Question: What is the main reason for the inflated prices of high end weapons and gear

What is the reason behind the inflated prices?

• More people "working" from home during covid - prices will reverse when people get back to work

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • US stimi checks - prices will reverse when "free" money supply ends

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • A combination of the above - prices will reverse to some long term mean value

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Other reason - prices will reverse to some long term mean value

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Other reason - prices will continue higher

Votes: 48 45.3%

• Total voters
What will happen to the prices of high end stuff in the coming 6-12 month?

As long as there is demand the prices will probably stay where they are. EU is very cyclical in nature and has been since PE. There are certain times of the year when activity is really high and other times low. Mindark definitely keeps an eye on this since it affects money being spent in game. Speculation on digital items and high prices is nothing new its just now there are more items and people with bankrolls to afford and unfortunately store them. The jury is still out on the impact of Unreal 5, it may bring in more players but that is dependent on Mindark and the PPs and that seems like something that is more than 12 months out.

The digital culture has changed quite a bit in the last few decades and younger generations are more apt to attach real world value to digitally created content. I do remember a time when online dating was considered out of the box and now its pretty main stream. Same with items in PE/EU and SL at one time people thought it was nuts to pay that much for pixels now people don't even give a second thought to buy digital coins, nfts, and other content just to give their online avatar some bling. There is a huge wave of digital commerce these days the only question is Mindark positioning itself to ride it with the rest of the surfers.

some points are really interesting like "put more weapon if some dont shot from long time"
it happened recently with some UL dropped ... but it is what rebalancing team can do....
which is the best droppable item? easy to spot via WIKI sorting...

IMK2 and Tegretov (one dropped last month)

i recall at least 4 items in september, that is a big fresh wave of UL

i was looking at top 20 hunter ladder. i am sure that some use old school tools.
eff is hyped, 2.0 is hyped more. prices reflect it. as all market they will revet to mean
the real question is

WHERE is the mean? some item did not move much but in the range of
60.000-75.000 all FEN bigger items will find a floor
30.000-40.000 all modmerc will find buyers
30.000-40.000 chips will find buyers (jsut because MF is not hyped, they were last to rise

damn this thread is really intersting.... Robber your argument is
"penny wise and pount foolish"
MA does not care at all if we use Swine or if we use LP40
i think it is generally accepted that NO ONE can pass 100% return
on a stable basis

the real interest in MA is to see AS MUCH AMMO SHOT AS POSSIBLE
because every ped shot is 1 pec or 3 pec into MA pocket
and in case it is shot in a LA another 0...5 pec to LA owner
(that will pay to MA for event (yes ma is paid to track results)
for fertilizer, and so on.
Each caly born player will geenerate half of those incoem if shots
on outer planet and MA works to make interesting shooting on caly.

let's make an example
player 1 has 60effweaponj, get 96% return on his 10.000 ped cycle, loose to the global pool 4% some go to MA some go to rendom HOF pool
(yes MA does not pay for HOF, they are made up of some part of the decay, that accumulate in a jackpot (sorry for gambling lingo i cant see another word :) )
player 2 has a pedprinter badass money maker dream weapon, return 98.5% loose to the "house" 1.5%

if player2 cycle 10x player1 his 1.5% in abslute term is 15% of player 1

sorry for citing a name, JBK posted that as he was on a level spree he cycled 900k per month
1.5% on 900k ped is 13.500 ped expected loss with bes setup

player Marco cycle 90.0000 return 96% loose 3.600 ped (it is not lost, some go to skill manufacturing ofcourse)
if i had a bigger more performant tool could kill lmaybe 4x and would loose 5000 ped and maybe get some better drop that compensate it

so bigger more efficient weapons are int he baest interest of MA too
because players would not play with calculator on table
would play with cocacola or beer and know before that in a full day will expect to loose 20 dollar aerage
and the only idea is to check loot if there is some 201 ped markup to recoup
less varaicne morerelax more ped cycled more commissions for MA

regarding the sitting weapons, yes, no one oblige anyone to buy at high prices
that is why the usual 4 seller propose weapons over and over... those are not sold, just offered
sometime a rich fish eats the bait and one weapon sells.

i myself used a fen weapon, and got rid of it after some month (weak argo)
and added to the group that say "a FEN make you happy twice, as you buy it and as you sell it"

Rarity! Diamonds are very rare. Thats why diamonds are so very expensive. If MA drops 1000 Rare High end weapons, it will definitelly tank the price.

i myself used a fen weapon, and got rid of it after some month (weak argo)
and added to the group that say "a FEN make you happy twice, as you buy it and as you sell it"
i do agree on this when it comes to small dps guns.. as only reason u would invest in one is to skill up for a higer dps wepon u are looking for to skill into !
I am just afraid to type anything as u will reply with a 7page analysis of my coment :p

but facts stay the same Midnark wont flood EU with bunch of 2.0 wepons!

most players will never use a bp110 or bp130 though. no point making great prizes that are well outside the reach of players that you are trying to incentivize
And i always thought it was the weapon one wanted to use that gave a player the motivation to skill in its range...

