MindArk Q&A at LAN 2022

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
This is a video cut from the stream of SOLO doing LAN 2022 where MindArk attended and did a short Q&A.

You can find the full Twitch video here:

Here is the snippet of the Q&A part only I uploaded to YouTube in case the Twitch video isn’t available.

Enjoy!

Great to hear Mindark responding to the questions.

They seem to be holding a lot to the new engine.

Reactions: jak
Yikes. Avoiding player count numbers is very concerning.

Some Snippets.

-Sounds like they have not started working with UE5 within the game. They are still learning how to use the engine. No timetable for Unreal Engine 5 as they are wrapping up pre production.

-What's more important Player retention or Player acquisition? Player retention is important and getting their feedback to keep them. But we also need new players as well. PLAYER RETENTION IS MORE IMPORTANT.

-Is it possible to see how many people are online? Not something they want to share. They can not say why. No further explanation

-Will Mayhem store continue to be restocked regularly? Talked to balanced team members, there will be some restocking. Not sure if it will be same items or the same price though.

-Space is unavailable to a lot of players. Plans to make content more accessible for everyone? Intentional to have a barrier to enter space. No plans to hare right now to make it easier. But it sounds like some people want it so maybe we will talk about it.

-Any plans to look over old lv 100 weapons and lower requirements to make them more usable? First answer is NO. There's been small discussions, but no plans for all the useless weapons in the game.

-Chance to sell whole clothing or armor sets in the auction house? We want to do it for the new Engine, but we won't it before then or we will have to redo it.

-A lot of empty shops and apartments. Any plans with having them available? Probably but not all at once. For different event rewards, sales etc.

-Plans to add armor/clothing preview before purchase? We want to but will wait until new engine, same answer as clothing and armor sets. Why spend time and resources unless it is very easy to do before UE5.
BUT TELL US WHAT YOU WANT SO WE CAN MAKE A PRIORITY LIST

-Buffs are so small to read. Can you do something to fix that? Tied to the UI update, very tedious and hard to make it work. We have paused the project. Currently not happening at least until UE5 potentially.

That interview was so awkward to watch, like MA was forced to be there. Basically no information given and i laughed so hard when community manager said how active she is on forum 😀

That interview was so awkward to watch, like MA was forced to be there. Basically no information given and i laughed so hard when community manager said how active she is on forum 😀
They have a community manager? Huh... Well that's news to all of us

May be sharing players numbers will affect the prices of ingame items.
I'm not sure how far are they with UE5, but seems like they invented time travel and are back in LAN times. :dj:

I would be happy if they publish some draft roadmap with timeline for implementation of UE5. Some general deadlines could be given.

Roadmaps are so 2012
Its about wording. Doesnt mather is it roadmap or timline whatever. Just some draft dates. Even if they are not followed exactlly we can at least predict if its going to be in 2024 or 2036.

We know the player base isn't huge. But it would be nice to have some official numbers from MindArk.

Looks like we have about 3700 hunters with globals this week. Seems to rise above 4k during busy Mayhems:

udwoCZ0.png

They said they had about 3million accounts that where active. This was like 3-4years ago tho. Nothing about how much everyone plays or anything.

May be sharing players numbers will affect the prices of ingame items.
I'm not sure how far are they with UE5, but seems like they invented time travel and are back in LAN times. :dj:
According to the AMA they literally have not started even using the engine for Entropia related content and that they are still learning how to use the engine. They specifically said they were trying to exit "pre-production" They don't know what they will need to recreate versus just recode versus just tweak.

We know the player base isn't huge. But it would be nice to have some official numbers from MindArk.

Looks like we have about 3700 hunters with globals this week. Seems to rise above 4k during busy Mayhems:
I use EL benchmark too but...... we can agree that Calytrade channel is the most populated among chats so...
looking at calytrade participants we had 10k to 20k unique per day IDs
strip off sweaters and miner/crafting bots / afkers / "start dungeon ALT Exploiters" (yes we got ppl making alts to run icarus dungeon for ammo reward and in large quantity)
i dare to say we got 5k to max 10k "active" player
among those 70% are registered into Entropialife (they use it to track and for events)
top Entropialife i remember was dec20 mayhem with 5300 unique globallers.
Playerbase is so thin that it is embarassing to disclose it IMHO

(5k paying customer need to buy 75m ped per year to let the balance account keep the same..... it is 1500 USD per year for "average Joe")
maths dont lie.... marketing managers often do :)

-What's more important Player retention or Player acquisition? Player retention is important and getting their feedback to keep them. But we also need new players as well. PLAYER RETENTION IS MORE IMPORTANT.
Bollocks... would you not need to put at least some effort into customer support if this was even true?
Or is the two departments so disconnected that the board members and devs think that everything is fine cause they never checked and just assumed everything is ok?
MindArks customer support is bad... so bad on such an epic level it's a meme of the community that "MindArk does not care".

Bollocks... would you not need to put at least some effort into customer support if this was even true?
Or is the two departments so disconnected that the board members and devs think that everything is fine cause they never checked and just assumed everything is ok?
MindArks customer support is bad... so bad on such an epic level it's a meme of the community that "MindArk does not care".
your lamentation has been sent to the competent department, it will be taken care promptly
*trashes the note*

This is a video cut from the stream of SOLO doing LAN 2022 where MindArk attended and did a short Q&A.

You can find the full Twitch video here:

Here is the snippet of the Q&A part only I uploaded to YouTube in case the Twitch video isn’t available.

Enjoy!
Super Cool! Many friends there and super fun!!

:yay:

I recently created a support ticket, because a quest at Arkadia moon is charging 40 PED to start the quest but ends up with a bug and giving 0 rewards.
MindArk basically told me "we have forwarded this to our planet partner. By the way, the planet partner might not have any way to get back to you. maybe you can check future VU's and hope for the best".

I recently created a support ticket, because a quest at Arkadia moon is charging 40 PED to start the quest but ends up with a bug and giving 0 rewards.
MindArk basically told me "we have forwarded this to our planet partner. By the way, the planet partner might not have any way to get back to you. maybe you can check future VU's and hope for the best".
I got the exact same copy paste in regards to the Smuggler Chain being broken.

Back