Info: Announcement and Q&A regarding the Eggs of Entropia

MindArkSupport|Heimdall

MindArk Live Support
It has come to light that some members of our community were able to purchase one of the test NFT’s that were placed on https://entropia.nft.io/. As this was unintended by Enjin or MindArk, and these test NFT’s are not the official utility token to signify the right to an affiliate agreement with MindArk, Enjin has issued a bug bounty to the purchaser for identifying this issue. Their test NFT’s image has been modified to ensure there is no confusion with the official tokens set to be auctioned off beginning August 1st.

Below we have answered some questions about the Eggs of Entropia that have cropped up in various threads. Please feel free to ask further questions here.

Are these going to be sold on OpenSea(Other Exchanges)?
The initial auction will be on nft.io’s marketplace, once the NFT’s are purchased, the owners will have the ability to trade them directly or on any ERC-20 supporting marketplace.

How are NFT owners and affiliate licenses confirmed?
Initially, MindArk and Enjin will cooperate to ensure NFT owners and Entropia Universe accounts are verified manually before revenue is distributed to a NFT owner. As Entropia Universe evolves into Unreal 5, more automated systems are being assessed to streamline the process.

What happens to affiliate accounts if the NFT is sold?
The accounts are tied to a unique affiliate code, the NFT is the certificate of ownership. Whoever owns the NFT, once verified will receive all undistributed revenue associated with the initial affiliate code.

Do you need to link a ERC-20 wallet to your Entropia Account to purchase these NFTs?
No, the auction of these NFT’s won’t require an Entropia Account. Access to rewards from recruited accounts will require verification of ownership. This will be done manually for the time being in accordance with the NFT owner instructions here: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/nft/

Will you be able to see which avatars are part of the affiliates you have recruited as the NFT owner?
Affiliates will be provided a wide variety of statistics on their recruited accounts on a monthly basis. This information will not include personal information on any recruited accounts as this would be a violation of GDPR.

If the NFT is sold to another player once the pets are released, are the pets also moved to the new owner?
Yes, the pet/companion associated with these NFTs will always be associated with the verified owner of the NFT.

How will I access the revenue from accounts I generate as one of these NFT owners?
Once your associated Entropia Universe account has been verified as the owner of an affiliate NFT, revenue will be shown in the PED flow center of your account within the game. This revenue will be able to be transferred to your PED card within game, then a withdrawal must be requested through the transfer center within Entropia Universe. You will need to identify a bank account in which your funds should be sent to process your withdrawal.

A good response and a lot of questions answered. Thankyou for putting this out :)

Will you be able to see which avatars are part of the affiliates you have recruited as the NFT owner?
Affiliates will be provided a wide variety of statistics on their recruited accounts on a monthly basis. This information will not include personal information on any recruited accounts as this would be a violation of GDPR.
Hey I just want a follow up on this part.
Are you saying that we will not know the username of who signed up as an affiliate with the link?

I think that would be important to know because then you can be friends with your affiliate and if you have reward systems for your affiliate reaching certain profession levels or something how would you know if that player is actually your affiliate?
Also would rewarding affiliates in such a way be against the rules?

for example “for every 10 profession levels your HIGHEST profession is, you will be returned 100ped from me”

Seems like ideas like that from affiliates would be a good idea to encourage newer players to not just quit but get through 10,20,30 professions while getting an award.

Second question, can an affiliate made account still have a mentor?

Hey I just want a follow up on this part.
Are you saying that we will not know the username of who signed up as an affiliate with the link?

I think that would be important to know because then you can be friends with your affiliate and if you have reward systems for your affiliate reaching certain profession levels or something how would you know if that player is actually your affiliate?
Also would rewarding affiliates in such a way be against the rules?

for example “for every 10 profession levels your HIGHEST profession is, you will be returned 100ped from me”

Seems like ideas like that from affiliates would be a good idea to encourage newer players to not just quit but get through 10,20,30 professions while getting an award.

Second question, can an affiliate made account still have a mentor?
GDPR laws or whatever the equivalent is globally. Would be to hard to manage privacy especially if they are tradable.