Whats the point having super expensive mayhem vendor prizes that take years to save up for when you already skilled out of their range by the time you got there ?

Im using 1 of 2 BP-130 ingame and wouldnt switch it against any other weapon ingame, of course it requires that you lvl up your looter profs - there is no efficiency to rely on - some ubers may sell their efficiency weapons at some point when they feel rdy for just looter profs.

And i always thought it was the weapon one wanted to use that gave a player the motivation to skill in its range...

Whats the point having super expensive mayhem vendor prizes that take years to save up for when you already skilled out of their range by the time you got there ?

Im using 1 of 2 BP-130 ingame and wouldnt switch it against any other weapon ingame, of course it requires that you lvl up your looter profs - there is no efficiency to rely on - some ubers may sell their efficiency weapons at some point when they feel rdy for just looter profs.
For some players, what you are saying absolutely holds true. But you still need to understand that a lot of the players don't play at that high end. For a vast majority of players the bp130 will never be an option for them. The cycle and cost required even across an entire career of playing is just not an option for a vast majority of players.

As an exercise, what percentage of players do you think will ever reach level 130 in both hit and dmg to max something like the bp130?

10% ?

1?

I'd wager its closer to .01%.

Compare that to something like the BP70 or BC80.

Really great weapons and at a level that a lot more people are going to reach, and I'd say you're reaching closer to the 20% mark.

Do you think that motivating 20% of players is better for event participation or .01% of players?

A lot of players know they will never reach a 130 and have accepted the fact, instead of motivating them they just don't even see it as an option. Yet somehow decisions keep being made to appease the minority in that very top end.

The fact is that for 8 of the mayhem categories there are no ranged weapons left in the reward vendor that those players can use.

For some players, what you are saying absolutely holds true. But you still need to understand that a lot of the players don't play at that high end. For a vast majority of players the bp130 will never be an option for them. The cycle and cost required even across an entire career of playing is just not an option for a vast majority of players.

As an exercise, what percentage of players do you think will ever reach level 130 in both hit and dmg to max something like the bp130?

10% ?

1?

I'd wager its closer to .01%.

Compare that to something like the BP70 or BC80.

Really great weapons and at a level that a lot more people are going to reach, and I'd say you're reaching closer to the 20% mark.

Do you think that motivating 20% of players is better for event participation or .01% of players?

A lot of players know they will never reach a 130 and have accepted the fact, instead of motivating them they just don't even see it as an option. Yet somehow decisions keep being made to appease the minority in that very top end.

The fact is that for 8 of the mayhem categories there are no ranged weapons left in the reward vendor that those players can use.
There is tons of weapons for midrange players, top mayhem prizes tend to be for top event contenders which happen to be 'ubers' in their categories and when they 'upgrade' they usually sell what they have been using to that point which opens up more weapons for mid to high range.
I dont think that events like mayhem should hand out weapons to 'dominate' the field of low to midlvl hunters again and again, those need to be limited in numbers and they should be sold by their current owners when they move up to better gear.

they profit "indiirectly" when you USE the items and loose a part of the TT return hunting or mining
generally speaking seems that (apart marketing bullsh*t or local sinewave return) average loot for
hunt is 98% so on teh AVERAGE of the population 2% tax is taken by MA and that is its return.
remember that the percent is taken every time you shot, so it is a mergingale function of
(cost to kill * 0.98).
much of the rest is conspiration theory... but the function cn be marginally altered with some
special and costly items (rings, high eff items) but i am pretty sure that 99% is a hard cap
so also on caly with 82% Shrapnel yuou can not get over 99.8% and pay a piece of hamster food
game is deceiving, informations are not confirmed if not in general terms, rely on math functions
and consider that successful hunters are successful TRADERS find a buyer for the good loots)

you can not beat the game, you can beat the gamers
Yes, so MA's profit is the difference between the ammo expense and the loot return, which is always less than the ammo expense. I can't add weapon decay because a lot are limited, so no repair costs.

