Ridiculous weapon prices.

While Orion will wait to have his laugh, Ron Kovich could make a Tesla Model X in profit in next 5 years....

Well, to be honest, EVERY noob in this game can make a Tesla model X in profit in 5 years with this amount of money.
The 500k weapon need a a shitton of other gear (and ammo) to make the user able to profit that much.

Just invest all that money into deeds and you will get the same result!
Ok, maybe not a model X but a model 3 at least! ;)

And that's the cool stuff about entropia!
There are so many ways to spend you money wisely! :giggle:

But I guess using that system offers the same risks that I mentioned.
If the market collapses, Deeds will probably collapse as well.
It's all connected.

Macmahon Vengeance tier7 - 360k BO

Why not? The sky is the limit it seems.
Don't judge me, look at your own lack of sarcasm.

In all seriousness... we can't expect MA to drop a ton of 80+ efficiency weaponry.

However, a couple of fresh ones wouldn't bad
and on top of that
Please close the huge efficiency gap between old school weapons (eff 60+) and the 2.0 ones. There is barely anything between 64% and 80%...
That's where a larger amount of new weapons should be entering the market, so that you can work your way up, rather than having to stay low, or jump high

In all seriousness... we can't expect MA to drop a ton of 80+ efficiency weaponry.

and on top of that
Please close the huge efficiency gap between old school weapons (eff 60+) and the 2.0 ones. There is barely anything between 64% and 80%...
That's where a larger amount of new weapons should be entering the market, so that you can work your way up, rather than having to stay low, or jump high

Who told you it was impossible to happen? MA sells mostly skills, it's much more logical to have a ton of 3.0 items in each field than to keep filling the pockets of hundred of people who are ruining their market economy because of their greed.

and on top of that
MM and imp M2870 in that eff range

MM and imp M2870 in that eff range
- those aren't 2.0 guns
- mm is unusable for grinding, because it is so fast you need to repair your UL amp constantly
- m2870 is a low power gun
- these are not available by grinding for mtokens or in another way
- there are currently more 80%+ guns then mm's or other 64-80% weapons, which is not logical. weapons efficiency availability should be pyramid-like I'd think.
- mm is only 1 gun, in a category from 64% to 80%. it doesn't fit all. most ppl don't have skills to use this one, while the 2.0 guns require less skills.

there's like a thousand of lvl 50-64% weapons
there's like 20 64-80% weapons
there's like 30 80%+ weapons?

idk the exact number, but I'm sure youre getting the picture

- those aren't 2.0 guns
You cannot close the gap with adding more in between in big numbers... as many would like. It would kill even more the old guns and I don't think players or MA wants that to happen overnight. Maybe in 10 years yes... In EU years, FEN was not too long ago and there are yet so many items left in mayhem vendor, some great melee weapons, 29 uber pistols...
People just need to work for them or pay the right price. These items are available on the market. People just need to create enough demand for them or wait for the others to be sold out so these can be bought cheaper...
I don't think there's gonna be MAyhem Vendor update until all hedocs and mayhem armors dissapear, long before the last weapon was sold... could be wrong ofc, but it would make a lot of sense.
Try count all the FEN items and Mayhem items and ask yourself after that if there are too few in circulation...

This thread annoys me. Mostly because it is a lot of whining ... a lot of it is guessing what MA will do with nothing to actually back it up. A lot of it is grandstanding about how prices are going to fall, because people saying prices are going to crash have no skin in the game.

As with everything, there's the caveat of don't put more money in than you can afford to lose. The current universe is flush with cash, so prices are going up. And people see prices going up, so they know it can be hard to replace their guns if they sold right now, so the only sellers are those who are willing to step away from the game for a while or take a step down in terms of gear...

There are actually quite a large number of loot 2.0 weapons with decent efficiency of varying degrees dps, between what was available from FEN and mayhem trader, besides what was available in the game previously. But those who own loot 2.0 weapons, they do not sell because they ask themselves the same question I ask myself when I think about selling, which is, what the hell would I use if I sold the weapon I am using now. And there isn't usually a good answer for those who wish to keep playing the game. So the current lack of supply is a good sign, that people trust the status quo and there's no sign that MA is ready to shake things up.

