using entropia pocket when you dont own a mobile phone ?

i installed the authenticator on my phone as my total avatar value passed EUR 100
that was my relax threshold.
i can not imagine how other than a F2p Sweatbot can be without

if you cannot figure it out, Authy is probably not for you
purpose of 2FA is to have a secondary means of authentication, meaning not the same device
having it on the same device, is a security issue, definitely worse than the gold card

gold card fulfils this role fine but it is a burden, additional token to be maintained (though Entropia is till maintaining the existing ones)
* for the company issuing it - choosing the solution, maintaining it
* for you - having to manage X hardware tokens for every secure use case, change batteries

it is great that Entropia went for the TOTP standard, meaning you don't have to use their application - can use many existing ones out there, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy, 1Password, etc.
can read more about the standard others already mentioned here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-based_One-Time_Password

I have had my gold card for 14 years still on the original batteries , it has never been burden ! having to switch on a unwanted mobile phone , then start the app then read it and enter to number as well as my usual user name and password , now thats IS burden also will have to keep charging up the unwanted mobile phone , in the end it only proves that I own a mobile phone ? nothing more than that .

I cant figure out how to use or setup the 2FA thing on any of the apps by the way not just authy . it all sounds like gobble goog to me I only understand english .

There was that one guy that insisted that he can't have a phone in his house. Maybe amish, some strict parent, alergic to EM field or uprising conspirator. Not that he played a semi-gambling video game probably running bare-ass fem ava on modern piece of electronics connected to net. Nothing wrong with that.

I have had my gold card for 14 years still on the original batteries , it has never been burden ! having to switch on a unwanted mobile phone , then start the app then read it and enter to number as well as my usual user name and password , now thats IS burden also will have to keep charging up the unwanted mobile phone , in the end it only proves that I own a mobile phone ? nothing more than that .

I cant figure out how to use or setup the 2FA thing on any of the apps by the way not just authy . it all sounds like gobble goog to me I only understand english .
thats why i tell you to buy a phone , its easy

1.go to a store and tell them : hello sir i need a mobile phone that is able to runn applications
2. the employee will show you some phones
3.you ask him whats the cheapest phone that supports basic applications
4. he will show you the cheapest phone
5. you buy the phone
6.you go home and connect it to your Wirles lan, its easy
7. press the power butt´n of your phone, wait till it gets to the main page
8. take ur finger place it on top of the display, swipe ur finger down to the bottom of the display
9.you see symbols to choose , enable "Wlan" thats the symbol with a dot and 3 curved lines, looks like this •)))
10. hold your finger on the symbol, the phone will open the wlan menue chose on the little slider "on", that activates your wlan
11. you will see now wlan sources, chose your modem (thats your internet box) type in your wlan password (usualy on the back of your modem "Wifi Password" (the name of your wlan box you find also under the wlan box) usualy called "Wi-Fi Network (SSID)"
12 .connect
13. open google play app "play store", its already installed on your phone
14. register there
15.login
16. seach in the search bar for "entropia pocket"
17. install
18. follow the steps

20 Mobile Phone Benefits​

1. Communication
  2. Small and Convenient
  3. Photos and Video
  4. Texting
  5. Fashion and Self-Expression
  6. Entertainment
  7. Notes and Reminders
  8. Video in Real Time
  9. Calendars and Organization
  10. Maps, Navigation, and Travel
  11. Online Banking and Finance
  12. Address Book and Contacts
  13. Remote Working
  14. Emergencies
  15. Watches and Alarm Clocks
  16. Calculator
  17. Flashlight/Torch
  18. News, Sports, and Live Events
  19. Crime Prevention and Evidence Gathering
  20. Learning and Research

if you like the benefits plan to buy a better phone to runn better applications
you soon figure out how handy those devices are, they rly help a lot , imagine you travle with your computer conected to the internet where ever you are

looking to price check @ a local store ? np open your phone and search stuff in google

forgot time and date ? np open your phone and take a look

want to know hows the weather ? np open your phone

do you read newspaper ? np you got it on your phone

you want to talk with a corean dude ? np open google translate and translate what ever you want

the higher valued phones usualy come whater proved next time you take a bath or shower your able to wach videos under whater
take pictures under whater, navigation under whater

