Player ignores me for asking for 5 ped discount

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
not revealing name.. i don't think I'm allowed to just thought this was interesting. do people not negotiate in 2022?
I asked him that question before I noticed he posted on ah.. I still ended up buying it. guess I'm ignored now..

unknown.png

All I see is two people arguing over a 50 cent value. He was rude about it but you were also being petty, sorry to say.

Maybe its just me being grumpy and unsociable but I really dislike being bartered over such a frivolous amount of PED when I auction stuff.

All I see is two people arguing over a 50 cent value. He was rude about it but you were also being petty, sorry to say.

Maybe its just me being grumpy and unsociable but I really dislike being bartered over such a frivolous amount of PED when I auction stuff.

I was gonna buy regardless, I just naturally negotiate. I often inquire about buying things cheaper; but don't pry.

this was our discussion, I've never spoke with him before. not sure how I'm arguing here.

I was gonna buy regardless, I just naturally negotiate. I often inquire about buying things cheaper; but don't pry.

this was our discussion, I've never spoke with him before. not sure how I'm arguing here.
Well u cant be liked by everyone :D. Man needs some attention? whats the point of post like this in first place?

you have the right to make offers and he has the right to decline...but the way he did it, telling you're an idiot, is disrespect...
Player's reputation is important in Entropia and you respected it by hidding his name, if this player interacts like that with everything not going the way he wants, he will destroy his reputation.

Tho imo it's not worth making a thread, because this kind of interaction happends every day you know :) i'm sure you can still find players ready to negociate :)

GL..

Relax, it's not about you and your 5 peds. There's a bigger picture you're apparently not aware of. There's ppl in EU who's entire job is to try to make living using this tactic. Some (not all!) of those ppl, you can imagine, will get rather ruthless and annoying. Haven't banned anyone yet, but have come very close many times. It is what it is, some ppl just don't have much decency or empathy, nor do they even care about any of those things...

Which, makes all the nice ppl in EU shine even more brightly.

I think it's normal to negotiate with a trade channel spammer, but it's strange to negotiate a auction listing. Even if they accept, they still paid for the listing fee. So they take it off to sell to you at a discount? Just doesn't make sense to negotiate a auction listing. Also they run into the risk of you changing your mind, then they have to relist their auction and pay for another listing fee. I would have just not responded to you. To be fair, he was rude with the name calling and should have just not responded to you.

Some players are just perpetually on edge, as if everyone in EU is their arch nemesis. I once had someone immediately ignore me because I typo'd an offer (said 100% VS 101% for Mehchi Crystal; it was like 101.5% on auction) instead of engaging in the small amount of communication effort needed for me to notice and correct the mistake. A month later, I tried to buy Melchi from them again, communicating through an intermediary, and they agreed to the trade but still refused to unignore me.

If there was a fee to ignore people, we could sustain the game with 100% loot returns.

Relax, it's not about you and your 5 peds. There's a bigger picture you're apparently not aware of. There's ppl in EU who's entire job is to try to make living using this tactic. Some (not all!) of those ppl, you can imagine, will get rather ruthless and annoying. Haven't banned anyone yet, but have come very close many times. It is what it is, some ppl just don't have much decency or empathy, nor do they even care about any of those things...

Which, makes all the nice ppl in EU shine even more brightly.

wow you guys are so wise. or enlightened. or both.
I think it's normal to negotiate with a trade channel spammer, but it's strange to negotiate a auction listing. Even if they accept, they still paid for the listing fee. So they take it off to sell to you at a discount? Just doesn't make sense to negotiate a auction listing. Also they run into the risk of you changing your mind, then they have to relist their auction and pay for another listing fee. I would have just not responded to you. To be fair, he was rude with the name calling and should have just not responded to you.
I didn't notice the auction listing at time when I started chatting. I just happen to see it after he ignored me and I bought it anyways. Originally he was advertising it in #calytrade for +145 and then threw it on ah. I was about to type something to the effect of "oh, I see you listed in on auction.." before I could type that, to my surprise he started saying idiot etc..

