How space can ruin game experience

Msturlese

Stalker
Society
Dirty Dingos
Marco Killy Stur
before writing i underline that i dont care of 70 Euro lost being kille din sapce, that is a negligible amount of money but...

Being minding my own business was heading to cyrene with some pills (i was unaware those can be looted, my bad)
looking at Sandman on Netflix on second screen flying
on second shot i received i have disconnected, but was too late, and as i relogged i learned that also pills can be lost.

the real problem is not the loss but the attack of hate toward the burglar that lead me to think "die bastard"
and "hope you use that money to cure the cancer u deserve"

this is Bad Karma
and is generated by a stupid PVP feature of space.

this is the real bad experience caused from this feature...
i game to find relax and peace and got hate and anger issues

To the burglar, i apologize for wishing you to die in sufference, you probably dont deserve

Yeah I was looted in space once or twice for really small amounts but that was a long time ago, it's a really unpleasant experience, the fact that we have pirates in space, it's like I said before, it's as if Amazon allowed one customer to steal other peoples packages, it's totally ridiculous to have that in an RCE, especially now when the game need every paying customer.

Since then, however, I learned how to avoid pirates when I'm carrying loot. You just need to NOT fly straight from space station to space station, space is 3D, use that to your advantage, go up/down/left/right for a while and then just keep flying until you get to safe space, after that you can adjust. Pirates will only catch you if you fly in a straight line from SS to SS. Use this method and fly safe, if you still have the desire to play that is...

Since then, however, I learned how to avoid pirates when I'm carrying loot. You just need to NOT fly straight from space station to space station, space is 3D, use that to your advantage, go up/down/left/right for a while and then just keep flying until you get to safe space, after that you can adjust. Pirates will only catch you if you fly in a straight line from SS to SS. Use this method and fly safe, if you still have the desire to play that is...
Yes, I do this and have yet to encounter anyone outside the space station areas! (y)

It can be an unpleasant experience. Not so much that you get looted but the behavior of the looter. There is always a risk in space , you just need to be aware.
Pirates are pirates - that's what they do.

Last edited:
Fly up/down 500-1000m before beelining to the planet, I have never met anybody up there. Space is quiet as it is. A pirate would be wasting his sweet time sitting anywhere else other than the default Z plane, where most interactions will happen, so you'll be safe. The only other players you will meet up there will be players like me that want to avoid pirate interactions, and I won't shoot you.

To clarify, I wouldn't carry loot in any circumstance that you care about losing. I personally just fly high/low because I get annoyed about being sent back the the SS and having to restart my journey. I NEVER carry loot in space (at least knowingly), except on a mothership.

Fly up/down 500-1000m before beelining to the planet, I have never met anybody up there. Space is quiet as it is. A pirate would be wasting his sweet time sitting anywhere else other than the default Z plane, where most interactions will happen, so you'll be safe. The only other players you will meet up there will be players like me that want to avoid pirate interactions, and I won't shoot you.

To clarify, I wouldn't carry loot in any circumstance that you care about losing. I personally just fly high/low because I get annoyed about being sent back the the SS and having to restart my journey. I NEVER carry loot in space (at least knowingly), except on a mothership.
better to go down/up 2-3k just to be safe

better to go down/up 2-3k just to be safe
If you are carrying loot and want to give yourself the maximum possible safety net, then sure, but in my case I would say this is mostly unnecessary. At 500+ meters you will be outside of their range 99% of the time, or you will at least delay the pursuit until you cross the server border, then the kill wouldn't matter. As I only want to save myself time, adding extra length to my trip by going a few kms extra every time is defeating the purpose.

I am sorry for your loss. I have almost loaded up thousands of strongboxes on a space journey myself so I could open them on another planet, until realizing that they too are lootable. Losing those would have hurt alot. It can be confusing what is and isn't lootable and also is easy to forget small things in your inventory. Hope you regain the fun back in the game. Don't let one person ruin what the game means to you.

