Question: Mob Suggestions ?

Society
The Ministry
Mad Rusty Scythe
Hello !!

I am looking for any tips / advice on what mob i can stick to for a long time / to do the Codex from Level 1 - 20+

My Current Setup:
Weapon: EWE LC-100 Tier 7
Armor Ghost + 5B / Martial + 5b / Mah'Ketta + 6A
Ring: Ares Improved / Athenic Ring Augmented

Ammo Budget: 4.5k ped right now

Laser Sniper Hit: 31
Ranged Laser Damage: 30

Everyone is welcome to give me some tips on what i can do / hunt

bercycled stalkers L12 (taxed at RC, free at echidna (global often, low hp, many instaces for ped drop diluted for wave)
argo l7...10 west road from twin peaks (drop chips and iron for bonus crafting mission)
snargs level 12...15 SW of southern livas (drop nice weapons (L)
cornundos L9...14 west of themegavolt (on shore) drop plenty of small (L)
molisk l9...19 in moilisk ramp SW of megavolt (near molisk cave) ...short HP
with Mahketta kill elvel 20 and 21 trooper and warriors in the zone between jurra and notius (grips, sights)
robot miners in treasure island drop mineral ore (Se near the coast)

remove enhancers and put accuracy ones for those if u kill too fast
consider adding a Bullseye8 and headshot4 for skillup bonus

avoid feffoid and ambu... too high risk in returns

(probabaly you can kill bigger......but i stick with combat level /3 formula for mobs to kill)
on these you can hope to extract a 2...4% of average markup

On that budget I don't recommend going above Kerberos hp level (up to alpha) and not using any dmg enhancers, unless the mob MU is good enough.
Do not waste peds on using accuracy enhancers. Not worth it.
Use damage enhancers if you doing high MU mobs like Annihilation Eviscerator gen 01.

On that budget I don't recommend going above Kerberos hp level (up to alpha) and not using any dmg enhancers, unless the mob MU is good enough.
Do not waste peds on using accuracy enhancers. Not worth it.
Use damage enhancers if you doing high MU mobs like Annihilation Eviscerator gen 01.

Regarding the ammo budget, i would be able to take out another 5 to 7k Ped of Universal Ammo, once i open more boxes.

important is that you asell all MU item on a regular basis... so ammo can buy more ammo with income....
not necessarily ned to storage 50k ped of 101% MU items.... jsut TT garbage and offer decent,..
your experience decides the cutoff of TT vs sale.
GL

important is that you asell all MU item on a regular basis... so ammo can buy more ammo with income....
not necessarily ned to storage 50k ped of 101% MU items.... jsut TT garbage and offer decent,..
your experience decides the cutoff of TT vs sale.
GL
Okay !!

My general rule of thumb. HP mob vs ped card/budget. 1000 hp = 10000 ped budget and so forth, if you want to make the peds last.

Okay, i will go back into Annihilation 1 then.

AFAIK Mayhem mobs only MU is the boxes right ?

Wont going for Berycled Stalkers be better loot wise ?

AFAIK Mayhem mobs only MU is the boxes right ?

Wont going for Berycled Stalkers be better loot wise ?
There's boxes worth around 2-3 ped each atm and the mayhem tokens valued at 0.5 ped each. Plus you can loot mayhem armors (L) and mayhem guns as well that has some MU. Mayhem mobs have the best accessible MU in-game imo.

There's boxes worth around 2-3 ped each atm and the mayhem tokens valued at 0.5 ped each. Plus you can loot mayhem armors (L) and mayhem guns as well that has some MU. Mayhem mobs have the best accessible MU in-game imo.

Okay, So stick to Mayhem 1 Annihilations Practice ?

Have you tried them or are you talking from memory? Mayhem evis are pure bs if you're not heavily cc specced and high turnover (because you are competing people who are).

