Help: where to start as a newbie try hard

moise

Dominant
hello every one,

i have a friend who want to try entropia.
even if i've try for years to discourage him to
yes... i did that, sorry,
he's pretty... obsessive when he start something.

so i gave him all possible link where he can do his own research,
entropedia, EL and many usefull thread here on the forum,
(and, no mean to be rude, also some forum ppl to avoid, even more than a rookie channel)
and, well he dit the research, like seriously,
and, since, every time we meet he talk about EU.
i knew this would happen, now it's too late, seems my old friend got hooked.

my question is, honestly i have no clue, no advice, about the best place to start,
like many "old timer", beeing a newbie 10 years ago and @2022 is a differente story.
he alrdy knows about starter mission, free newbie stuff, vivo s10, graduate armor,
webshop pack, adj bukin etc

i tend to say caly and work on codex, but tbh i dont know sh*t about cyrene, NI, monria, Ark,
for newbie stuff, like seriously try hard grinder stuff as i know the guy.

he could have posted this himself but his english is even worse than mine, btw sry for this,
hope it was not too hard to read.

thx all for your advices.

-----------------------------

edit : final choice and why :

a quick feedback about Cyrene,
from a fresh newbie perspective,
starting from zero,
not even doing mining or crafting dailies mission,
there is at least 11 hunting dailies mission, all rewarding skill,
and all doable Z12/A101, naked/graduate armor.
+ the fact that this is 11 different codex.

problem with Ni is the codex, yes bunch of lowbies mobs
but they are brown papoo, yeloow papoo, grey papoo, red papoo,
village boar, mountain boar, mutant boar, wild boar, sand boar,
this is 2 codex ! :(
and only 3 dailies are available from the Cartographer NPC,
4th is Screecher mob that are too high for newbies.
all other dailies need VIP requirement, most, again, not for newbies.
Ni is really nice planet, good to start from scratch ? i'd say no.

so yes my disciple chose Cyrene and we are very happy about the choice so far.
spawn are very dense, no need to run around, you can litteraly stand and shoot all day,
all newbies mobs are in same area, no need vehicle (even if starter mission gives some)
bunch of dailies rewarding skill, bunch of different codex, at least 14 different newbies mobs.

Last edited:
i think it all depends what his budget is. if he has $20,000 and ready to invest it into entropia, he should start on caly and just codex grind hard to get levels really fast into the 55-60 range and while hes leveling he needs to study the shit out of the game and learn why profitable players kill what and when they kill.
or if he is just trying to play off a small budget ($10-$100 a month) id say next island is best. it has a bigger community so next island recourses actually sell they have alot of dailys there to get a free15-20 peds a day in oil. and there are the armor plates for mu hunting at lower level and you can move into hunting for sinew after he levels a bit more.
its just alot of studying and learning the game at a low level until you get into the mid/late game then its using that knowledge to make back all the losses you had while leveling

TLDR: next island if you are a low depo/free to play, Caly if you got money to blow and want to level fast into profitable gameplay.

Last edited:
Learn what to do with the things you loot and try to avoid selling to the Trade Terminal at all costs.

Specialize in one thing in each profession and max out skills in that before you change.

i think it all depends what his budget is.
well his irl budget is... really "confortable" if i can say like that,
and tbh i hope he will not all in on the flop and at least wait the river,
so i'd say low ingame budget for now, that was my advice to him.
at least for now.

I think Toulan is a pretty good newb planet, lots of tiny mobs with MU. Not been there for a good while though
Toulan is actually really good for newbies. But it might turn people off who aren't into the middle-eastern vibe. It seems to lack the futuristic feel that Entropia is known for.

Even though Arkadia's development has stalled, it might be the best place to start for a newbie if the person is expecting a sci-fi style.

Learn what to do with the things you loot and try to avoid selling to the Trade Terminal at all costs.

Specialize in one thing in each profession and max out skills in that before you change.
thanks Power for your input, good advice there, but the thread's subject is really just about friendly newbie place, for the journey path every thing have alrdy been said when you know what and who to read on the forum. and trust when i said he has done some serious research.

Toulan is actually really good for newbies. But it might turn people off who aren't into the middle-eastern vibe. It seems to lack the futuristic feel that Entropia is known for.

Even though Arkadia's development has stalled, it might be the best place to start for a newbie if the person is expecting a sci-fi style.
thx, i don't think he cares about that (as far as i know) but more about "optimize" his path

anyway i actually try to convince him to create a forum account to answer by himself or just say "thanks"

If he has Discord theres is a large Entropia server with plenty of infomation and discussion - he can join - https://discord.gg/wjBh75B (player created)
There are also a few social media pages both official and unofficial if he is into that sort of thing.

