Suggestion: need more tier comps!

should tier comps be added to seasonal boxes?

• yes!

• no!

• i dont care either way!

• everything is perfectly balanced!

Results are only viewable after voting.

infamousH4

Old Alpha
Society
Hardcore
h4mmer 4nd s1ckle
we the people who spend ridiculous amounts of time and money in this game but who still have armors at tier 2.99 and medical kits at tier 2.99 after 7-8 years now, we want to ask these developers to add more tier comps to the game!

before you starving entropians all start crying about your precious mark up and sharing your sad stories about how you are expected to feed your family if few more tier comps appear in game, let me just say im not asking for easy fix here that would rain tier comps, just hear me out :D
keep your waves as they are, and only drop 2 peds of whatever tier comps per every two weeks or whatever genius loot algorhythm you have set up, im not asking to change that.

AT LEAST PUT SOME TIER COMPS IN SOME SEASONAL BOXES??

that will give us unlucky people at least some reason to open boxes, i mean cmon how many more years do you expect me to wait around before i can tier my armor to T3??

think the armor tiering stuff needs to be rebalanced.

either lower materials needed to tier armor or increase materials in game so tier comps are not 800% and most minerals should be easy to collect or separate tier comps in to 3 categories.. Tool Tier comps, Armor Tier Comps and Weapon Tier comps.
like many LOW TT armors such as Angel, gorgon and cyrene armors only needs 10% of materials that armors like Protector of the Empire requires to tier up. protection of Angel and PotE armors are very similar so why does PotE require 90% more of materials?? makes 0 sense.

:twocents:

Last edited:
I voted no to boxes but would like to see spawn rates increased. Giving players better access to tiering their gear is only a good thing. More cycling, more enhancer breakage, more demand for mats to craft them.
Mindark made some good decisions paying back the TT for enhancers and tiers and adjusting the break rates. We are on the right track.

No. Boxes shouldn't drop hunting loot. Instead they should make it so tier components drop at the same rate universe wide like it does currently on arkadia. Arkadia drops aprox on avg 100 tier components per 10,000 ped cycled. I haven't tested much on calypso but I feel it's way less on Calypso/other planets than that. Tip: If you wanna drop enough of them to tier your armor go hunt pandi on arkadia you'll do it much faster than on calypso.

Yes we need more tier components, no not in boxes!!

Well that would be a big middle finger to basically everybody.
actually it'd just be a few less lines overworked programmers trying to create a workable system that uses a new game engine would have to type out.

we're not done discussing this yet.. the number of tier comps in game is ridiculously low..
id like to use my scenario as an example.. i have armor tier 2.99, med kit tier 2.99
my med kit has been at tier 2.99 for over 7 years!!!

i would need 8000 tier 3 comps to upgrade.. thats 1 person for 1 tier upgrade..
does the balancing manager think we're all gonna live till the age 300? how many life times will i need to collect these components?

we're not done discussing this yet.. the number of tier comps in game is ridiculously low..
id like to use my scenario as an example.. i have armor tier 2.99, med kit tier 2.99

does the balancing manager think we're all gonna live till the age 300? how many life times will i need to collect these components?
the goal is to get people who has ton of money to waste to deposit and turn the wheel of economy, so basically whoever tier up stuff is a sheep.

Nobody in this thread seems to think of hoarding (by resellers). Not so long ago someone in PCF offered 2-3k each of tier 3,5,6,7,(8?). Since there seems to be a fixed amount of things in the game perhaps that is the only explanation. MA might feel that just adding a lot of Tier components would hurt balancing.
But believe you me, I have the same problem, I need 3k+ T4 to tier my gun. After almost a year of collecting I have around 80!

We need more mechanisms to burn materials. Auction buying is going on but its not enough.

been said this request before here:

and some interesting opinions also

i said no for boxes, but yes for more comps in game,

beside that i think 7x 2k / tier ( tt only + imagine the MU from T3->T10 ) for my mod shadow will make it, absurd. no matter what

if a gun is one set of components + materials for tiering, an armor is 7 times that , insane

late edit:
because is no predictability, i can only imagine how some ppl felt to see the guns and armors like angel / jag / boar / vigi were tiered up for MU and cost that was never recovered.

Predictability is stability in any economic system

Last edited:
But believe you me, I have the same problem, I need 3k+ T4 to tier my gun. After almost a year of collecting I have around 80!
Then you hunt the wrong mobs.
Even with my pea shooters and wrecking 2,85 DPP I loot around 10 x T4 comps per hour.

If you farm he correct mobs then tier drops are ok. I am tiering my ML-35 adjusted to tier 5, I think i will have collected all the comps I need by the time the upgrade is ready. However, this does mean grinding the shit out of feffs until the gun is ready to tier up

@ moondog i disagree, saving items for personal use just means that you do not cash int eh markup but use for yourself.
apart the fact that for your loot it has 100 ped impact and not 700, if you would sell at 700% to other that is the effect on
the total market.
dropping 7x the actual drops would bring the price to 105 like for socket comps
is really that what you want?
i prefer to pay (in case i want) some more to tier, but i tier ONCE, i can sell tier componenet 100 times.....
crushing even more the poor MU pool of any hint would make all the system worse.

