New tracker version

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
Hello everyone.

Ive just, after 8 years, uploaded a new version of the tracker client.
Since ive got a new computer, and a new certificate to sign the application with, your computer might say its an "untrusted source". Please be adviced this is because of the new certificate/computer.

The old clients can no longer feed globals. So, we need you to update. If the system wont update it self, you can uninstall and reinstall using the "download link" on EntropiaLife.

Thank you.

The only thing that could be perfected is if we could select the new default time "." and location "," keys on the tracker.

Yeah... I just noticed that has been changed as well..
Actually.. a lot has been changed since I visited EU last... Quite a few things needs to be changed/updated in the client I see...

It still looked for "Your current location is" when looking for locations... so.. that has just been updated.. also the default location and time keys needs to be updated.

Ill sort that out later today. :)

Hi there. Just for clarity, does this mean that with currently 5 actives on Caly and just 1+1 elsewhere, globals presumably won't be tracked consistantly (or at all) for a while?
Also, I assume today had already started when you switched, so the USA players, for example, have already logged 25996 for NI, but that figure may now stay the same for the rest of the day. Correct? Also, for 'the record', Ark 13944 Cyr 9820 - we'll see if those move up during the day.

Hi there. Just for clarity, does this mean that with currently 5 actives on Caly and just 1+1 elsewhere, globals presumably won't be tracked consistantly (or at all) for a while?
Also, I assume today had already started when you switched, so the USA players, for example, have already logged 25996 for NI, but that figure may now stay the same for the rest of the day. Correct? Also, for 'the record', Ark 13944 Cyr 9820 - we'll see if those move up during the day.
Tracking will likely be "messy" today. But, in all fairness its been messy for quite some time. I'll likely update the client a few times today - its been like 5 years since i last looked at the code, so I need to go through quite a lot and see if it still "works" with the current version of EU. Everytime I see a bug, I fix it and update the client.
The changing of the default keys for time and location also needs to be updated, but the client _can_ work with that bug, so it wont be fixed until the critical bugs are gone.
(That being said, that bug is actually in part a reason why some crafting and mining globals hasent been showing on the site. Since the system dident know where a client was feeding from - it might have been disredarding some input from a client on arkadia since the system dident know where the client was feeding from.. so it might have thought "hey, i have enough data from calypso")

Great to see an update!

Any plans on making the tracker client open source or in some other way allow contributions and help from the rest of the community?

Great to see an update!

Any plans on making the tracker client open source or in some other way allow contributions and help from the rest of the community?
That would not be completely out of the question I think. It is SOAP based communication between the client and server. Perhaps we can make an open version of that so 3rd parties can send data to us. :)

You can already get data from us here:

With this client. Is the combat log ever going to get the entropia wiki added to replace the out dated entropedia, if it hasn't already?

Thanks, Starfinder for looking into the issues and getting an update rolled out.
I use the site daily and I'm sure most of the community do as well, so everyone will be excited to see it's being worked on.

is there a way to find out what is the latest client version (i.e., if you are updated)?

is there a way to find out what is the latest client version (i.e., if you are updated)?
If you restart the client, it will check if there is a new version. But, ive made it so that if your client reports a global, and its one of the old clients - it will trigger a restart of the client.. which will trigger a check to see if there a new versions available. :)

When I opened the program, it automatically asked me to download.

Also probably related to security certificate/trusted source I'm guessing, but Avast currently flags the program with idp.generic and quarantines it.

When I opened the program, it automatically asked me to download.

Also probably related to security certificate/trusted source I'm guessing, but Avast currently flags the program with idp.generic and quarantines it.
Yeah, I think its a certificate issue. I dont have a public bought certificate ive signed the application with - its just a visual studio generated certificate... im fairly sure AV's dont like that. But, I dont really want to spend money I dont have to.. hehe :)

It probably did update itself just fine.
What I meant is that it would be nice to say what version it is in the client news, like in the past
index.php

If you restart the client, it will check if there is a new version. But, ive made it so that if your client reports a global, and its one of the old clients - it will trigger a restart of the client.. which will trigger a check to see if there a new versions available. :)

It probably did update itself just fine.
What I meant is that it would be nice to say what version it is in the client news, like in the past
index.php
If you restart your client - it should say version 8.2.2.0 now. Both in news, and under "Account". :)

Yeah, I think its a certificate issue. I dont have a public bought certificate ive signed the application with - its just a visual studio generated certificate... im fairly sure AV's dont like that. But, I dont really want to spend money I dont have to.. hehe :)
Yeah, Avast has been a pain sometimes for LBML too. Usually people just need to whitelist the folder the program is in and Avast stops complaining.

How much would an official certificate cost? Maybe we can crowd-source the funding :)

Thank you for all that you do!

How much would an official certificate cost? Maybe we can crowd-source the funding :)

Thank you for all that you do!
I think we are looking at 200'ish USD/year. (Im not even sure Entropia Life makes that much profit in a year) But I'm not sure how it works when its a private individual that buys the certificate. Im usually doing it as a company entity. If its a big deal - im not sure it has been the last 10 years - I can look into it a bit more.

talking about certificates, SSL would be cool too - it is free these days just needs some setup / maintenance to keep renewed

I downloaded the latest client and my windows computer tells me My administrator has blocked this program. Funny, I'm the administrator and I can't get it to run.

Could you pull the combat log weapon data from entropiawiki instead of the old entropedia that doesn't work?

There is a problem with my installation. The tracker seems to expect wrong "home" folder for "my documents" when it tries to fetch chat.log. Does it use Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments like it should?
This seems to be caused by an account generated with a microsoft account (originally created c:\users\<msusername> folder), but later withdrawn to use local account (with different username, wich the tracker seems to address), where windows keeps the old microsoft account name.
Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log'.
File name: 'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
   at EntropiaTrackerSuite.MainWindow.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

There is a problem with my installation. The tracker seems to expect wrong "home" folder for "my documents" when it tries to fetch chat.log. Does it use Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments like it should?
This seems to be caused by an account generated with a microsoft account (originally created c:\users\<msusername> folder), but later withdrawn to use local account (with different username, wich the tracker seems to address), where windows keeps the old microsoft account name.
Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log'.
File name: 'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
   at EntropiaTrackerSuite.MainWindow.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Under setup - and Entropia Universe, you have to point it to the chat.log.
It dosent asume the chat.log is located in documents. (Im not sure why I made it like that - perhaps you could decide where to put that chat log in an old version of EU)

Could you pull the combat log weapon data from entropiawiki instead of the old entropedia that doesn't work?
I also asked this and got no reply or ignored 🤷‍♂️

I also asked this and got no reply or ignored 🤷‍♂️
Im not sure where I can find an XML or Json list of all weapons on that site, can you please direct me?

@Starfinder :
i dont know if this may help somehow, but you can export wiki's weapon lists to .cvs
i did this to always have the stats at hand, even when wiki is down.

Back