A lot of talk about loot 3.0. I do not see any particular need to change the loot system on MA's side. Things are working, the game is accessible for those who can't afford higher end weapons. You might have 96% TT return instead of 97.5% tt return, for example.. (Difference between 85% and 62% efficiency, just as an example, don't play too close attention to the actual numbers, I'm not sure how accurate they are in reality). But you get my point, it is 1500 more over 100k cycled. So it is doable, but still retains the carrot for players who wish to enhance their game with high end UL gear.

There are also still lots of modest efficiency weapons with good DPP available from mayhem trader. So unless MA decides to do away with the mayhem trader, there are still bp110s, LP50s, SB 90s, etc

MA did release a recent perfected pistol, and one of the best pistols in game. It is just in L form...draw your conclusions from that how you will...

Also, efficiency is an important parameter, but it also isn't the only important parameter. Efficiency just determines the baseline of how much your cost input you'll get back. Every 14.3% Efficiency nets you a 1% TT return improvement.

DPP and DPS are also super important. That 10-20% increase in DPP means you can hunt 10%-20% longer with the same amount of peds.

Anyways...my two cents. And Evey is right, obviously the seller isn't expecting to get 500k...

500k in weapon, 50k in amp, 100k in armor, 50k in plates, 100k in rings, 50k in healing tools, ???k to get to lvl 100 looter profession ===

+1 Million peds investment to get the best of the best and HOPE to make a PROFIT by HUNTING 12 hours / day.

With 1 million u can buy deeds, a mothership, healing, beauty, coloring/texturing, trading and whatever other more safe services to make some peds. Hell, invest in all, u have enough with 1 million.

Placing all the money in 1 place never was a good idea. Market changes too often and we all know that, so dont cry if your 450k mod fap drops to 50k in several years.

Its obvious that the ones defending this post or they have a weapon and want to sell it for 500k or they have a friend that wants to sell it.

On the other hand, please EVERYONE invest 1 MILLION to get the best of the best in 1 ACTIVITY so that the economy theoretically raises.

Oh, I forgot to count another million Peds in AMMO to have steady returns ! Thats 2 million Peds :)

500k in weapon, 50k in amp, 100k in armor, 50k in plates, 100k in rings, 50k in healing tools, ???k to get to lvl 100 looter profession ===

+1 Million peds investment to get the best of the best and HOPE to make a PROFIT by HUNTING 12 hours / day.

With 1 million u can buy deeds, a mothership, healing, beauty, coloring/texturing, trading and whatever other more safe services to make some peds. Hell, invest in all, u have enough with 1 million.

Placing all the money in 1 place never was a good idea. Market changes too often and we all know that, so dont cry if your 450k mod fap drops to 50k in several years.

Its obvious that the ones defending this post or they have a weapon and want to sell it for 500k or they have a friend that wants to sell it.

On the other hand, please EVERYONE invest 1 MILLION to get the best of the best in 1 ACTIVITY so that the economy theoretically raises.

Oh, I forgot to count another million Peds in AMMO to have steady returns ! Thats 2 million Peds :)
1 million or 1 trillion, doesn't matter. All are just numbers asked without backup.

Any real hunter or miner/crafter, if he really means what he say, he should present the numbers up for the audience in a log. Year log, month or what ever log he has to backup his "this is good invesment part". Else will be better to shut up already. That alone will filter 75% of all the comments in this thread...

There is no secret, just knowledge and skill as everything is open. EL open and people can see who hunts what. So don't come up and say secret. Hell, i even asnwer all of questions i get in PMs and help all best i can. yes i share my profit. Others should do same if they mean this fake sincereness to this community. Did i ever tell i hate 2 faced ppl? They know who they are and will comment sooner or later.

didn't mean ur comment, but generally to most comments in this thread.

pfff :poke:

I miss the days when you could loot UL items very often and very rare ones once in a while.
How are people supposed to get gear that no longer drops buy it, no thank you I would rather stop playing and put my cash into another game.

