Suggestion: Prioritize fixing Cyrene - I'm done!

Society
Shaolin
Goose Mad Hunter
Dear MindArk

Rather than giving a vague statement, after 2 months. How about ensuring your loyal player base that their financial investment will not vanish based on your false promises and mistakes.
ie. That your "new items" will hold the same market value as the armor you coaxed us to deposit & grind with.
Do a rough calculation to see what each mission stage was worth at market value. Then design item stats based around approximate current market values.

In any other situation i would just assume this would be the case, have patience and wait to see the situation rectified with optimism.
But dealing with MindArk is definitely a unique case. No confidence or faith in this company.

If MindArk ensured the "new rewards" held the same, or very close, market value to the armor...
I would hold my hands up, thank MindArk and give credit where credit is due.

However right now, another carrot on a stick is just irritating. Combined with the possible outcome of getting some 3k ped pea shooter instead of Improved Imperium armor... is infuriating

***Update 03/02/2021

Originally posted by Alexandar - Team Cyrene

"Joint Imperium Armor Announcement from MindArk and Planet Cyrene

Due to a configuration issue, it was possible to complete the Imperium
Armor upgrade missions much more easily than intended, which resulted
in vastly more sets of upgraded armor sets being acquired than
warranted.

Unfortunately, this situation requires that these missions be disabled
until they can be removed in an upcoming Version Update.

However, the various turn-in item items required by this set of
missions will be included in new missions that will be implemented in
Version Updates this year.

Apologies for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Any issues or inquiries related to loot or balancing should be addressed to MindArk by submitting a support case on the official EntropiaUniverse.com website.

https://legal.entropiauniverse.com/legal/terms-of-use.xml"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Just a quick explanation for those unaware, this is the timeline of events which occured in my situation (similar for others):

Day 1: A mission chain is released on Cyrene which allows you trade materials for sets of armor

Day 3/4: I hear about this new mission chain and head for Cyrene. I pull out the debit card to deposit heavy and grind hard to loot my required materials.

Day 7: Just finishing completing all the required materials to trade for the Improved Imperium armor, and also gathered some towards modified set...
Also Day 7: The mission NPC is shut down and materials stop dropping in loot.

Day sixty something: "We hope to make an announcement soon" - the same response since the day it was shut off.

This has rendered all the materials i gathered, which should have converted to around $1,500, now useless and sitting in storage...

So i have made the decision to sell all my hunting gear, not out of spite, but out of sheer loss of fun and love for the game.
1/3 of my total assets frozen for two months with no update is just not cool in my books.
I may poke around the game a bit to trade or burn out some (L) storage toys. But for me, holding any value in assets long term is not worth it.

Last edited:
They should have made the sets not possible to trade while they fix this bullsh*t. This action is only punishing the players like you that started but not finished while the others that already got the armors are selling them for good money because no competition at all.

This really is a shame for Planet Partner and for MA. Not the first time that it happens too.

They should have more consideration for their loyal costumers that pay their salaries and make their investitores happy every year.

You guys see what is happening in Wall Street where ppl used Reddit to do a together action? Imagine if we would do that here. Something like 3 months no depo for everyone. Believe me, it would all be sorted out really, really fast.

Sorry for your situation just don't do anything in a rush that you will regret later. GL.

I made a considerable withdrawal because of this mess.

Cyrenegate is no different than the Arkadia gold rush issue of old. Lack of reasonable response from Cyrene and also from Mindark and the mutual back and forth on who is responsible for coming up with an appropriate message is unacceptable.

At the very least MA should have released an official announcement about it. All we got was My on discord saying "they are looking into it" and Kris on cyreneforum left in the dark by MA. You can't blame cyrene, MA reviews everything before it's released and they gave the OK to them.

Just MA being MA, I had little trust in them before, but now I have none.

ALL ABOARD THE WITHDRAWAL TRAIN, CHOO CHOO !!

ALL ABOARD THE WITHDRAWAL TRAIN, CHOO CHOO !!

