New tracker version

@Starfinder :
i dont know if this may help somehow, but you can export wiki's weapon lists to .cvs
i did this to always have the stats at hand, even when wiki is down.
Please restart your client. :)

It seems that Windows Defender ATP (not regular Windows Defender) on Windows 11 wants the code signed with a trusted root CA. I had to pull some strings to get it to install. Once installed ATP is detecting it as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program).

Win 11 is much more strict on its security requirements. Some of the coders on one of my teams started running into this when we started app redesigns during Win 11 alpha testing.

Just thought I would share the info I am not under NDA on.

It seems that Windows Defender ATP (not regular Windows Defender) on Windows 11 wants the code signed with a trusted root CA. I had to pull some strings to get it to install. Once installed ATP is detecting it as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program).

Win 11 is much more strict on its security requirements. Some of the coders on one of my teams started running into this when we started app redesigns during Win 11 alpha testing.

Just thought I would share the info I am not under NDA on.
Yeah - we might have to splurge on a certificate...

Please restart your client. :)
i get a separate popup on every new global now and i dont assume this is intended.

"Global reports increased, and showing."
"Inserted"

i get a separate popup on every new global now and i dont assume this is intended.

"Global reports increased, and showing."
"Inserted"
LOL.. whoops... sorry.. restart please.. :)

Yeah - we might have to splurge on a certificate...
I'm happy to donate of you need financial assistance to make that happen. Sadly, it will require an enhanced cert that has a USB key needed for code signing. Lmk if I can help.

This is what I am seeing after 30 minutes of play: (51 Windows)

index.php

Last edited:
This is what I am seeing after 30 minutes of play: (51 Winows)

index.php
If you restart the client, it should fix it (after an update - and the annoying warning message). :)

If you restart the client, it should fix it (after an update - and the annoying warning message). :)

I did update and am still getting the same.

Just restarted again and got another update. I will let you know how it goes.

@Starfinder :
i dont know if this may help somehow, but you can export wiki's weapon lists to .cvs
i did this to always have the stats at hand, even when wiki is down.
Edit: Nvm.. it works :D Yay! thanks starfinder. The dmg isn't showing tho so maybe the format has changed in the logs?

Last edited:
I think we are looking at 200'ish USD/year. (Im not even sure Entropia Life makes that much profit in a year) But I'm not sure how it works when its a private individual that buys the certificate. Im usually doing it as a company entity. If its a big deal - im not sure it has been the last 10 years - I can look into it a bit more.
I'v bought a code signing certificate (with extended validation) last year. The cheapest deal I could find was $798 for a three year certificate from Comodo. You need EV (extended validation), so that Windows trusts the program. And I don't think you will get one as a private individual.

I'v bought a code signing certificate (with extended validation) last year. The cheapest deal I could find was $798 for a three year certificate from Comodo. You need EV (extended validation), so that Windows trusts the program. And I don't think you will get one as a private individual.

I'm taking to Starfinder about it in DM. An OV might work as well.

I'm taking to Starfinder about it in DM. An OV might work as well.
An OV certificate will trigger the Windows Smartscreen Filter unless there is a huge installation basis. Microsoft has not declared how many installations are necessary for that. But I guess it will be a few thousands. I would offer to sign the client with my EV certificate, when Starfinder won't do updates every few days anymore.

I would offer to sign the client with my EV certificate, when Starfinder won't do updates every few days anymore.
I am no IT tekkie, but i assume this means a GREAT THANK YOU to you!
Kudos!

An OV certificate will trigger the Windows Smartscreen Filter unless there is a huge installation basis. Microsoft has not declared how many installations are necessary for that. But I guess it will be a few thousands. I would offer to sign the client with my EV certificate, when Starfinder won't do updates every few days anymore.

OV passes shark fine as long as it is from a root CA. Size of install base shouldn't make much if any difference. EV is probably needed if the code changes the system using elevated access. She is is not looking for elevated access to the system.

getting This program is already running error , and then it closes and i dont have it running ? @Starfinder

Last edited:
OV passes shark fine as long as it is from a root CA. Size of install base shouldn't make much if any difference. EV is probably needed if the code changes the system using elevated access. She is is not looking for elevated access to the system.

