Question: What is the main reason for the inflated prices of high end weapons and gear

What is the reason behind the inflated prices?

• More people "working" from home during covid - prices will reverse when people get back to work

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • US stimi checks - prices will reverse when "free" money supply ends

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • A combination of the above - prices will reverse to some long term mean value

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Other reason - prices will reverse to some long term mean value

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Other reason - prices will continue higher

Votes: 48 45.3%

• Total voters
Those damage/pec values are totally strange to me
please robber can you explain how can you rach 4.79 DPP with your genesis?
if you convicne me i will buy one tomorrow
all accu enhacers 15mg pills maybe? u r maths guru m8 i should ask u that! :))

Well, some people who possess such items maybe are a little biased with their opinions.

I will just give my personal viewpoint. I came back to the game after selling most valuable items to help finance irl investments (which has turned out to be a very good move). I intended to do significant grinding but prices on any weapon with 70+ efficiency have doubled or tripled. It's just not worth it. So I am mostly just dicking around with low level codex mobs cycling much less than I could, which means less for MA. I think I am probably in the majority who are just left aghast due to current prices. So I think the hyper inflation is good for a few but bad for many, and bad for MA.

[Edited Not worth. unwatched thread]

Last edited:
250k * 12 * 0.01-0.02 * a few years = why

it seems a common point that comes up is something along the following: “you need to buy a 2.0 FEN weapon or else you’ll waste all your PED in markup with L weapons.”
And I would agree with that statement if they were our only options, but there’s also “normal” UL gear to pick from too. And while we have seen an increase in prices here too, some more than others, it hasn’t been as damaging overall. Prices in this sector seem to also reflect a more organic demand increase, so people have greater confidence of their purchase keeping its value, instead of a reseller just throwing random inflated numbers at the wall and waiting for it to stick. That LP-40 frequents to top of the auction page, and will probably continue to do so.

Whenever I have done the numbers on the current price of the 2.0 stuff, sure I can justify it, I can work my investment off, but I would need to hunt 16 hours a day flat out and give up my other interests, and that doesn’t seem like a fun way to spend my time.

The difference between 65 eff and 80 eff is 1% returns and is just a bit more time spent on auction splitting your loot up. It’s not hard to make that back.

You were close to hit the nail in the head by a tiny gazillion light years. What would you grind the TWEN items with? Tokens for them? (L)? :D

So you mean that there is two only viable alternatives for grinding event tokens: "Loot 2.0" or (L) weapons? There are many good unlimited weapons with high dps which also are viable and cost about ten times less than these overpriced weapons, but still can give you profit and be able to grind tokens.

One thing you do not mention (or do not think about) is the risk of owning these overvalued items? It seems like you argue that loot 2.0/FEN weapons are the only viable option to be able to grind with profit (which is not true).

Although how will you cover the lose of your weapon dropping 50-100k or more in value when the TWEN or other new weapon is released?
The total loss might be higher for you than an individual owning a "loot 1.0" weapon or even one that use (L) weapons.

I must appreaciate a humble opinion of a top hunter like you, which ofc from his vast experience with all kind of UL top weapons can share it with us.
The one's with clearest perspective on things like these are the ones with under 100k loot on tracker :p

So you mean that there is two only viable alternatives for grinding event tokens: "Loot 2.0" or (L) weapons?
No. There is only one viable option to grind anything. A loot 2.0 weapon, big ass DPS as well.
L is for some casual fun, soc hunts, big mobs, YOLO style, not for grind. The number of people doing well with old weapons (other than imk2 and occasionally MM), throughout the year, is very close to 0.

Although how will you cover the lose of your weapon dropping 50-100k or more in value when the TWEN or other new weapon is released?
The total loss might be higher for you than an individual owning a "loot 1.0" weapon or even one that use (L) weapons.
If my gun, a LP100 Mod T10 would have been 125k about a year and a few motnhs ago, I can now sell it within minutes, for twice as that,. Looking a the prices around the forums, probably even 3 times the initial amount as BO would be achievable. But you won't see me selling it... because I would loose a lot more without it.