It has come to light that some members of our community were able to purchase one of the test NFT’s that were placed on https://entropia.nft.io/. As this was unintended by Enjin or MindArk, and these test NFT’s are not the official utility token to signify the right to an affiliate agreement with MindArk, Enjin has issued a bug bounty to the purchaser for identifying this issue. Their test NFT’s image has been modified to ensure there is no confusion with the official tokens set to be auctioned off beginning August 1st.
That's the funniest thing I've read all week!! X'D :rofl: I propose MA rename that one the "Ahhh Egg"

Something for MA to consider... in short, steam or NFTs... sounds like there is a risk.

Having friends in game development and creation, and myself doing the same because of said friends, and finding it interesting to see how NFT's are received generally or how the tech has been greeted by gamers and as such also by companies, it is a very huge risk. I posted several articles in the NFT egg thread highlighting a fraction of the problems.

Most big gaming companies are to various degrees of non silent to complete stealth scrapping any and most of their ideas for involving any form of NFT, largely because of the backlash from their playerbases. "Pitchfork parades" would be inadequate.

That is not to say that games having NFT's can be a thing, its just that because of how these games are, a lot of people, a great majority, do not want to touch it with a 100 ft pole nor be or play anything where it is involved. So while theres a risk for MA in this, with the NFT's entropia has shifted from being known as a RCE game, to being known as a NFT game. This halts the majority of normal people considering it. Over night the few friends i had slowly managed to explain EU to and coax in explaining that ist "RCE" and NFT's nor crypto was involved more than being able to deposit with. They saw the NFT news, lots of memes happened and its now a game they haven't tried not have any interest caring about.

we will however get crypto whales, and i just hope they wont hoard items, get bored, and leave said items on derelict accounts, lost to the times forever...

Disclaimer; I have nothing against crypto nor NFT's and such. I have gone so far as to even try making my own but not reallyfigured out how i want them to be (artistic NFT's that is). I feel the concept of NFT's themselves seems fairly cool, but it sadly does get trash a lot because of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch in the grand schemes :\

If you do not have an Entropia Universe account yet, you will need to create one either through your own affiliate link or through general signup

So users can refer themselves?

GDPR laws or whatever the equivalent is globally. Would be to hard to manage privacy especially if they are tradable.
By having just a separate tab in the friends list that is titled “affiliate link users”?

kind of like the “disciples” tab now?
Genuinely curious as not aware
If you do not have an Entropia Universe account yet, you will need to create one either through your own affiliate link or through general signup

So users can refer themselves?
I was wondering that also, free 10% of your decay returned back to you? Every bit helps

By having just a separate tab in the friends list that is titled “affiliate link users”?

kind of like the “disciples” tab now?
Genuinely curious as not aware

I was wondering that also, free 10% of your decay returned back to you? Every bit helps
It says so right in the link they have to the nft account page. Your encourages to refer yourself if you have no account it seems

index.php

index.php

It says so right in the link they have to the nft account page. Your encourages to refer yourself if you have no account it seems
Yeah it was just late at night when I read it. Are they expecting someone who has never played the game the be the highest bidder?

Below we have answered some questions about the Eggs of Entropia that have cropped up in various threads. Please feel free to ask further questions here.

Are these going to be sold on OpenSea(Other Exchanges)?
The initial auction will be on nft.io’s marketplace, once the NFT’s are purchased, the owners will have the ability to trade them directly or on any ERC-20 supporting marketplace.

How are NFT owners and affiliate licenses confirmed?
Initially, MindArk and Enjin will cooperate to ensure NFT owners and Entropia Universe accounts are verified manually before revenue is distributed to a NFT owner. As Entropia Universe evolves into Unreal 5, more automated systems are being assessed to streamline the process.

What happens to affiliate accounts if the NFT is sold?
The accounts are tied to a unique affiliate code, the NFT is the certificate of ownership. Whoever owns the NFT, once verified will receive all undistributed revenue associated with the initial affiliate code.

Do you need to link a ERC-20 wallet to your Entropia Account to purchase these NFTs?
No, the auction of these NFT’s won’t require an Entropia Account. Access to rewards from recruited accounts will require verification of ownership. This will be done manually for the time being in accordance with the NFT owner instructions here: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/nft/

If the NFT is sold to another player once the pets are released, are the pets also moved to the new owner?
Yes, the pet/companion associated with these NFTs will always be associated with the verified owner of the NFT.

