Help: Should Rare Tokens be This Hard to Get?

By my experience i would say u have opened not enough boxes.

i'd like to redirect the thread back to the original questions posed.

what can i be doing differently?

should rare tokens be this difficult to obtain?
not to mention, if you get 1 rare token atm you could just get one A&P Series Mayhem BP-130 or a Mayhem Nano-Blade tops, for better ones you would need to wait or more tokens. i doubt you would take the nano ordinary considering you had the tokens for mod one but not the rares

Nothing. That's just the RNG nature of the game. In my opinion you underestimated your risk of not pulling a m token from a box after x number of boxes.
what should i be doing differently then? everyone else seems to get the rares they need. i'm just following support's advice and asking what i can be doing differently to get a rare token.

what should i be doing differently then? everyone else seems to get the rares they need. i'm just following support's advice and asking what i can be doing differently to get a rare token.
stamina lvl 1??

Grind and pray. Unfortunately, since past events do not dictate future outcomes, your odds of getting a rare token in the future from hunting or boxes are still the same as they were before the past hunting and boxes.

Rare tokens are no different than a rare item loot...

Manage your risk. Don't get over invested.

index.php
i have very expensive feet if you want any photos?!:offtopic:

You really want the rares or the item ? It is ussualy easy to just buy it from others

You really want the rares or the item ? It is ussualy easy to just buy it from others
but what do i do with my tokens then?

if you have someone wanted to trade lp100/mod nano for bp130/lp120/regular nano straight up send em my way.

just try to stream on twitch for few days, and do some free publicity for MA, you could be surprised about the returns :)
Where is my good hits and rare tokens then?

I feel for you. $43k USD is a lot of boxes to open. Which item are you trying to pull? Could you just buy it from a seller with that kind of cash?

I feel for you. $43k USD is a lot of boxes to open. Which item are you trying to pull? Could you just buy it from a seller with that kind of cash?
only if you find me a buyer for bp130 for the same price ;)
i was after lp100 and missed out due to missing a rare.

but again if anyone has suggestions on what i can do differently i'm all ears but i can't really click or shoot any faster.

Hi Rocket, I recommend you try to adjust your expectations, I understand your frustration, but the only thing you can do that you aren't currently doing to increase your chances would be to open even more boxes, as you are already shooting at close to max dps. The "odds" say you probably should have gotten at least 1-2 rare tokens from just shooting mobs by now, from what I'm understanding, but in any rare loot occurrence, it's easy to have a lot of variance. If a rare token drops on average once every 200,000 mob kills (similar to the chance for a 2000x multiplier), as you know from hunting, you can get 4-5 big multipliers in 200,000 or none in over 1 million. That's just how rare events work, especially as MA doesn't seem to adjust your loot chances as your kills increase, so you have to rely on statistical averages evening out. I recommend you continue shooting, as odds are you will eventually get it, and that you open as many boxes as possible in the meantime to increase your chances, understanding that if it's a 1 in 40,000 box chance, you could easily open 100,000 more and get no rare token. Another option I recommend would be to hoard an enormous amount of seasonal boxes and don't open them until the ring is a good one. This would require an investment of at least $10,000, realistically, but you would at least get some good seasonal rings with this strategy instead of the junk ones MA has released in the past three Mayhems. This second recommendation is not one I would recommend unless you can afford to sit on that much money hoarding boxes until the seasonal ring is worth having. So as an example, you buy 50,000 Xmas boxes, or even Easter ones now as they're cheap. You wait 1-2 years, hoping for a better ring, then open them. If you get a rare token by then, or in the next 3-4 Mayhems hunting, then you can resell all those boxes for a profit. Good luck!!

I have opened in excess of $43,000 in seasonal boxes . . .
Just for sake of clarity, were those all seasonal boxes that actually had tokens? IIRC, tokens were only added within the last year to the boxes during that respective mayhem, so right now, only summer boxes remain to have tokens added at this point. I used to open an ok amount of summer boxes around last Halloween and didn't see any regular tokens, but I would pick up regular tokens if we had already hit the respective season for that box (Halloween/Christmas for me).