No. There is only one viable option to grind anything. A loot 2.0 weapon, big ass DPS as well.
L is for some casual fun, soc hunts, big mobs, YOLO style, not for grind. The number of people doing well with old weapons (other than imk2 and occasionally MM), throughout the year, is very close to 0.

If my gun, a LP100 Mod T10 would have been 125k about a year and a few motnhs ago, I can now sell it within minutes, for twice as that,. Looking a the prices around the forums, probably even 3 times the initial amount as BO would be achievable. But you won't see me selling it... because I would loose a lot more without it.

But would you buy a T10 Mod LP100 now for 500K if you didn't already own one ?

If the only option is to buy a 2.0 weapon but can't find any because none available or sold by resellers/manipulator, the other option is to just quit ?
I've been grinding like a madman since I came back, with the plan to get myself a decent weapon like LP-70 FEN, last year they were around 60-70K, now it's almost impossible to find one. Or my second option - an imk2, last year I grinded a lot with an imk2 T9 that got sold for like 70K, now it's 200K+.

Without the possibility to find such "options", the best thing is to quit ?

(Looking for a mentor ;o)

But would you buy a T10 Mod LP100 now for 500K if you didn't already own one ?
This is a really good question. I don't know how to answer it. I grinded my weapon and all my gear. Several times, because I completely sold out the gear 2 times over the past 4 years and the conclusion was to keep playing so I started over. If I would have been able to make ingame 500k, yes, it would go into equipment. But, 500k is not easy to make and guns are not 500k. There are steps that lead you to such a purchase. If someone never makes the first step, they will never see the advantages of owning high DPS loot 2.0 (not silly pea shooters lp40 1mil ped - don't get me wrong, it's great, but price is outrageous in those cases); And you make the first step when you commit to anything and start pushing the pedal on something good that brings profit, then you realize more dps would give you more markup/profit... if you can't see it, don't do it based just on other ppl's results because other ppl's results will be different every time.
It would be stupid of me to say and it would really insult your intelligence if I told you you will also loot what I looted, get the HOFs that I did, like other people are doing.... just do your homework for your situation.

Last edited:
As someone who started serious planetside hunting in 2019 (lvl60ish hunter) having spent most of my time in space before - i was using adjusted maddox for most of 2019 and then upgrading around september/october to a slugstorm which i hunted even stronger with till june 2020 then a montth of harcore grinding with L handguns to get into the levelrange of my next upgrade and i moved up to bp-130 then end of july 2020.
At no point did i look at the whole price and think thats crazy - instead i looked at what i had and was using to hunt, figured out how much i could sell things for and what i needed to make the leap.
None of my weapons was high efficiency, i knew all along my choice was to skill up looter profs and grow to good returns naturally (which i did).
Good gear only allows you more freedom of choice, it doesnt earn you peds by itself - how you hunt and where has the biggest impact after all.
You can make it work with L gun's though for hard grinding ul is best - but as someone who hunts since 2019 99.9% of the time with dmg enhancers - lets not forget that in the end it only matters how much mu you pay as you grind thats what you have to account for and there is L options out there that cost less mu then some of the ul options once they have dmg enhancers on them.
Dont optimise for everything, optimise for the things you want to do the most and dont be blinded by bias - there is more then a few ways on how to be efficienct on a specific task. Take the leaps of advancing your gear step by step - some may jump the whole staircase but those often end up falling - know your stuff before you do big jumps.
The best time to buy a 2.0 weapon is when many of them are available, inform your self who has what and who might have tokens to get themselfs a new weapon soon then go negotiate dont blindly buy whichever headline you see on a forum.

but facts stay the same Midnark wont flood EU with bunch of 2.0 wepons!