Yes, so MA's profit is the difference between the ammo expense and the loot return, which is always less than the ammo expense. I can't add weapon decay because a lot are limited, so no repair costs.
Limited item decay is treated no different. When you decay a 100TT gun you convert 100 ped into about 95 ped of loot. The net worth of your account is down 5 ped. MA will take a portion of their cut from here.

those need to be limited in numbers and they should be sold by their current owners when they move up to better gear.

This is probably the REAL point of the whole thread
being the game tied to economic power and ability of the gamer,
MANY times a midlevel weapon that suits the "ped per hour" & DPP of the owner is kept forever

on another message you pointed to the fact that eff is less and less important as looter level rises (and we all agree)
so weapon with higher eff/Dpp are even more important to skillup at lower cost.
if i am asked for 200.000 Ped to own one that statistically lead to 1.5% better return (IF IT EVEN DOES)
i just make a simple calculation 200.000 / 0.015 = 13.333.333 Ped to cycle to amortize the extracost
andas i skill up the amount lessen due to natural looter rise so probably 30% more ao over 17.000.000
of ped to cycle compared to a 20% lesser efficiency or a standard 65% with attachment item

you tell me if it is cheaper to cycle that amount and pick perception >anatomy>alertness in codex reward
and go directly to puch level and looter with a less performant weapon.......RCE, animal spirit, optimizing resources.......

then there is the Pyramid effect (would be interesting to know the real breakdown of playerbase)
(i try to guess based on other game experience)
10.000 player can use L30 weapon
5.000 can use level 60 weapon
2.000 can use level 80
1.000 can use level 100
100 can use level 130

This thread is about the 50% of playerbase that feel no alternative to ewe41, ozpyn hk, zorra, maddox4
to upgrade skilling 40 to 100 and look for a 3.05 base DPP weapon that does not exist except fen/mayhem

i apologize for so many number and never explaining how funny is to slice or shot a mob, i love it
but the theorycrafting is to me as funny as the combat part. (i use 65 to 73 eff in hunting)

then there is the Pyramid effect (would be interesting to know the real breakdown of playerbase)
(i try to guess based on other game experience)
10.000 player can use L30 weapon
5.000 can use level 60 weapon
2.000 can use level 80
1.000 can use level 100
100 can use level 130

This thread is about the 50% of playerbase that feel no alternative to ewe41, ozpyn hk, zorra, maddox4
to upgrade skilling 40 to 100 and look for a 3.05 base DPP weapon that does not exist except fen/mayhem

i apologize for so many number and never explaining how funny is to slice or shot a mob, i love it
but the theorycrafting is to me as funny as the combat part. (i use 65 to 73 eff in hunting)
I think the main pressure on midlvl weapon prices came from a large number of returning old players with higher skills who directly went into the mid to highlvl weapons segment and did not have to come from the bottom up again, thats what increased the spike in prizes and while it makes prices on weapons move faster i still think its a good thing that players who had basically left the game could return and pick up where they left - it gave a huge turnover boost to the game made alot more rare items drop which were sold by many players for nice extra mu and gave even more success stories to be told and aimed to be copied.

The trick is not to motivate the 20% of the players to stay in that range, but to motivate them to move towards the 130 group.
Given that the highest level player is around 350, the current buffs in the game increasing the DPS and cycle quite a lot, the codex, the 100% skill pills you can farm for thousands of hours, saying 130 is achieved only by .1% it's a lost bet from the start. And it's probably going to be .1% for level 200.
Level 130 is achievable in a year these days...

In order to have higher retention and activity players need events and fresh content but those can't be in every weekend otherwise it becomes common and not so desirable... we have that now. It's the same thing with the UL weapons, add a bunch every season and they will just become common, killing the old ones, killing the L markets and they definitely don't want that to happen.

We've been asking for content for high levels, that is difficult for years and now we have it and I think it's a good incentive by itself to want to skill up and up your game, not because the current RDI are so great, but the direction of the game seems to go towards expanding high level content even more.

Indeed, you can skill 10%/day with the skillpills, pretty easy if you take skillpills in this order.
10 hours 100%
5 hours 100%
1 hour 100%

You then skill with 300% increased skillboost (right?) which will get you up pretty fast. With 10%/day for 300 days that's 30 levels in a year for a level 70 player. That'll bring any "medium" player to level 100.

Playing at this level is not for everyone though.. What do you need for an "ok" setup these days:
20-???k weapon
10k Rings (ares perf + some other shit)
2-10k armor
10k Fap (mod 2600)
5k resto
2,5k divine

That's around 50k for average gear + another 50k for bankroll.

