What tt returns to expect and after how many hunts tt return normalize.

Iceman2003

Dominant
Just the Iceman JTI
I have question to ppl who are hunting on daily basis.
How long you need to hunt to see a reliable and stable tt returns on lets say 96-97% tt. Im asking because lately im testing my BC-30 Mod+Beast and its rather terrible than even avg. I was hoping to see results close to 95-96, not 91-92 like im having now. Im not hunting anything big, just Thorifoid Berserkers in cyclop depths. Total cycled peds now is around 24k and game is kicking me all the time showing daily results as low as 88% per day on 5k cycled. For time im sitting in that instance I saw at least few 4-6k hofs on thorifoids and not even one was mine :) Any advices are welcome.

My setup:
BC-30 unl +Beast (76,2% eff)
Ares Perf
Viceroy+5B
Adj Resto

Skills:
BLP Sniper 69
Ranged BLP 64
Mutant looter 41

EDIT
1st run:
Thorifoids( 1k cycled on Entropy The Purgers)

TT IN: 25791,16
TT OUT: 23306,54
TT %: 90,37%
TT +/-: -2484,62

Last edited:
I work on the ballpark of 10k loot events for most people to see a stable trend
But I have suffered bigger droughts myself.
Funnily enough with the one and only 2.0 weapon that I have owned. 60k cycle and barely cracked 90%. SImilar HP mobs to yours. That was a drain to my sanity.
While I know it wasn't the tools fault, it certainly made it easy to sell.

Hang in there.

As Katie said it's all about the number of loot events. Looking at thorifoid berserkers, 5k cycle is about 2000 loot instances. There's enough variance in 2k that you can go multiple runs without a 50x or higher multi (or some runs with multiple). It's the bigger hits which even you out in the long run.

On a completely separate note, I've felt a significant downturn in returns since Mayhem. But for me, it's been just over 2 months of cycling 20-25k ped a day since my last bigger multi (400x), and I'm significantly down on TT, with an average of 89% returns over the last 3m ped cycled.

5k loot it is kinda stable. i killed 16500 atrox in RT for the full Iron and it was subject to large swings but overall stabilized.
with 40 looter (i am skeptical toward eff considering it more a hypenation to sell 2.0 items (used weak claw with low satisfaction for 3 months in a row)
with bc30 i suppose 96...97% return. just like with armatrix bc30 but paying upfront the 1% crafter MU

A single x100 multi loot is enough to pay for 100 kills fully, or 1k kills with a contribution of 10%, or 5k kills contributing 2%.
Rarer and better multis can also occur and affect the return percentage noticeably over quite a few k mobs.

I thus consider whatever I have got in about 10k kills should be pretty representative of my return expectation. I can roll low hp mobs quite well on that without my returns swaying much (usually). My looter and weaps could do with improvement - I still have a way to go on slowly upping my expectations... :)

... 88% per day on 5k cycled ...

My setup:

First of all i suggest you to learn how the botting caves really work (before spending 15+h/day with this setup @5k/day turnover). The expected TT return for this one is about 90-91% so you are on the righ way =) Enjoy.

First of all i suggest you to learn how the botting caves really work (before spending 15+h/day with this setup @5k/day turnover). The expected TT return for this one is about 90-91% so you are on the righ way =) Enjoy.
Do you make any accusations in my direction? If yes can you share any evidence that im boting? If you are bad at math and cant calculate how much per 1h you can squeez from BC-30+amp + enh+ 14% reload then save it.

Do you make any accusations in my direction? If yes can you share any evidence that im boting? If you are bad at math and cant calculate how much per 1h you can squeez from BC-30+amp + enh+ 14% reload then save it.
I don't think he meant any offense, those caves are commonly occupied by bots which might influence the loot cycles or whatever, I'm just guessing as a noob. Also you said "..88% per day on 5k cycled." which is where I guess he got that number from.

Looks normal man, even with imk2 in 100-200k i used to get 91%, then it will get better

Yup i would say so as well.. even if MA says 95% is average, that might but one or two big spenders at 99% while 500 other people lay between 85-90%. Life of the average Joe.

I don't think he meant any offense, those caves are commonly occupied by bots which might influence the loot cycles or whatever, I'm just guessing as a noob. Also you said "..88% per day on 5k cycled." which is where I guess he got that number from.
THIS.

