Question: Will there be a Summer Mayhem 2022?

This is just funny to me.... everyone here is whining at Mindark they want tokens and yber items to drop every event so they have a mean of paying off their stupid investment in 2.0 guns forr 500,000ped.
Mindark only works with TT in TT out, Markup is by players and if you are so naive that you bought so expensive gear for hyped prices, its you who are the problem, not mindark.

Just lol......

I am certain MA knows how this would hit in the community.

I am also certain MA has their reasons for this.

Maybe they will share the reason why Summer mayhem was cancelled this year, like they shared why it was cancelled last year.

I'll stick around and see what happens... I'm not going anywhere :)

That sucks.. Here I am sitting with 1 rare token I got last mayhem, gearing up for a big grind for summer mayhem to try to farm some regular tokens.. I wasn't active last summer, was there a summer mayhem then? oh well I guess I have to wait for haloween then.

Well, fuck...

Way to communicate this small news through a random post as well. I guess this is all tied to unreal.

Q: Will the current version of Entropia Universe continue receiving updates during the Unreal Engine 5 development period?
A: Yes. New content will continue to be developed and released for Entropia Universe by MindArk and the planet partners during the Unreal Engine 5 development period.

User Interface Update Postponed​

There will not be a Summer Mayhem this year either. I don't really have any more information than that though, sorry.

No huge suprise there but still funny :tiphat:

This is just funny to me.... everyone here is whining at Mindark they want tokens and yber items to drop every event so they have a mean of paying off their stupid investment in 2.0 guns forr 500,000ped.
Mindark only works with TT in TT out, Markup is by players and if you are so naive that you bought so expensive gear for hyped prices, its you who are the problem, not mindark.

Just lol......

This.. bang on.

+1

They better pull the finger out and give us a full explanation asap :p major news leaking out this way is not good....
HArd to call this a "leak" as its been a comon practice :D Instagram .. discord chanel.. all random places to let folk now.... sad thing is thats IT.... In mindakrs eyes jobs done.. players been informed .. Explanation... i dont think that word exists in Swedish dictionary.. well at least midnark dose not use it :D

Uhhh...

Well, if we ignore the fact that the mayhem event structure has been a driving force in the last 2 annual statements that has lead to us having certain expectations - can you at least not put yourself in a position of making nonchalant statements with severe economic impact in a random forum thread? The value of all hunting loot, mined resources, crafted amps, armors, plates, and so on, is directly tied to the expectation of (mayhem) events that will consume these limited items in proportional volume... If planet partners are picking up the slack in this regard it needs to be made known ASAP.

Secondly, and this is hopefully an overreaction based on last years complacent position of "no mayhem = no new ring" - but if we see an 8% lifesteal +dpp ring printed for the third consecutive year then I am going to have to reconsider some things. This might seem like a weird "straw that broke the camel's back" but it doesn't matter if you own one of these rings or are looking to buy.. Printing this item for 2 years was already a grave mistake - 3 years would be devastating.

As I have said they have to many mayhems anyway. They should only have 1 of each event a year. Only reason people are complaining there isn’t summer is because they want the tokens… There are so many token farmers… Most of which are the ones raging here 😂

Game would be better with less of the current events and more new fun events..
I'm not sure if you know but the vast majority (99%?) started playing this game for the RCE aspect which implies that most people would want to progress, improve, become self sustainable and eventually play profitable and if most people jump this bandwagon of spending TT for an activity, then it's very profitable for MA as well as for the players and that is fun. Take that away for what kind of events? Fashion shows? Car racing? Big swunts? How are mayhems preventing you from doing other non-hunting related activities? :D

It's not rage, it's more a... disappointment/disgust, because it's up to us players to mentor new ppl, explain the game, help retention, help promote, we stream, we bring new players from our friends and seems like we end up doing a big chunk of their job and when it's their turn to do minimal stuff, they mess it up with incredibly high precision and not missing one event without bugs or fuckups.... and it's up to us to discover them and it's up to us to force a damn proper statement to make some sense of why it was decided for a product to stop being sold....

a 2m per year profit (or so) company probably can be taken over in 10m.... uhmmmmm

To be honest these Mayhem events have become very repetitive and boring. Same thing year after year. It is time for some new content, major upgrades to space and player interface. All the unfinished projects over the years, farming, land plots, pets, spaceships etc

It's not important how repetitive or boring these events are. Prizes from mayhem are for tokens that have to be grinded for several events/years, depending on how active the player is/can be. People have invested a lot of time and money to grind and keep tens of thousands of tokens to go for a big reward, so skipping events without giving proper reason is very shitty move. This is not how you treat your paying customer.

