Help: Should Rare Tokens be This Hard to Get?

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
I have opened in excess of $43,000 in seasonal boxes in my attempts to acquire the my last rare mayhem token. Prior to this is spent about $12k USD to take 2nd place in FFA (yeah i know but goals are goals and it wasn't about the money).

I have been sitting on some 130k+ M tokens and 1 rare for much of the duration of this mayhem. I have paid for top dps equipment. I have hired shooters. I have min-maxed to the utmost potential with the resources at my disposal. It is not a matter of "doing something different."

This is a case of randomness, volatility, and results that seem to be outside reasonable boundaries of what you would expect to see after cycling over 2.1 million ped and opening 43k seasonal boxes in a 6 month span. Support has directed me to ask on forums what i could be doing differently so i'd love to hear thoughts and suggestions while also brining up the question of whether rare tokens should be this difficult to obtain and whether, in a real cash virtual universe, the developers should be able to bottleneck players by making rare tokens (only rares specifically) untradeable between players.

Below is deposit histories for proof - i've edited out withdrawals and a wire that i used to purchase LP70 FEN back in november/december.

i must stress again this is not about the money. box markups are about breakeven with amp/ring sales and you can just cycle the ammo and withdraw it. this is about when volatility becomes absurdity.

index.php

Loot rate seems about right to me. I had conjectured maybe 1 in 40k boxes opened...but that means you can go 2-3 times that number and not get one...

I have opened in excess of $43,000 in seasonal boxes in my attempts to acquire the my last rare mayhem token. Prior to this is spent about $12k USD to take 2nd place in FFA (yeah i know but goals are goals and it wasn't about the money).

I have been sitting on some 130k+ M tokens and 1 rare for much of the duration of this mayhem. I have paid for top dps equipment. I have hired shooters. I have min-maxed to the utmost potential with the resources at my disposal. It is not a matter of "doing something different."

This is a case of randomness, volatility, and results that seem to be outside reasonable boundaries of what you would expect to see after cycling over 2.1 million ped and opening 43k seasonal boxes in a 6 month span. Support has directed me to ask on forums what i could be doing differently so i'd love to hear thoughts and suggestions while also brining up the question of whether rare tokens should be this difficult to obtain and whether, in a real cash virtual universe, the developers should be able to bottleneck players by making rare tokens (only rares specifically) untradeable between players.

Below is deposit histories for proof - i've edited out withdrawals and a wire that i used to purchase LP70 FEN back in november/december.

i must stress again this is not about the money. box markups are about breakeven with amp/ring sales and you can just cycle the ammo and withdraw it. this is about when volatility becomes absurdity.
Contrary to what knuckleheads say...

I had 4 in 24k boxes.

Loot rate seems about right to me. I had conjectured maybe 1 in 40k boxes opened...but that means you can go 2-3 times that number and not get one...
did you open millions of boxes to find this out? and how much mayhem shooting are you doing? i didn't know mang changs could drop rare mayhem tokens but maybe i should try there?

support directed me to ask for suggestions, not baseless conjectures.

Thought experiment. Given 15 boxes. 5 of them are 5$ and 10 of them are Rocket's. What are the odds of 4 tokens dropping all into 5$'s boxes?

• Haha
Reactions: jak
Thought experiment. Given 15 boxes. 5 of them are 5$ and 10 of them are Rocket's. What are the odds of 4 tokens dropping all into 5$'s boxes?
send a support message and ask them.

did you open millions of boxes to find this out? and how much mayhem shooting are you doing? i didn't know mang changs could drop rare mayhem tokens but maybe i should try there?

support directed me to ask for suggestions, not baseless conjectures.
No, but prior two removing l-amps/b-amps from rare hofs, you could track the number of l-amps looted to seasonal rings looted.

You could then determine from opening enough boxes how many amplfiiers are looted from opening your own boxes.

Then you can determine the approximate number of rings to box ratio.

When I did this, it was about 30-40k boxes per seasonal ring. I expect the rare token rate to be the same or rarer.

As someone who has opened probably 20k boxes over my eu lifetime without a seasonal, not unheard of.

seasonal rings and rare tokens share the same rarity. i've pull the same number of seasonal rings as $5 has pulled rare tokens. it's simply random luck of the draw, which is part of what i wanted to adress in my OP regarding volatility and randomness that would normally be acceptanle, but probably shouldn't be if the developers are going to bottleneck in game rewards... especially while allowing exploiters to retain benefits of cheating.

I only have to say one thing. Seeing how much you deposit in this virtual game, why dont you just keep the money and invest them in something that actually brings profit for sure, not 90% not 99% returns, something that brings 110%, you can do it easily with that amount. Not to mention the frustration and the time loss which doesnt come back. there are easy investments that could afford you to buy anything in this game without a fear of loss. Is it just fame to get something that makes a 2 seconds swirl that motivates you?