14% reload and dmg enh dont matter at all in this cave bec the respawn rate of thori berks limits your "cycling speed" @5-7ped/min (13-15h needed to cycle 5k there)

How long you need to hunt to see a reliable and stable tt returns on lets say 96-97% tt.
Check Smilg's log. He's the most consistent hunter that tracks pretty well and his results are public. 100+ looter and top eff & dps can be at 95% for months, cycles are too big to notice something under a year.

THIS.

14% reload and dmg enh dont matter at all in this cave bec the respawn rate of thori berks limits your "cycling speed" @5-7ped/min (13-15h needed to cycle 5k there)

I will not argue with person who even dont know that there are 2 spawns of thorifoids in one room on the right side so before 2nd is finished 1st one already respawning but you know ofc better :)

I have been doing 1000ped runs with 83% eff and do about 60% -80% returns.
MA hate me though. Never had good returns hunting. Ever…

Check Smilg's log. He's the most consistent hunter that tracks pretty well and his results are public. 100+ looter and top eff & dps can be at 95% for months, cycles are too big to notice something under a year.

Yes, I could be wrong, but it seems that a much bigger cycle is needed for returns to stabilize than say five years ago. Back then, there were far fewer 1000x and larger multipliers. Now you have to get "your" huge HoF to bring you back to even. Until it pops, you can easily be at 90% or lower.

I would even argue this is why it's best to stay on one mob you can grind for months so you don't switch to a smaller mob and accidentally waste your big multiplier on it.

Last edited:
Yes, I could be wrong, but it seems that a much bigger cycle is needed for returns to stabilize than say five years ago. Back then, there were far fewer 1000x and larger multipliers. Now you have to get "your" huge HoF to bring you back to even. Until it pops, you can easily be at 90% or lower.

I would even argue this is why it's best to stay on one mob you can grind for months so you don't switch to a smaller mob and accidentally waste your big multiplier on it.
I'm not sure how much you're hunting, but I'm pretty active recently and I'm 100% sure you are wrong in your both statements:

- you have to get "your" huge HoF to bring you back to even. Until it pops, you can easily be at 90% or lower. - long term, big HOFs don't influence much your long term returns;
- it's best to stay on one mob you can grind for months so you don't switch to a smaller mob and accidentally waste your big multiplier on it. when you're "due", you're due for a sum which means you can get a few HOFs in a short period of time, easily noticeable these days, one avatar tends to get a few HOFs (3k+) in a short period of time (within weeks)

I have been doing 1000ped runs with 83% eff and do about 60% -80% returns.
MA hate me though. Never had good returns hunting. Ever…
you don't cycle enough that is an amazing combo, 1000 ped runs 1000 times would get you there :p

Mutant looter 41

Running similar efficiency and looter skills, started my tracking at beginning of October when purchased a BP-20 fen, few weeks later traded up for an LR-40.
80.5% efficiency and currently lvl43 animal and mutant looter, so very close to your stats
At 200k cycle since beginning of october im at 97.6% tt return, which is a bit higher than what i expected.
Expectation was 96-97% tt and minimal losses after mu, while my looter skills are still low.

By far hardest thing in this game is to ignore your tt return (tt loss). I told so many to chill as long they have a good setup and they generate decent markup.
This ^^
One of the most important thing in this game is the mental side of it and almost no one talks about.

This ^^
One of the most important thing in this game is the mental side of it and almost no one talks about.

Some people are hype when they come back after a break but it takes only 2-3 days of - 2-3k peds and they lose all patience.

I can give an example from craft only 270 clicks and a run without multipliers is -2500 peds in TT. Edit : Big amps.

Last edited:
When i came back after a break of 11 years in September, i tried to keep track of my TT returns (or ROI whatever you prefer)

But 2 months later i simply deposit from time to time and "Have Fun" :cowboy:

My idea of Fun is related to the Calypso Daily Challenges (also depends of the available time i have IRL)
Cat 1 - 2 (rarely 3) Hunt + Manufacture Daily + 2 Dailys Feffoid Cave and Argonauts

I don't even give a f... about my TT return now, i just do my dailies, Hunt, launch probes while i hunt, manufacture and sell for MU+, and as long as i see green lines of skills piling up / blueprint quality increase / level increase, i am okay with that :clap:

Last edited:
most of us will never see 95% returns. If you are not cycling 100k+ ped a month, forget seeing above 85%. The current loot system is so rigged it is not funny. It is boring, deceptive, and hungry for your ped. Death to loot 2.0 I say.
So not true , at the very least for me anyways.
Check out my hunting log, close to 490k cycled in 4years with breaks in between them at 97.13% return.

Back