Yup, this. Plus, it was already the cheapest listing on the auction. Asking for an even lower price is silly. I would have reacted the same way, even if I didn't say it out loud.

is what it is, I don't really mind that he ignores me; I just think it's kind of silly.
if someone came to me asking for a discount.. which does happen. sometimes I say let's meet in the middle.. or.. sorry this is the lowest I can go.. or sure why not.. never do I say.. omg you idiot then ignore..

I do set my ignores, but I also give warning and it's usually from harassment or persistent trolling.

P.S. if the user that ignores me reads this... no hard feelings.
I still bought your amp and I meant well.
hope you can come to peace with it :)

Last edited:
Don't forget the auction fee to list.

Selling it at +140 in private sale after removing from AH you lose the fee too. Double whammy to the seller when asking for lower price as well.
was not my intent for him to remove from ah.. our conversation was going on before I noticed it was even listed..

As someone who has listed a lot on auction recently, I would have ignored you too. I am sick to death of people PMing me about things I have on auction, or about things I am selling in a forum post in which I specifically request that people only contact me on the forum.

There is a reason I am using the auction. If you want something, bid on it.

As someone who has listed a lot on auction recently, I would have ignored you too. I am sick to death of people PMing me about things I have on auction, or about things I am selling in a forum post in which I specifically request that people only contact me on the forum.

There is a reason I am using the auction. If you want something, bid on it.

Thats all about your style. Look i prefer people to look for me and buy things but dont lowball me. I usually ask what price would be fair for both (fair price imo is auc - fee) but if i already have it auc since i already paid fee i wont accept deals maybe if its in last hours.

As a miner i was so happy when i found Lukaz. He was a great person to deal with.

Also Oleg so far i dont think i found a person that was mad about me asking about an item :D

I always, always, always hunt for a bottom price when dealing with someone in private, it's just my nature. I never give anyone an ultimatum, because I know it just ends an on-going negotiation. So instead, I ask as a simple question, like you did: "Hey, would you take 'blah' for the 'blah'?"

I've run into people that get offended, I just chalk it up as people who don't know how to wheel and deal and move on. If a person is completely unwilling to budge on a price, it will usually turn me off and I won't buy, unless it's already well below and I really need it, then I'll take it anyway. Otherwise I'm always hunting for a bottom price. I'm always prepared for the usual "meet in the middle" response, so I craft my offer accordingly.

I never try to convince the seller that what he or she is selling is worthless, that's very bad negotiating 'etiquette' imho. I've learned a lot watching Danny on "Counting Cars", he never, ever tells a seller his car is junk, it's the opposite, he raves and rants about it. I also learned a lot watching Rick on "Pawn Stars", he'll very often be upfront with folks and tell them what he expects to get for the item in his shop, and he's always ready to walk away from any deal if it ain't right.

Anyway, lots of people don't care for it or have the patience, they just wanna sell their stuff and get back to hunting or cash out. For those of us who enjoy it and who have it down to a science, there's a lot of money to be made.

I always, always, always hunt for a bottom price when dealing with someone in private, it's just my nature. I never give anyone an ultimatum, because I know it just ends an on-going negotiation. So instead, I ask as a simple question, like you did: "Hey, would you take 'blah' for the 'blah'?"

I've run into people that get offended, I just chalk it up as people who don't know how to wheel and deal and move on. If a person is completely unwilling to budge on a price, it will usually turn me off and I won't buy, unless it's already well below and I really need it, then I'll take it anyway. Otherwise I'm always hunting for a bottom price. I'm always prepared for the usual "meet in the middle" response, so I craft my offer accordingly.

I never try to convince the seller that what he or she is selling is worthless, that's very bad negotiating 'etiquette' imho. I've learned a lot watching Danny on "Counting Cars", he never, ever tells a seller his car is junk, it's the opposite, he raves and rants about it. I also learned a lot watching Rick on "Pawn Stars", he'll very often be upfront with folks and tell them what he expects to get for the item in his shop, and he's always ready to walk away from any deal if it ain't right.

Anyway, lots of people don't care for it or have the patience, they just wanna sell their stuff and get back to hunting or cash out. For those of us who enjoy it and who have it down to a science, there's a lot of money to be made.
In general this is a fine strategy, nothing wrong with bartering.
But look at this situation: The amp was currently the cheapest on auction and was listed for a total of 10 minutes, very poor tact from the barterer and the seller was rightfully insulted by being asked to remove it so early on when its likely guaranteed to sell quickly anyway. Send in an offer when its been up for several days first and the seller will feel a little better un-listing it.