@ OP. i casted NO for boxes, tehose already have a break even of 2.14 ped or so, are sold for 1 ped more each,
let ppl loot some mayhem amps that some poor math player buy at insane price... maybe they can recoup cost of box....

If you farm he correct mobs then tier drops are ok. I am tiering my ML-35 adjusted to tier 5, I think i will have collected all the comps I need by the time the upgrade is ready. However, this does mean grinding the shit out of feffs until the gun is ready to tier up
Do you sell it by any chance? I am looking for one

At PreyNaika, sorry it' s not for sale, it is my favourite weapon, I even prefer it to my Enigma L4 which was a lot more expensive, even though it is Tier 8. Personally I don't thing it should be that easy to Tier Weapons Up, however armour is a different matter. As you require 7 x the comps for each upgrade, this becomes ridiculous in costs. I have 4 sets of armour all at tier 2.99 or 3.99. I will try to tier more parts up to tier 4 now that I have done my ML 35 and dont need the tier 4 comps anymore. Maybe reduce the number of components required for each piece, personally I think the upgrade costs for the armour should be similar to a gun at each level

Last edited:
You have to calculate what a 24 hour hunt will produce of tier comps.

Drop more tier comps and the really hardcore grinders who cant grind more than 24 hours a day will be mad :) As it will reduce their profit margin alot.

Hunting 24 hours a day and u get quite nice amount of tier comps.

one of my armor pieces takes more materials to tier than your adj ML35.

here are my solutions to this..

1. remove the numbers from tier components.. instead of have tier 1-10, just have tiering components that can be used to tier any one of the 10 tiers.

option 2

2. Separate the tier component by having specific tier comps just for weapon that cannot be used on armor or tool. same for armor tier comps that can only be used to tier armors and not for weapons and tools. and same for tool tier comps that cannot be used on weapons or armor.

one of my armor pieces takes more materials to tier than your adj ML35.

here are my solutions to this..

1. remove the numbers from tier components.. instead of have tier 1-10, just have tiering components that can be used to tier any one of the 10 tiers.

option 2

2. Separate the tier component by having specific tier comps just for weapon that cannot be used on armor or tool. same for armor tier comps that can only be used to tier armors and not for weapons and tools. and same for tool tier comps that cannot be used on weapons or armor.
can I have ESI at the TT to. I think it's unfair that it cost more for me to chip out skills than those who have less skills.

An alternative suggestion if I may to your box drop idea:

Have tier components drop from Mayhem mobs - tiers 1 - 10 according to each category accordingly.

I think we need more loot in Mayhem then just shrapnel and output amplifiers.

Fingers crossed something like this will happen in the upcoming Mayhem rework.

can I have ESI at the TT to. I think it's unfair that it cost more for me to chip out skills than those who have less skills.
feel free to make a thread about ESI drop rates this one is for tier comps :D

feel free to make a thread about ESI drop rates this one is for tier comps :D
can't we just have everything with over 150% MU top either be in boxes or drop from TT so it's not so expensive? Then we only need one thread to :p

all reduces to the fact that we lack better items
Tiering is a bad way to increase DPS for a weapon
applying enhancer
1. reduce DPP (according to MA DPP influences loot composition, the higher the better)
2. add cost according to enhancer break rate (each one breaks we loose (220%) 96 pec
being enhancer break influenced from decay, the more we add the more ped are cycled
the more we break.
for armors i agree, tiering up an armor cost much due to the fact that it is 7 pieces
benefit of tier up on less than top armor is really modest so the tiering is for top armor
that require outrageous number of components.
but tiering "should" gove access to more "money making mosnter fights" .
if this is not the case i cant see the point to tier. if this is the case, just it is a "front payment
for future markup benefit".

Following the pervert logic of the OP, we should crush all MU to zero
so everyone has access to all. that can be good to me,
i could back also to have drop over ammo and have items that sale for zero to TT
and even more pay a fixed amount per month to game and not have real economy
this would be another game tho.

as a second point the fixed amount rate of items is WRONG should be percent drop rate
without control of supply from MA side
and disclosed drop rate, so we know that not only "common" but specific mosnter drop
tier x at 1.17% average rate. so we can know how many instances to expect.
moreover no WAVES of tier components, so every minute some drops.
i am to remove the rebalancing team and have a fixed formula for drops because
MA has too much control on supply and can alter the economy too much.

Nut it is not my game, so i need to play with the rules of the house.
and we have people that buy Tiers and storage them to keep prices high
we have resellers that stock UL items to rig prices high and corner value of items
we have account sharing that produice loot 24/7 and crush markup of oils
we have multiaccount that craft loots produced and crush mu on (L) items
the economy is that of a banana republic, we had also cases of corruption in the
government in other times.

