Suggestion: need more tier comps!

should tier comps be added to seasonal boxes?

• yes!

• no!

• i dont care either way!

• everything is perfectly balanced!

Results are only viewable after voting.
i dont expect anything
just i think that putting thata in the box is a bad solution.
just to remain on topic

Try to look at this from another perspective. What you really ask is that we should buy all needed materials from TT and sell all our loot there. Is this good or bad for the game?
There is sure an intermediate way between making everything TT food and having to farm the same mob for 5 years in order to tier up your item.

If MA increases the availability of tier comps then there will be some other material or hoop to jump through that will slow the process down.

I know it takes a long time to find tier comps but that is by design. It also adds some variability to the market a tier 0 item with a low tier rate will command a lesser price than a tier 0 with a higher tier rate and tier 0 and tier 10 items varying greatly in price. Tiering just adds a layer of scalability and enhancement to your items plus it generates more churn via enhancer crafting.

So you have a choice grind a mob that drops the items you need and mine the materials as well or pay someone else for their time to do so. I was grinding away on a level 7 tier comps until I decided it was less expensive to sell my tier 6.99 item and buy a tier 7.99 item and then sell my materials on the market. The linear progression is not always the best option especially if the materials are difficult to find. Tiering that item to level 8 was far less expensive than going from 6 to 7 on the one I sold. That being said I started to collect my tiering materials for 8 to 9 now as the item ticks up through use instead of paying a lot of markup down the road. My armor will probably never see tier 5 but that is more about enhancer availability and cost VS tier comps.

In many aspects EU is challenging by design the further you progress as are most game otherwise it would be boring. There is a cost to doing business and it comes in terms of PED and/or time.

There is sure an intermediate way between making everything TT food and having to farm the same mob for 5 years in order to tier up your item.
Ask @Smilgs how long he would have to grind to Get enough esis to chip out then. By that Logic everything that is rare and hard should be made easier to aquire. When the supply increses the demand is filled and markup disappears. Then we are back to a TT in and TTout game. There’s a bunch of tier 10guns in game and almost all UL gear is tiered so it looks like it works fine as it is. Increasing supply further would make everyone go to t10 since there is no cost with it. Should we then complain of the low supply of high dps UL guns in loot since that’s the next way of increasing dps?

Ask @Smilgs how long he would have to grind to Get enough esis to chip out then. By that Logic everything that is rare and hard should be made easier to aquire. When the supply increses the demand is filled and markup disappears. Then we are back to a TT in and TTout game. There’s a bunch of tier 10guns in game and almost all UL gear is tiered so it looks like it works fine as it is. Increasing supply further would make everyone go to t10 since there is no cost with it. Should we then complain of the low supply of high dps UL guns in loot since that’s the next way of increasing dps?
between 100% and 750% I see an infinite number of intermediate markup levels that the balancing manager (barf barf) can work with

between 100% and 750% I see an infinite number of intermediate markup levels that the balancing manager (barf barf) can work with
Let’s hope he don’t. The last thing we need in this game is to remove more markup.. if they do this I want esis to be as common as thyroid oil as I could use them for cheap since I loot them at a low frequency and it’s to expensive/impossible to get enough of them. See the logic?

the markup isnt created by rarity
the markup isnt created by rarity, the markup is created by demand
If demand>Supply markup will rise so they are most def related.

If the demand is 100pcs and they drop 90PCs the MU will increase. If demand is 100pcs and they drop 1000 there is no Supply issue and the price will go down. How can you then say that it’s not created by rarity? The demand was always 100pcs.

ammount of tier upgreading needed is a limited ammount, you increase drop rate of tier comps MU can only go down, but at some point it wont be needed anymore, and then MU almost completely disapears, its not like atm MU is so high nobody is buying, im ok with how it is, market is a selfcorecting thing anyway

think the armor tiering stuff needs to be rebalanced.

either lower materials needed to tier armor or increase materials in game so tier comps are not 800% and most minerals should be easy to collect or separate tier comps in to 3 categories.. Tool Tier comps, Armor Tier Comps and Weapon Tier comps.
like many LOW TT armors such as Angel, gorgon and cyrene armors only needs 10% of materials that armors like Protector of the Empire requires to tier up. protection of Angel and PotE armors are very similar so why does PotE require 90% more of materials?? makes 0 sense.

:twocents:

Hunters that want to purposely lower some of the little MU left in order to get luxuries like tiering completed are pretty short sighted, I agree tier costs for armor could be rebalance but even then I am perhaps a little biased with a set sitting at 2.99 likely to never move,.

LOL yea im asking for everyone to give me everything for TT..

you know if MA track record show they make very few mistakes then maybe i wouldnt make sucha fuss out of it, but we know thats not the case... they never get anything right on first try, or are you ppl new to this game???

Infamous, also don't forget that this is one of very few ways that little hunters like myself get to make mu off the big hunters like yourself. It must be very frustrating that you can not tier your armor, I get that, but cutting ingredients by "50% minimum" is too much in my opinion.

i dont see how im suppose to pay 10,000 ped in MU alone for 7 armor pieces to go from 2.99 to 3.00 when Angel armor which has similar protection for 7 pieces would cost less than 1,000 ped in MU.. how is this fair??

i dont see how im suppose to pay 10,000 ped in MU alone for 7 armor pieces to go from 2.99 to 3.00 when Angel armor which has similar protection for 7 pieces would cost less than 1,000 ped in MU.. how is this fair??
You should see the tier costs of my wormslayer lol, over 30k ped to tier to 3. Its stupidly ridiculous

Sell your armor buy angel ?