Thus, my thought experiment. It is just a matter of how many ways the same number of items can be distributed...

I only have to say one thing. Seeing how much you deposit in this virtual game, why dont you just keep the money and invest them in something that actually brings profit for sure, not 90% not 99% returns, something that brings 110%, you can do it easily with that amount. Not to mention the frustration and the time loss which doesnt come back. there are easy investments that could afford you to buy anything in this game without a fear of loss. Is it just fame to get something that makes a 2 seconds swirl that motivates you?
the game is entertainment. as i stated before it's not about the money. key purchases come right back out via withdrawals. not just that, but, despite the majority of participants in this game, the OP data is not "a lot of money" for me and afterall this is a game.

i just don't like a game advertising no limitations only to have limitations put on you afterwards.

it's like gatekeeping success... you have the freedom to be successful, but only if you jump through our hoops and purchase required matierals from us and not other players.

don’t try and over math this…… for someone that cycles as much as OP. He should have more than one token… people that invest in the game should be rewarded. Otherwise what’s the point?

1 rare here in 2 mil cost and i open few random boxes at Christmas and got another rare lul

It is all random o know few cases when a player opened 400 boxes and got 2 rares
the random is the problem. I did mining seasonal. I spent like 20k in 3 hours mining foma with lvl 13, and some random guy returns after 2 months break and hits a 100k ath. fack that random. thats just dust in the eyes.

Due to gambling laws, didn't MindArk crack down on "random" event prizes from Land Area owners?

Yet with their event structure, it always seem to be OK when it's random in their favor?

2020-04-30

Official Policy Regarding Participant-Organized Events​

Recently, certain types of participant-organized events in Entropia Universe have become increasingly popular that include a raffle, sweepstakes or other randomized or chance-based component.
Because the marketing of such “raffle” and “sweepstakes” events has become more aggressive over time, and the events have an increasing emphasis on random selection of prize winners, it has become necessary for MindArk to announce and enforce a detailed policy for such events and activities.
Section 8.14 of the Entropia Universe End User License Agreement states:
Gambling activities are expressly forbidden in the Entropia Universe.
In accordance with that section of the EULA, the following policy will be in effect and enforced starting on May 1, 2020:
All participant-organized events or activities that include any sort of randomized winner selection and/or prize distribution process or component are prohibited in Entropia Universe.
This policy is important to ensure that MindArk and Entropia Universe remain in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
If you are uncertain whether an event or activity violates this policy, please open a support case with a detailed description of your proposed event or activity, and the support team will provide guidance. For previously-existing ongoing events that may be in violation of this policy, please contact support for assistance.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

don’t try and over math this…… for someone that cycles as much as OP. He should have more than one token… people that invest in the game should be rewarded. Otherwise what’s the point?
thats bullsheet. everyone should have the same chance in a fair contest. the 10$ depositor as the 100k$ depositor. the difference is the more chances you can buy, the bigger the chance to win.

But when you open boxes you get tt back, so technically not gambling from MA's side.

MU is a different story, but MA doesn't mess with that :D

Due to gambling laws, didn't MindArk crack down on "random" event prizes from Land Area owners?

Yet with their event structure, it always seem to be OK when it's random in their favor?

2020-04-30

Official Policy Regarding Participant-Organized Events​

Recently, certain types of participant-organized events in Entropia Universe have become increasingly popular that include a raffle, sweepstakes or other randomized or chance-based component.
Because the marketing of such “raffle” and “sweepstakes” events has become more aggressive over time, and the events have an increasing emphasis on random selection of prize winners, it has become necessary for MindArk to announce and enforce a detailed policy for such events and activities.
Section 8.14 of the Entropia Universe End User License Agreement states:
Gambling activities are expressly forbidden in the Entropia Universe.
In accordance with that section of the EULA, the following policy will be in effect and enforced starting on May 1, 2020:
All participant-organized events or activities that include any sort of randomized winner selection and/or prize distribution process or component are prohibited in Entropia Universe.
This policy is important to ensure that MindArk and Entropia Universe remain in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
If you are uncertain whether an event or activity violates this policy, please open a support case with a detailed description of your proposed event or activity, and the support team will provide guidance. For previously-existing ongoing events that may be in violation of this policy, please contact support for assistance.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
they are breaking that rule each time someone opens a box.

i'd like to redirect the thread back to the original questions posed.

what can i be doing differently?

should rare tokens be this difficult to obtain?

But when you open boxes you get tt back, so technically not gambling from MA's side.

they are breaking that rule since they force you to loot that rare token which allows you to buy the so money printing weapons

swedish gambling laws would literally disagree with you lmfao

rare tokens shouldnt even exist.

Nothing. That's just the RNG nature of the game. In my opinion you underestimated your risk of not pulling a m token from a box after x number of boxes.

Back