• Thread starter Deleted member 58836
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58836

Who owns EntropiaLife?

Could someone gather a list of the total:

HuntersMinersCrafters
3 5511 1751 191

Remove any duplicates from the list, then add them together to get a speculative total?

Say ~3666 ACTIVE players including traders and sweaters?

6 Planets and thousands of kilometers of land and space to explore yet the population that equals a small town that wouldn't even qualify for a Walmart?

Assuming https://mmo-population.com/ is relatively correct...

Which lists Entropia Universe as 94 000 TOTAL players means there's around ~3% of accounts active?

Old School Runescape which looks like Nintendo 64 gameplay has 1 340 000 ACTIVE players.

Entropia thus has ~0.2% of the ACTIVE players Old School Runescape does.

Some questions:

How is it we're doing so poorly?

What can be done to fix it?

Will UE5 do ANYTHING or will it be more of the same gameplay with updated graphics and mechanics?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, did you just remove duplicates from 3551, 1175 and 1191, add in non-globa
ling players and end up with 3333?

The number would be at least 3551 considering every miner and crafter on those lists are duplicates, which they're not going to be, and 0 non global players....

Well, u can't compare Entropia with other games. Ped is real money here, isnt like runescape where u can farm ingame curency for free. On the other hands, in other games, mostly are kids which dont play entropia and the reasons why u cant compare it with other game can continue :)

@ OP your math is poor. at least the number of players is as big as the biggest category,
moreover TRADERS and Sweaters don't global ...faulty logic
we can be pretty sure that 90% of players look at "calytrade channel" so i guess that active players are about 15.000
again an error in believing that every player has an entroopialife account
OR that in all zones there are active players that have at least 4 contributions to entripua life and validate globals for non contriobuting players
cyrene, toulan globals are 90% of the times not reported.

Some questions:

How is it we're doing so poorly? MA is making profit and feed 54 people staff define POOR RESULTS, company wise it is going very well , read annual reports (2020 the bad decision of combat pet was amortized and now the balance account is clean, and is good.

What can be done to fix it? by player side, NOTHING

Will UE5 do ANYTHING or will it be more of the same gameplay with updated graphics and mechanics? NO effect (do you really look at the 10th daikiba that you killed today? )

as Adrian pointed, cannot compare those 2 games, Entropia is the only game that drop "under unit", all the rest of MMORPG drop over unit. this is the only deflationary game in the industry so cannot comapre anything else. and the fact that you can withdraw money put inside is not the difference, the negative marrtingale is.

Last edited:
@ OP your math is poor. at least the number of players is as big as the biggest category,
Yes correct, let's estimate at 3666 then. There really aren't that many trader and sweaters.

The point still remains though and YES you can 100% compare against other MMOs. The only differentiating factor is the RCE, which in itself is about to no longer be niche with the advent of cryptocurrency based games. Other MMOs provide all the same gameplay; Quests, Shooting, Loot, Storyline, PVP, etc etc.

To think Entropia is somehow some spectacular wonder in the gaming world is ignorant and illogical. If the RCE aspect was so damn great, why would millions of players worldwide NOT play Entropia? They'd rather play these other titles, doing the same type of activities for no chance at recovering the money spent?

Let's not forget the insanely large black-market of these other games. I used to play Star Wars: The Old Republic and purchased some black market credits to start a second character off with. It was easy and unpunished. To simply ignore that fact is not good analysis.

I think there's a decent amount of traders and sweaters honestly. I'd reckon in total about 500ish sweaters/traders to be fair.

Now they might not long in every day though

Yes correct, let's estimate at 3666 then. There really aren't that many trader and sweaters.

The point still remains though and YES you can 100% compare against other MMOs. The only differentiating factor is the RCE, which in itself is about to no longer be niche with the advent of cryptocurrency based games. Other MMOs provide all the same gameplay; Quests, Shooting, Loot, Storyline, PVP, etc etc.

To think Entropia is somehow some spectacular wonder in the gaming world is ignorant and illogical. If the RCE aspect was so damn great, why would millions of players worldwide NOT play Entropia? They'd rather play these other titles, doing the same type of activities for no chance at recovering the money spent?

Let's not forget the insanely large black-market of these other games. I used to play Star Wars: The Old Republic and purchased some black market credits to start a second character off with. It was easy and unpunished. To simply ignore that fact is not good analysis.
Dude, you can not compare this game with any of the game you mentionated. First, the FUN in this game is way expensiver than in any game u mentionated and secondly, game itself is build in a way where your skill arent really important , you can not outplay someone other than putting a furniture of money for gear. I dont get ur point of keep comparing this game with others. And about numbers of players, idk, if game does that poorly how can you explain the daily sale that are made and also, the DEEDs income generated by ppl.

Who knows how many... MA would never publish how many are active. We could "ballpark it", but that's probably best we can do.

Why it isn't better----- NUMBER one TOO EXPENSIVE. No matter what anyone says this game is in a league of it's own. That is part of the attraction, but also leaves a huge base not even able to approach this game. They can't keep people that do cause they burn them with bad service, slow updates of features, and just keep costing more and more.
NUMBER 2 : They don't advertise or really try to gain players. The whole idea of CLD was to gain money to advertise and I never saw jack squat from that.

Like someone said - company is doing fine, their small crew gets tons of money... they are fine riding it into the sunset.