Just as another avenue of research and info as he seems to be into that!

I dont think you can learn enough about this game, no matter how long you have played there always seems to be more to know! Which is one my of favourite parts about it.

From a purely advice point of view, I'd say explore a lot and have a clear focus of what you want to achieve both in terms of how you want to spend your time, and what you want to progress toward.

I dont think you can learn enough about this game, no matter how long you have played there always seems to be more to know! Which is one my of favourite parts about it.
you don't know how much i agree with you !
about discord he is really old school, or just an old man like me :p but since he is next to me right now, at my home, i'll show him, thanks :)

edit for the right quote

well his irl budget is... really "confortable" if i can say like that,
and tbh i hope he will not all in on the flop and at least wait the river,
so i'd say low ingame budget for now, that was my advice to him.
at least for now.
if i was new and starting with what i know now. id start as a female mostly (cheaper armors)
start leveling at caly using mindforce

weapon: mf chip (3-6k ped)
6-8 t3-t7 (with beta amp and ring combo you can get into the 3.1dpp range with 60% eff) and for mayhems you can get 100+ dps

rings: 3k
get arues aug+athenic imp

armor: 1k
polaris / 500 for ghost tt+mu) a cheap limited set like polaris armor + plates (spend 50ped of mu on armor that last 200 hours+) or ghost if he wants to be on the UL no mu spent

healing tool:5k
adj resto (after he gets the levels to use it obviously)

bankroll: 10k
still on the low side but itll last awhile

you can get yourself a real mean setup for only 25k ped investment.

a lot of people will say spending mu is bad i will agree its not good.
but with that set up you can cycle around 100k ped+ and spent 150ped of mu overall (you do 50-70dps unenhanced 100dps+ with a t5 dmg enhancers you get 2% life steal) and you spend less then 0.5% overall on mu with beta amp+pularis armor.

if he wants to level fast... Arkadia and gridn the caraboks one of the best hp/level ratio

if he wants to rise also craft let him born in monria so teleport to caly is free and he can skill Engineering with craft mission

if he wants to try for free Rocktropia, sweat haters and kill vixens in neverdie parking.

as he is in level 15 if he is a Tryhard get armatrix series 10 and grind and chancge armatrix every 5 level he will be always at high dps and skill fast

but if he read forums... it is all in previous posts

Last edited:
Aside from the continuous research and learning, I think from my perspective I wish I would have calculated the cost to play this game long term (Money Investment, Time Daily Investment, Soul and Life investment) XD. I really enjoy EU but often times due to work and other responsibilities I can only do an hour here and there and some hours on the weekends and my days off. But everyone has a different situation in their life and the good thing about the game is you have to cater it to yourself. GL

if i was new and starting with what i know now.....

nice path there indeed, but more smth to aim for, the "next step" (still a 25k budget), for now it's just about best place to start, smth like get your card, "see the flop", then he'll choose what or not.

if he wants to ...
Ark and cara ? ok will go there myself and try out for him, thx.
about RT and the vixen didnt know it was still a thing, btw no codex on RT iirc ?

edit : ah i see carabok are 10hp mobs, ok, but after that is Ark still good ? about mobs variety progression

Last edited:
Send him to Next Island along with the info of nihelper.com , so many fun missions there to do.

Also , the community there is very helpful and accepting.
well with onlygodplays you are the 2d to say NI, yes thx for the link we were on it 5mn ago
also cyrene, but no one talk about it so... :)

well no matter how much you know the game that's only a part of it - you need the other parts too (gear, lots of time, lots of ped, and a lot of luck).

he will find out one way or the other but if he thinks he is gonna profit well....

if you want have him come watch me hunt and see how crap it is even after 145K skill and hunting well below level (due to gear, time and lped - lack of that is). I am sure to get a few 50-70% runs that should scare him straight.

imo - i'd just call the cops on him and get him sent to -pre-entropia rehab for the hopelessly addicted :) just kidding don't do that lol

I think the elephant in the room resulting from this thread is now so big that there is no room for anybody who is no longer a noob to even be in the same room as the elephant. Thus, nobody except noobs can even see the elephant in the room anymore.
The question of where to start for a serious player is presumably one of how to best progress to no longer being a noob, then to become a low-medium, medium etc. player.
I think the elephant is actually the timeframe - and that the goalposts also don't stay still. What is your friend's actual goal, and is it one that can (currently) even be achieved at all (through non-bot gameplay) in years of dedication if it is something such as becoming a top 5% player from zero.