On topic, troopers and warriors in mahketta. Ignore completely your tiers, any kind of enhancers are a waste at the turnover that weapon is capable of. Those are things to consider past 500 peds per hour or even better at higher amounts.

However, in the end, nomatter what mob you choose, do it alot.

Have you tried them or are you talking from memory? Mayhem evis are pure bs if you're not heavily cc specced and high turnover (because you are competing people who are).
But have YOU tried them? Mayhems are the most profitable events in the game..... cc has nothing to do with turnover.

Anytime in the past I have actually participated in a Mayhem Event has been a big loss for me, obviously, some people do well and some people do badly.

I'm glad that Evey has profited a lot from Mayhem, it just hasn't been my experience. In 35 hours in Easter Mayhem last year, I did not loot a single piece of Mayhem armor. I bought 300 keys from webshop to open all the boxes I looted and only got 1 pink bunny and 1 Mayhem amp, it was a total disaster...

I figured in the end I probably lost about 4k ped from that 35 hours. I also didn't place and did not win any tokens.

If you would like to take a more paced and cautious approach to your skilling/hunting, I wouldn't advise Annihilation. I would point you to a classic mob like Feffoids or Allo/Estos, which have a bit of markup in them, not Kerbs which are over-hunted and who's loot has no mu.

I did 5k Allo/Estos and tracked all my runs as part of my Hunting blog and did pretty good on them. (Ghost+6B or AP-xx Elect)

Some other mobs to consider with your level/armor:
Feffoids (Fort Fury) - Ghost+5D or AP-xx Cold
Feffox young/mature (South-East of Fort Zeus) - Ghost+5B or AP-xx Cut
Longtooth - Martial+5B
Ambulimax - Martial+5B
Troopers - Mah'ketta+6A

I know you also have a set of Pulsar 4, you could add those on the Martial and try the little Rextelum, there's an Iron style mission you can get for them which will be removed next September so until then, you can get double rewards, might be worth it if the setup works.

Good luck m8,
Legends

How can you value M tokens ? They are non-tradable ... ?

Hunt whatever you want during mayhem. Mayhem hunters increase the lootpool system wide. Many times it's possible to get nice globals outside of the Mayhem instances during mayhem since the loot pool is nice and fat during mayhem. :)

Hunt in the instances if you want, but outside is sometimes just as nice... and unless they fixed something from a couple of years ago (which I suspect they may have?), some boxes may loot outside of instances on some planets potentially... ?

One very important thing to note is that the bad advice is the number one reason for why people quit the game.
Bad advice leads to poor decisions, unrealistic expectations, increasing frustration and eventually quitting.
The community is nice in the way that it genuinely is trying to help, has good intentions, but lack of experience is bad strategy and poor understanding, sometimes gives bad advice. Go the extra mile to learn who is advising you and put in perspective their results in the game.
A few years back, with an ammo budget like that, I made it work and became sustainable for an indefinite amount of time or turnover because I found a mob that was giving markup and camped it 2 years. That's what you need to find. Chasing globals and HOFs is silly, don't hunt mobs that are too big, you need high kill count.
Good luck!

The word that you find more is MU .... you can not take money off loot pool on a regular basis.. sometime you get a bigger than expected global that bring you r run over ammo but usually you will go as near as possible by your gears to 100% without ever passing it as an average..... at that point Markup INS the difference.
Evey stated it even more clearly "i killed same mob over and over for 2 years" i dont know which one but if was not a boss we are talking of? 100.000 Kills..... that is MU extraction and "forcing the randomizer" to give you also a good multiplier in so many instances (each monster is a Ticket to a good multiplier... ammo wallet is to resist to "bad occurrencies" in the "dynamic loot system".
but gains are in the MU (you gain from other ppl paying you for taking the risk and the time to grind a specific item they need..... look in ah.... high demand of items is also dynamic. spot a needed one, find the monster that give it at the lowest ammo cost and you are in the track
an example... Thyroid oil was risen to 107% the couple of days that strongbox key Blueprint entered game. Calamus level 5 in lahar swamp drop it, probably lowest monster that drop Thyroid. i sold 4k ped oil codexing just that specific mob. snarg drop it too but with 8 times the HP... and calamus filled my dropped chip card A1 and gave me codex, lahar pills components and "scourging" skill on a real low level mutant. (jsut an example)
looking for a "shopper pad" killing Ambulimax without 20k ped to cycle is unrealistic...and lead to using your VISA too often :cool:

A few years back, with an ammo budget like that, I made it work and became sustainable for an indefinite amount of time or turnover because I found a mob that was giving markup and camped it 2 years. That's what you need to find. Chasing globals and HOFs is silly, don't hunt mobs that are too big; you need a high kill count.
That is some excellent advice!

But have YOU tried them? Mayhems are the most profitable events in the game..... cc has nothing to do with turnover.

Yes, I did tried, 47 globs across 4-5 days, 8-10 hours hunting a day. 21k turnover. 200$ total loss. I think was a more than reasonable effort for only a few days.

If cc has nothing to do, how about switching to regular armatrix (such as to not be barred at 69eff and corresponding eco) and no rings and tell us how much ped you make?

MU of weapons (ArM 45-50-55-60) between 1,05% and 1,6% per turnover. Used permanently Easter pill. Amped with beast/dante/a104.

My ratio of easter boxes was one per 100 ped tt spent. No mayhem armour, no esi, no weapon looted. Mtokens income about 0,3% per turnover. Had about 21k turnover in those few days, with a painful tt return of 91%. MU of outpot comps unmentionable, 107%, barely gathered enough to see 10 peds off it. Not mentioning precisely just how bad were the 400 boxes i opened in total, because that was my choice to open instead of selling.

Maybe would have been able to break even if tt overall would have bounced back to some 97%, but it didn't. And boxes keep dropping in MU, right now at 2.65 or something. If they would reach 2 ped per box, it would become guaranteed impossible for me to break even. And summer do sell for that price, so.

It is of common sense that if you hunt in mayhem you compete in the same market against the best setups ingame and, as long as you can't compete their advantage in terms of MU (not) spent and cc, you will lose because they will set the price for boxes, not you (a generic you, obviously).

In OP's situation, with that weapon, is irresponsible to advise him to step into mayhem. There are far better mobs ingame which right now are not really competed.

If cc has nothing to do, how about switching to regular armatrix (such as to not be barred at 69eff and corresponding eco) and no rings and tell us how much ped you make?
I started there, why would I want to go back? I got here by not following the herd advices.
I advised OP to find MU, on top of everything else, not go ham on Mayhem. And yes, there's a struggle until you reach the surface and manage to sustain yourself long term, but saying Mayhem mobs are bs and you only need cc, is pure bs.
How about you step up your game and strategy and tell us if you will need cc for ammo ever again?

I started there, why would I want to go back? I got here by not following the herd advices.
I advised OP to find MU, on top of everything else, not go ham on Mayhem. And yes, there's a struggle until you reach the surface and manage to sustain yourself long term, but saying Mayhem mobs are bs and you only need cc, is pure bs.
How about you step up your game and strategy and tell us if you will need cc for ammo ever again?

cc as in critical hit chance

why would you go back? because you have no idea what are you talking about, usually (sounds rough, but i don't mean an insult - other than your tier of gear/dps etc that is). EU at different tiers of dps, EU UL vs EU (L), with or without cc gear (again is critical hit chance) are very different games. OP has ul frontier. No offense to anybody, is a peashooter which has no business with mayhem.

And no, mayhems are not anymore so good. 3 years ago or so, with oac at 200%, with more mtokens, with more weps in trader itself such as to make the competition more attractive, with the handful of (L) loots even myself saw, with the carrot of gleamers around, with boxes at 4+, yes i would have agreed. TT was always a struggle, normal at that hp, but their MU nose dived. Bit more effort on MA's behalf and Mayhem will become nonsensical instead of that thing you'd be prepearing for with months before.