Last edited:
I have Authy installed but I cant figure out how to use it instead of entropia pocket .
I can't remember at what point the QR-image appeared when doing the security thingy. You basically either need that URL behind the QR-code or the QR-code itself.
I am not a moron nor am a computer expert , I sorry but I dont what QR image is either ?
I understand that Corona may have had you stay at home, but there is no way that you haven't ever seen a QR-code. It's on TV, in ads, magazines, on the internet, ...

You can basically store any kind of text in a QR-code, which is an image with a bunch of black&white-blocks. You can scan it and don't have to type anything manually. In the context of EU and authentication it's a URL.
why would I know these things when I have been using the gold card for years ?
Some folks also decided to stay with the buttoned pants when the ones with zippers came out. It isn't completely wrong.

1.go to a store and tell them : hello sir i need a mobile phone that is able to runn applications
2. the employee will show you some phones
3.you ask him whats the cheapest phone that supports basic applications
4. he will show you the cheapest phone
5. you buy the phone
6.you go home and connect it to your Wirles lan, its easy
7. press the power butt´n of your phone, wait till it gets to the main page
8. take ur finger place it on top of the display, swipe ur finger down to the bottom of the display
9.you see symbols to choose , enable "Wlan" thats the symbol with a dot and 3 curved lines, looks like this •)))
10. hold your finger on the symbol, the phone will open the wlan menue chose on the little slider "on", that activates your wlan
11. you will see now wlan sources, chose your modem (thats your internet box) type in your wlan password (usualy on the back of your modem "Wifi Password" (the name of your wlan box you find also under the wlan box) usualy called "Wi-Fi Network (SSID)"
12 .connect
13. open google play app "play store", its already installed on your phone
14. register there
15.login
16. seach in the search bar for "entropia pocket"
17. install
18. follow the steps

20 Mobile Phone Benefits​

1. Communication
  2. Small and Convenient
  3. Photos and Video
  4. Texting
  5. Fashion and Self-Expression
  6. Entertainment
  7. Notes and Reminders
  8. Video in Real Time
  9. Calendars and Organization
  10. Maps, Navigation, and Travel
  11. Online Banking and Finance
  12. Address Book and Contacts
  13. Remote Working
  14. Emergencies
  15. Watches and Alarm Clocks
  16. Calculator
  17. Flashlight/Torch
  18. News, Sports, and Live Events
  19. Crime Prevention and Evidence Gathering
  20. Learning and Research

if you like the benefits plan to buy a better phone to runn better applications
you soon figure out how handy those devices are, they rly help a lot , imagine you travle with your computer conected to the internet where ever you are

looking to price check @ a local store ? np open your phone and search stuff in google

forgot time and date ? np open your phone and take a look

want to know hows the weather ? np open your phone

do you read newspaper ? np you got it on your phone

you want to talk with a corean dude ? np open google translate and translate what ever you want

the higher valued phones usualy come whater proved next time you take a bath or shower your able to wach videos under whater
take pictures under whater, navigation under whater
You obvious dont know what's a mobile phone vs. smartphone, I can have mobile phone that uses 2G network without beeing tracked all the time. No ads on browser very secure as dont access global network and its the only mobile comunication that allows me to get in the military base where I work! Is there a problem with that?

Where is the app for the windows mobile phones?
I mean Nokia is Finnish there is so much hate from MA to finnish brands?

Last edited:
You obvious dont know what's a mobile phove vs. smartphone, I can have mobile phone that uses 2G network without beeing tracked all the time. No ads on browser very secure as dont access global network and its the only mobile comunication that allows me to get in the military base where I work! Is there a problem with that?

