Suggestion: PVP4 needs attention

Theocles

Alpha
So the exploits that go on in this zone are beyond ridiculous at this point, whether its people suiciding with a rocket, or a grenade launcher and then jumping off a hill or having a mob hit them for 1 damage to finish them off, however if you shoot these useless avatars before they kill themselves, they still do not get looted.... There is multiple threads about this and still zero attention from MA in any regard, not even responses to tickets.

There is a few simple solutions to this..

1) Remove radar and teleports from this zone, same as pvp3

2) If an avatar is killed by another avatar, they are looted regardless of the pathetic methods they use to kill themselves

3) Lose toxic shot if you die in pvp whether to a mob or another player

These are just a few simple ideas or examples, but the exploiting and nonsense that occurs in this zone is just pathetic.. You silly avatars have so much to live for, grow a pair and stop killing yourselves.

sadly Theo we asked this for few years

Grow a pair of what?

Also another exploit for pvp4, one avatar in particular, is signing up for any event on calypso and then keeping the registry open while in zone, then he immediately joins the event the second he sees you on radar.

Time to wake the F up MA, you either have a zero tolerance for people exploiting or abusing the system or you don't care about it at all. It would be nice to even get some kind of answer, in any regard.

I would guess that 99/100 times upon seeing anyone in this zone, an avatar exploits one of these bugs to get out of the zone, or suicides.

My point is this, the zone is pvp, for taking a cowards way out you should be penalized.

I support taking out the exploits you mentioned. But what is your position on players running away/teleporting out using normal methods?
When I’m in PVP and see green or if I global, I try to break line of sight and activate my TP chip. No exploits. Are my actions deemed offensive?
I’m not a coward, it’s just smart business sense to me as I know I have zero chance against one of you high level PvPers.

we're sht out of luck when it comes to devs caring about the real issues.

hate to say it here for everyone to see this but in the 10 yrs ive been around this game was and has always been plagued by exploits and cheats. looking back now, at no point in my time here do i feel the game was legit.

Seems to me the real issue here is that some players want the opportunity to loot others. Nobody is silly enough to take loot into PvP4, it is the chance they would have to mine or hunt things in PvP4 that are not really available anywhere else.

Its not a matter of cowardice from "useless' avatars. They are players who are in PvP4 for quite different reasons that yours Theocles. So don't get upset if they don't want to play your game and let you take the loot they got through their blood, sweat & tears.

So be honest & say that you really want is to take stuff from players who are not as good at hunting & killing others as you are.

Save your skills for hunting other PvP types who I will bet will not run away or suicide or stuff - think of the skills you will get & the boost to your ego when you kill them (the loot will probably suck thou, but you cannot have everything)

So the exploits that go on in this zone are beyond ridiculous at this point, whether its people suiciding with a rocket, or a grenade launcher and then jumping off a hill or having a mob hit them for 1 damage to finish them off, however if you shoot these useless avatars before they kill themselves, they still do not get looted.... There is multiple threads about this and still zero attention from MA in any regard, not even responses to tickets.

2) If an avatar is killed by another avatar, they are looted regardless of the pathetic methods they use to kill themselves

3) Lose toxic shot if you die in pvp whether to a mob or another player OR SCUICIDES

These are just a few simple ideas or examples, but the exploiting and nonsense that occurs in this zone is just pathetic.. You silly avatars have so much to live for, grow a pair and stop killing yourselves.
Fixed point 3.

I support taking out the exploits you mentioned. But what is your position on players running away/teleporting out using normal methods?
When I’m in PVP and see green or if I global, I try to break line of sight and activate my TP chip. No exploits. Are my actions deemed offensive?
I’m not a coward, it’s just smart business sense to me as I know I have zero chance against one of you high level PvPers.
This is not considered cheating in any way. Preserving loot as a should always be top priority for a miner\hunter, but not by using exploits.

Seems to me the real issue here is that some players want the opportunity to loot others. Nobody is silly enough to take loot into PvP4, it is the chance they would have to mine or hunt things in PvP4 that are not really available anywhere else.