For a setup that's competing:
???k High DPS loot 2.0 weapon
???K additional - crit scopes/sights/clothes with buffs etc.
85k Rings (summer 20 + hw 20)
20-50k armor (angel+)
25k-80k Fap (imp hedoc+)
23k resto (imp resto)
2,5k divine

That's around 150k WITHOUT the weapon... Also, if you're shooting 2.5-4k ped in ammo per hour you'll need the bankroll for that too.

On topic regarding current weapon prices... It seems to me that some people just don't care about paying 10-20% (or more) above MU just to "have" the item.

They say there are are no shortcuts? Yes there are if you pay enough :)

Indeed, you can skill 10%/day with the skillpills, pretty easy if you take skillpills in this order.
Pretty sure you can skill-cocktail like that?
Best you can do is 30% 10h + 50% 5h + 100% 1h for a total of 180% I think.

For a setup that's competing:
???k High DPS loot 2.0 weapon
???K additional - crit scopes/sights/clothes with buffs etc.
85k Rings (summer 20 + hw 20)
20-50k armor (angel+)
25k-80k Fap (imp hedoc+)
23k resto (imp resto)
2,5k divine

That's around 150k WITHOUT the weapon...
Competing for what?

- you don't need scopes & sights really, it's not pure DPS events anymore, you can use pills
- L armor can do you well, Jaguar even is good in cat 10, but people prefer to pay 300% for mayhem and shadow limited while very good armors like spartacus, jaguar, tiger, they barely sell....
- resto 11 is as good as imp resto.
- divine is not a MUST, but you make some profit if you do adj resto then divine mission.
- rings - people are paying stupid amounts of peds without running the weapon compare tool to simulate the impact of that setup compared to other setups, half the price... in my case, I looted one and bought one with boxes. Yeah, very few people can loot one, ofc but there are seasonal 458 looted rings ingame + the ones on the website + perected ares (I won my first top even with perf ares) + I grinded my weapon.

Yup, there are shortcuts but there are also good results should you study the game and make the right decisions. I can cost you a ton, or nothing at all, or even profit as you progress...

Skill pills stacking goes for 140%.
I barely used 10% as I opened small amount of boxes in these years..

Pretty sure you can skill-cocktail like that?
Best you can do is 30% 10h + 50% 5h + 100% 1h for a total of 180% I think.
Woah! Do they stack?

Playing at this level is not for everyone though.. What do you need for an "ok" setup these days
Another "OK" setup:
3-6 K weapon (maddox adj or military adj)
2K rings (mod ares + reload helmet)
L Armor
5K resto
L FAP (don't use it that much when resto)

600 ped Viceroy armor (400TT) and 250 ped 5b go a LONG way
this sestup opens to kill until level 20 "animals" easy

500 PED IFN Prototype MK2 (Arkoin trader ZERO MU insane defense 30 impact)
and same robot defense as Bear (no dodge bonus) make me kill to level 35 robot with 6a
and this is also a 600 ped armor set

a simple 85b (20% extender bonus MF Implant for +20 ped last AGES)
and allow to heal with (L) Chips for a 4% effective MU or 0.2% extra cost

Armatrix under 110% and P20 extender allow to get 68 EFF with attachments
for 0.3% extra load) (7 ped MU for 2 hour shooting)

The real difference is to go for DPP Increase, in that case forget RELOAD boost
that is just to spend more.... the real key is Focused blow (Or critical rate)
a simple pill of 4 ped with 100 ped (L) rings that dont decay allow 1 hour of
7% damage boost cancelliugn all the previous overload

MATH, weapon compare V2
wiki has it all... top players give all these HINTS.... if need a spoil here it was

300 euro setup to grind all the way
no need for 50.000 Euro, keep your mercedes in garage .....

Last edited:
Limited item decay is treated no different. When you decay a 100TT gun you convert 100 ped into about 95 ped of loot. The net worth of your account is down 5 ped. MA will take a portion of their cut from here.
Sry, don't understand... When L items I used reached zero condition or near zero condition, I didn't see my ped balance go down.

Sry, don't understand... When L items I used reached zero condition or near zero condition, I didn't see my ped balance go down.
Your Ped balance went down when you purchased the gun. PED is temporarily tied up in the TT value of the weapon, which now technically becomes an asset. If you burn it up you no longer have the value in that asset anymore.