Lets follow weapon development timeline:

1. Only non SIB weapons

2. L SIB introduced, high markup, then they flooded the market and those went down, value of many non SIB weapons went to basically 0

3. UNL SIB dropped, I remember UL Korss 400h costing 60k PED and Skippie selling his UL x5 for 200k, then MA flooded the market with even better UL SIB, made "adjusting missions", pp designed new UL SIB weapons, price went to ground

4. "Loot 2.0" weapons dropped. Making UL SIB less appealing. And those are still scarce. Now. Read my previous 2 points and try to figure out what will happen to "2.0" weapons and their scarcity.

Anyways during the game progression I have noticed an around 5yr pattern which goes like this: something being non exitent, then scarce and hyped, then abundant and finaly succeded with next shiny thing.

We are deep in point "scarce and hyped" with 2.0 weapons now...

My 2c, have fun everyone.

I.

1. Only non SIB weapons

2. L SIB introduced, high markup, then they flooded the market and those went down, value of many non SIB weapons went to basically 0

3. UNL SIB dropped, I remember UL Korss 400h costing 60k PED and Skippie selling his UL x5 for 200k, then MA flooded the market with even better UL SIB, made "adjusting missions", pp designed new UL SIB weapons, price went to ground

4. "Loot 2.0" weapons dropped. Making UL SIB less appealing. And those are still scarce. Now. Read my previous 2 points and try to figure out what will happen to "2.0" weapons and their scarcity.

Anyways during the game progression I have noticed an around 5yr pattern which goes like this: something being non exitent, then scarce and hyped, then abundant and finaly succeded with next shiny thing.

I.

1. Only non SIB weapons

I.
P.s. remmber that with loot 2.0 wepons came aswell huge overhaul of whole loot system :)

So, who's left to defend the inflated prices now?

This is a really good question. I don't know how to answer it. I grinded my weapon and all my gear. Several times, because I completely sold out the gear 2 times over the past 4 years and the conclusion was to keep playing so I started over. If I would have been able to make ingame 500k, yes, it would go into equipment. But, 500k is not easy to make and guns are not 500k. There are steps that lead you to such a purchase. If someone never makes the first step, they will never see the advantages of owning high DPS loot 2.0 (not silly pea shooters lp40 1mil ped - don't get me wrong, it's great, but price is outrageous in those cases); And you make the first step when you commit to anything and start pushing the pedal on something good that brings profit, then you realize more dps would give you more markup/profit... if you can't see it, don't do it based just on other ppl's results because other ppl's results will be different every time.
It would be stupid of me to say and it would really insult your intelligence if I told you you will also loot what I looted, get the HOFs that I did, like other people are doing.... just do your homework for your situation.

Still don't know if you will pay 500k for a weapon?
Still convinced that "investing" in overpriced weapons is the road to success?

Just wondering how much MU got "destroyed" overnight with the restocked mayhem vendor. :unsure:

So, who's left to defend the inflated prices now?

Still don't know if you will pay 500k for a weapon?
Still convinced that "investing" in overpriced weapons is the road to success?

Just wondering how much MU got "destroyed" overnight with the restocked mayhem vendor. :unsure:
I said 500k prices are stupid. What can I say, I made the right move at the right time... I have nothing to defend from you, you will still just observe how things happen and you won't get involved. Those restocked items still need a lot of work to pull out. And I really mean a lot. Which means there's MU to be made which means you ned tools to make $ which means increased demand in gear.... those restocked aren't droppign in ppl's inventory, they are just 2 each for some of the items... prices are good or bad is a matter of perspective and your perspective as an observer is totally different than mine, that I am a hunter.

index.php

I.
I just checked the mayhem trader and you were absolutely right, it's just funny because it happened so quickly. Maybe MA checked out this thread and said hell, why not :laugh:

I said 500k prices are stupid.
No, you didn't

You said:
"this is a really good question. I don't know how to answer it"
I don't interpret this as, 500k prices are stupid. Otherwise you would just have said "Hell no!"

And no, sure , you don't have to defend it to me. I just asked you a question.
The fact that you "feel" you need to defend says enough to me ;)

No, you didn't

I don't interpret this as, 500k prices are stupid. Otherwise you would just have said "Hell no!"