All aboard, all aboard woh-oh! ?

Mindark need to fix this issue with urgency, it isn't right to leave people hanging like this and damages confidence in general.

Just don't do anything in a rush that you will regret later. GL.

To be honest mate, I've been getting less and less active over the past 2 months and the fun isn't really there anymore. Has taken me some time to come to this decision.

Just MA being MA, I had little trust in them before, but now I have none.
I'm also making a significant withdrawal in the next month because i'm sick of their shit too. I feel you man.
I made a considerable withdrawal because of this mess.

Quite alarming to see this number of high skilled, old school players responding in this way

Without searching through old threads, can you remind me ( and those that don't know or remember) what the reason was for the mission removal or stop?

Sorry to hear Goose, I hope this is fixed.

Without searching through old threads, can you remind me ( and those that don't know or remember) what the reason was for the mission removal or stop?

Sorry to hear Goose, I hope this is fixed.
Well there was no official reason given. Only "We will make a statement soon".

However i believe it was a balancing issue. Far too many sets of high level armor were released onto the market in too short a period of time.

The reason this happened - All the materials required for this mission chain had been pre-gathered/hoarded by cyrene hunters, in some cases years in advance. Enabling them to create a huge amount of sets from Day 1.

The set of Paneleon Spec in my sales thread, i purchased on Day 1 of the update from a newbie player (and it was his second set to create from his storage mats).
Another player managed to crank out 17 sets of armor to sell. (This is not a swipe at the player. He played the game well imo. It was just bad implementation.)

Last edited:
Ultimately this falls on MA.. Its really sad to see them make the same mistakes over and over again year after year burning more bridges.. Please communicate with your community and supporters MA, not asking much here. The more transparent you are the more successful you will be.

I subscribe to this thread and support the OP.

This is hilariously sad.

This case may have the potential to turn out more interesting than previous ones it is compared to.

qbWM1Rm.png

Funnily enough, Cyrene officials stated it's the other way around. And then both proceeded into replying they don't have enough information on the matter and were misinformed to an extent, thus wiping their hands off any statement made thus far :D

No worries guys, Eatser Mayhem is almost here!

just wait until the next vu update man.... cyrene has until then to negotiate with MA on what they can do. and surely they arent gonna say anything while they are negotiating what will happen with the update. MA saying its in cyrenes hands is kind of a copout. all i take from that is MA gave cyrene an option and cyrene refused said option... probably for your benefit if you would be more patient.

I left Cyrene an already plural number of years ago because things were not getting better. There were alts logging in and out just to exchange mats for tokens on daily/48 hour mission cycles and other stuff. I saw that possibly some day tokens etc would become valuable briefly all at once, there would probably be some scandal and insider knowledge, and I, with my own slowly gained tokens, did not want to be a part of it. I see that future has already become the past, but not been resolved.....
Didn't log in today at all - didn't feel like it. I wonder why?

As a relatively new/returning player, I will share the lesson I have learned. When things like this launch, I’ll likely rush over to collect materials and sell them immediately without stockpiling. I will not try to save them to complete whatever goal they are a part of. I’ll get my money quickly and often, then move on, leaving others to take their chances. It’s unfortunate, but the only thing that makes sense to me in this environment.

As a relatively new/returning player, I will share the lesson I have learned. When things like this launch, I’ll likely rush over to collect materials and sell them immediately without stockpiling. I will not try to save them to complete whatever goal they are a part of. I’ll get my money quickly and often, then move on, leaving others to take their chances. It’s unfortunate, but the only thing that makes sense to me in this environment.
But. I. was. soo. clooose :laugh: Good point though, much safer way to approach these situations.

