Info: Looking for a new leader (Guess Who)

ntelinatsos

Stalker
Society
GU ---> A&D ---> pk ck ---> OU ---> GU HQ ---> cks ---> Synergen ---> Guess Who
Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos
Hi guys, cause i don't play as i used in the past, i decided to step back and give the reins to another, more active than me, player that will help our soc to keep prospering.

I made this thread to inform you that i'm looking to step back from the leadership of our soc and to accept any potential apply for the leadership seat.

So, i'll collect your applications and after i'll talk with my soc members, i'll decide who's gonna succeed me

Some informations that you might want to know before you apply for the leadership seat:
  • You need to be an old, skilled, active, reputable and known player (i'll prefer if the new leader is someone that i know and i can communicate with).
  • Current or former soc members can apply too.
  • The new leader will have to keep the same way as the soc goes (since many years). If you have something new to offer, will be acceptable, but don't try to change the way of the soc as it goes since years.
  • I'll have to teach the new leader some things on how to run the rank upgrades/downgrades and our google docs.
  • We'll keep the same rules for soc recruiting and soc ranks as they are now.
  • The new leader must be someone that will look to stay in the soc for years and not someone that changes soc too often and they might leave after some months.
  • I'll stay in soc as Colonel and i'll give my advices, any time i could, to the new leader
  • I can't think something more right now, maybe i'll add more "rules" later.

Well, i hope we can find someone that will run our soc better than what i did so far and make our soc prosper again and achieve our long time goals

thanks for reading, stelios..

Last edited:
I'm confused, just to be clear, are you looking for someone outside the soc to be the leader ?

I'm confused, just to be clear, are you looking for someone outside the soc to be the leader ?
the message is for everyone (outside and inside soc players) but i'll be more positive if i know and trust the new potential leader

the message is for everyone (outside and inside soc players) but i'll be more positive if i know and trust the new potential leader
I can see the society has more than 90 members and you need to seek outside for a leader ? to me just does not seems right.

I can see the society has more than 90 members and you need to seek outside for a leader ? to me just does not seems right.
This thread is not to discuss if it's right or not, so i'm not gonna discuss this any further.
I seek for a new leader either from inside or outside the soc and i'll talk with our soc members before i decide who will succeed me

All good, we just have different concepts of society, nothing wrong with that.
Hope you find the right person, good luck

This thread is not to discuss if it's right or not, so i'm not gonna discuss this any further.
I seek for a new leader either from inside or outside the soc and i'll talk with our soc members before i decide who will succeed me
Stelios if you see this can you log in the game and contact Pedhunter (Jo). We as a society want to sort out the new leadership issue.

Hi guys, cause i don't play as i used in the past, i decided to step back and give the reins to another, more active than me, player that will help our soc to keep prospering.

I made this thread to inform you that i'm looking to step back from the leadership of our soc and to accept any potential apply for the leadership seat.

So, i'll collect your applications and after i'll talk with my soc members, i'll decide who's gonna succeed me

Some informations that you might want to know before you apply for the leadership seat:
  • You need to be an old, skilled, active, reputable and known player (i'll prefer if the new leader is someone that i know and i can communicate with).
  • Current or former soc members can apply too.
  • The new leader will have to keep the same way as the soc goes (since many years). If you have something new to offer, will be acceptable, but don't try to change the way of the soc as it goes since years.
  • I'll have to teach the new leader some things on how to run the rank upgrades/downgrades and our google docs.
  • We'll keep the same rules for soc recruiting and soc ranks as they are now.
  • The new leader must be someone that will look to stay in the soc for years and not someone that changes soc too often and they might leave after some months.
  • I'll stay in soc as Colonel and i'll give my advices, any time i could, to the new leader
  • I can't think something more right now, maybe i'll add more "rules" later.

Well, i hope we can find someone that will run our soc better than what i did so far and make our soc prosper again and achieve our long time goals

thanks for reading, stelios..

What a way to handle all this mate!

May be have a good old chat with your lads n lasses first before looking for some random guy outside the soc.

Solid leadership skill right there.

If you have reasons to step aside then no worries, we all wish you well and hope you find some new meaningful endeavours.

Though this post of yours is flabbergasting. What makes you think we will want to be handed over to some new owner like a bunch of puppies.

If you recruit some new leader from outside the gang then be assured that this new leader will inherit a hussk of a soc. (No offense to anyone, i'm sure there a plenty of based folks out there suitable to run this circus a.k.a. Guess Who soc)

You never struck me as a drama queen but this one is some proper diva shit. Not gonna stand for it.

Cest la vie dude!

You know that its possible for members to vote a new leader? First hand experience, I logged in one day and found out I was pushed forward by the other -X- members.

Seems your soc got some soul searching to do...

You know that its possible for members to vote a new leader? First hand experience, I logged in one day and
Not if too many votes of inactive members 'rest' on the old leadership and so the new leader can't collect >50% votes.

Solution:
The old leader has to set himself to 'unelectable'.
Then all votes on the old leader get canceled and don't block the election for the new leader.
...if the old leader is not one of the inactives, too...

Last edited:
I am an ex member of Guess Who. I wish you guys all the best in finding a new leader. Although best approach as some have mentioned is to use the ingame voting system to select new leader. Or dicuss and reach a decision internally. It doesn't make much sense for anyone outside soc except maybe ex members on good standing to become a new leader assuming nobody in soc got problem with it, if nobody within the soc becomes a leader.
If I were to further give more of my ex pecs. I'd recommend Jo. Best chill dude I ever known.

jo pedhunter smith will be our new leader soon (it takes 1-2 days)
Congratulations to Jo!! :yay:

Jo is amazing! :cool:

Great man :)

Back