Old school Runescape is actually a brilliant game, don't attempt to drag it through the mud by comparing it to EU. Its proof that fancy graphics isn't an important factor for game longevity and health. The million active players is evidence of that.

Don't get me wrong, I like EU, but its not what I would consider a fun game.

So, is this thread for any other purpose than to piss on a game we like?

1. How is it we're doing so poorly?
Game is very expensive to play.

2. What can be done to fix it?
Make game less expensive to play.

3. Will UE5 do ANYTHING or will it be more of the same gameplay with updated graphics and mechanics?
UE5 will likely add mildly updated graphics and introduce a host of bugs/glitches.

Old school Runescape is actually a brilliant game, don't attempt to drag it through the mud by comparing it to EU. Its proof that fancy graphics isn't an important factor for game longevity and health. The million active players is evidence of that.

Don't get me wrong, I like EU, but its not what I would consider a fun game.
I actually see much similarities in the 2 games. Both are very grindy. But between this and RS, I would choose this game. Simply because it's RCE and sci-fi. I just like to have a game where I can grind in while I watch youtube or netflix after work to relax. This game is the perfect game for me.

I see relatively few people, and yet some of the auction volumes are surprisingly high. Players must always be 'somewhere else', I guess.

I enjoy playing EU, but MA regularly makes me !"§$%&. Currently I am ashamed to be associated with them, and thus do not speak about the game AT ALL in RL. Word of mouth is very important for getting people interested in anything with EU's level of work required to gain more than minimal skills and learn certain gameplay even adequately.

The way this game is promoted seems to work. It seems to "attract" new players, and i think mostly thanks to streamers on twitch and old records such as most expensive item(s) in virtual games standing in some threads/videos archives online.

I see relatively few people, and yet some of the auction volumes are surprisingly high. Players must always be 'somewhere else', I guess.

I enjoy playing EU, but MA regularly makes me !"§$%&. Currently I am ashamed to be associated with them, and thus do not speak about the game AT ALL in RL. Word of mouth is very important for getting people interested in anything with EU's level of work required to gain more than minimal skills and learn certain gameplay even adequately.

I actually am in the same boat. When people ask me what games I play, I never mention EU. It is just to weird and hard to explain.

Like someone said - company is doing fine, their small crew gets tons of money... they are fine riding it into the sunset.
And this right there is the key to understanding why this game, despite a brilliant concept, is managed to poorly and is nowhere near its full potenetial. MA is happy where they are - why fix what is not broken (from their perspective) - let the players b*tch and moan about game flaws all day long, they still keep playing it.

1. How is it we're doing so poorly?
Game is very expensive to play.

2. What can be done to fix it?
Make game less expensive to play.

3. Will UE5 do ANYTHING or will it be more of the same gameplay with updated graphics and mechanics?
UE5 will likely add mildly updated graphics and introduce a host of bugs/glitches.

This isn’t completely true… Yeah it is expensive, but it is a niche game. It does not need and will not appeal to the mass market and doesn’t need to be made cheaper..

I agree that gear should not cost so much, they should flood the market with more e.g. shadow/ lp-100 and bring the cost of items down. So then everyone can become more efficient and make there ped go further. This would help people enjoy the game for longer, then they need to work on the community aspect of the game and reduce all these grind session events.

have one a year, but then greatly reduce the tokens needed for the items..

I can name the five ubers this will annoy. However they can be replaced as we have see from the past.

In terms of how many active players. I think you will be scared to find out the true answer to this and likely why they do not share these numbers. I expect it to be incredibly low.. One week I once did 20% of the mining globals and I didn’t try massively hard nor play that much to do it.

I reckon you’ll be looking at <500 people playing.

Last edited:
You think talking to friends about EU and explaining it's hard? Try explaining to your inlaws that you put your life savings into virtual land on here hahaha 😆
When you're alive: "he's such a waster. Can you imagine what he did? I don't know how my daughter married him. Love it truly blind - so blind it makes me cry as a mother"
When you're...alive but in another world, and EU land becomes one of the most valuable digital assets: "He was a genius, genius! We've been so lucky spending time with him. Heart of an angel"

You think talking to friends about EU and explaining it's hard? Try explaining to your inlaws that you put your life savings into virtual land on here hahaha 😆
Hold my beer...

Although it is quite comical listening to my mum trying to explain how her "Scottish daughter met her German husband in a virtual spaceship and they "uber" people around to different made up planets, for somethings that not real money, but kinda is real money.. somehow.." :LOL:

As for the amount of players in the game, judging by flight numbers alone its way more than some of the suggestions here, and that's just one ship never mind all the ships, people who fly alone, people who dont fly at all etc.

At this very moment there is about 300ish players online on my friends list with antoher 100-200 players who are usually on around this time but prefer to play showing as offline or incognito.
There is around 4k players on my friends list currently.
ToS Transport service has flown close to 5k different avatars, with the majority of our passengers paying single tickets we do have close to 500 multipass users who keep renewing their passes when they are used up.
There is a large number of players who plays on lowlevel and globals extremely rarely and if they do its in teams.
There is many players who do not speak english and remain in their own language circles and usually outside of the main english channels.

Thats my numbers and there is many many players whom i know which are not (yet) on my friendslist, you may extrapolate from there.

Back