To be honest these Mayhem events have become very repetitive and boring. Same thing year after year. It is time for some new content, major upgrades to space and player interface. All the unfinished projects over the years, farming, land plots, pets, spaceships etc
You mean, like a totally new game engine that allows way more possibilities than the current, outdated one?

Yeah, that'd be cool!

But, let's just make sure MA don't spend ages upgrading, changing user interface / systems etc in the old engine only to have it all scrapped within 1-2 years when the new engine arrives.

Oh... wait a second.... that's exactly whats going on :D

The entire format of mayhem was changed less than a year ago...

Must be fun to play forums and not the game

Lucky we had the copy paste marcimexes, everyone was mad about those. Lucky we will have the copy paste bugged spawns big bulks but the copy paste summer annihilation would have been too much.

I wonder when will MA start surveying their customers to understand what they want and finally align their priorities? How do you focus on player retention when bunch of stuff are done backwards... ?

This was like giving kids their favorite toy then taking them away few moths later because in two years they will get other toys...

Terrible way to announce it too. Still waiting for you to hire some qualified people to handle communications...

why copy paste it in these days of automation?
Are you sure there are still employees working on it :D

just make migration 2x longer and pop some tokens into the lootpool. problem solved.

and afk hunters get boned.
they do like the copy pasta so kind of a win-win

don't forget strongboxes and rings

I'm not sure that Ludwig is obliged to announce this now because is a month before the event. Maybe next time he will announce it in official form, on the Tuesday before the event ;)

Maybe they ran out of ideas for summer rings and couldn't implement messis dream of +25٪ sweat gathering bonus.

XD

Carry on folks. Nothing to see here.

I guess MA overestimated how much the playerbase liked the longer migration last year, and underestimated our (not love, not even liking for mayhem) desire for tokens.
Well, could be still token drops by mob loot, or by daily missions for migration, we will see i guess, but probably nothing, summer mayhem was just removed to counter the increased ammout of tokens farmed.
I'am disappointed about this news for sure.

Ring still can be replaced by a new before migration, so dont be sure about the summer 2020 2nd rerun, i wish for a 2nd rerun.

As per My's comment on Discord, it would seem that there no plans to ever have Summer Mayhem in the future and also MA is treating this as very little detail and so unimportant that it's put on "oh, btw, no..." in a casual post by a mod so it's not worthy of statement. There could be more important things on their plate than... us, the players. Improved communications downgraded to just halfassed communications?

Last edited:
As per My's comment on Discord, it would seem that there no plans to ever have Summer Mayhem in the future and also MA is treating this as very little detail and so unimportant that it's put on "oh, btw, no..." in a casual post by a mod so it's not worthy of statement. There could be more important things on their plate than... us, the players. Improved communications downgraded to just halfassed communications?
Communication.... My posted this on discord:
My Antonsson | MindArk:
It's to early to say if we will released an updated Summer Mayhem some years down the road, but for now the other 3 Mayhems we have will continue to happen as they always have and the migration as well

So no summer mayhem for a while atleast. If migration will "continue to happen as they have" we can hope that atleast means an extended migration this year :)

Maybe in future summer mayhem will be implemented like "Mini Mayhem" on TI like this one now on CP.

art least TI would be untaxed
these choices have no sense both from a marketing point of view
and from a "retain" point of view
i wonder if "Aquavit" is the drink in the water bottles before meetings

This mini mayhem is a joke xD Taxed spawn with no missions to get extra tokens. Also i can imagine that 10players vs 1mob ration in domes
makes you wonder if MA plays the game at all when you see stuff like this...

Why wasn't this put on NTI?
It struggles with deed prices, its SO MUCH LARGER, a LOT bigger mob level variety so everyone can be part... .

I know it's called Mayhem, but come on.... pushing it a bit far now xD

makes you wonder if MA plays the game at all when you see stuff like this...

Why wasn't this put on NTI?
It struggles with deed prices, its SO MUCH LARGER, a LOT bigger mob level variety so everyone can be part... .

I know it's called Mayhem, but come on.... pushing it a bit far now xD
My earlier post was deleted by mod but like i said i never saw worse company when it comes to offering products to clients and comunication with them, and they trying so hard to keep that opinion. I guess that decision was made in 5 min due to people complaining about lack of summer mayhem. Or "tin foil hat theory on" someone at MA have tons of CP shares :)

Back