The trick is not to motivate the 20% of the players to stay in that range, but to motivate them to move towards the 130 group.
Given that the highest level player is around 350, the current buffs in the game increasing the DPS and cycle quite a lot, the codex, the 100% skill pills you can farm for thousands of hours, saying 130 is achieved only by .1% it's a lost bet from the start. And it's probably going to be .1% for level 200.
Level 130 is achievable in a year these days...

In order to have higher retention and activity players need events and fresh content but those can't be in every weekend otherwise it becomes common and not so desirable... we have that now. It's the same thing with the UL weapons, add a bunch every season and they will just become common, killing the old ones, killing the L markets and they definitely don't want that to happen.

We've been asking for content for high levels, that is difficult for years and now we have it and I think it's a good incentive by itself to want to skill up and up your game, not because the current RDI are so great, but the direction of the game seems to go towards expanding high level content even more.

I disagree, but trying to convince you otherwise seems a lost cause at this point.

RDI was a huge lost opportunity if you ask me. I hear that it is a great instance but there are such barriers that only such a tiny proportion of players will ever get to see it. Resources poorly spent if you ask me. There are better ways to handle content like that, but the current state of the of the instance missed an opportunity.

I stand corrected :) good for the discussion though haha, thanks for clarifying stuff for me

I disagree, but trying to convince you otherwise seems a lost cause at this point.

RDI was a huge lost opportunity if you ask me. I hear that it is a great instance but there are such barriers that only such a tiny proportion of players will ever get to see it. Resources poorly spent if you ask me. There are better ways to handle content like that, but the current state of the of the instance missed an opportunity.
I disagree man :)
All u need for RDI is 5-6guys with some mid lvl guns.. LR/LP 50+ Some L healing kits vivo125 as example... and Well Electric armor which cost 105% at most (maybe a bit more cuz tezla pet craze) .. And some Acid armor..I seen ppl hutning Kerbs in PERSIUS.. so if u take that armor to RDI willd do fine :)
A1 is definetly posible for majority of player base.. ofcoursse u cant walk in solo or not prepared u get smoked. But it is a TEAM insatnce. and its fun :)

B1 is a bit harder as mobs has more HP and they hit abit harder!

C1.. screww that that for ubers but then again :) something to motivate guys to skill for! for instance for me.. when we went to C1 i realise i am useless at repairing and could not help my team...

RDI can be done by a grp of any 6 people who registered into Entropia Universe 6 months ago, who are very well prepared, have a goal and know why they do what they do.For those who learn the game on rookie chat or after 10 years they are still level 30 kerberos is still at boreas and this game is a casino.
The game should implement mechanisms and incentives to make you level UP not DOWN,invest MORE, not less and ultimately and the most important to make you decide for yourself whats good for you or not.

In agreement with the above comments. I think there is somehow this sort of myth or rumour going around that RDI Secret labs are for certain players only. RDI can be done by most average players, with average gear. It just takes team work and not a solo pressing f instance. I'm certainly not uber, have ran a C1 with first timers in a team of 3.

C1 is incredible both in design and the way it encourages you away from the monotony of pressing F. For example in the generator room, I am nothing more than repair crew, hoping my team keep the mobs off my back. In the venting room, I find the adrenaline is through the roof as you try to remember not to shoot those damn volatiles and get back in that circle!

I can't see how its a bad thing to have engaging, fun content that both promotes the idea of working together, and requires actual game play. I know if I wasn't there yet to been ok enough to be in there already, It would certainly be something I would be aspiring towards . I am looking forward to the days when the other doors in the coliseum open up, then there may be even more to work towards.

Last edited:
Your Ped balance went down when you purchased the gun. PED is temporarily tied up in the TT value of the weapon, which now technically becomes an asset. If you burn it up you no longer have the value in that asset anymore.
Yea, I agree with you, but I already said - "Yes, so MA's profit is the difference between the ammo expense and the loot return, which is always less than the ammo expense. " I could just as easily have said '... the difference between the gun expense and the loot return...'.

Last edited:
RDI was a huge lost opportunity if you ask me.
Your playstyle is not in target maybe; going with a healer against some mobs is not somethign to do in RDI. In RDI you need a team (of even avg. players) with some strategy and coordination, nothing uber fancy.
There's nothing to convince me about, I really believe content is made with the intention of making players strive for end game, as it should be.

most players will never use a bp110 or bp130 though
pff :duh:

until they do, if i m afraid of a weapon stats is that bp-110imp

I always wonder why MA introduced NEW high end equipment rather than upgrade old outdated items making them viable again. (They did a few)

Back