Gold rush rules problematics (Arkadia)

jetsina

Elite
Without wanting to waste too much time with !"§$%&/:
the new gold rush is open for a month and claims - "Total score will be calculated based on total accumulated score." That statment is quite frankly sloppiness of one of the highest orders I can think of. BASED ON? WTF is that supposed to mean? Logically, if that is the only criterion, then it cannot even mean the average score per hour or so, which many people would expect.
If the gold rush favours the highest number of hours played (for any given dps), then sensible people will not even join in the first place, at least not with any hope of winning a placement prize...

Give clarity NOW please, Ark Devs, on that most simple of concepts: what the winners will have done to beat others!

Without more info on that (totals or averages or whatever else) we cannot even assess taking part in different categories. I assume we can only join one cat. Will we be able to cancel and join another? How many times before disqualification (if this is like other events in the universe)?

"Total score will be calculated based on total accumulated score."..........

Its kind a simple :) u hunt for 1month 24/7 and have a chance to win it!

BOTRUSH 2021 is going live in less than 12h :D good luck

this event is made only for booters and multiple acount players so ..... other ppl no chance

You'd expect anything less from Arkadia, the planet where the mods of the forums post maybe once every 3 months or less, and the devs really don't want to be there at all since they have other things to do with their other scammy projects related to cryptocrap?

At least they are doing something and have the codex installed, which is more than we can say about another planet owner that posts jokes on forums about being asleep.

if just arkadia had an economy would be a dreamland

Maybe they launched this event to give Calypso caves a break.

First view of the gold rush annoucement thread i can see it made in RUSH creating lots of confusions .

Looking at previous event threads i guess it will be normalized score .

Many have asked to clear the confusioon but they are too lazy to respond :D

This time they havent mentioned about skill pills too.

Some funny comments :). Yes, participants may have to be either in BOTRUSH or get 'BOTRASH' ;)

The sad thing is how quickly they one from being such a great planet partner to absolute trash tier.

Rules were always the same just that people always read it differently just like any other official note.

"Total score will be calculated based on total accumulated score."..........

Its kind a simple :) u hunt for 1month 24/7 and have a chance to win it!

BOTRUSH 2021 is going live in less than 12h :D good luck

"Gold" because it's made for C3PO 🤪

Rules were always the same just that people always read it differently just like any other official note.
when they come out and say ""Total score will be calculated based on total accumulated score." ... there is only one way to readi it m8!

also its great they actualy changed it to a "Total score will be calculated based on hourly point averages to derive each participant's 20 hour normalized points.

Yes, rules 'changed' - or at least the descriptions, as stated by robber... ;)

Now we just need to know if we can cancel and restart a certain number of times, among other things to test mob strengths!!! (not just 5k luck thing...).

Great, gonna head over there then, had alread, resigned myself to not participate cuz of the unL time thingy. Cool beans!

Thx for posting this here btw, ark forum is kind of a mess, or im stupid, probably the later xD

Cheers

Sooo...any1 that can tell me how to make a working bot? ^^ Nah im way to stupid to even make it work. Having problems with pressing F so i leave that shit up to the usual peeps.

Yes, rules 'changed' - or at least the descriptions, as stated by robber... ;)

Now we just need to know if we can cancel and restart a certain number of times, among other things to test mob strengths!!! (not just 5k luck thing...).
No limit on amount of times you can cancel it apparently.

Hi Alaina, yes, indeed. It is a rule situation well known to players, so if it isn't mentioned then I expect anyone to be able to cancel and restart at any times of their choosing. It's one month long, so even moderate 10-hrs per day types (moderate for an event) might wish to cancel and go for a higher average more than a dozen times, change category, whatever.
It means more turnover from people who believe they have a low average and thus restart the clock. I'm fine with that!
It still gives an edge to botters that can try for good luck more often, but combatting bots should be more an EU thing than pps.
GL!
Oh, it might be nice to have some kind of pill tracker from the different cats, but maybe we will get our own ideas of what to expect quite quickly anyway :)

Under perfect conditions , you can complete Gold Rush 35 times.

Hi Alaina, yes, indeed. It is a rule situation well known to players, so if it isn't mentioned then I expect anyone to be able to cancel and restart at any times of their choosing. It's one month long, so even moderate 10-hrs per day types (moderate for an event) might wish to cancel and go for a higher average more than a dozen times, change category, whatever.
It means more turnover from people who believe they have a low average and thus restart the clock. I'm fine with that!
It still gives an edge to botters that can try for good luck more often, but combatting bots should be more an EU thing than pps.
GL!
Oh, it might be nice to have some kind of pill tracker from the different cats, but maybe we will get our own ideas of what to expect quite quickly anyway :)

What is the point of abandoning and starting again if it's the total time spent in instances that is taken into account to calculate the average over 20 hours ? :unsure:

It should be this total time that is taken into account.
And who knows.
Hopefully the time counter won't be bugged, dream on.. :rolleyes:

But in this case, how does it work for people who will compete in several categories ?

Again the rules seems weak to me..
And if it's a big mess in the end, I wouldn't be suprised, would you ? ;)

What is the point of abandoning and starting again if it's the total time spent in instances that is taken into account to calculate the average over 20 hours ? :unsure:
..because some people will want to start off on a high average by having luck on 5ks early on in first few hours and then stop at 20 hours. If they don't get a good start they will restart. That seems to be the tactic ;)

It is at least now clear that it is the hourly average for however long you do in total above 20 hours, multiplied by 20. Also clear that you can restart as often as you wish, says Dylan apparently (not got a link). He just stresses that cancelling a run will lose the points gained up to that point (which is fine).

I think we will only be able to have one category open at a time, so can test to decide which to go for 20+ hours on by cancelling any test whenever we like, and then starting for real.. it's one month, so plenty of time to try out cats 2,3 and 4 for what you prefer...

I'd say he has clarified the rules fine just about in time, but we could have done without the to and fro ;).

It is at least now clear that it is the hourly average for however long you do in total above 20 hours, multiplied by 20. Also clear that you can restart as often as you wish, says Dylan apparently (not got a link). He just stresses that cancelling a run will lose the points gained up to that point (which is fine).

What ?

If abandoning the mission reset your points and your time, then the 20 hours average rule makes non sense, and is absolutely useless..

And so indeed Gratz in advance to biggest PED cards and best bots of Entropia, as usual. ;)

#eSport :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm just disappointed they promised a mining/crafting part of the event and then just completely ignored it.

index.php

Source: http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/gold-rush-2021.15455/
This isn't at all what y'all are describing.

I got a 1hr 100% pill from 105 mins in cat 2 from a female mag so far. Not sure about the cryptic clue we got to observe the statues + how much of what to give for something. I didn't explore the island, though, if we have to go and find an npc or something...

If you abondon! By acciendent! Oh no! :rocket:

Standards these days are quite up there! :banana: Did someone just droooorppeed the cccat on theiir keyyyybored to fillz in the blanskets?

KOBsm1X.png

(edit) oh... and... I'm confused... which one is it again? :unsure:

2U0HYxO.png

From Dylan
"Please remember to obtain the quest from the Gold Rush Quest giver at : [Arkadia, 11213, 9674, 248, Waypoint] and not the IFN terminal."

Back