Its not a matter of cowardice from "useless' avatars. They are players who are in PvP4 for quite different reasons that yours Theocles. So don't get upset if they don't want to play your game and let you take the loot they got through their blood, sweat & tears.

So be honest & say that you really want is to take stuff from players who are not as good at hunting & killing others as you are.

Save your skills for hunting other PvP types who I will bet will not run away or suicide or stuff - think of the skills you will get & the boost to your ego when you kill them (the loot will probably suck thou, but you cannot have everything)
We are discussing a LOOTABLE PVP ZONE... its not an issue that people want to loot others, it's the whole point of the zone. The problem isn't people getting away, it's the exploits which are used to do so.

did not know that i am a casual miner... so lootable PVP is a Choice not an obligation....
at this point it is only matter of remving bugs that are abused...

People tp'ing away is not an exploit, it is in the game. I don't expect all to fight, my issue is the people who are using exploits to escape the zone immediately, or the ones taking measures that prevent them from being looted at all.

Ranavolana, you are missing the entire point behind this post.. The issue is people leeching markup from mining in zones that are intended to have a risk to be looted by other avatars, and they are using exploits to prevent that risk from being there. And yes I do go into the pvp zone to fight other avatars or loot them, because that is what the zone is intended for, thus the big warning that comes up when you enter.

Do you go to the toilet to take a shit? Because that's what it is there for.

I would imagine that these zones were designed with the intention for avatars to compete for the markup that is produced there. That being said, it sends a pretty bad message that its ok for players to repeatedly exploit and abuse known bugs in a game that most of the players are paying to play. Same as those who compete in mayhem, spending a ton of ped to compete against others for a potential reward, its extremely unfair that certain players in the past have abused the system to win these events and make it impossible for those competing fairly to come up with a similar score. I view exploits the same in any situation, it should be a zero tolerance policy..

Theocles I am not missing the point you are setting out to make. It seems that there are two ways of looking at PvP4 that are diametrically opposed, you are in one camp, I am in the opposite ( though I do go into PvP4 a bit I have not used any of those "exploits" that seem to trigger you so greatly).

You say miners leeching markup from mining in zones that are intended to have a risk. I say PKers leeching from others who are doing the work - to me the "useless" avatars are ones like yours. - you lot add nothing to the game.

You see an "exploit" I see a tactic - one that seems to work, and so your aggravation.

I take your point " it sends a pretty bad message that its ok for players to repeatedly exploit and abuse known bugs in a game that most of the players are paying to play " But the exploits & abuses seem to come from players who use alts, bot, and use real exploits to hunt other players.

The one point you did make 1) Remove radar and teleports from this zone, same as pvp3 well that seems to be the only one that make any sense, do that and it would make things harder for BOTH hunter & hunted.

PS give the colourful language a miss - all it does is show that you are an excitable type of person

Irony huh? Aren't some of those complaining about exploits in PVP4 and asking for it to be sorted, some of the exact same one who in the past complained about lootable PVP in space? Asking for a friend ;)

Lets have a new rule implemented by MA that if you kill someone in PVP then he only can loot as much TT as he has lootable stuff carring while killing the other Avatar.

1) More exiting for PK'er as he can also loose stuff and not only some ammo
2) More exiting for Miners and Hunters as he not only can loose but also gain something when fighting a PK'er - so not only one party can loose in fight but also the attacked player has a incentive to fight back as he knows he could also gain something when killing the attacker so change from a LOOSE(Miner/Hunter) - WIN(PK'er) situation to a WIN(Miner/Hunter) - WIN(PK'er) situation as both can get something for the kill not only the PK'er as today
3) Only loosing as much as the other one is also risking to loose - Evens out that playing field between hunter/miner and PK'ers

Ya ya ya, toxic must costs 500 peds, pvp4 must be filled with mulaks 3000 lvl (higher better), if you have not 150 lvl in profs can`t go inside pvp, just 5 ppl in same time can be in pvp, after 5 min in pvp toxic gas kill, and all time mining res - oil (ore same) bla bla bla...

