Free PED on the ground - Next Island

Stirge

Old
Society
SECRETS
Stirge Stirge Stirge
Fruit walking can be lucrative over time as you build up a supply but when you find Broken Elysian Technology on the ground that's essentially just free PED.

i can confirm I found 1 stack week or 2 ago!

i can confirm I found 1 stack week or 2 ago!

Robber, how big was the stack you found? And, by chance, do you remember the type of terrain you were on?

I have to get back to NI to give u all info man :)

I have to get back to NI to give u all info man :)

If you think about it when next you are on NI let me know. I love more data...helps me understand EU better.

UPDATE! You can also find Elysian Tech Chips on the ground not just the Broken Elysian Technology. This is a game changer for NI and ground items!

I didn't question this a month ago as I assumed it was just a baity attempt at getting the armour reward for advertising, but now I think I should challenge this. Anyone who wants to get Ely Tech Chips can simply do the daily task to get something like 1600 of the things. If the ground spawn is huge, then maybe ok, but so far I've only occassionally found the broken variety at the sameish size as fruit and stones.
If noob skilled avatars are somehow set to super-spawn finds as they run around, then that would be an interesting find. To me it appears that over the years my avatar can see fruit from slightly further away (possibly serendipidy skill?), so do I find more on average than noobs?
Maybe do a vid on that, or on run speed, or whatever else may help find stuff on the ground a bit more easily?!

just look at movie... 63 items. it is a fruit-size finding.
for sure off Calypso ground findings are bigger size.
as per radius to see fruits i think i got less than 5 meter
if i move they fade.
my serendipity is 5kish and i see no difference since it was locked.

I've had around 17k fruits total while mining on NI
I got around 150 those chips
50 units in stack on aveage
0.0005 tt total, have 10k% mu, can be sold for whooping 5 pec
definitely a gamechanger :sarcasm:

I didn't question this a month ago as I assumed it was just a baity attempt at getting the armour reward for advertising, but now I think I should challenge this. Anyone who wants to get Ely Tech Chips can simply do the daily task to get something like 1600 of the things.
If you haven't checked out my channel then you should: I started making NI videos before the Community Recognition program began. I make short serieses about all of the different planets except Calypso so, to be clear, I'm not a shill for NI. :cool:

If noob skilled avatars are somehow set to super-spawn finds as they run around, then that would be an interesting find. To me it appears that over the years my avatar can see fruit from slightly further away (possibly serendipidy skill?), so do I find more on average than noobs?
Maybe do a vid on that, or on run speed, or whatever else may help find stuff on the ground a bit more easily?!
Since you mentioned it: 10 days ago I made a video specifically about how to better find ground items (the highlight is Toulan)
A Master Class in Fruit Walking

I've had around 17k fruits total while mining on NI
I got around 150 those chips
50 units in stack on aveage
0.0005 tt total, have 10k% mu, can be sold for whooping 5 pec
definitely a gamechanger :sarcasm:
Oh to be true I am liberal with words like Game Changer. That video was made for fun. BUT, it is still better to find something on the ground with 10k%MU than to get poked in the eye with a sharp stick. :D

For me EU is still a game, after all, and not everyone knows what happens on other planets and their worth - so I make videos. The goal of StirgeTropia is to highlight ALL of EU and the things that you can find, mine, craft, and hunt.

Since you mentioned it: 10 days ago I made a video specifically about how to better find ground items (the highlight is Toulan)
A Master Class in Fruit Walking

Very nice and comprehensive vid on the matter.

Not yet Master I′d say though, Advanced Apprentice rather. Thankfully not all deeper secrets unveiled. :)

Tried to locate a triple find screenie for you, I know I have some somewhere. Didn′t turn up where I thought they would be, however. Sorry for that.––Imo there are no real triple finds actually, they′re double finds with an additional adjacent find.

Btw there were times, when Rutol was way over 1 PED a piece...! My first Rutol sale in game was for 450+ PED. :yay:

Before VU10 you could have real underwater finds. That has changed. When you now find something in the water, then that′s a matter of gfx. The animation of the waves don′t tell you, where exactly the program deems the water to begin.

Last edited:
The goal of StirgeTropia is to highlight ALL of EU and the things that you can find, mine, craft, and hunt.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. It may indeed be that I projected my dislike of the incentive program onto what I perceive as the uselessness of those finds and of advertising this. I suppose MA (and all 'worlds') have to have a range of content from useless to useful, where people should discover for themselves what the useful stuff is. In that regard, making people aware of what they can find in remote places is indeed info, without preselecting what players should actually go and seek.
If the general fruit walking video is useful to people, then great.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It may indeed be that I projected my dislike of the incentive program onto what I perceive as the uselessness of those finds and of advertising this. I suppose MA (and all 'worlds') have to have a range of content from useless to useful, where people should discover for themselves what the useful stuff is. In that regard, making people aware of what they can find in remote places is indeed info, without preselecting what players should actually go and seek.
If the general fruit walking video is useful to people, then great.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment as well. I am just doing a little video creation for a game I like most of the time, when I make PED, and loathe, when I lose tons of PED, the rest of the time.

Very nice and comprehensive vid on the matter.

Not yet Master I′d say though, Advanced Apprentice rather. Thankfully not all deeper secrets unveiled. :)

Tried to locate a triple find screenie for you, I know I have some somewhere. Didn′t turn up where I thought they would be, however. Sorry for that.––Imo there are no real triple finds actually, they′re double finds with an additional adjacent find.

Btw there were times, when Rutol was way over 1 PED a piece...! My first Rutol sale in game was for 450+ PED. :yay:

Before VU10 you could have real underwater finds. That has changed. When you now find something in the water, then that′s a matter of gfx. The animation of the waves don′t tell you, where exactly the program deems the water to begin.
I'll take Advanced Apprentice, thank you.
One thing I have learned while playing EU is give away for free what you can afford to. 'Tis true "not all deeper secrets unveiled."

About the under water finds: it has been described to me that if you bounce along the bottom/ground of an area under water that that is where the ground items finds can be had. Never witnessed it myself and no one I know has pictures.

My first Rutol find was 90 units and I sold it for 18PED. Not worth near that now but I felt like a rich man in EU for about........30min. :ROFLMAO:

Back