Where is the app for the windows mobile phones?
I mean Nokia is Finnish there is so much hate from MA to finnish brands?
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .“~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./…..\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>–==“
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\.

I'll say it again, I don't have or need a smart phone or gold card to login, so why does everyone else? I just use my password and username.

I'll say it again, I don't have or need a smart phone or gold card to login, so why does everyone else? I just use my password and username.
We dont need it. It’s an optional security that we choose to elect to protect our account. It’s advertised on the launcher literally every time you start the game, I’m surprised you aren’t aware of it.

Are you willing to bet your entire PED card and items that you will never fall victim to any type of security breach, ever? Keylogger, phishing attempt, server breach, someone watching you enter the password over your shoulder, or randomly guessing your password...

No server is completely infallible. Are you sure you don't want to get an extra layer of security?

Used Nox for over a year, was a bit of a hassle to get that QR-code scanned (had to install it on my Windows tablet, make a screegrab of the QR-code, flip 180 degrees, scan it, make a backup of the app and transfer it to my workstation). Allways had some issues with the codes it generated, did not keep the time correctly. One day it broke and out off curiosity I retried my gold card and it still worked. Both card and reader have been working flawlessly for over 13 years now, I needed to change batteries twice.
I do have a smartphone, but if you have one that does not have the Google playstore you can not download the official app. If it is not an Android phone you will have some trouble finding a suitable app. I tried sideloading the app, but it seems my camera was not good enough.
And using a "normal" smartphone where all your passwords and settings are stored in the cloud is a no-go for me. It's not that difficult to get a SIM card from a provider on somebodies elses phone number, have it install into a new phone at get all his credentials.
May not be "easy" and it is illegal, but it happens all the time.

What would really be a nice idea would be using also alternatives like biometrics or even something like a Yubi-key.
Simply let the user use whatever they like.

...and I really doubt that the Gold Card produced that many support costs....not when there seem to be people out there producing cases in the dozens for no good reason at all.

We dont need it. It’s an optional security that we choose to elect to protect our account. It’s advertised on the launcher literally every time you start the game, I’m surprised you aren’t aware of it.
Nope I've not noticed it because the launcher's always partially minimised.

Are you willing to bet your entire PED card and items that you will never fall victim to any type of security breach, ever? Keylogger, phishing attempt, server breach, someone watching you enter the password over your shoulder, or randomly guessing your password...

No server is completely infallible. Are you sure you don't want to get an extra layer of security?
But MA's servers are secure, right? Besides, I have MSSE which helps keeps most spyware, malware, etc out. Having said that, I might opt for MA's 2FA although I don't have a smart phone atm but can get one cheap.

I have had my gold card for 14 years still on the original batteries , it has never been burden ! having to switch on a unwanted mobile phone ,
then start the app then read it and enter to number as well as my usual user name and password ,
now thats IS burden also will have to keep charging up the unwanted mobile phone , in the end it only proves that I own a mobile phone ? nothing more than that .
for the majority of users having a smartphone is not an issue, and security features are built to cover the majority
gold card is a burden for MA, same as for the majority of the users, and MA have been considerate enough to keep the existing gold cards working
your arguments are quite silly in this regard, as you can keep on using your beloved gold card or turn off 2FA altogether being so annoyed with reality of being a minority :)

What a coincidence that the only 2 people in the entire developed world to not have a mobile phone are in this thread.

You think entropia is high tech, these things are gonna blow your mind!
I can accept people not wanting to use certain items or technologies, for whatever reasons of their own even if I don't agree with them. However, "everyone has one nowadays" is not a good argument at all.

In this case, rejection just isn't consistent with holding an online account with valuables stored in it, be it a bank account or this game. It would be more effective if we could get this point across instead. Ridicule only begets defiance. The same applies to arguing itself: If you don't know how or refuse to reason, you're not going to win.

