Question: Is this normal mining now on FOMA?

RJ-Rob

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingo's
RJ Rob James
So I take very long breaks from playing EU because I have lost thousands and thousands and thousands of pounds in this game over the years.

But I mean I again stumped into my temptation and did some big deposits again last week, and today I decided to do a trip to FOMA for old time sake, So I bought 4 Range Enhancers 1 for my finder 105 and 6 level 7 amps.

So long story short, I have now taken a break from the mining while I contemplate because this is purely CRIMINAL?

I done 134 drops out of the total 234 drops for all 6 amps. 3 amps are now dead and my return so far is 2 claims, YES YOU HEARD THAT CORRECT 2 CLAIMS. A 249 Cumbriz hof and a Large Cald 47ped.

it was 234 drops total for 6 amps because level 7 is 39 drops for Ore only each amp so just 39 X 6 = 234

So basically this trip has cost me 1.2K peds and it appears I will be on course to lose 900peds. So I need a damn miracle in my last 100 drops or should I just stop now? I mean surely this is just criminal NO? I mean how in the hell is it even possible to do 134 drops with just 2 damn claims. I only do ORE. I will not do enmatter because I hate it.

So I would really love to know is FOMA really this bad now? I mean FOMA used to be bad in the past too, but now it is deserted, I saw like 1 person here this whole time. No traders here anymore like there used to be. It is just totally abandoned lol.

I do not like mining on caly because of the mobs scattered all over and I hate running into them, I know I can just use vehicles and mine with them next to me, but I hated that years ago. But I was thinking I would have had more claims than what I have had in all of those drops. But NOPE.

Thanks everyone for reading my rant question post. I appreciate any replies you may have though, I am all ears to see if this is normal now on foma or not haha.

RJ

That's not too out of the norm. I've gone 70 drops without a hit indoors before during downswings, so your results aren't that out of line at all. Sometimes HR is just really bad indoors, and that's especially the time to avoid trying to amp big. Dropping more probes generally won't help during whatever that time period is.

It's just allegory on my part, but FOMA seems to be really prone to dry spells compared to other indoor areas.

As for Caly, there are plenty of good areas to mine without mobs. Especially with the new resource changes, it's a good time to scope out areas. That especially applies to enmatter since that has better average MU than ores.

That's not too out of the norm. I've gone 70 drops without a hit indoors before during downswings, so your results aren't that out of line at all. Sometimes HR is just really bad indoors, and that's especially the time to avoid trying to amp big. Dropping more probes generally won't help during whatever that time period is.

It's just allegory on my part, but FOMA seems to be really prone to dry spells compared to other indoor areas.

Yeah I get that, but like Ark UG and Hell is still kinda deserted too lol. Plus no traders to sell your ore too on Rock or Ark so you are kinda just screwed trying to maintain and stay for long periods before u have to return to caly to sell stuff. So yeah it is just FOMA option for me, as like I said, I hate caly mining.

So when I do a trip to FOMA, I just now have to TP down to Caly to sell my ore which is 7peds lol.

So should I wait a few more hours? and then finish the last 100 drops? Or should I just finish them now and bite the bullet for the 900ped loss hahaha :D Because to be honest with ya, This is EU. I never ever had a tower in mining. I had my biggest hofs in crafting, but I mined for far longer than I did crafting. Hunting I rarely do though.

Maybe I should just do that, finish this run on FOMA, go back to caly and do some hunting to take my anger out on some mobs for the huge loss again.

But I mean honestly, I could have bought a house to live in, in real life for the money I have deposited and lost in EU over the years, and what do I have to show for it on my account? NOTHING really, Items I own is not much, just clothes, armour a few L guns and my mining equip and some other bits and pieces with no nice MU etc lol, So all that money is just totally LOST. I will never ever see it again will I?

Thanks for the reply though, appreciate it

Yeah I get that, but like Ark UG and Hell is still kinda deserted too lol. Plus no traders to sell your ore too on Rock or Ark so you are kinda just screwed trying to maintain and stay for long periods before u have to return to caly to sell stuff. So yeah it is just FOMA option for me, as like I said, I hate caly mining.

