Question: Will Treasure island deeds be worth it.

TheAlchemist

Provider
Do you think TID will be worth it? and why or why not?

just the breakdown.

800k deeds are a lot for a relatively small area. 8x8km.

a quick calculation shows that the cost of deeds is 8M peds and as a ballpark figure of 90% ROI for players, it would mean that 80M peds need to be cycled at TI for initial investors to get there money back. Or if ROI is slightly higher we might say a cycling of at least 100M.

The global average in the total for Entropia for this week totals 4.5M ped, to put things in perspective.

at 100DPS a player shoots 900ped/hour (needs higher effective dps to run between mobs and stuff) and would take 111,111 hours

Now all those numbers together make it seem less profitable than CLD at launch but a better deal than Ancient Greece.

Things we don't know is if there will be missions, how good the mob spawns will be and if any new mobs will be introduced.
Further, will the mining ores stay the same or will they be made more attractive? Will mob loots change to boost hunting on TI exclusive mobs?
MA has a lot of leeway to make TI a busy hub.

TI used to be very popular even when it was taxed. There are some interesting mobs and resources so if its managed correctly I think it could gain back a lot of that activity. The only thing I would change about the deeds is rolling them out in grades (tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, etc) so they can gauge how they will sell. The amount of deeds they've announced will already dilute the market IMHO and things might stall like the moon deeds especially if there is apathetic management of the area. Although if things stall it could be interesting what they might introduce to boost sales down the road.

One thing that generated a lot of interest around CLDs was that for a limited time they could be looted so that might be something MA should look at. Although this could be some form of settlement with Deathifier so it might not be something they could do. I am curious what happened with Deathifier and if this announcement has anything to do with his case.

Not even close.

I'd love to know how MindArk got to a valuation of 8 million ped for 50% revenue of a small island that is almost completely dead.

No mention of any development, and no mention of what the current ROI is (most likely zero).

I'm amazed that MindArk hasn't cottoned on yet that these kind of pump-and-dump schemes are over. They need to actually start delivering on things rather than making promises that never materialize.

Here's an idea for you to completely ignore MindArk, why don't you either:
  1. Put the effort in to build up the island before selling it for a reasonable valuation (keeping in mind CLD was sold with a 20% ROI); or
  2. Put the deeds on auction with a 1 ped start bid and let the players build up the island for you;
but no, the only trick you know is to keep trying to rip off your player base.

This sale will fail miserably and the game will lose even more credibility as a result.

MindArk, you are a disgrace of a company. Players deserve better.

In the current state of Treasure Island, no it is not worth. There are 17 land areas on it, couple of them completly useless. A crappy empty land is worth around 100K (from what I got offered when I was looking for a land), a decent land going for 250/300K. Make it an average of 250K for a land on TI, that would be 4,250M ped for the whole island. They are selling only half (or 25%?) of it for 8M peds without the possibility to manage it ourselves.

As an investor and very active player I don't see the point, yet, of buying any of it.
As investor : I'm owning a good ammount of CLDs, AUDs, CP shares, AMDs won't be interesting until ... a huge change, with the reduction of AG shares it became more interesting until I saw moloch gates shop being sold under the table for around 10K and being resold for at least twice. And Compet.. well, I'm glad I didn't buy one, game was too childish, already dead before the release, mobiles games are a a real money maker for devs/investors, can't understand how they could fail it.
As a very active player : the loot table of the mobs are not the most attractive.

We need more informations, more content on TI, wave events, why not even a mall on it - where those 2.5% from shop sales would go to the deed holders, shops being won through events on TI. There are also natural untaxed spawns of Letomie (PVP), Hogglos (PVP), Kerberos (everywhere) and Frescoquda (Notus) will they be removed ?

Mindark sold half of calypso for 6M USD (I bet they're mad as it's worth three times more now) and now tries to sell a small piece of Amethera for almost 1M USD, too greedy imho. Should have been a very maximum of 500K shares.

Last edited:
Not checked anything fully yet. My thoughts.
Same style as NI shares that now have 400k shares, except TID will be 800k shares@10 peds.
We thus need double (2x) the revenue of NI to get a 1 pec payout compared to NI. Dunno the size of NI but it has the gorgon event and the molochs (which is an instance I also don't know the 'size' of).
NI shares are not selling fast, to be sure. I would still estimate payouts there to be on the poor side comparatively. An increase of a further 50% would make them far more interesting. Based on this I reckon 3x the turnover from all activities on NI would make TID interesting too.
I assume more mining is done on TI than NI, but relative area size is probably important for this.
My hunch is that we lie right in the area of uncertainty. Homework: check for unique mobs on the tracker and total land areas. How much does AUD cover, for that matter?