This has turned into a game for the rich and not for everyone these days.
Dude, you joined 2006, even earlier than me, so you know this exact comment (or near copies) can be found on this very forum in historical threads going back since even then.

So either you have a lousy memory, or you're just trolling.

Same thing with 99.9% of the arguments here. Just recycling the same arguments I've been reading since 2008.
Same story, same thing. Nothing different.

Lets bann all resellers from using calytrade and trade Chat!!!

This will bring back prices to normal
I call it : forced bubble demolition

[System] you have gained 200.000 in hate
[System] you have gained a new rank
"Hated by resellers"

It's just a game guys, if you're rich you buy nice cars, if ya poor like me you buy a shit car. How people spend their money isn't my business. As for traders, if they spending hours trading for an extra 100 bucks or 200 bucks and manage to sell it, as they do it ethically let them be....

Unless you're grinding 8+ hours a day those high eff high DDP items wont save you much. Even so if U can afford 50k or whatever in a game I'm sure making $1 saving here and there won't mean anything to you. Tbh personally if I could afford 50k in a game i wouldn't be playing games lol..

1 million or 1 trillion, doesn't matter. All are just numbers asked without backup.

Any real hunter or miner/crafter, if he really means what he say, he should present the numbers up for the audience in a log. Year log, month or what ever log he has to backup his "this is good invesment part". Else will be better to shut up already. That alone will filter 75% of all the comments in this thread...

There is no secret, just knowledge and skill as everything is open. EL open and people can see who hunts what. So don't come up and say secret. Hell, i even asnwer all of questions i get in PMs and help all best i can. yes i share my profit. Others should do same if they mean this fake sincereness to this community. Did i ever tell i hate 2 faced ppl? They know who they are and will comment sooner or later.

didn't mean ur comment, but generally to most comments in this thread.

pfff :poke:
This is the only post that makes sense to me as an investor. Everywhere else I might decide to invest 25-50k, I have a lot of information on how I can gain and how I can lose on it. This lets me make an informed decision on whether or not I wish to invest. I simply do not wish to spend that kind of money to conduct a test, and I am sure there are many others who would agree. If people do not wish to show you how they printed money with the weapon, then it is all just hearsay. Also, who wants to get rid of a money making gun ? - The people who know that by selling in the current market they will make much more than they ever could through years of grinding with the weapon non stop.

This is the only post that makes sense to me as an investor. Everywhere else I might decide to invest 25-50k, I have a lot of information on how I can gain and how I can lose on it. This lets me make an informed decision on whether or not I wish to invest. I simply do not wish to spend that kind of money to conduct a test, and I am sure there are many others who would agree. If people do not wish to show you how they printed money with the weapon, then it is all just hearsay. Also, who wants to get rid of a money making gun ? - The people who know that by selling in the current market they will make much more than they ever could through years of grinding with the weapon non stop.
Amen to this ;)

:)

1) i have no skin in the game so not defending this, just saying prices are only absurd until people stop paying them.

2) inb4 motherships 3x, CLDs 5x, and healing tools 10x

(selling shrooms 500/ea)

its funny that the barcelona football player wasnt mentioned in this thread :))

From 5 pages I only learned that stonks only go up!

What about new L weapons with good eff in the hunting loot?

Hunting loot need a revamp asap!

we have no markup because too many items drop in loot as is. We should double shrapnel output and cut oils/hides/L gear drop rates in 1/2

You have to be very careful in this game with markup and hype. I have been burned a few times where the FOMO effect drives prices up on some pretense that there is a limited supply and MindArk changes the rules and floods the market. Examples for me were the UL tree harvesters which started dropping to become ubiqetous, an UL ring with HP, 14kPED down to 150PED value...I was bummed for a few days there.

The high end and actually rare weapons will always command a high price. Those who want them will pay the asking price. It's kinda like buying a house in a wealthy suburb. The land and house are no different to those in the outer city suburbs, but if you want carry the label of a certain suburb name and address and live near other wealthy people, you have to pay the price.

I have been in this game since 2009, seen many things, but the one thing I know for sure is that the economy is always unstable and only deposit in this game what you can afford to lose.

Back