What the flying f' and how the all f's is this remotely acceptable?

Kerham

Elite
Society
Project Y
Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
By pure accident I stumbled across the info that Refurbished Heart VI (the small overtime heal fap from Cyrene) doesn't have its decay reimbursed, being bugged. I'm getting dizzy only trying to put together the total amount this might have been since the respective feature got introduced, because I use this fap very often, and often enough is my main fap. I know some people would ridicule me for this, but in the end is about money. I find it revolting that this is not announced as a known issue in a visible place somewhere and that is not actually disabled ingame. In my case the amount is easy in 4 figures if the item is bugged since the beginning. Not even guessing what would mean if there was an influence in 1.0 also.

Yes, both Cyrene and MA devs are aware.

I am twisting this in all sorts possible and I can't find it acceptable in any way. What's next, gun losing ammo through some hole or something?

Is first time in 15 years I see something so irresponsible from MindArk and from now on I will always have in the back of my mind "what if item/blueprint/tool x is bugged?"

Not writing right now a support case to MindArk because it would only be probably a river of obscenities, but first thing tomorrow will write something civil.

Well...it would only be since fap decay started being compensated in loot. Not sure exactly when that was implemented but certainly post loot 2.0 :D

I believe they should put a disclaimer on the product info screen. Surely Cyrene devs have control over their own item descriptions?
Run all new items through a turret test to make sure next time, that's what I do.

It was all so simple, when total damage done and damaged received calculated loot. Maybe they still kind of look at that stat, and throw a few hofs in now and then to even it out.

Game has always been like that to be honest. It's easier than trying to fix the millions of variables that can adjust input and output peds per player.

Since when can EU add-up correctly. Haha.

So I doubt you would've incurres a massive loss because of bug over a long period of time.

Rick.

To be fair, we don't know if it is not returned at all or if it is just a bug of the way that fap interacts with turrets. We can speculate but until it gets confirmed by someone with more information (aka MA) we can only speculate.

Well...it would only be since fap decay started being compensated in loot. Not sure exactly when that was implemented but certainly post loot 2.0 :D

How can you possibly know that? (meaning, the exact role of fap decay in 1.0)

You play Entropia long enough to get used to stuff like this. If the bug that was first noticed in 2018 and confirmed in 2020 sets you off so much, imagine your reaction if you would learn about all the bugs that aren't yet discovered :)

How can you possibly know that? (meaning, the exact role of fap decay in 1.0)

Isnt it common knowledge that FAP decay in loot 1.0 was simply wasted? As were any other costs involved. None were returned.
It wasn't until loot 2.0 that fap costs were being returned in loot.

You play Entropia long enough to get used to stuff like this. If the bug that was first noticed in 2018 and confirmed in 2020 sets you off so much, imagine your reaction if you would learn about all the bugs that aren't yet discovered :)

Not of this nature, not something which is directly a minus. There were all kind of things, from axe 1x0 to whip damage or repairable oa 109(L), but I honestly can't recall anything similar to it. And yes, that's what scares me, what other things I am not aware of and maybe I am blisfuly doing daily? Maybe my (L) Martial has a special crack through which 10dmg slips every hit, who knows. Been on a break, so hunting of any relevance since 27 march. It's 9th april. Within this interval I had a turnover of 70153tt, all things included, playing 10-12h a day. Repairs of this fap alone has been in the range of 2-300 peds. I haven't yet looted/sold comparable MU (or if I did, is still a comparable number, haven't kept that level of detail in logs, is mixed with MU spent and shrap converted). To my style/level, is enough to set me back or enough to influence my decision of hunting or not a certain mob or, heck, playing alltogether.

Isnt it common knowledge that FAP decay in loot 1.0 was simply wasted? As were any other costs involved. None were returned.
It wasn't until loot 2.0 that fap costs were being returned in loot.

Yes, and beyond that?

For example, this is a tiny thing in absolute value, but pardon my French, for its tiny value, how it is exactly reflected in the annual report? To not push the discussion towards something pure subjectively, like an avatar's turnover and respective impact in loot etc

Last edited:
Yes, and beyond that?

For example, this is a tiny thing in absolute value, but pardon my French, for its tiny value, how it is exactly reflected in the annual report? To not push the discussion towards something pure subjectively, like an avatar's turnover and respective impact in loot etc

No idea what you're trying to say here, but all I was saying is that this bug had nothing to do with loot 1.0.
As it was not relevant since fap decay costs were never returned.