Nobody should buy anything until:

- They are tradeable
- We see what happens with spawns
- MA publish base number from which dividends are calculated (in NI case, you just get 1 pec every 2 weeks, and nobody knows from which number you get 1 pec per share)

I don't believe a single word from the announcement until I see with my own two eyes what happens, there has been too many lies since the game exists.

No they won’t be worth it. Will they all sell.. yes. You lot will buy water if you were a fish

Giving these deeds a hard miss , the copy paste of shares and deeds is getting boring

Giving these deeds a hard miss , the copy paste of shares and deeds is getting boring

Imho, that's the best way to not be screwed like the sale of Medusa, and doesn't give the opportunity for land owners who already have several lands to have the monopoly. With deeds, everyone can have a piece of the cake. And I really hope it will be deeds and not shares.

A famous game master, one of the best, once said in a Squid serie that all players should have an equal chance to win and no players should get inside help cause you know, the world is already like that bla bla... Well, that's what it is with deeds, equal chance for everyone, more or less ;)

Something tells me that some containers with daspletors gonna fall down there. And the Letomie with Furor gonna invade the plateau with new loots. Plus the SEG population needed a replenish.
Was about damn time to do something there.

What would be more helpful is for MindArk to populate the island as it will look once these deeds are sold with the presumably new mob spawns, and then give us an idea what kind if revenue it brings in over a given time period.

With the presently known variables, anyone who buys is speculating that many things will line up perfectly to produce a solid ROI. However, we have no data to verify or validate any of that and not even a projected revenue per week/month/year because the island has been dead for so long.

I fell for the arkadia moon deed flop and got a whopping 60% ROI when I finally sold them, and I fell for the AG shares which generated about enough $$ to buy a pet name tag. I’ll leave this to the other speculators and WSB autists who play this game and want to play Russian roulette with their PED.

IMO the baseline ROI should be 8% min. Since you can easily park the same amount of cash in a crypto account and earn 8% interest.

TL;DR - hell nope

MA in charge of LA's ? We all know thats a bad idea.

Still waiting for those events on CP, because the 4.5% goes into their pockets for events and maintenance supposedly, as if they actually spend money on fertilizers.

Don't bring your hopes up people. Remember other deeds went wrong.

And the milking continues...with an out of the ordinary idea. It's another unfinished?? december PEDgrab.

My advice: Don't buy untill they deliver the end product. Don't buy on promises they make, we've seen it all before. Wait till they deliver, THEN decide if it's worth it.

As a investor (specifically in Entropia), you need to look at the current product. No matter what MA SAY'S they will deliver, wait till they deliver.

REMEBER CP DEEDS?
  • 5% of revenue is allocated for fertilizer costs, event prizes, and other estate maintenance and improvements

Last edited:
So if i have a CLD and a TID i win double time? :D

Seems I'm not the only one that didn't forget about CP :)
Yet CP deeds are still almost double than what they initially sold for.

TI is more than 10 times better then the next LA on Caly and that will make them more valuable long term because there's gonna be a lot of activity there even without special spawns.... some of the mobs there are among the best skilling mobs on Caly. Community has a minimum 2 year default lag but they will discover it eventually...

To answer the title question, probably it's worth getting these more than CLDs or they are just as good. But there are more perspectives here, maybe it's worth for ppl with PED ingame and an investor mindset but maybe not for ppl that have better investment options IRL. So there is no answer that will fit all cases....

CP sold for 600k (today it's 1million $), with just 2 mobs on it. TI will sell faster than CP for 800k and CP sold <24h. I assume it will sell in <12h, some will buy one share, some will buy one thousand shares... That's how I see it.

Ppl rushing to say it sucks before even reading the whole thread are so funny and it's full of drama lovers and haters, for them it's not worth a penny but being part of the discussions, throwing crap at anything MA makes, is priceless so I guess everyone gets something good out of it. I'll be happy with better spawns and more markup. So yeah, the whole update is really worth it I would say :D

Yet CP deeds are still almost double than what they initially sold for.

TI is more than 10 times better then the next LA on Caly and that will make them more valuable long term because there's gonna be a lot of activity there even without special spawns.... some of the mobs there are among the best skilling mobs on Caly. Community has a minimum 2 year default lag but they will discover it eventually...

To answer the title question, probably it's worth getting these more than CLDs or they are just as good. But there are more perspectives here, maybe it's worth for ppl with PED ingame and an investor mindset but maybe not for ppl that have better investment options IRL. So there is no answer that will fit all cases....

CP sold for 600k (today it's 1million $), with just 2 mobs on it. TI will sell faster than CP for 800k and CP sold <24h. I assume it will sell in <12h, some will buy one share, some will buy one thousand shares... That's how I see it.