Last edited:
i wonder after these weeks if any of the advices was useful , used or lead to ruin or breakeven....

i wonder after these weeks if any of the advices was useful , used or lead to ruin or breakeven....

Hello !!

Yes, I tried to mix & match all the ideas over here.

The thing that was obvious was, my returns [ TT or MU Based ] was significantly higher when i was using the Limited counterpart of the weapon or anything in similar damage range.

Did a 22k PED Cycle on Atrox [ Only Ammo ] Returns were at a steady 88% on the UL EWE 100.
Another week run of 22k PED Cycle [ Again Only Ammo ] Returns were at 93% without a single HoF / any hit above 100 ped [ which was 1 in 1000 odd kill ]

This weekend, did a 9.3k PED run [ not a cycle as i kept all the loots together before selling ] on Feffoids near Fort Fury - Total TT return was at 7036.91 PED [ Run cost included with repairs + decay ]

TJawtKM6OCKkvwCIqX.gif

For years I though Atrox were a great mob, because all the older players in my soc told me so, so of course I believed it. Atrox are a terrible mob which I do not even hunt when I need liver oil these days. Go and hunt 20 Atrox and see what loot you get, no MU and the only oil is liver oil which is only used in simple plastic ruds 2 and there are better mobs to hunt for it.

Back to the OP - try Kerberos, they drop muscle oil which is used in simple 1 springs and conductors, both of which go into many blueprints. You don't even need to sell it, just craft the springs and conductors and sell them for a small markup. I hunt Kerberos a lot and have completed the CODEX purely because I use the muscle oil in my crafting runs. Others are estophyl and alophyl, these have lower health than atrox and drop more useful items with MU

If you read somewhere that x is a good mob, then ask yourself why the person is saying that . Are they a 1 year noob who hit 2k on an atrox and now considers them the best mob in the game because of 1 loot event. In general much of the information you read is not that useful and is always someones opinion. I have hunted the majority of mobs on calypso but have only ever grinded maybe 10 different mobs . I will only grind a mob if it drops something I need in crafting, a recent example is fine wool which converts into fine textile. I used to hunt gradivore for this but the drop rate is not as good as on neconu which i recently started grinding. Neconu are harder to kill than gradivore but the damage types are impact and cut which negates the need for special plates as you need on the gradivore as they are 100% acid.

Unfortunately there is no right answer to "hunt this mob and you will profit", like everything else in this game, it is not about profit, is is about limiting losses.

One last point, I only really started analysing what mobs I hunted when I got into crafting. Before that I would hunt a mob because I felt like it, or I would finish an iron mission because I had already completed 50% of it and I was ignorant of whether the mob was any good or not. Now I work backward, I want to construct 10 units of Armatrix xx-yy, For this I will need the following components a,b,c. To do this i need materials d,e,f, ok which mobs drop d,e,f with the highest amount of item at the smallest cost to myself. Chomper, argo and foul all drop eye oil and I say I need 4k eye oil. I would not hunt chompers, this would give me too few loot events. I might hunt foul but they are very low level and I would probably need a small gun to do this effectively and this could take a while. I know that in a couple of hundred loot events on argo I am going to use a maxed out weapon and I will get 2 or 3 decent TT value loots with at least half the loot in those 2 or 3 events being eye oil. Even if you sell your materials the same rules apply. hunt below your max level with a maxed gun and make sure to get enough loot events to tigger the multipliers.

Last edited:
moondog, i 100% agree and also with evey.
ATROX ARE BAD. the only hope is to global....
their drop is tt food and have extreme long life
the funny part is that all messages said
do not hunt atrox or feff :)
maybe you love em... but thy dont love you
now go to zephirus and do 20k on esto/allo....
maybe they yield 101%.....

Back