Last edited:
I am sorry for your loss. I have almost loaded up thousands of strongboxes on a space journey myself so I could open them on another planet, until realizing that they too are lootable. Losing those would have hurt alot. It can be confusing what is and isn't lootable and also is easy to forget small things in your inventory. Hope you regain the fun back in the game. Don't let one person ruin what the game means to you.
Since when are strong boxes lootable? I've been under the impression that they weren't. Also, the item description doesn't mention it. Fucking Yikes!
maybe MA should have a different color outline for items that can be looted in space to help ppl understand which items are lootable without having to open each item info.. just a thought
Or better yet. Have a second confirmation screen upon entering space which tells you if you have any lootable items, which ones they are, and if you are SURE you want to enter space. Very occasionally we all forget about some random item stack way down at the bottom of our inventory that was missed.

Yep. Also pay attention to the blue zones so you don't get killed or hit by mobs either. Zig Zag yourself around the mobs and map so you get from point A to B by going through the entire alphabet first. When possible also stay to outside edges of space where the non-lootable areas are for the most part... just be careful to not keep aiming to the edge of space where it'll stop your auto run as you bump in to deep space... just inch in a bit closer to center from there.

Since when are strong boxes lootable? I've been under the impression that they weren't. Also, the item description doesn't mention it. Fucking Yikes!
Seasonal ones are, webstore ones arent

Again i dont care of item loss, the part i did not like is how a feature can arise bad emotions in a place where i come to relax

@Suljie i was aware that i could be looted some garbage i was moving to other planet, did not know pills were, now i do :)

@ some: this can not ruin my game at all, 700 ped is like a TT loss of 8 hours Arkadia underground shooting tax , not a matter.

@ Katie did never realize space is 3d, i consider it just a waste of my game time, to move from one interesting place to another

Again i dont care of item loss, the part i did not like is how a feature can arise bad emotions in a place where i come to relax
While I find this mildly annoying it comes pretty far down the list on grievances I have with this game :D.
Mobs stuck in trees, Not enough HOFs, ninja spawns, respawn bug, invisible radar bug, server lag, loot lag, unclaimable loot, chat screens reappearing on relog, Not enough HOFs, exploiters, scammers, rookie warriors, bad spawn densities, getting stuck in terrain, stuck in doorways, Not enough HOFs, constant CTDs, unintuitive and inconsistent UI, Malls getting set to PVP, bugged missions, clothing decay,, Not Enough HOFs, killer pumpkins, and finally Not Enough HOFs all are things that bother me more. :p

I have almost loaded up thousands of strongboxes on a space journey myself so I could open them on another planet

I did the same once with 1k christmas boxes, because they are not labelled by info page as lootable in pvp.
Some soc mate said it is when i was already flying lootable, so i was sweating till i have arrived safely.
Still not 100% sure if they lootable or not, but wont risk to find out.

I did the same once with 1k christmas boxes, because they are not labelled by info page as lootable in pvp.
Some soc mate said it is when i was already flying lootable, so i was sweating till i have arrived safely.
They are not, i can confirm it... xDD

I usually fly a lot because i ended leaving the planet when i see returns are bad (always xD) and i have been killed a lot, lost some pills in the beggining... till then i just fly with 1 pile of Dung :) Pvp in the space its part of the game and its needed to the rest of space work as it do it right now, MS, taxis, etc...

I'm so confused now. Anybody with a gun want to come kill me in PVP on my way to Monria to clear up this box thing? I'll bring 1x Halloween with me, it's yours if you happen to loot it. I'll also bring a pile of shit, so you'll be rewarded either way!

Sorry to hear your story. First time being killed and looted in space is always a moment of surprise mixed with a bit of grudge.
You knew PVP is lootable and you didn't expect the pills are lootable, if you allow me, here are 3 tips if you travel in space:

- Check which stackables are lootables or not
- Verify all inventories and containers (vehicles, boxes etc..)
- grab a vehicle repairing tool and some weldingwire in case of

To my understanding on how its been explained.

if a item does _NOT_ have the "warning can be looted in pvp bla bla" text on it, it can not be looted by another player. As long as that text is NOT there, you are safe.