U will always stay a keyboard warrior and its fine with me ;)

U will always stay a keyboard warrior and its fine with me ;)
Dude, I just asked a question. Dont be a dick about it.

Isn't it a valid question to ask if people stick to earlier arguments after todays update?

No, you didn't

You said:

Some people would be able to make the 500k fairly easy with such a weapon - which means it could be worth the investment... but, 500k is a meme price tho; you got stuck with and use it as a solid argument... we view things so different that is pointless to try a conversation on a subject you cannot grasp, but that's not because you're not capable (you are) but just because you're barely active in game and you don't know how much is possible to profit with this kind weapons. For your own good, I hope you push the pedal some day, get some lucky loot then buy a nice weapon (or loot it) then see the good part of the RCE game.
I wouldn't buy a 500k weapon. And I'm also not selling my T10 LP100 not even for 500k....

Some people would be able to make the 500k fairly easy with such a weapon - which means it could be worth the investment... but, 500k is a meme price tho; you got stuck with and use it as a solid argument... we view things so different that is pointless to try a conversation on a subject you cannot grasp, but that's not because you're not capable (you are) but just because you're barely active in game and you don't know how much is possible to profit with this kind weapons. For your own good, I hope you push the pedal some day, get some lucky loot then buy a nice weapon (or loot it) then see the good part of the RCE game.
I wouldn't buy a 500k weapon. And I'm also not selling my T10 LP100 not even for 500k....
Evey Im afraid you have the wrong impression.
Also you have a total misperception of my view about you and your play style.

Let's get this straight first, I do totally understand you and your argumentation. And, I also believe you about what you claim.
Also, yes, we do have totally different play styles, where we each profit in our own way.

Also need to add that my question was not an attack, just, as I described above, to see if the update today changed your point of view about the 500kped question. So, please don't be offended.

I don't doubt that you can make money with hunting the right stuff with the right weapon. But I do doubt if the prices of those weapons remain.
Igorl made a nice description about how things can go in entropia.
And it makes it clear that paying 500k for a weapon, which can literally lose 300k of value overnight (not saying it did, but it could), might not always be a smart move, EVEN if you can make money with it.
It takes a lot of time grinding to make back that possible value loss.
Today's update proves what Igorl is saying is quite valid. having high priced weapons can be a liability.
That's just something you shouldn't forget.

Lol, for my own good, I DON'T hope that I will push the pedal someday. (It would sure be nice to get a nice loot someday though but I lost any hope for that ever to happen)
I had a good reason to sell most of my stuff, stick it into CLD and create passive income that way to fund my playstyle.
That way I have a lot more time to spare to care for my wife and kids, build my house, and have a life. Even when offline I can make ped! No FEN weapon can do that! :cool:
I have nothing to complain as MA doesn't take my money anyways. So, each his own play style. ;)

but just because you're barely active in game
lol, I guess activity is a very relative thing.
"Barely active"....
Been logging in on average 5 days per week for the past 16 years (with some downtime)

Maybe you should change that, to "you don't grind every second of the day". Yes, that could be correct. ;)

Last edited:
It’s because one person paid a retarded price for an item BC80, using his big crypto gains, people got wind of it and then somehow the price was even more inflated than the actual sale price, and ever since then prices on weapons went full retard.

Now we have resellers buying up hoardes of high end gear and not selling unless someone is willing to pay stupid prices.