I am aware that OP said that he didn't know that it was listed on auction at the time of conversation and was instead referencing some earlier calytrade post, but the seller didn't necessarily know that. From his perspective, He lists his amp for 7 days, and 10 minutes later someone asks to have it taken down and take 5 ped less for the privilege.

In general this is a fine strategy, nothing wrong with bartering.
But look at this situation: The amp was currently the cheapest on auction and was listed for a total of 10 minutes, very poor tact from the barterer and the seller was rightfully insulted by being asked to remove it so early on when its likely guaranteed to sell quickly anyway. Send in an offer when its been up for several days first and the seller will feel a little better un-listing it.

I am aware that OP said that he didn't know that it was listed on auction at the time of conversation and was instead referencing some earlier calytrade post, but the seller didn't necessarily know that. From his perspective, He lists his amp for 7 days, and 10 minutes later someone asks to have it taken down and take 5 ped less for the privilege.
Except I never asked him to take it down. Not my words. Just an assumption.

AH is not private price discovery process. AH is take or leave it.
you should take... or leave.

personally speaking my ignore list is longer than buddy list...
if someone disrespect or insult i am ignoring without any further writing...
i am more surprosed that you did not Iggy him first.

PED are not as important as respect and politeness
we are herre to have a break from RL..

PED are not as important as respect and politeness
we are herre to have a break from RL..

If respect and politness is important, I would in the OP's argument say that he was correct, and the auctioneer, is a massive toolsack.

I'm not entierliy sure why, but the way a lot of people in EU interact with other humans, makes me think that the vast majority of the game are Karens and Kyles who think they litterally own the entire world.

Overall though in regards of OP and general, if you see a item on auction, in 98% of the cases, its like people say, it is what it is, and take it or leave it. Either wait for it to go down, slap a bid on if bid alligns, or wait. This 98% covers any and all items that are common enough to pop up at least 3-4 times a week.

the last 2%, rare stuff you'd generally never really expect to pop up nearly as frequently at all on auction, sure, stalk the person whos put it up. send them a PM and politely ask, I do it all the time. If a item is put on auction, that is vastly over MU and not often put up, ill ship them an offer and ask if they'd be willing to wait a few days and if its not sold, or wait till the auction ends and sell it to me for my offered price. Sometiems if its something with a 7d timer ill ask if theyd take fee + offer instead.

That is not rude at all, and ya'll just need to settle down, calm your stallions and step of them.

As for the OP though a lot of people really dislike "traders". And see trade spammers and traders as the litterall scum of EU. Inclined to agree as there is no case ever where a trader will not scam you in EU. I know its a opertunistic thing, but like come on lol, they need to stop pawn stars,

and in THAT regard, OP asking for 5 ped under what is already a low MU, is a classic case of "Oh you mr trader, you and your silly shenanigan scams!"... Its not without reason i always joke about traders in that, they will offer you 1 ped for an item, and in the same breath do a 180turn, and resell it for 1000. When they buy, they will argue and negotiate ever dime to squeeze stuff as low as possible. when buying of them, they will not budge at all and instantly ignore you. I'm sure there are som traders that wont just try to scam and rob everything breathing, or not breathing. But untill the day i run into one of those, they will be the worst people i now of in EU sadly.

The auctioneer, could have given a more polite answer to a stranger, but since it was a trader, imo it was ok. After all, mr trader, you could have bought it for 145 on auction, and still made profit ;)

This is a cultural thing, learned IRL.
Issue is that alot of forum warriors lack that experience 🤣

Some countries haggle and negotiations is a daily rutine, in other countries haggling or negotiate about price can be seen as an insult.. We are all diffrent and come from diffrent backgrounds.

Some countries haggle and negotiations is a daily rutine, in other countries haggling or negotiate about price can be seen as an insult.. We are all diffrent and come from diffrent backgrounds.
Or in other words, some cultures are used to rip off people by asking to much to start with. If you don't haggle there you'll be totally ripped off.
We're not used to that here.

Back