Sorry to be a mix of philosophical AND mathematical here, but in plainer language, the fastest progress paths presumably now involve either pumping loads of money into the game or gaining access to one or more of the 'special' areas as quickly as possible (either temporary or permanent ones...) and botting the hell out of them, also with an investment required.

Will that change in 2023/4/5... when the completely reworked EU comes? Will there be "1kg" skill pills that avatars can get off the resources that may become available through exploration, or by working for a land owner/guild with factories set up? Will we once again, in a reset economy, see sweat at over 10 peds per k (or equivalant), or metal residue at 120% mu? Will a new race to the top begin in which noobs can balance working for others' advancement with using those profits to advance themselves, but not as quickly as "solo"?

"be in the top 5"
"level fast"
"profit"

we were reading and think wtf ?
then we realised that the title is missleading
we apologie, "try hard" is missleading.
it by no means leads to "make EU a job"
1st cause he don't need this,
and 2d don't want to.

i really miss vovabulary to express this in english,
but it's just enjoy the journey,
but take the path the right way,
play for fun,
but play seriously.

anyway he chose cyrene, codex seems to be nice for looter prof,
so this is it.
thanks all for your input.

Send him to Next Island along with the info of nihelper.com , so many fun missions there to do.

Also , the community there is very helpful and accepting.
So many dailies on NI you can shoot, mine and craft all day long and get rewarded for every quest. NI dailies offer better rewards than similar missions on other planets imho. Some will need to be unlocked, but it's not that hard, just follow the website linked here.

Thanks for replying to our replies. That's also a good attitude towards people trying to help, even if they misunderstand a bit.
If it's enjoying the journey then you could say there is no path as such.
There can be the relaxing elements of tree harvesting, all the way to killing 1k or more small mobs per hour, even though bigger mobs become doable.
There can be the routine of small dailies such as on Cyrene, even though you are hopping from one to the next to the next - with a bit more time on the bigger ones that have slightly bigger mobs. The oil rewards are generally a bit better percentagewise on the lowest mobs, and some rewards are in skills. Markup (mu) is there on most of the small mobs, but takes time to get enough to sell on the auction...

Yes, with NI you need to unlock some - info is available, while on Cyrene the small dailies are all simply available from the start.

Last edited:
So many dailies on NI you can shoot
Yes, with NI you need to unlock some - info is available, while on Cyrene the small dailies are all simply available from the start.
yes he said NI is the next destination, no doubt about this. thx

edit : Ni was my 1st choice, also cause atlas armor disciple graduate, but hey its his choice and his Journey

Last edited:
If you start on Monria you get access to the free weekly bus trips.

Toulan may have this feature too, but I'm not to certain on the details for that...

Last edited:
Cyrene.
It has a lot of stuff going for it
-get 200 arc badges and you can access the first arc vendor for a nice inaugurates armor [L]
- get 500 arc badges and you can access the second arc vendor for arc patrol armor [L]
- daily mission to get one imperium armor plate (and all the newbie missions give this plate too)
- mission to turn this imperium armor plate to the excellent imperium officer plate.
- refurbished heart fap mission VI now with two added variants (speed buff , or extra hp on use) 18 eco
- rare imperium plates go up to perfected upto 72 protection total
- rare imperium armors up to perfected protects upto 185 total
- epic chain zorra leading up to two unlimited weapons (xen tech prototype and the fishing spear) with the option to grind to get zorra's hk gun
- epic chain tanhok leading up to the unlimited hk s1x1 or the bp s1x4 (if the vendor gets restocked)
- epic wasp queen mission leading to a nice uber fap (neff's stim pack)
- arc missions leading to a blueprint to craft the enkidd howler s.4
- excellent low level blueprints for unlimited low level weapons like ozpyn lr s1x1 (9dmg at 51 reload) and bp s1x1 (18dmg at 39 reload)
- chance to loot unlimited weapons from mobs like xent tech weapons and ozpyn rlb and rsb melee weapons and the bevis fire fire flamethrower

If you start on Monria you get access to the free weekly bus trips.

Toulan may have this feature too, but I'm not to certain on the details for that...
You mean free warp rides or free hunts?

Cyrene.
It has a lot of stuff going for it
thx for detailed post ! usefull
i think for now he will just grind lowbie codex there, max them and move to other planet to do .... the same :)

If you start on Monria ...
thx for info !
anyway he chose cyrene, codex seems to be nice for looter prof,
so this is it.
thanks all for your input.
i would have gone NI for atlas when fully graduated, but his choice.
i'll bring him there just to hit the graduate button i guess.
and thx also for your previous post about entropia mobs/hp/codex.
sure thing it was the first step.
thx

Back