has nothing to do with the game being better. Has more to do with a couple of key resellers controlling the supply of high end items because when people go to sell they have peds available and they will sit on it asking ridiculous prices until someone finally caves in and buys it. So the choice becomes either cave to the resellers or play with L gear.
This ! has nothign to do with US and usd....there are many many players around here that are not from US !
And it wasnt 1 guy that overpayed like crazy mother funker ...there were many fishes that overpayed like crazy and slowly price ramped so hard to the current lvl i can say it a total joke but a real one lel ! I know for my self what is worth what cuz i have around 1 mil ped tunrover trading mostly weapons n rings :) But the Avarage Joe here even much more educaated then others mmos is just going to get ***** no matter what when it comes to trading and buyign expensive gear for 1st time ! Thats it you are going to get ****** . Ifu have plenty of money and time and decicating playing EU ....its usualy better to pay 1 time that entry lvl fee. There are tons of solid weapon around 60-65% eff and u dont need more if u casual play few hours per day . You dont need 30k in rings when u dont have any armor or use some stupid **** 5k gun.
Problem is most new players has no real clue what they actually should buy and how to spend ped wisely between weapon/rings/armor slot and have ped left for bankroll too !
Also has nothing to do with game being batter ...game had like 3 months server lag etc IT WASNT BETTER ,,, it just felt and still feel better cuz its way more alive and populated !! And here we come the the biggest factor ....supply and demand !
Supply is super low ...and after those recent chnage ll still be super low.
And most high end weapon will keep the price ...but will they keep the overprice tag with tier comps payed at 850% MU++ ...i dont think so.
It takes time but the market ll adjust and even bigest resellers cant aford to hold items forver .... Ped makes you ped you know and u need to roll it !

I ll share something else I shuldn't (cuz at some point i was heavy reselling too) but probably but i dont care anymore !!! To give a some prespective what the fvck is going on with prices and how things work around when it comes to selling/reselling etc. In this game many hunters are also traders but there are also some pure resellers. Some tarde often other trade rarely but do huge trades and also make huge ped . The amount of greed i have seen in his game by some players i ll not name ofc cuz this is not namign n shaming post this is "it is what it is" post is just AMAZING .
Most players dont track the prices in general the way i did for 2 years non stop and has no real data to compare things . A BIG AMOUNT OF PRICES POSTED ON THSE FORUMS as a buyout price (talking the big items 100k +) are actually fake and serve just 1 purpuse ...to pump and keep pumping the prices high as possible even if sounds gly or totaly unethicall hjaha ! If you have too you ll take a lost but wont undercut the whole market ! I did price check items posted on forums for 145k BO that actually sold for 120k etc(yes i can make some1 talk i dont rush them but if my goal of this whole convo if to get some info i usually get ) ... this is a normal pracise
Right now when a reseller ask you a price for a highend weapon keep in mind he got that weapon around 15-30% cheaper (usualy the case) or a lot cheaper(1/3 time some1 ina real rush to withdraw)) or got it like 10% cheaper (may be only 1/5 of the time ..aka 20% max of reseller ll be so kind and try to make only 10% profit . Ok so each time a highend weapon flips it keeps adding like 5-25% (yes i vary a lot this is how u make real profit here its not by playing the game its by playing the player !) on top of the last highest known sell .
EU has so few 80%eff+ weapons ..so few that for example at some point i start tracking who has what and what is the last real price trhey payed how long ago who was the sellers etc everything LOL (this info can eb tricky to find out but its doable) The prices of the good sh1t was doomed to skyrocket at some point ...the triger was Covid but the reasons are complex ;) !

p.s. see mod 2350/2600 price ! Even right now they cost almost same to craft but its a long and annoying process . This happened after i stop playing few months ago but prooves one thing : If an item its really useful players ll pay more and all comes down to supply and demand.
If you want to see EU in a state where the best weapon or just items in general sell for "FAIR" price
A: MA triple the amount of them in game while making them much eaiser to obtain : WONT HAPPENED ok :)
B: Deposit 4-5 mil ped and fix the problem your self ! no double that... i know some high end weapons/armors are impossible to change the owner unless u overpay like crazy (2x +) ! EU just had to many 1 of a kind items and thats why i still love it ! :)

Last edited:
Here's another additional reason but not the main:

Lazy and impatient players including the tiering markup costs in their resale pricing.

Here's another additional reason but not the main:

Lazy and impatient players including the tiering markup costs in their resale pricing.
But current tiering costs should be considered shouldn’t they?

Back