Any Auction Trackers in 2022?

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
Years ago (almost decades) there used to be auction tracker websites for PE where it was possible to keep track of item or resource prices. From what I remember these used a source on the PE website called "expiring auction items". From dim memory I think we had mytwopecs, and er... pebay? plus another I forget the name of. There were also player made online utilities that would give you a guess at an evaluation on all the items in your account if you copied the data from the my items page when you log into the game website. Again, these used tracked auction data to make value estimates.

I know these days we have a FB like site for tracking globals but are there any sources/resources available for auction data these days?

Thanks and sorry if it's a daft question/there is something I should know about that is obvious.

Cheers
Wistrel

Wow! Nothing? OK then...

There was PEauction too, which is probably what you are referring to. Unfortunately, MA never made available any data API and without a web page showing "items expiring soon" there is no easy way to scrape that data either, which is how those sites were working, I believe. Hopefully someone will jump in and prove me wrong.

There was PEauction too, which is probably what you are referring to. Unfortunately, MA never made available any data API and without a web page showing "items expiring soon" there is no easy way to scrape that data either, which is how those sites were working, I believe. Hopefully someone will jump in and prove me wrong.

Ah that sounds like it was the one I was thinking of. Note it says nothing but "access denied" these days. Interesting to see @Killahbee that there is still auction data available. I wonder if the old sites simply fell out of maintenance/interest from the creator, or that the data source changed or that simply no one really knows about that page you linked these days....

I guess these things worked by just logging the item names to a DB; either comparing and adding new prices to existing ones, or starting new items for anything not seen by the DB already. I can see that it's far from an ideal source of data though. This said, from what I can tell, there are 21 possible auctions there although whether or not some of them ever see any items is another matter. It could be that some don't. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to turn that data into some easier to use format for the wider community to utilise but the problem is, even if such a format existed, someone would still need to put a lot of effort into making something to log/track it all and present the results in a coherent/easy/useful to use way.

Ah well. Thanks for the info anyhow
Wistrel

PS any idea how often those expiring auction stats update?

Back