So when I do a trip to FOMA, I just now have to TP down to Caly to sell my ore which is 7peds lol.

So should I wait a few more hours? and then finish the last 100 drops? Or should I just finish them now and bite the bullet for the 900ped loss hahaha :D Because to be honest with ya, This is EU. I never ever had a tower in mining. I had my biggest hofs in crafting, but I mined for far longer than I did crafting. Hunting I rarely do though.

Maybe I should just do that, finish this run on FOMA, go back to caly and do some hunting to take my anger out on some mobs for the huge loss again.

But I mean honestly, I could have bought a house to live in, in real life for the money I have deposited and lost in EU over the years, and what do I have to show for it on my account? NOTHING really, Items I own is not much, just clothes, armour a few L guns and my mining equip and some other bits and pieces with no nice MU etc lol, So all that money is just totally LOST. I will never ever see it again will I?

Thanks for the reply though, appreciate it
If mining is really bad, I usually come back after a few hours of doing something else if I’m intent on checking a certain area. Plus, FOMA isn’t a single area. One dome could be doing really well and you just happened to pick some bad ones.

Also, why are you paying to TP from FOMA? Just fly down to Caly since it’s not in lootable PVP. If anything, go to Monria if you want to pay the TP charge to get back to Caly. That way you can also get to DSEC-9, both of which are untaxed indoor mining. DSEC-9 is better for mob free areas than Monria though.

I’m not an expert on mining, but it seems silly to expect stability with 100 ish rolls. If I shot 100 mobs and complained about loot people would laugh at me. 10,000 rolls will get me something resembling 95%.
To me, it seems amped indoor mining is solely designated for the gamblers who get the thrill of the hofs and the insanely wealthy who can ride out the low periods. Might not be for you.

Mindark swap to hardcap tt 90% again in 17/12/11 or 16/12/11 - 3:00 am Mindark time enjoy boys

Since you do foma just be ready to tt 84% because tax

If mining is really bad, I usually come back after a few hours of doing something else if I’m intent on checking a certain area. Plus, FOMA isn’t a single area. One dome could be doing really well and you just happened to pick some bad ones.

Also, why are you paying to TP from FOMA? Just fly down to Caly since it’s not in lootable PVP. If anything, go to Monria if you want to pay the TP charge to get back to Caly. That way you can also get to DSEC-9, both of which are untaxed indoor mining. DSEC-9 is better for mob free areas than Monria though.

Yeah but I tried Monria once, and that was not very good. If I recall that was just normal sized claims like it is on Caly mining. So not really any advantages to mining on Monria, plus like I said. MOBS are just all over the domes on Monria too lol. So I just hate mining in Domes or areas where mobs are because I have lost a few claims as a result of mobs being in the way, in the past on Caly mining, not big claims but it is just a pain in the arse lol.

Indoor mining is my thing because I prefer the bigger claim sizes because they have longer time to be able to extract them before they expire and you lose it. So that is why I prefer Indoor and always have :)

Oh and I am a gambler that is in response to another member who replied :)

I am now just finishing the drops now, so I just had another claim Large Lyst. 85 drops to go.

If I recall that was just normal sized claims like it is on Caly mining. So not really any advantages to mining on Monria

Not true, Monria is untaxed indoor mining. So lower HR, bigger claims just like Hell, Foma and Ark UG.

Not true, Monria is untaxed indoor mining. So lower HR, bigger claims just like Hell, Foma and Ark UG.

Oh ok, well like I said I only been their once so I could not remember lol. But I do recall the mobs spawns was massive and there was loads of them everywhere and it just left no room to mine freely without the mobs either killing you or you killing them if they was low level mobs. I am not a big hunter so I only have Armour for low level mobs. I just use Musca Adjusted with 2a Armour Plating I then just use the Calytrek L guns too.

if you like gambling go to fort argus pvp unlootable and join the bandwagon of pyrite hunters......

I to have come back after a long break..

the swing for indoor mining are a lot bigger now. Just got to keep grinding, but remember you’ll always lose in the long run.

also, never play in a Monday loot is always dead..