Edit: I've uttered myself in the vein of OP before. Already when I received the gold card I couldn't trust it, and people yapping on the forums "but mine works fine for 10 years already" did not outweigh those who reported problems, aided by more or less open ridicule in these retorts. I have some negative experiences with mobile phones as well, for me they fail more often than most other things. Hence I have myself used only username and password here for the longest time. But it really is not recommended where money is at stake. To OP this means, either adjust your preferences or make an informed decision to accept the risk.

Last edited:
I can accept people not wanting to use certain items or technologies, for whatever reasons of their own even if I don't agree with them. However, "everyone has one nowadays" is not a good argument at all.

In this case, rejection just isn't consistent with holding an online account with valuables stored in it, be it a bank account or this game. It would be more effective if we could get this point across instead. Ridicule only begets defiance. The same applies to arguing itself: If you don't know how or refuse to reason, you're not going to win.
I can accept that too. I don't use Facebook or twitter or any of that kind of junk. But at least in the society where I am, a lot of banking services and accounting software I use doesn't even give you the option not to use 2FA. Its a pre requisite.
On top of that so many government services are pushed onto apps. You have to try real hard these days to avoid having a phone. Even the hardest of technophobes have to eventually give in and get one for one reason or another.
Recently with the covid outbreak we were made to scan QR codes everywhere we went for exposure tracking.
I bought a trailer once that had its braking controls solely controlled through an app, Don't have a phone? Then you aren't towing it. Even I think that relegating such functionality to an app in this case is ludicrous, but here we are .
I'm not using the argument of "everyone has one nowdays" because I want OP to be trendy with the rest of us. Having a phone these days is purely a necessity, Akin to having a bank account, you just cant function properly without one.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
It felt flimsy and fragile the moment I held it in my hand. They are not built to last, even if some do if you treat them carefully. From a professional background in electronics I was used to a different standard for anything critical. Anyway, this is a thing of the past now.

I'm not using the argument of "everyone has one nowdays" because I want OP to be trendy with the rest of us. Having a phone these days is purely a necessity, Akin to having a bank account, you just cant function properly without one.
Of course you're right, it is a reality, but not a fact of nature, only people who make it so. There is a problem with our entire environment, including authority (!) practically mandating it although it was never signed into law. Especially here in Sweden there is sufficient controversy about it. While some groups are extremely pogressive, there is also the opposite movement, not only stubborn old country folks (who much appreciate the mobile coverage for communication but don't like other services made dependant on it), an increasing number of young people opt out either claiming allergies against the radiation or whatever, or simply for retaining the freedom of choice which so far is still granted in our most basic laws. And that is something I sympathize with.

It felt flimsy and fragile the moment I held it in my hand. They are not built to last, even if some do if you treat them carefully. From a professional background in electronics I was used to a different standard for anything critical. Anyway, this is a thing of the past now.

Oh... well I have no words.

Mine is way over 12 years old by now and still works just fine.

I guess I was extremely careful when using it to log in then............ :ROFLMAO:

I'm guessing the ones without phones also didn't get vaccinated? :cool:

On topic; Stop bitching and buy a smartphone. 30 bucks gets you one.

What a coincidence that the only 2 people in the entire developed world to not have a mobile phone are in this thread.

You think entropia is high tech, these things are gonna blow your mind!
I didn't say I didn't have a mobile phone, I said I didn't have a smart phone.

Why do you want a PC connected to the internet when you can't wrap your head around owning a smartphone ?

Again, I would caution against conflating newer with better here. There are plenty of reasons MindArk may have switched security systems having nothing to do with improved security. It is well known that "nontechnical" aggregates of people overwhelming trade off both security and privacy for slight gains in convenience, and firms will adapt to suit this demand. Pocket IS slightly more convenient if you already own a smartphone, so if one discounts the other factors into irrelevancy, it enjoys some small but perhaps popular advantage over the Gold Card. Another reason could be that it reduces shipping costs for MindArk.