The system is flawed by lack of demand, due the very small playerbase
and the pyramid of the game is moving up
it creates demand of better itemms, more powerful tools
and as you kill no one buy your loot due now more player have access to it
look at oils.
now also spleen and heart are faleln in price due more people can compete
to loot those...... natural evolution of the skill growth.

all the problems should be settled with fresh ppl inflow.
let's pray for the Epic game store to drive more ppl in game.

as per boxes, on my experience that is small, opening about 3000, the return
is average 2.08 Ped so all paid above is a statistical loss.
and being it a statistical loss i stopped to open any and sold all i dropped
if priced over 2.10

same happens for loot. i lvoe that ESI have a good price and also extractors
and also tier comps. at least soem part of the loot is nto TT food.

remember that once you tiered your weapon, all the future tier drops
are for sure some gain for you.

Another suggestion that benefits the OP.

What about the people that actually go out looking for the MU? The people who don't waste their time overcomplicating and theorizing over an algorithm they have no control over anyway. Buddy listen, I got lots of tier 3s I don't see myself needing anymore. Throw a little dough around and maybe you find your solution.

all reduces to the fact that we lack better items
Tiering is a bad way to increase DPS for a weapon
applying enhancer
1. reduce DPP (according to MA DPP influences loot composition, the higher the better)
2. add cost according to enhancer break rate (each one breaks we loose (220%) 96 pec
being enhancer break influenced from decay, the more we add the more ped are cycled
the more we break.
for armors i agree, tiering up an armor cost much due to the fact that it is 7 pieces
benefit of tier up on less than top armor is really modest so the tiering is for top armor
that require outrageous number of components.
but tiering "should" gove access to more "money making mosnter fights" .
if this is not the case i cant see the point to tier. if this is the case, just it is a "front payment
for future markup benefit".

Following the pervert logic of the OP, we should crush all MU to zero
so everyone has access to all. that can be good to me,
i could back also to have drop over ammo and have items that sale for zero to TT
and even more pay a fixed amount per month to game and not have real economy
this would be another game tho.

as a second point the fixed amount rate of items is WRONG should be percent drop rate
without control of supply from MA side
and disclosed drop rate, so we know that not only "common" but specific mosnter drop
tier x at 1.17% average rate. so we can know how many instances to expect.
moreover no WAVES of tier components, so every minute some drops.
i am to remove the rebalancing team and have a fixed formula for drops because
MA has too much control on supply and can alter the economy too much.

Nut it is not my game, so i need to play with the rules of the house.
and we have people that buy Tiers and storage them to keep prices high
we have resellers that stock UL items to rig prices high and corner value of items
we have account sharing that produice loot 24/7 and crush markup of oils
we have multiaccount that craft loots produced and crush mu on (L) items
the economy is that of a banana republic, we had also cases of corruption in the
government in other times.

The system is flawed by lack of demand, due the very small playerbase
and the pyramid of the game is moving up
it creates demand of better itemms, more powerful tools
and as you kill no one buy your loot due now more player have access to it
look at oils.
now also spleen and heart are faleln in price due more people can compete
to loot those...... natural evolution of the skill growth.

all the problems should be settled with fresh ppl inflow.
let's pray for the Epic game store to drive more ppl in game.

as per boxes, on my experience that is small, opening about 3000, the return
is average 2.08 Ped so all paid above is a statistical loss.
and being it a statistical loss i stopped to open any and sold all i dropped
if priced over 2.10

same happens for loot. i lvoe that ESI have a good price and also extractors
and also tier comps. at least soem part of the loot is nto TT food.

remember that once you tiered your weapon, all the future tier drops
are for sure some gain for you.
first of all, i dont know about you but when i add dmg enhancers to my weapon the Efficiency goes up!
so maybe those ppl with low-med efficiency weapons dont need to tier their stuff..

second, my issue with tier comps is that there is not enough to go around, and its very obvious, and so people who dont have gear to upgrade see this as opportunity to add extra tax for the people who do own gear and are looking to tier.

and last, i find it strange that you point out many flaws with the game yet you expect me to pay these inflated MU prices in this broken economy, knowing damn well game is overran by exploiters, bots, alt avatars wave mining, pvp exploiters the list goes on.. but i guess all of that is balanced out by the high MU tier comps??

first of all, i dont know about you but when i add dmg enhancers to my weapon the Efficiency goes up!
so maybe those ppl with low-med efficiency weapons dont need to tier their stuff..

second, my issue with tier comps is that there is not enough to go around, and its very obvious, and so people who dont have gear to upgrade see this as opportunity to add extra tax for the people who do own gear and are looking to tier.

and last, i find it strange that you point out many flaws with the game yet you expect me to pay these inflated MU prices in this broken economy, knowing damn well game is overran by exploiters, bots, alt avatars wave mining, pvp exploiters the list goes on.. but i guess all of that is balanced out by the high MU tier comps??
Try to look at this from another perspective. What you really ask is that we should buy all needed materials from TT and sell all our loot there. Is this good or bad for the game?

Back