So I take very long breaks from playing EU because I have lost thousands and thousands and thousands of pounds in this game over the years.

But I mean I again stumped into my temptation and did some big deposits again last week, and today I decided to do a trip to FOMA for old time sake, So I bought 4 Range Enhancers 1 for my finder 105 and 6 level 7 amps.

So long story short, I have now taken a break from the mining while I contemplate because this is purely CRIMINAL?

I done 134 drops out of the total 234 drops for all 6 amps. 3 amps are now dead and my return so far is 2 claims, YES YOU HEARD THAT CORRECT 2 CLAIMS. A 249 Cumbriz hof and a Large Cald 47ped.

it was 234 drops total for 6 amps because level 7 is 39 drops for Ore only each amp so just 39 X 6 = 234

So basically this trip has cost me 1.2K peds and it appears I will be on course to lose 900peds. So I need a damn miracle in my last 100 drops or should I just stop now? I mean surely this is just criminal NO? I mean how in the hell is it even possible to do 134 drops with just 2 damn claims. I only do ORE. I will not do enmatter because I hate it.

So I would really love to know is FOMA really this bad now? I mean FOMA used to be bad in the past too, but now it is deserted, I saw like 1 person here this whole time. No traders here anymore like there used to be. It is just totally abandoned lol.

I do not like mining on caly because of the mobs scattered all over and I hate running into them, I know I can just use vehicles and mine with them next to me, but I hated that years ago. But I was thinking I would have had more claims than what I have had in all of those drops. But NOPE.

Thanks everyone for reading my rant question post. I appreciate any replies you may have though, I am all ears to see if this is normal now on foma or not haha.

RJ
You have to understand.
1) you loose on Markup of amps (~15%) and 5% on tax on indoor land, and 10% on MA tax (as mining returns are 90% tt)
Basically your return will be ~70% of initial run.
So from 2000 ped run - you should expect 1400 ped return.

2) It is very unlikely you will get any markup resources, at maximum ~107%, so lets optimistically say you will get 1500 peds.

3) Main thing in this game economy is deterring of return. MA can not give you back 1400 peds in this run, as nobody will be playing this rip off.

They hold randomly 30-50% of return for a few months. It helps them to collect some unreturned amount for you and then, once, give you a big hof.

Some people say it's directly related to spend peds (we talk about few million peds turnover) some say it's just some time interval. But this is how all this shit works. You will not get anything more than they owe you. (Sometimes it's happens, but then you will be dried until all above fold is spent, returns in this period can be as big as 20% of tt)

also you just confessed you spend 0.5% of your money paying 7 peds for fast travel ;)

There's a study done a while back by a data science group that tested mining returns in EU over 10,000 loot instances and they found that over that larger number of runs loot does returns to around the 95% TT value on average, at the very worst it was at least 91%. Obviously things could have changed in the years since that study but it feels right from the limited data I've collected and reading other people's experiences, the solution might be and I mean no disrespect with this statement "don't play at a level where your bank roll can't sustain heavy volatility" (&tax) such as amped indoor mining.

Well I got a few globals and a few more claims to make it not as a bad of a loss, I also calculated the total Spend wrong too. 768 + 60peds for the 4 range enhancers and 234peds for the probes so total was about 1062peds.

I now can not check the total ore TT value cos servers down. But I think I am about 700peds TT return, so a loss of 362peds, when servers go back up, I feel I wanna go kill some arganauts. As I said I am a low hunter, I mean I did used to have Martial L armour at one point when I went bad degen uneco hunting, but now when I hunt I try to be more eco lol.

Can some kind soul please remind me where the arg are please? I forgot? They used to be near Port Atlantas I think in the past, but can not remember what majority they was? Thanks again everyone for replies and help I really appreciate it :)

It is nice to be back playing though for a while even if I end up taking a long break again haha

I hope that when the Unreal Engine 5 version gets released it will bring a lot of new investments and new partners that will bring more big money people into the game and make the economy better so our return can get better again. As the return has been getting worse and worse for years now as player base goes down and down. It is just so sad.

Well I got a few globals and a few more claims to make it not as a bad of a loss, I also calculated the total Spend wrong too. 768 + 60peds for the 4 range enhancers and 234peds for the probes so total was about 1062peds.