Have you tried it? I've talked explicitly about the Microsoft Smartscreen Filter. This is what ssl.com writes in their FAQ about it:

Microsoft SmartScreen Reputation​

According to Microsoft’s FAQ, its reputation-based SmartScreen filter “checks the files that you download against a list of files that are well known and downloaded by many people who use Internet Explorer. If the file that you’re downloading isn’t on that list, SmartScreen will warn you.”

Signing your code is not required to earn a SmartScreen reputation, but EV-signed code’s extra level of trust lets developers skip this hurdle altogether:
  • An EV code signing certificate offers an immediate reputation with Microsoft SmartScreen, so your users will never have to click through a SmartScreen warning in Windows.
  • With an OV certificate, SmartScreen reputation must be built organically, as users download and install your files. SmartScreen warnings may occur until enough software proves sufficiently popular with Windows users for SmartScreen to view it as “well known.”
Unfortunately, Microsoft does not publish guidelines on what constitutes enough downloads to eliminate SmartScreen warnings. Microsoft has also indicated in the past that signing code is a “best practice” that you “can follow to help establish and maintain reputation for your applications.”

https://www.ssl.com/faqs/which-code-signing-certificate-do-i-need-ev-ov/#smartscreen

I've had a problem for a while now & stopped using 'Tracker', I updated it & I still have the same problem .......... when 'Tracker' takes a screenshot of gobals/hofs, the pic is completly black (in any format)... any idea's on how to get around this??

Rookie

Have you tried it? I've talked explicitly about the Microsoft Smartscreen Filter. This is what ssl.com writes in their FAQ about it:

Microsoft SmartScreen Reputation​

According to Microsoft’s FAQ, its reputation-based SmartScreen filter “checks the files that you download against a list of files that are well known and downloaded by many people who use Internet Explorer. If the file that you’re downloading isn’t on that list, SmartScreen will warn you.”

Signing your code is not required to earn a SmartScreen reputation, but EV-signed code’s extra level of trust lets developers skip this hurdle altogether:
  • An EV code signing certificate offers an immediate reputation with Microsoft SmartScreen, so your users will never have to click through a SmartScreen warning in Windows.
  • With an OV certificate, SmartScreen reputation must be built organically, as users download and install your files. SmartScreen warnings may occur until enough software proves sufficiently popular with Windows users for SmartScreen to view it as “well known.”
Unfortunately, Microsoft does not publish guidelines on what constitutes enough downloads to eliminate SmartScreen warnings. Microsoft has also indicated in the past that signing code is a “best practice” that you “can follow to help establish and maintain reputation for your applications.”

https://www.ssl.com/faqs/which-code-signing-certificate-do-i-need-ev-ov/#smartscreen
Yes, this Is what I do for a living. I'm part of the Microsoft Advanced Products Preview program as part of my job. I am in charge of ms products deployments for a multi billion dollar multi-national conglomerate and work with product development and engineering teams at MS for things such as Azure, O365, and other products I can't discuss due to NDA.

I've had a problem for a while now & stopped using 'Tracker', I updated it & I still have the same problem .......... when 'Tracker' takes a screenshot of gobals/hofs, the pic is completly black (in any format)... any idea's on how to get around this??

Rookie
That sounds similar to the black screen problem some people have with LBML. Usually it happens with people that have multiple monitors, and are especially running them on different graphics cards. Usually people need to play around with their display settings such as having all monitors on one card (no on-board motherboard graphics), disabling a monitor, etc. to see if anything changes.

Kudos to @Starfinder for being a super good sport!

Welcome back!

starkiller thanking starfinder, makes sense :D

Deleted

Last edited:
I downloaded the latest client and my windows computer tells me My administrator has blocked this program. Funny, I'm the administrator and I can't get it to run.
i have this issue to :(

I can't get the globals to work properly - Screenshoots. They do not save

Back