Obtaining and Running a Shop in Entropia Universe

Well here's one on PCF ;)

Next Island also has 2 other stall areas - Knossos TP (Gorgon Stalls) a Troy TP (Moloch Stalls) :)

There is also a small shopping booth area at Chateau Liberte, called Chateau Liberte Marketplace (no tp) and the Cape Corinth booth's (downstairs).

There is also a small shopping booth area at Chateau Liberte, called Chateau Liberte Marketplace (no tp) and the Cape Corinth booth's (downstairs).
Those have been added now, thanks for helping ;)

1. Get a credit card put 10k USD on your card 2. FInd someone who actually sell one since MA wont release new property on the marker ppl who have them don't really want to sell them. 3 Get lucky and obtain one at some location you don't like /its deserted/ or is another planet probably less populated too. Spend more cash to furnish and stock it and wait for a whale to come visit you which is also rare since the players who are surviving in this game don't usualy throw money left and right. Furthermore thos who do own a shop usually end up with prices that are higher than what you can find people selling it for or the auction have the items listed. Then they wonder why nodobody visit their shop and buy anything or think that well since i payed so much to put a shop i need to make my money back -odds are you won't

Solution to that would be changing the system to allow people sub lease vendors on their property that way they can collect rent from people that wan't to trade will allow more variety of stock and at lower prices. However this is not possible after so many years- kinda makes you wonder why ?

1. Get a credit card put 10k USD on your card 2. FInd someone who actually sell one since MA wont release new property on the marker ppl who have them don't really want to sell them. 3 Get lucky and obtain one at some location you don't like /its deserted/ or is another planet probably less populated too. Spend more cash to furnish and stock it and wait for a whale to come visit you which is also rare since the players who are surviving in this game don't usualy throw money left and right. Furthermore thos who do own a shop usually end up with prices that are higher than what you can find people selling it for or the auction have the items listed. Then they wonder why nodobody visit their shop and buy anything or think that well since i payed so much to put a shop i need to make my money back -odds are you won't
I agree that the shop situation atm does seem to be a bit of a catch-22 one, but to some extent ppl were allowing it to happen. If they hadn't been prepared to pay the sky high prices that were being offered, then sellers would have lowered their sights a bit.

I agree that the shop situation atm does seem to be a bit of a catch-22 one, but to some extent ppl were allowing it to happen. If they hadn't been prepared to pay the sky high prices that were being offered, then sellers would have lowered their sights a bit.
Part of the catch is those prices currently are not realistic. Why you would ask?- Quite simple theres a lot of unabtainable property currently on calypso and other planets. Some are owned by mindark Acquisitions some have their owner terminals disabled. The shops that are available are more expensive because of that if if MA releases the rest of the shops from their hold the prices won't be that high !

Don't take my word for it go to Omegathron towers or sakure city or cape corinth check it yourself and even New Treasure island!

There is so much real estate on Calypso that is owned by avatars who left the game years ago and might not even be alive IRL anymore. When I check Entropia Life sometimes I see they were last active in 2012 or 2013. There are a few locations I would love to own but the owners are long gone so I had to settle for locations I could buy.

Part of the catch is those prices currently are not realistic. Why you would ask?- Quite simple theres a lot of unabtainable property currently on calypso and other planets. Some are owned by mindark Acquisitions some have their owner terminals disabled. The shops that are available are more expensive because of that if if MA releases the rest of the shops from their hold the prices won't be that high !
That's right, they're not realistic for a whole lot of reasons, not least because there isn't a big enough market base to justify these over-the-top prices; but it seems to me that ppl were still prepared to buy them anyway. If they hadn't been, sellers would have lowered their prices.

More like it because those people actually own the shops when they are not paying rent they are not loosing money in 99% of the cases their items cost more than if you were to obtain from other players or in most cases from auction. The current economical situation and the fact that a lot of properties are held by MA affects what happens ingame Everyone is selling and nobody is buying since the game is tied to real $ . We all see what happens and and i think they are trying to cut losses. Which resulted in remooving lootboxes from migration and canceling the mayhem ! Would even go 1 step further and say that with the economical situation and the fact that the game has fraction of the population it's time we start considering loot 3.0 and how to actully keep that population in their game. While Unreal engine 5 is a good thing and it will make the graphics better it dosen't actually do any good without introducing new game mechanics and things to keep ppl who pay intrested. People who own stores have been asking for ages for MA to introduce subrenting - allowing others to place a vendor in their store for a fee or %. SInce the begining of time we had no other mechanic in the game players can use to earn other than sweating and finding random items fruits dung stone.

The game you have is still really unique and if you introduce a system where people can enjoy what they do without leaving them bankrupt and sweating 12 hours a day but instead go arround and do what i want and that will probably increase the game population with the new graphics and actually make them spend more money buying better weapon armor skills bringing their friends and community to the game or even have a subscribtion model to have on a seperate planet that is not actually tied to this economy- I know people have been asking for such thing since the game started. Eventually other games that look similar may show up and you will loose even more players if they offer similar expirience without the high cost that would make us loose even more of the playerbase.