Also worth noting is that in the cryptocurrency space, which is the most security-conscious community I can name, hardware is actually the newer (and also more secure, as mentioned above) technology.
MFA is superior to Gold Card for a variety of reasons. 2FA less superior. Gold Card - hands off is fine, but it can also be stolen, get lost, damaged, some dumbass spilled beer on it.

As for the crypto comparison, yes - hardware is important. $200 Trezors. People are flipping their shit over buying a $20 burner here. Let's not lose sight of that.

When I want to log into EU safely I just open my military grade double shielded safe, I take the smartphone, I open my second safe and get the battery, I put the battery into the smartphone, then turn it on, then remove my tinfoil hat just temporarily, then open the reinforced steel door to my bunker, then yell at some random kids, I look both ways and then get my 2FA code and use it, and finally undo everything very quickly and in agonizing panic. Then I double-triple check that my tinfoil hat is on , like any sane person would.

Well, I get the part where you don't want to have this kind of software on your phone (or because you don't have a smartphone). I don't have a lot installed on mine neither. Emails, online banking, other secure stuff is nothing that I'd put on my phone. Just because everyone else has that doesn't mean that I need to have that, too. I don't have accounts for Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Google, YouTube, ... and I'm still well aware that that alone doesn't protect me from those services. They know and learn enough about me through other ways.

If anyone finds my phone before I lost it, they won't know my bank, that I play EU, ... They know my contacts obviously and parts of my calendar. That still is enough.

Having that said, you do have a desktop, laptop or whatever as otherwise you wouldn't play EU. Just install something like Authy and your EU-account is secured by more than just a fraction. I mean it's completely up to you whether or not you want to protect what you invested in EU, be it time and/or money.

Right now you are basically asking to get hacked. Hackers don't care how rich you are or how skilled your avatar is. It's a tiny little itch that lets them be you for a while.

Anyway, let's remember this thread so when you deniers start your whining-threads here on PCF that your accounts got hacked we can safely point you to this thread.

MFA is superior to Gold Card for a variety of reasons. 2FA less superior. Gold Card - hands off is fine, but it can also be stolen, get lost, damaged, some dumbass spilled beer on it.

As for the crypto comparison, yes - hardware is important. $200 Trezors. People are flipping their shit over buying a $20 burner here. Let's not lose sight of that.
I haven't looked into the logistics of getting a burner phone. It might be an acceptable solution. Still, being a device capable of connecting to the Internet automatically opens it up to certain kinds of attacks.

It is worth pointing out that a smartphone can also get stolen, lost, damaged or beer'd, and for those players who aren't exerting the extra effort to use a dedicated smart device functioning as a makeshift Gold Card, such an event would constitute a much more potent central point of failure, potentially locking them out of EU for a long time and affecting many of their other day to day operations.

no one ever hacked in to it ?
Incorrect, old irl friend of mine used to play EU also a gold card user. Logged in one day to have his toon naked standing in a corner at twin peaks with everything gone.

I think MindArk should set aside like 2-3 special days per year where the Gold Card Security System is reintroduced into the Trade Terminal. One of two things would happen.

1) Only a few players with an extreme preference for the Gold Card Security System would purchase it, and most would remain on the app system, in a similar proportion to what we have now. MindArk's costs would be largely unaffected, and the minority who strongly prefer the Gold Card would have access to it.

2) Players would purchase the Gold Card Security System en masse on those special days, and MindArk would learn that players prefer the Gold Card much more than their prior assumptions had predicted. MindArk's costs for supporting 2FA might increase, but they would gain a clearer picture of how much marginal value the increased costs provide to players. Also, since the app system would still exist, there would be no ethical imperative to offer the Gold Card for free. They could stick it in the Trade Terminal as they did back in the day for, what was it, 300 PED for the system and 200 PED for a spare reader? Something like that.

Why do you want a PC connected to the internet when you can't wrap your head around owning a smartphone ?
I can't get my head around this either.

Back