ok ok 103 to 104 10 days so 104 to 105 9 days.... seems fair :p

Animal 60, Mutant 54, Robot 41

Kaiser Kaiser Soze

Animal - 56
Mutant - 39
Robot - 27

Drake Slade Corbett - 48 Animal Looter / 41 Mutant Looter / 26 Robot Looter

YoePsA4.png

Interesting thread and let me ask a question to you dedicated looter grinders. Obviously most will grind to get those 60 unlocks and Scientist is awesome but what is the motivation after that? Do you think going from 60-80 was important? Anyone feel like going from 80-100 had a bigger impact?

Do you ladies and gentlemen take looter skills like perception no matter what after 60 because you feel at some point you will hit the promised land? I guess I just don't feel the need to continue to stack perception and these skills since I have no more looter unlocks left and was curious on your motivation and results.

Thanks

i believe in looter affecting returns so i have a "looter build"
Perception > anatomy > alertness cor codex type 1.2.3
analysis for codex type 4
one day i will get 100 looter... one day we all will........ JBK hitted already :)

i believe in looter affecting returns so i have a "looter build"
Well that's fine and most do up to 60 for the unlocks. I was looking for more than "I believe" though and feedback on players journey and motivation above and beyond.

Perception > anatomy > alertness cor codex type 1.2.3
analysis for codex type 4

Right which is fine but to what point. I guess this is just trying to find some personal motivation and reconsider my goals focus. I have a lot of skill goals and for me I skilled Analysis naturally from my crazy harvesting have over 4,400 so I take Heavy weapons for HP instead which allows me to focus on Gunner in space to get all the space HP skills more efficiently. I try to skill everything.

I just hit 8,000 Perception so now feeling kinda meh about pumping it more. Which is why I felt like asking in this thread. I think at this time I'd much rather focus on my other goals and pump other skills. Obviously each player is different and has different goals. Just wanted to hear from the hardcore looter grinders why they keep going and if their motivation to reach these heights has actually paid off. Do I really want to get to 9k or 10k perception or more? Should I consider taking the specialized looter codex options at some point? Or just skill those naturally like I am. Just throwing some discussion out there to think about.

John Black Knight - 112 Animal Looter / 104 Mutant Looter / 75 Robot Looter

@Abomb: Looter benefits are an ongoing process improving ever so slightly your average TT returns, but while the improvements are very tiny above lvl100 there is also an impact of reduced volatility due to getting balanced faster - this allows you at very high skills a certain 'freedom of choice' in your weaponry selection where you are not bound by efficiency choices.
Aside from that - due to the nature of various mob spawns and types it is easier to raise animal looter then robot looter and hencefor can be a valid way to raise robot looter over sideskills before hunting them extensively without efficiency gear.
In the nearterm it is always a great way of balancing hunting runs to make sure you spent the majority hunting turnover on the mob type of your best looter profession and then work inbetween on raising the lower ones and when you see returns starting to dive below the usual fluctuations switch back to using your best looter prof.

EDIT:
Hunting is always a competition between all hunters, especially those on the same mob spawn/type and the gear/skills as well as hunting intensity they bring to the challenge. Your professions and gear may give you some expected longterm average results but your nearterm and midterm results are heavily impacted by your choices where and when to hunt and whom to compete with and in that competition it does matter if one has looter lvl 60/80/90/110 or 130+

Last edited:
Hunting is always a competition between all hunters, especially those on the same mob spawn/type and the gear/skills as well as hunting intensity they bring to the challenge. Your professions and gear may give you some expected longterm average results but your nearterm and midterm results are heavily impacted by your choices where and when to hunt and whom to compete with and in that competition it does matter if one has looter lvl 60/80/90/110 or 130+

Most probably the looter level still count for shared loot above 100 too, so peoples with higher looter above 100 still improving their return after their cost on shared mobs.

Drake Slade Corbett - 55 Animal Looter / 48 Mutant Looter / 31 Robot Looter

8hHTapS.png

Update!

animal 67
mutant 60
robot 46

Angela Draniie Cloud

Animal Looter: 30
Mutant Looter: 25
Robot Looter: 21

Back