Oh, and yes only one soc can be inside....

Theocles I am not missing the point you are setting out to make.

PS give the colourful language a miss - all it does is show that you are an excitable type of person

Is that a euphemism for a more excitable expression?

3) Lose toxic shot if you die in pvp whether to a mob or another player

I like points 1 (aside from removing teleporting, maybe reduce the distance to TP?) and 3 in your post.

I would also add removing the auto-targeting between avatars and repeat action features. This would add a little skill back into the game and less automation.

Maybe implementing a feature that your health level must be kept at the minimum lootable level while in the zone and if its not reached in a short window (20-30 seconds) your succumb to the toxins in the area and lose your shot as well. All stackable resources are forfeit as well but you get the TT value back in some way. That way succumbing to the toxic environment comes with risk no matter who you are hunter, miner, PVPer. That might be a bit much for the MA dev team since lootable PVP probably isn't high on their to-do list.

Plus there is always a fine line between exploit and "smart play" when it comes to how MA defines such things. There has been unethical behavior in the past they've chalked up to "smart play" because their system wasn't up to snuff to stop people from doing such things.

Last edited:
i would just treat ppl like monster.. .loot 2.0 ,,,,, and Pkers that use 1 ped ammo to kill can get average 0.98 pec back... rest reman on who WORKS to get loot
yes i consider PKers Burglars and i am out of the competition due i dont enter lootable pvp zones, i consider them as a silly feature for RCE... in real economy
the stealers are jailed........ no tincentivated.

i would just treat ppl like monster.. .loot 2.0 ,,,,, and Pkers that use 1 ped ammo to kill can get average 0.98 pec back... rest reman on who WORKS to get loot
yes i consider PKers Burglars and i am out of the competition due i dont enter lootable pvp zones, i consider them as a silly feature for RCE... in real economy
the stealers are jailed........ no tincentivated.
You have issues

We want a Need for Speed GAme, If you have any link so send me on here, We play with joyfully, And thank you.

I would also add removing the auto-targeting between avatars and repeat action features. This would add a little skill back into the game and less automation.
What does this meen?

What does this meen?

Basically remove the auto click feature (a key map feature) and auto aim (right click on target) feature unless it's already removed in PVP. It's been a while since I've PK'ed in EU so I could be mistaken. In other games you have to click your mouse and aim your reticule on the target and in some more advanced games you even need to lead your targets some to make a hit. It just makes PVP interesting because it takes into account more human interaction.

Sometimes a really good player with decent equipment can best a so-so player with great equipment, that way everyone stays frosty in PVP even those "tanks"

Last edited:
tactics 1.log out to avoid getting looted. log back in with safe buble to see if someone there, if there is log out again.
tactics 2. Get damaged by a mob and then run around with low hp and no risk getting looted.
tactics 3. register to an event. so if anyone attacks u u just teleport to the event. "this has been removed before for same reasons" by MA
tactics 4. kill your self with rocket,jump of a cliff whatever and cant get looted.

Log out tactics: those that do that should be banned.
Low hp running without risk getting looted: Should get a warning. Should be considered exploit becouse there is no way thats an intended "feature"
Event register and use it to avoid getting looted in lootable zone. Should be banned.
suicide. well thats prolly only thing here that is legit.

If u are 100%hp or 1%hp should not matter. if someone kills u, u should lose what u have.

Basically remove the auto click feature (a key map feature) and auto aim (left click on target) feature unless it's already removed in PVP. It's been a while since I've PK'ed in EU so I could be mistaken. In other games you have to click your mouse and aim your reticule on the target and in some more advanced games you even need to lead your targets some to make a hit. It just makes PVP interesting because it takes into account more human interaction.

Sometimes a really good player with decent equipment can best a so-so player with great equipment, that way everyone stays frosty in PVP even those "tanks"

that was removed ages ago.
As far as i know u actually have to aim and manually click to shoot avatars.
There is no right click or select target anymore.
There are bots around for hunting and mining but if there is more features in those bots i dont know.

Back