they are at every corner).
And if losing 100% in the long run would be considered "gambling", every MMO would be in that pot, because everyone of them is going to shut down the servers someday without paying back anything to the players.

Well, that's where you as a player come into the equation. If you deposit an equivalent to 10 USD, buy 100 PED ammo, pump it into the Sandking and get like 2 PED shrapnel in return (maybe an extreme example, but just to get the idea) then you and only you decided to hunt the Sandking, it's frustrating, nobody forced you to and MA never said that the return on every kill is directly linked to how much you invested into that one kill. Those formulas are a long-term commitment, e.g. to keep you playing and interested. Who knows, next you kill an Atrox Young and get an 80 PED global, maybe even with a nice item.

The term "Real Cash Economy" and the option to deposit your well-earned money come with a responsibility on both sides. MA clearly shouldn't mess up their stuff and you should play responsibly (MA and the EU-source get audited, you are an adult with hopefully no gambling issue). If that balance is there, there shouldn't be a misunderstanding as to how this game works. MA isn't a social service, it's a company oriented to make profit, that employs real people and has other common real costs (server infrastructure, offices, ...). So they can't make every player a millionaire. That's what I meant with the big picture of what EU is and how it works.

EU can be played without depositing after you have established a sort of base inventory and set of skills, let me make myself proof of that. Maybe what it takes is to rethink one's strategies, lower the goals (or extend the time to get there), play low generally, sweat some, make use of external partner sites (even though that can be boring at times), try to sell even the 101%-markup loot. It simply costs money to get things done quickly, being able to kill only the big stuff, own the best tools and equipment there are, play for several hours a day and several days a week, ... And that's all fine, IMHO. It's the same in RL: You want to drive from A to B? Well, it's up to you to choose: Ferrari? Volvo? Bicycle? Skateboard? Or just walking? Or: what does an average day in an amusement park cost you (and that money is gone for sure, no ways of compensation there)? My happiness doesn't come from the number of globals I get per day (rather: per year).

As long as you just play without using what there is besides hunting, crafting and mining, you will lose and you must deposit to keep going (similar to a subscription based game). And you will continue to lose. Just don't forget that it's your decision to do so. MA never stated that you can play however you want and you will always be fully compensated.

So any decision you make as to how you play the game and on which end of the noob-uber-scale you want to place yourself, it's all fine!

And I don't know why/where there should be legal loopholes. As WoenK said, MA is just another company providing an MMO.

Please note that I was talking overall and without specifics like loot tables, loot balancing, "efficiency" in its various meanings, UI usability, MA's ways of communication, <your favourite topic here>, ...

PS: I don't know how this post can be read. In any case: I didn't intend to rant in any direction.

Back