The benefit of other similar games showing up is that would probably make MA thinking of what they can do to keep people playing Entropia while the introduction of Loot 2.0 was a step in the right direction it was probably caused by them loosing a considerable ammount of players since the game first started. And the answer is NO - only changing the graphics is not sufficient to keep people at it. While there are people who see the opertunity to invest in order for them to get a return on their investment and even make profit is tied to the number of people who currently play the game because all the veteran players know that you can still make money in entropia but you can make them from other players and not the company itself :)

So what happens to profit if those players vanish ?

Last edited:
Who knows what the answer is. The idea for subrenting would do something, but more points of sale is what's really needed. I see opportunities almost everywhere I go in EU, but for some reason MA doesn't want to make them available. Or they haven't realised it themselves!

There is a certain person in entropia that i;ve grown to hate goes by the name Marcus it's about time MA does something about that aswel he has aquired a considerable ammount of property over the years and stoped playing as a result theres a lot of areas with everything owned by him that is not being rented to anyone. There ought to be something in the rules that if you havent logged for years such property as shops that dont generate passive income should revert back to MA ownership. And some claim thats an avatar owned by MA whatever is the reasoning we come back to this prices of shops being inflated as a result that players are kept away from property that can be sold way cheaper

There is a certain person in entropia that i;ve grown to hate goes by the name Marcus it's about time MA does something about that aswel he has aquired a considerable ammount of property over the years and stoped playing as a result theres a lot of areas with everything owned by him that is not being rented to anyone. There ought to be something in the rules that if you havent logged for years such property as shops that dont generate passive income should revert back to MA ownership
Send a support case to Mindark expressing to them how much you despise this Marcus estate guy. :ROFLMAO:

FUCKIN MARCUS!

Send a support case to Mindark expressing to them how much you despise this Marcus estate guy. :ROFLMAO:

FUCKIN MARCUS!
Thats the thing they are actually taking unowned property back and wont release it again so someone else can use it. As a result there are entire deserted areas with terminals disabled owned by Mindark acquisitions or Marcus the broker im supprised the community does not react to that !

There is a certain person in entropia that i;ve grown to hate goes by the name Marcus it's about time MA does something about that aswel he has aquired a considerable ammount of property over the years and stoped playing as a result theres a lot of areas with everything owned by him that is not being rented to anyone. There ought to be something in the rules that if you havent logged for years such property as shops that dont generate passive income should revert back to MA ownership. And some claim thats an avatar owned by MA whatever is the reasoning we come back to this prices of shops being inflated as a result that players are kept away from property that can be sold way cheaper
Marcus Callender The Estate Broker is real? Don't think so... This is MA in disguise; a proxy estate owner, not a real player.

Marcus Callender The Estate Broker is real? Don't think so... This is MA in disguise; a proxy estate owner, not a real player.
It's not Mindark in disguise, It's just Mindark. They openly admit to being in control of this avatar. A lot of the properties that still have his name on the terminal could well be owned by other players, but they haven't claimed the terminal yet after the initial sale, for whatever reason. The rest of them have been unreleased and/or seized (i believe Callender owned the Treasure island LAs during the Deathifier lawsuit), and Mindark have obviously deemed it unsuitable to sell them, likely for reasons I have stated before in other threads, namely they don't think the playerbase is large enough to support them, and to protect existing investments from devaluing. They may also be saving them for future event prizes, who knows.

Then why doesn't it clearly say 'owned by MA' on estate terminals? MCTEB is not real. MA just wants players to think that he's a real player. MA doesn't need to be in control of an avatar for this. As to more points of sale devaluing existing estates, so what. This would mean more competition and so drive down estate prices in the auction.

Last edited:
Then why doesn't it clearly say 'owned by MA' on estate terminals? MCTEB is not real. MA just wants players to think that he's a real player. MA doesn't need to be in control of an avatar for this. As to more points of sale devaluing existing estates, so what. This would mean more competition and so drive down estate prices in the auction.
Take it up with Mindark.

Don't you understand? This is obviously your fault /s
Well it partly is. I do own a shop that I am greedily keeping from the open market. I’ll take death threats via PM please, just please leave my mother out of them, she’s a sweet lady, nothing like myself.

Nah I don't think any subterfuge is intended here. It's just a bit of fun. Another NPC as it were almost or a minor bit of game lore if you like. I wonder if there is any story behind the name. Not a "in game story" (like Omegaton) to be clear, I mean maybe there's some silly story behind how they thought up the name. Like maybe there was a real life estate agent with that name that was particularly memorable to someone at MA and they named their default estate owner after them for a laugh.

Case in point, I named my pet bristlehog Marco Behrman

Nah I don't think any subterfuge is intended here. It's just a bit of fun. Another NPC as it were almost or a minor bit of game lore if you like. I wonder if there is any story behind the name. Not a "in game story" (like Omegaton) to be clear, I mean maybe there's some silly story behind how they thought up the name. Like maybe there was a real life estate agent with that name that was particularly memorable to someone at MA and they named their default estate owner after them for a laugh.

Case in point, I named my pet bristlehog Marco Behrman
Yep that's what I think, MCTEB is an NPC and not a participant as some may think.

Yep that's what I think, MCTEB is an NPC and not a participant as some may think.
Also as mentioned before, MA has said to send in support cases or contact the planet partner of people are interested in getting a shop or land deed back on the auction. They likely won’t do it for one interested person, but it does sound like of there is enough interest, they’ll auction. I’ve seen MA having on occasional Marcus auction for houses-apartments in the last few years at least.

Back