Ppl rushing to say it sucks before even reading the whole thread are so funny and it's full of drama lovers and haters, for them it's not worth a penny but being part of the discussions, throwing crap at anything MA makes, is priceless so I guess everyone gets something good out of it. I'll be happy with better spawns and more markup. So yeah, the whole update is really worth it I would say :D
edit:

what evey said.. solid points

but i wish you didnt say this evey, it will only drive up the price of these deeds and make them sell quicker :D i wanna grab as many as i can over time

And the milking continues...with an out of the ordinary idea. It's another unfinished december PEDgrab,
Why do you and others forget that you are being milked every single day by MA? Why do you forget this whole thing is a PED grab?

OR, as would normal people call it, you forget this is a business and they sell products. You buy and consume their product every day you log in, every day you make and consume content on their social media platforms, discord, forums etc. And when you think you're not paying anything to THEM, you are being the currency. Not liking some of the products is OK. Portraying the business as the absolute devil because they try to make desirable products they could sell AND MAKE PROFIT, is childish, even when the products are something as silly as invisible armor. With these deeds their marketing has improved a lot since the invisible armor, making the community a business partner at the same time. That's smart, that's sustainable. Buy only the products that you think it brings you an advantage, learn from your mistakes and use this as a platform, where you buy entertainment or financial assets. Never forget: 1. no one owes you anything and 2. your money is your responsibility.

PS.
i want to grab as many as possible, just go along the lines saying
I'm not really into that cheesy hyping :D

Why do you and others forget that you are being milked every single day by MA? Why do you forget this whole thing is a PED grab?

OR, as would normal people call it, you forget this is a business and they sell products..

My post was blunt, I just really really hope history doesn't repeat... Hope this claryfies? it a bit. I'm not forgetting MA is a company and they have to make money. That's what it's all about in the end and I accept to pay for my entertainment every time i log in.

I struggle to express myself in english sometimes but I just wanted to warn people to be carefull because i didn't see that posted yet. The product is not finished/released atm and no one knows what exactly they will pay for. The TID do have potential to bring us a a lot of nice things, I just hope we get to see it before the deeds are put up for sale.

MA have been improving greatly this year so let's wait for the anouncement and see them deliver in time! :)

One thing I missed over the first couple of readings was the rename to “New” Treasure island. It speculates that there might be some exciting changes coming in addition to the removal of Marcus Calendar from the land area.
Once burnt twice shy however. I would like a lot more insight and transparency into what Mindark have planned for this new venture.
They start selling at the start of next VU, not very far away. I fear they have not generated enough hype to have a successful launch.
Still I am in a positive mindset overall, it’s exciting to see new and revamped content.

OR, as would normal people call it, you forget this is a business and they sell products. You buy and consume their product every day you log in, every day you make and consume content on their social media platforms, discord, forums etc. And when you think you're not paying anything to THEM, you are being the currency. Not liking some of the products is OK. Portraying the business as the absolute devil because they try to make desirable products they could sell AND MAKE PROFIT, is childish, even when the products are something as silly as invisible armor. With these deeds their marketing has improved a lot since the invisible armor, making the community a business partner at the same time. That's smart, that's sustainable. Buy only the products that you think it brings you an advantage, learn from your mistakes and use this as a platform, where you buy entertainment or financial assets. Never forget: 1. no one owes you anything and 2. your money is your responsibility.

PS.

I'm not really into that cheesy hyping :D
yeah im just messing around :p

I would like a lot more insight and transparency into what Mindark have planned for this new venture.
There is additional information about this on their Instagram account as well :D
Yeah, message should be consistent all over the social platforms, but, one thing is clear, they will remake and reshape the old TI - it will be bigger and I'm pretty sure spawns will be better than the current trash spawns.

One thing I missed over the first couple of readings was the rename to “New” Treasure island. It speculates that there might be some exciting changes coming in addition to the removal of Marcus Calendar from the land area.
Once burnt twice shy however. I would like a lot more insight and transparency into what Mindark have planned for this new venture.
They start selling at the start of next VU, not very far away. I fear they have not generated enough hype to have a successful launch.
Still I am in a positive mindset overall, it’s exciting to see new and revamped content.
Maybe 1 LA will be divided into 3 so that all 20 mobs can be implemented into the curent 18 LAs that exist if Desp and Corno are added.

There is additional information about this on their Instagram account as well :D
Yeah, message should be consistent all over the social platforms, but, one thing is clear, they will remake and reshape the old TI - it will be bigger and I'm pretty sure spawns will be better than the current trash spawns.
Damn so there is an instagram thing I have to subscribe too! I don't even have an account! :D
Only criticism I have with it all is its shares instead of deeds. Fees each way and uncollateralizable.(that a word?) Oh well.

Not so excited about the deeds themselves but more excited about the revival of TI. TI used to be a very vibrant and busy area with some unique mobs. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Back