You should see the tier costs of my wormslayer lol, over 30k ped to tier to 3. Its stupidly ridiculous
definitely needs to be rebalanced OR find me the fountain of youth cuz i'll need 300 years to gather tier comps to trying to get this armor to tier 10

In my mind, a "set" of armor is one item. A weapon is one item., a FAP is one item. Tier costs should be reflective of this mindset.

i have said it once on my own thread regarding the tier comps,
i will say it here again..

ppl talk soo much out of ignorance or based on gut not math....

so, bring me math.....

how can be lower your income when u have a double a mount of tier comps in loot, even 3 times more?

enlight me pls

just sayn'

i have said it once on my own thread regarding the tier comps,
i will say it here again..

ppl talk soo much out of ignorance or based on gut not math....

so, bring me math.....

how can be lower your income when u have a double a mount of tier comps in loot, even 3 times more?

enlight me pls

just sayn'
question is a bit confusing, who is this aimed at?

The only thing unbalanced as far as tiering goes is the armor bit.

A definite NO to tier components in boxes. Also a softer "no" from my end to changing the current drop rate. This is a collaborative multiplayer game with an economy and not a single player standalone game. If you are hoping to get everything on your own without engaging with the economy then i believe it is the mindset that needs to be changed.

Currently seeing the tier component in loot gives a nice feeling as a hunter. Personally, I really like it. Increasing availability by say 5x would not really change the profitability part at all but it would affect the fun experienced by a hunter when he sees it in the loot. Much like getting an esi in loot.

That said, armor has always been stupidly balanced as far as tiering is concerned. Its been broken so long that i think MA just does not touch this knowing it will piss someone off if they made any armor specific changes to tiering.

Short term np in long run some will be tt food. But thats my little understanding.

question is a bit confusing, who is this aimed at?
to some who have the same thoughts like ....
👇

Infamous, also don't forget that this is one of very few ways that little hunters like myself get to make mu off the big hunters like yourself. It must be very frustrating that you can not tier your armor, I get that, but cutting ingredients by "50% minimum" is too much in my opinion.

@ moondog i disagree, saving items for personal use just means that you do not cash int eh markup but use for yourself.
apart the fact that for your loot it has 100 ped impact and not 700, if you would sell at 700% to other that is the effect on
the total market.
dropping 7x the actual drops would bring the price to 105 like for socket comps
is really that what you want?
i prefer to pay (in case i want) some more to tier, but i tier ONCE, i can sell tier componenet 100 times.....
crushing even more the poor MU pool of any hint would make all the system worse.

@ OP. i casted NO for boxes, tehose already have a break even of 2.14 ped or so, are sold for 1 ped more each,
let ppl loot some mayhem amps that some poor math player buy at insane price... maybe they can recoup cost of box....
Another suggestion that benefits the OP.

What about the people that actually go out looking for the MU? The people who don't waste their time overcomplicating and theorizing over an algorithm they have no control over anyway. Buddy listen, I got lots of tier 3s I don't see myself needing anymore. Throw a little dough around and maybe you find your solution.

Short term np in long run some will be tt food. But thats my little understanding.
like i said, gimme some math, i dont care what an opinion says ... i m into math calculations, cause there i can see the thruth

and if i m thinking now... i m not wondering anymore why so many ppl in this game whine all the way down eeach and every day cause they cannot see the math behind the game

eff has math..dpp has math.. even looter is part of a larger math.. it is all a big and interesting equation while most of the ppl just do things based on... hunch and first sight

gimme data when u and others have an opinion, feelings wont give results

Well, then don't. Nobody forces you to tier it up.
Sell your PoE and buy angel instead if you want to tier.

Thinking your way, I could argue how unfair it is that my weapon only gives back 91% TT while others give back 97% for the same amount of ammo used. How is that fair?

So, what you have here is that PeO is a very nice and rare special armour, but it has 1 huge disadvantage and that is the insane tiering costs. That's one of the features of that armor set.
Instead of wanting to change that, you could also except that, even though it does not make sense (like many other things in EU that dont make sense)

I am trying to tier my Imp Angel set to 3 atm. I need just over 7k tier 3 Comps.
RIP ped card.
They do need to increase tier Comps in loot. But they should not add them to boxes.

I like the idea of adding them to respective mayhem categories. Keep them as a rarer drop still so there’s some MU on them.

Someone who hunts more for tier comps specifically would be better suited to answer this, but if tier comp MU did drop, would that really affect your overall returns? Are they a significant enough portion of your loot TT (including shrap), that your net returns would change by a lot?

On the mining side if I get a couple rare ores that are 700-1000%, that might just raise my net returns from say 100.5% to 100.55% as an illustrative example. If the MU crashed on that resource, it wouldn’t really affect my returns because I get so little TT of it anyways.

In concept tier components seem to be a rough parallel, though the matter of degree might vary a bit. At least in theory, MA should be able to rebalance a bit where hunters won’t notice much change while increasing availability because these are not extremely common loots.

Back