I now can not check the total ore TT value cos servers down. But I think I am about 700peds TT return, so a loss of 362peds, when servers go back up, I feel I wanna go kill some arganauts. As I said I am a low hunter, I mean I did used to have Martial L armour at one point when I went bad degen uneco hunting, but now when I hunt I try to be more eco lol.

Can some kind soul please remind me where the arg are please? I forgot? They used to be near Port Atlantas I think in the past, but can not remember what majority they was? Thanks again everyone for replies and help I really appreciate it :)

It is nice to be back playing though for a while even if I end up taking a long break again haha

I hope that when the Unreal Engine 5 version gets released it will bring a lot of new investments and new partners that will bring more big money people into the game and make the economy better so our return can get better again. As the return has been getting worse and worse for years now as player base goes down and down. It is just so sad.
good spawn of lowish lvl argonauts is West of Twin Peaks. Just follow the road out and youll see them.

good spawn of lowish lvl argonauts is West of Twin Peaks. Just follow the road out and youll see them.

Cheers. I appreciate it :)

I am not looking forward to flying back to caly from FOMA in case I get out of the protection zone. But when I get back I will be selling ore then going to get those Argo's lol Thanks again and happy holidays everyone :)

Cheers. I appreciate it :)

I am not looking forward to flying back to caly from FOMA in case I get out of the protection zone. But when I get back I will be selling ore then going to get those Argo's lol Thanks again and happy holidays everyone :)
Unless you are completely inebriated you won't fly out of the safezones on your way to caly. They may have been tiny envelopes around the stations back in your day but now they are much larger.

@Katie Chalmers - But what direction do I fly to, do I aim at the planet? Because if I aim at the planet I will get out of those Blue areas and then enter the Lootable zones. Please HELP

When I first started mining and skilling up, I had a 20k peds bankroll and dropped all that unamped.
I'd get back 90-92% TT, and with 20% average markup, I would be making 1600 ped profit per month.

make a waypoint on the map
enter spaceship
aim the waypoint
press V to zoom and corect route
put a waypoint halfway avoiding "blue zone" or space monster lairs and as you reach it make second point to planet and rereoute

When I first started mining and skilling up, I had a 20k peds bankroll and dropped all that unamped.
I'd get back 90-92% TT, and with 20% average markup, I would be making 1600 ped profit per month.

Yes I started out like that too. When I started mining on this Avatar.

When I first played the game was when it was still pre alpha when it was called Project Entropia. I had a different avatar then and I actually made money from just being a trader, I never deposited, and just started by sweating and doing bits and pieces and helping others, advertising I will heal them etc and earn some peds, then used those peds to buy items I then resold etc, back then there was no Market Value in game as such so it was very nice for traders to make nice money reselling items. So I made some really nice profit and I just kept growing my peds more and more and more, Until I decided to just cashout. I did mine a bit too on that old account on Caly when you could also mine UNDERWATER, yes YOU was able to mine underwater and swim, it was awesome, but it was very disorientating lol.

I miss the old days soo badly :)

make a waypoint on the map
enter spaceship
aim the waypoint
press V to zoom and corect route
put a waypoint halfway avoiding "blue zone" or space monster lairs and as you reach it make second point to planet and rereoute

It is to complicated, this is why I do not mind paying the 7peds it is too much work and too much risk involved if you get it wrong and get shot and lose all your loot.

Thanks for the help though :)

I will just go back into foma and TP down

Just fly west into planet. Don’t head north at all. You’ll hit the landing zone which covers the entire western server boundary

Just fly west into planet. Don’t head north at all. You’ll hit the landing zone which covers the entire western server boundary

Thanks but I will just stick to TP down as I always have just to be safe, I do not mind spending the 7peds anyway :)

At least then I am guaranteed getting back safely lol. I am back in Twin Peaks, I am currently killing Argos, thanks again :D Where are the stronger Argos? a bit higher than Young? Mature and maybe Old?

RJ
It's indoor casino, what did you expect? Would you complain if you won 800k peds? would you ask if it's fair ? NO

Back