Roll Tide! :D

I think scandals is their business model! And now, their other claim to fame, most pricey virtual items ever sold, is set to be defeated and left in the dust they might all be looking for other jobs anyway.

https://rubenmerre.medium.com/why-2021-will-be-the-year-of-non-fungible-tokens-nfts-9e4bd1ac6a51

MA used to be in this club if you remember. That's how I found them in the first place. Alphaworld, Blaxxun and Metaplace led me to Second Life then Project Entropia. When did they lose their initiative? Now, it's just milkin' the dead cow.

Last edited:
Is there anything that ever gets done right or right first time?? seriously what the hell is going on in this place? surely all this cant just be a coincidence, maybe a ploy to drive people away and then shut down rather the other way round because you cant have this many f ups in a row as a company you just cant and they wonder why we don't have a bigger player base and why so much negativity? Its not rocket science now isit...Sheesh

Is there anything that ever gets done right or right first time?? seriously what the hell is going on in this place? surely all this cant just be a coincidence, maybe a ploy to drive people away and then shut down rather the other way round because you cant have this many f ups in a row as a company you just cant and they wonder why we don't have a bigger player base and why so much negativity? Its not rocket science now isit...Sheesh
yup can't have too much attention someone might realize what they are doing behind the scenes!!

I left Cyrene an already plural number of years ago because things were not getting better. There were alts logging in and out just to exchange mats for tokens on daily/48 hour mission cycles and other stuff. I saw that possibly some day tokens etc would become valuable briefly all at once, there would probably be some scandal and insider knowledge, and I, with my own slowly gained tokens, did not want to be a part of it. I see that future has already become the past, but not been resolved.....
Didn't log in today at all - didn't feel like it. I wonder why?
Cyrene could have been great, but has a LOT of issues. Take the UL weapons in the A.R.C Hub, tradeable only if you loot a Weapon Voucher. Well guess what, I looted one last February, spent 250 ped to make a Weapon cube, but STILL the A.R.C Hub hasn't been refilled with UL weapons (A.R.C Level 2 vendor). It's a scam to promise something in loot, then make you fork out peds for ingredients (just like with the armor) and then not deliver. Also, MA seems to treat planet partners like shit. After 8 years, still no SHOPS in Cyrene(!).

The number of things Cyrene has so far not delivered are staggering. SOME of these may be due to ambition and complexity, such as introducing mechanoids players can control to go out fighting with. Other stuff got partly implemented, such as planet upgrade dynamics based on activity in different areas, the hub etc. But it also goes right down to stuff at the low and easy end that has not moved forward, such as shops/booths, a functioning oil field etc.
I personally believe Cyrene has been 'bullied' consistently by MA. Regardless of what other pps get, 'someone' or more than one intentionally balls up Cyrene's endeavours. The business relationship is an 'abusive' one in my opinion. It is like pretending to offer a small child a lollipop, then snatching it away again. The child may have been perfectly happy without sweets before the event, but is in tears afterwards. I thus have little hope of resolution here if the underlying situation is not changed.
One thing that did surprise me was the handling of the stolen armour a few years ago. The solution of setting a clear time for withdrawing their availability was pretty good actually, but it makes me think someone more senior stepped in, or something like that. Dunno, just observing. Hope that helps to inform people somewhat ...

When you talk about MA/PP mistakes it always comes back to COMMUNICATION, no communication is also communicating... Meanwhile Kris (cyrene) is putting his head in the sand and is MIA, sounds familiar Arkadia?

The best way of contacting MindArk is the "communication manager" on discord, most stuff she posts on a player owned discord channel is GIFs and goodmornings... When was the lasttime someone from MA communicated to us on the forum/clientloader?

Also, Toulan crafting that possibly costs MA money was fixed in 11 days............

Last edited:
seriously, my trust into mindark is beyond repair and my tracker of the last 14 months speaks for itself...

but it had very positive effects on my cashflow, i nearly don't know what to do with all my money now :king:

give Virtualsense some time... it just bought Toulan. In a few years it'll buy the surrounding planets as well. Since that company has a special relationship with Mindark that allows it to get priority on all fixes and upgrades the other Planet Partner owners don't stand a chance to survive in the long term...

Back