By pure accident I stumbled across the info
It is not acceptable just as it's not acceptable that you came across the info by accident this very well known bug. You are very irresponsible with your money, MA is irresponsible with you money too so you now have that in common.... you should address some obscenities to yourself as well and MA should also have put a notice about it.

Most items in the game come with a range of visible and a range of invisible stats that will effect you one way or another, in the end its not so much about mindark educating us about everything but ourselfs keep an eye on how what we do works for us and what we can do better.
Meassure things, talk with others, compare information and yes ask midnark for additional information where it makes sense.
the si heart not being compensated in loot can actually be a service opportunity as well if you can offer a heal service that doesnt interfere with a hunters loot from a certain mob.

It is not acceptable just as it's not acceptable that you came across the info by accident this very well known bug. You are very irresponsible with your money, MA is irresponsible with you money too so you now have that in common.... you should address some obscenities to yourself as well and MA should also have put a notice about it.

How? Are you aware of MA maintaining any public list of known issues? I understand from what Svarog said about that it was discovered in 2018. I was active then, I have no recollection of such discussion. I use 4-5 weapons, two different hunting amps, another L fap, 3-4 L suits of armour, 3 types of vechicles, 4-5 types of mining finders, one type of excavator, one type of refiner. Hunting and mining on 4 different planets, dozens of places, mobs, minerals and so on. What am I supposed to do in terms of due dilligence, google about each of them weekly to see if somebody wrote something in some subthread or subreddit or something?

I get what you are saying Kerham. The problem is MA can't be transparent or everyone and their dog will be as rich as Messi! If everyone was as rich as Messi then the economy would be boring. It's as artificial as it gets, but that is EU.

I understand from what Svarog said about that it was discovered in 2018. I was active then, I have no recollection of such discussion.
It was discussed and later tested on Cyrene's discord. Because let's face it, 99% of the playerbase couldn't care less about Cyrene and its items. Some people use them but hardly anyone would go into the trouble of testing something or updating some databases. I agree that Cyrene devs (not MA!) should have mentioned the bug, but compared to all the setbacks they have to deal with these days, it's like worrying about a leaking water tap on the Titanic.

I don't have a discord account. And between the wellbeing of Cyrene and my own wallet, guess what I care about most. My perspective is that bone and bone-in-meat farming is a good part of the little that actually keeps that place going so I can see a conflict of interests as big/small as Cyrene itself.

MA has clearly stated that FAP/Armor decay is considered as input when it comes to loot calculations after loot 2.0. Assuming opposite or blaming others for not have tested it with each and every item is just beyond me...

Not writing right now a support case to MindArk because it would only be probably a river of obscenities, but first thing tomorrow will write something civil.

MA acknowledges the bug, but refuses compensation of losses.
It would be interesting to know the answer to your support case. Would it be different from the answer in the link below?

Strange politics | PlanetCalypsoForum

im 100% here...You guys sit here defending MA and Cyrene about this pure act of negligence its actually a shame...Yes I understand use what works for you and your game play...but, you assume what you use actually works as intended with the game...MA claims now with loot 2.0 fap decay goes towards loot...with this said you uber's cycling thousands and thousands now you learn that your thousands that you used in just faping alone never was calculated in loot returns...and your responses are well you should know lmfao...as a consumer you should assume the game or service provider you are working with is honest and willing to retain their clients via hardwork and dedication to providing a good game/service experience... tell me how you react when your internet bill goes up or cable bill goes up because they simply didnt tell you about the promotion expiring...you guys are way to complacent towards this...If MA states FAPing now plays a role in loot then FAPING SHOULD PLAY A ROLE IN ALL LOOT and every player shouldnt have to find out after what they've been doing its actually a lie and MA and Cyrene dont care to fix this issue...THAT SHOULD NOT BE BRUSHED OFF LIKE MEH...its amazing to me how many of you are actually defending MA about this and what worries me more is you UBER's commenting on here defending MA, what items are you using that might not are not being calculated in loot? are skills really important? is it really a slot machine? these are the kinds of things that start to form when there is a complete lack of interest in fixing something they know is wrong...how much more is wrong that we dont know about that they dont want to fix.... >< sry about the long post but, cmon guys you ubers are the backbone of this game and you guys are defending MA for complete lack of caring about what PED you cycle in the game...

Back