If a item does NOT have that text, and you get looted or it is lost due to pvp, you have every right from here to any heaven high moon right with id say a vast majority if not just everyone on PCF in your back to cause utter hell about it :p

also if you want to warp to be safe, be ware that pirates do have motherships and space ships now and do intercept warps. So even when warping you are not safe. Only use warps from reputable safe services, and if they are slightly unsure ask them about logging off till you are at the destination as well and use public discords to communicate arrivals.

This is because pirates do drag ships out of the sky and blow you up before they get to really react :p

They should just generate a popup window the moment you enter space that stays open/can be opened by action library command that shows everything that someone could loot from you in any given moment just like a lootwindow -> no more missing out on stuff in some container + meaningfull warning with content

Sadly it doesnt seem that MA has a real grasp on the negative effects on the game and playerbase for allowing PVP lootable to continue.

I don't have enough fingers to count active, depositing players I knew who raged over this issue and never came back.

You might say fine, we don't need them anyway, but this game is a game of a player based economy.
Without players to buy our markups, skills and gear the game is dead, Period.
Why ever even consider giving people a reason to leave when this is your design?

It's a shame that most players now won't have the opportunities I had earlier in the game, to accumulate real 7 figure wealth.

Sadly it doesnt seem that MA has a real grasp on the negative effects on the game and playerbase for allowing PVP lootable to continue.

I don't have enough fingers to count active, depositing players I knew who raged over this issue and never came back.

You might say fine, we don't need them anyway, but this game is a game of a player based economy.
Why ever even consider giving people a reason to leave when this is your design?

It's a shame that most players now won't have the opportunities I had earlier in the game, to accumulate real 7 figure wealth.
For sure. Space has not worked since it was introduced and they still keep it without changes..

They are not, i can confirm it... xDD

I usually fly a lot because i ended leaving the planet when i see returns are bad (always xD) and i have been killed a lot, lost some pills in the beggining... till then i just fly with 1 pile of Dung :) Pvp in the space its part of the game and its needed to the rest of space work as it do it right now, MS, taxis, etc...

I can confirm that seasonal boxes are not lootable in PVP as well. My friend and I tested in lootable PVP on caly late spring just to be certain, and I guess lootable PVP on planet works the same way as in space.

I can confirm that seasonal boxes are not lootable in PVP as well. My friend and I tested in lootable PVP on caly late spring just to be certain, and I guess lootable PVP on planet works the same way as in space.
I'm currently sitting idle in space with my 1 halloween box waiting for a pirate to come by, are you saying I'm wasting my time?

I'm currently sitting idle in space with my 1 halloween box waiting for a pirate to come by, are you saying I'm wasting my time?

If you are already up there and it is just 1 box, might as well commit to it to be certain than just trust some dude on the internet ;)

If you are already up there and it is just 1 box, might as well commit to it to be certain than just trust some dude on the internet ;)
I've been trusting every dude and that's my problem. half say its lootable and half say it isnt. :D.

If the pirates in this sector hurry up and get their act together I will soon have conclusive proof for us all.

They are like Dogs, they are happy to run all day chasing rabbits but when you hand them a piece of meat they turn their nose up.

For sure. Space has not worked since it was introduced and they still keep it without changes..

Space works fine, if you are one of a few select people.

if you are not, tough luck, you have to join the rest of us and be annoyed at how shite space is and how f* trash it is to deal with on a general basis. But the select few are mostly ubers and because as such, what they say is law, and those select few handfull players is what we have to adhere to, they are the only players that know how to deal with issues in EU ( make it better for them) and they hate when the majority of the playerbase does anything else but look at them as gods and try to fix issues making it nice to play for the remaining thousands of players in the game, after all, the thousands of players do not exist in their eyes. /s

index.php

Back