Avatar mass-creation for huge advantage. Action?

UnaAlconbury

Prowler
Society
Rangers
Una Griph Alconbury
Okay, so would need you to address this, Mindark. This year's Christmas gift from Next Island, Holiday Cookies, give 35% run speed and 50% skill gain buff for 5 hours. You get 10 cookies for free upon visiting NI now during holidays. They are currently selling for 7 ped each, so a very easy 70 ped worth per avatar visiting NI.

People are currently mass-producing new avatars, jumping down from Genesis to Next Island, relogging for a quick 10 Holiday Cookies, trading to their main avatar, rinse, repeat. 70 PED easy profit every 3-4 minutes or so. OR a huge advantage building up thousands of hours of 50% skill bonus for free. Those who do not exploit this fall behind. In a skill-based game, this is a highly problematic situation.

In an environment where you are already set back and falling behind if you don't use macros and bots running 24/7, can we expect you to not give a feck about this too, Mindark? Or will you actually take action and ban these people? Should really be easy enough running some transaction log script.

Or should we all just stop being so naively law-abiding and join in on the fun too so we don't fall behind? Let's hear.

Okay, so would need you to address this, Mindark. This year's Christmas gift from Next Island, Holiday Cookies, give 35% run speed and 50% skill gain buff for 5 hours. You get 10 cookies for free upon visiting NI now during holidays. They are currently selling for 7 ped each, so a very easy 70 ped worth per avatar visiting NI.

People are currently mass-producing new avatars, jumping down from Genesis to Next Island, relogging for a quick 10 Holiday Cookies, trading to their main avatar, rinse, repeat. 70 PED easy profit every 3-4 minutes or so. OR a huge advantage building up thousands of hours of 50% skill bonus for free. Those who do not exploit this fall behind. In a skill-based game, this is a highly problematic situation.

In an environment where you are already set back and falling behind if you don't use macros and bots running 24/7, can we expect you to not give a feck about this too, Mindark? Or will you actually take action and ban these people? Should really be easy enough running some transaction log script.

Or should we all just stop being so naively law-abiding and join in on the fun too so we don't fall behind? Let's hear.
Nothing will happen. It sucks, but it is what it is, you either create many avatars yourself and stack cookies, or you'll fall behind (I got enough stacks of skill pills from boxes opening, probably enough for the next 8 years of skilling).

You sure a newly created avatar gets them also?
Games use to limit to toons/avatars/characters to get only if was created before the giveaway started.
Would be lame if every new avatar just gets them.

You sure a newly created avatar gets them also?
Games use to limit to toons/avatars/characters to get only if was created before the giveaway started.
Would be lame if every new avatar just gets them.
Yep, every new avatar gets them.

From NI Discord just now:

Socrates — 18:40
Statement on the NI Christmas Gifts.

As you may all be aware, the Holiday Cookies included as part of the Next Island Christmas gifts are currently tradable. These were not intended to be tradable, and thus will be corrected in a future patch to make them non-tradable. To address some raised concern, farming new accounts is a violation of the Entropia Terms of Use, and these accounts will be reviewed by MA, along with the end user where gained PEDs end up. We hope this provides some clarity on the issue.

Excellent, kudos for swift response, Socrates!

Trade logs - MA has them. Delete all avatars who abuse this including their main avatars. Also in the future make all gifts UNTRADEABLE. There's no reason for them to be tradeable and in a RCE game that is mandatory to prevent such exploiting. All people who purchase these cookies assuming they have not been consumed should get the amount of ped they paid for them returned to them and cookies removed from inventory... Tho it's unlikely that's gonna happen.

withdrawal fees make it almost worthless to do this. assuming MA isn't going to just inspect this and block the withdrawal and ban the player anyways.

it's easier to sift through exploitor withdrawals than it is to filter avatar creation.

Haha yup, seen at least one here on forum who's sitting on a few hundred of them😂
Hey, its me :D I had few hundred of them but i sold almost all. I was buying them at NI almost 24/7 so i can tell that many ppl were abusing multiaccounts to stack cookies but i was scanning everyone i traded with to avoid these people, i reported couple of them but there was no other results other than automated message from ma. The whole situation was hillarious tho :D Cookie pirates were patrolling NI and whole pilgrimages were traveling to sell their cookies at paradise landing :D

Sometimes I wonder why I hunt and spend my money instead of joining the rich group of sweaters and start making money... I mean, who buys these cookies, a friend asks because he wants to make few peds.

I still have quite a few conventional skill pills from previous events, mostly 100% pills for either 1 or 5 hrs. But as people quite often sell their gifts almost right away, I decided to buy a few stacks of cookies from the auction. Maybe I'd use them myself or maybe sell slowly from my caravan shop as they start to get rarer.
I now see that there is going to be a massive supply depending on just how many alts are being created. I read somewhere that only avatars created before Xmas would get them, but it appears even this precaution has not been applied! The auction price has mostly been 80 pedsish for 10, but I have no idea what the street price has been.
How the heck does MA now sort out the mess? Are MA going to freeze the auctions and remove tradability at the same time? What will happen when 'the cookie crumbles'?!

From #9 quote copied in by Una: "these [farming new] accounts will be reviewed by MA, along with the end user where gained PEDs end up. We hope this provides some clarity on the issue."
Now that'd be interesting. MA grabs the peds from (each?) end user where peds end up. That'd be sales side, but I have bought cookies. Does that mean MA effectively selling them to us via the naughty ones? Or will they buy back our cookies above a 10 stack each?

Maybe you can use that tiering skill buyback code you have - or did you never actually write the code for that even?

index.php

From #9 quote copied in by Una: "these [farming new] accounts will be reviewed by MA, along with the end user where gained PEDs end up. We hope this provides some clarity on the issue."
Now that'd be interesting. MA grabs the peds from (each?) end user where peds end up. That'd be sales side, but I have bought cookies. Does that mean MA effectively selling them to us via the naughty ones? Or will they buy back our cookies above a 10 stack each?

Maybe you can use that tiering skill buyback code you have - or did you never actually write the code for that even?

I honestly don't see a problem situation. I don't like it when the market is manipulated, but that's not part of the loot, so I personally don't think it's an advantage for anyone ... and MA already knows who made how many accounts because of their IP.

However, I understand that NI can boast of a population ... as well as Jack and Theo that they have cookies for the whole winter ... nothing wrong about advantage, anyway, the skill pills fall more often than the loot itself.

Lol so that's your reaction to OP? Was obviously a rhetorical question to help getting the point across. I'm sorry for your tone-deafness.
Yeah, sorry. I was kinda in a bad mood when I saw your post and tbh, I actually have read folks and know of folks who are lemmings. Literally. Allowing themselves to be guided by what "the group" wants.

I get that you may have been using that comment as a taunt to try to get some action from MA. Sorry that I reacted so harshly.

Have you ever recently tryed to make a new avatar? It requires a new email adress and more than 3-4 minutes to do it. But for sure 70 peds profit in less than 30 minutes worth it. Ban Hammer wont happen 100% for them.

... On second thought, nvm.

There is nothing wrong with having the gifts be tradeable though. We need to reduce the non-transferable stuff in a RCE not increase it.

Instead, just limit gifts to Avatars created before xmas gifts are available.

Last edited:
Back