Last edited:
Just for sake of clarity, were those all seasonal boxes that actually had tokens? IIRC, tokens were only added within the last year to the boxes during that respective mayhem, so right now, only summer boxes remain to have tokens added at this point. I used to open an ok amoutn of summer boxes around last Halloween and didn't see any regular tokens, but I would pick up regular tokens if we had already hit the respective season for that box (Halloween/Christmas for me).
yes. i started opening halloween boxes in halloween. never have i opened a summer box.

the vast majority were xmas boxes. of which i bought 11k of. most from shilda.

Rare items don't fall during low rates... as much as you want. It can fall at the end of the cycle because the overall% ratio changes and if you're lucky "the game can make up for it". But the greatest chance is when the rate is high.

Maybe you should focus more on the time ramps in the game than keeping track of your personal history from a hunting diary... because I'm convinced that's what you're doing.

I'm sure I would have at least 10 Rare Tokens in your place.

only if you find me a buyer for bp130 for the same price ;)
i was after lp100 and missed out due to missing a rare.

but again if anyone has suggestions on what i can do differently i'm all ears but i can't really click or shoot any faster.

I can tell you what to do differently... Stop trying so hard. There are plenty of people who have cycled shitloads and still haven't looted a rare since the new system. I've also seen random noobs loot multiple rare tokens. The new mayhem system sucks. I guess Mindark likes to take something that is broken and break it further. Kind of the same way the fucked pyrite. Not to mention being able to repeat redulite missions to increase the speed with which you farm M-tokens. If you keep looking for satisfaction at the bottom of the deposit bottle, you won't ever find it.

Rare items don't fall during low rates... as much as you want. It can fall at the end of the cycle because the overall% ratio changes and if you're lucky "the game can make up for it". But the greatest chance is when the rate is high.

Maybe you should focus more on the time ramps in the game than keeping track of your personal history from a hunting diary... because I'm convinced that's what you're doing.

I'm sure I would have at least 10 Rare Tokens in your place.
i open 90% of my boxes outside of mayhem events for a reason. i'm not retarded

I can tell you what to do differently... Stop trying so hard. There are plenty of people who have cycled shitloads and still haven't looted a rare since the new system. I've also seen random noobs loot multiple rare tokens. The new mayhem system sucks. I guess Mindark likes to take something that is broken and break it further. Kind of the same way the fucked pyrite. Not to mention being able to repeat redulite missions to increase the speed with which you farm M-tokens. If you keep looking for satisfaction at the bottom of the deposit bottle, you won't ever find it.
You can blame people who are always trying to find an exploit for this new non-compete system :)

i open 90% of my boxes outside of mayhem events for a reason. i'm not retarded

I'm not a retard either. I go hunting for 5-6.. 10 hours... but the game rewards those who shoot 20 mobs around me in an area of 500 mobs with 3 times bigger gun.

It's just that the game works that way, it rewards those who haven't done anything and risks for a short time with a small bet at certain moments, and it doesn't give you anything because the game has rewarded you with tons of shrapnel to this moment.

Accept it or not. I just admire the amazing people of this so enthusiastic, radiant and positive community... so I just share my carefree experience when I can.

I thought will have enough m tokens by next merry mayhem to pul something good and i get close i will brute force the boxes for rares seems my dream just got broken seeing this thread 😥😥😥

I thought will have enough m tokens by next merry mayhem to pul something good and i get close i will brute force the boxes for rares seems my dream just got broken seeing this thread 😥😥😥
sadly you can be rich and still be let down by shitty dev decisions.

DEAR GOD give this man a random! that's ludicrous

RNG , similar to how I can't find a hof , i guess 4 months is too short a time

Back