How will I access the revenue from accounts I generate as one of these NFT owners?
Once your associated Entropia Universe account has been verified as the owner of an affiliate NFT, revenue will be shown in the PED flow center of your account within the game. This revenue will be able to be transferred to your PED card within game, then a withdrawal must be requested through the transfer center within Entropia Universe. You will need to identify a bank account in which your funds should be sent to process your withdrawal.
  1. After we have verified ownership with our partners at Enjin, you will be sent an affiliate agreement that will remain valid as long as you are the owner of the NFT. You will need to fill out the agreement, sign it, and send it back to nftadmin@mindark.com.

Content of the affiliate contract that buyer is forced to sign please. Without this it makes no sense bidding as you can buy it, but there is no going back (no money return policy) in case you don't like the contract that is being forced.

Yeah it was just late at night when I read it. Are they expecting someone who has never played the game the be the highest bidder?

I would not be surprised if the bidders are already known, and ready to go. Nothing stopping a PP buying their own referral egg either.

I say this as the most obvious of questions wasn't even included. Such as what tokens are required to bid? Is it ETH, wrapped ETH or another token and how long is the auction period?

Bit of a learning curve too, I've never used this NFT crypto company, no idea if we would need to transfer in ETH from defi wallet etc.

It will be interesting to watch this. If it passes my budget fast, i wont even bother moving in crypto. I'll stick with deeds, afterall any new players is a bonus for deeds anyway.

Nothing stopping a PP buying their own referral egg either.
But don't the PP's already have affliliate links? Pretty certain I saw them in use before when following links from different planets' websites. If they had another one wouldn't this just be diluting the pool? They'd be encouraging half their new players to sign up with one link, and the other half with the new egg one. They'd get the same kickback so no need if you already have one.

I guess they could buy one for use as a prize in a competition or something? That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. They could run a competition for their players for whoever can come up with the best promo site for their planet and then reward the winner with the referral link.

But don't the PP's already have affliliate links? Pretty certain I saw them in use before when following links from different planets' websites. If they had another one wouldn't this just be diluting the pool? They'd be encouraging half their new players to sign up with one link, and the other half with the new egg one. They'd get the same kickback so no need if you already have one.

I guess they could buy one for use as a prize in a competition or something? That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. They could run a competition for their players for whoever can come up with the best promo site for their planet and then reward the winner with the referral link.
To prevent others from getting a cut would be my guess.

I wonder if MA is trying to attract more people with crypto wallets who can't use their wallets.
Will there be any changes in this direction?

Well to put it another way... why wouldn't they want to attract crypto whales to their game?

This is bullshill. Why not allow general player have a referral link.

Heck. Make them pay 100, 1000 PED or whatnot to have it set up... EU streamers and YT content makers would have incentive and bring ppl in.
Tying it up with crypto is just hoops we don't need to hop ATM.

I.

To prevent others from getting a cut would be my guess.

To prevent others to advertise your planet and get new players for you.
Buying crypto egg is basically obligation to advertise the planet for free in attempt to recover the sunken cost.

Buying crypto egg is basically obligation to advertise the planet for free in attempt to recover the sunken cost.
What if the goal is to just have a goofy pet? Who says if I won I'd want to even advertise? I'll be like neverdie and be a waste in the game lol

What if the goal is to just have a goofy pet? Who says if I won I'd want to even advertise? I'll be like neverdie and be a waste in the game lol

I swear if the cyrene egg, is a fucking jelly worm, and it is the ONLY jelly worm in existance, i will flip tables...

Or buy up your competitors only to let them disappear in virtual jail. Great opportunity for malice unless there are safeguards in the contract, like, if no advertising or no success within certain amount of time, another one will be released so it's no longer unique. I don't know if anyone thought of that.

I swear if the cyrene egg, is a fucking jelly worm, and it is the ONLY jelly worm in existance, i will flip tables...
Exactly, If I'm not getting my Messi pet with the Caly Egg, I will be fuming

Well to put it another way... why wouldn't they want to attract crypto whales to their game?
same reason that FTX founder is giving away all his money and crypto

Back