Hit rates lowered?

Hi fam,

Lately, I've been struggling to get a HR above 25% no matter where I go. I mainly mine unamped on Caly and it is very difficult to even breakeven after MU with a hit rate that low. I know some of you are blessed and hit frakite or redulite every claim, but us plebeians are not that lucky unfortunately.

My question: is this common experience for other miners lately? Or am I just getting shafted?

Also of note - sent MA a message after I got a 38% TT return on a 150P unamped run to see if something was wrong. Got a BS non-response stating that I have the same opportunity as other players. Just got done with a 165P run and got a 50% TT return.

For those who would say my "big hits" are what is causing me trouble, I'm down more than $10k to MA since I started playing a little over a year and a half ago, so I don't think that's it.

I've had plenty of hunting runs with 30-40% tt after 150ped, probably evens out if cycle more

I've never had a hunting run with less than a 70% return if at least 100 ped was cycled. The fact that Ludvig from MindArk is hanging out around this post makes me even more suspicious :ROFLMAO:

Hi fam,

Lately, I've been struggling to get a HR above 25% no matter where I go. I mainly mine unamped on Caly and it is very difficult to even breakeven after MU with a hit rate that low. I know some of you are blessed and hit frakite or redulite every claim, but us plebeians are not that lucky unfortunately.

My question: is this common experience for other miners lately? Or am I just getting shafted?

The only thing I can think of is if you're bombing a fairly recently mined area? I know if I decide to do something like argus pvp I can have a terrible hit rate and then realise I'm just following someone else just out of radar. Better to mine hot areas outside of peak gaming hours.

The only thing I can think of is if you're bombing a fairly recently mined area? I know if I decide to do something like argus pvp I can have a terrible hit rate and then realise I'm just following someone else just out of radar. Better to mine hot areas outside of peak gaming hours.
That’s why I made it clear that no matter where I go (as in - this happens everywhere not just Argus PVP), this is the status quo. It’s a fair idea that you had, but hopefully this response distills why it is incorrect.

PS- congrats on the two 100k+ shrapnel hits in less than two months. You, my friend, are the chosen amongst us gamblers.

Check out my mining log. itll give u a good idea about how hitrate matters. as long as you mining for high mu stuff the low tt return shouldnt matter. It will even out eventually. But if u only finiding lyst and oil and usless stuff, well you gonna be in trouble. you need to target high end stuff.

Check out my mining log. itll give u a good idea about how hitrate matters. as long as you mining for high mu stuff the low tt return shouldnt matter. It will even out eventually. But if u only finiding lyst and oil and usless stuff, well you gonna be in trouble. you need to target high end stuff.
Respectfully, I disagree wholeheartedly. TT returns matter even when hunting for high MU materials. Given that Pyrite only drops for about 10% of loot composition and more rare materials like Frakite, Redulite, Light Liquid, etc. drop even less so, you still need a reasonably high (but losing) TT% to be able to breakeven.

Folks like Messi will undoubtedly come along and say "trust the system", but I would say that if you can't make money from MU with a small starting balance, then trusting that you will be able to do so with a large investment into the game is just that: risking large sums of money based on blind trust that is predicated on the statements of other players and not your own experience.

Short answer - Mining is broken. It just is.

I've mined quite exclusively for the past 18 years until I found hunting to have consistently higher returns, especially over millions of ped cycled.

There's a reason why pretty much every top all time cycled miner, according to Entropia Life, has either quit or switched to Hunting/Crafting. This can also be seen in the HoF chart, where often a find over 50 ped will give you a HoF, and the top 5 often is majority 3-digit claims. Additionally, it's the same reason why UL amps have declined 40-50% in value. No demand to mine.

There is no money in mining. The system is broken, period. All we can do is adapt.

Don’t think I’ve ever got over 50% return …

yes I have cycled enough.

Doubt it. Prove it. Go to TT, buy TT finder, drop 200 probes (preferably, not all on the same spot) and report back the results.

that can happen indoor, id say impossible on planet

worst runs for me were like ~90% ( for few weeks)

This is me using Level 7 ul triple for one day on planet 16041,4 > 13884,2 thats 86,55% return. One day without multis doesn't mean shit tho.

Last edited:
There are definitely "dry" periods for HR that can see planet-wide (maybe universe-wide) as well as more localized differences at the server level, etc.

I've noticed some tough areas lately, but I haven't been online mining as much in the last week or so. There are still areas you can get high HR on, but Caly has always seemed fickle and highly variable.

Yes there will be dry periods no doubt but no way in hell will u ever get 50% returns. unless the area is just been mined and you dropping too close to the previous drop.
Don’t think I’ve ever got over 50% return …

yes I have cycled enough.

Bottom line do what works for you. If you dont think mining is working for you dont mine. But i can atest that mu is the only way to mine. even a 70% tt return is okay if you mined an area with avg mu of 120%. And get off Caly. there are better planets.

Short answer - Mining is broken. It just is.

I've mined quite exclusively for the past 18 years until I found hunting to have consistently higher returns, especially over millions of ped cycled.

There's a reason why pretty much every top all time cycled miner, according to Entropia Life, has either quit or switched to Hunting/Crafting. This can also be seen in the HoF chart, where often a find over 50 ped will give you a HoF, and the top 5 often is majority 3-digit claims. Additionally, it's the same reason why UL amps have declined 40-50% in value. No demand to mine.

There is no money in mining. The system is broken, period. All we can do is adapt.
Says you. Let me check my own stats to see what I should do:

TT spent vs TT loot

Hunting Last 10k+
Spent = 14,198.53
Loot = 11,861.76
83.54%

Mining Last 10k+
Spent = 11,015.52
Loot = 11,974.41
108.70%

Crafting Last 10k+
Spent = 11,723.71
Loot = 13,908.99
118.64%

Hhmm, maybe a fluke? Let's check all of 2022

Hunting 2022 YTD
Spent = 27,919.60
Loot = 23,348.63
83.63%

Mining 2022 YTD
Spent = 38,946.95
Loot = 37,809.24
97.08%

Crafting 2022 YTD
Spent = 13,008.21
Loot = 12,159.34
93.47%

OK, must be a bad year....

Hunting Since 2016
Spent = 147,653.67
Loot = 131,538.90
89.09%

Hunting Since 2016 (Removing Non-Essentials, Decoy, Scanner, etc.)
Spent = 146,684.20
Loot = 131,538.90
89.67%

Mining Since 2016
Spent = 395,535.85
Loot = 385,028.91
97.34%

Oohh, no WONDER I don't hunt as much as I'd like to....

Back on topic:
Hit rate, Schmit rate.

unamped on "normal"
small amped on "normal"
big amped on "normal"
unamped on "reduced area" (lower hit rate, but bigger claims)
small amped on "reduced area"
big amped on "reduced area"

ALL of these different scenarios have different hit rates, but overall, usually same TT return-ish.
And don't get me started on mining for 1, 2 or all 3 methods (ore, mineral, treasure) at once.

Says you. Let me check my own stats to see what I should do:

TT spent vs TT loot

Hunting Last 10k+
Spent = 14,198.53
Loot = 11,861.76
83.54%

Mining Last 10k+
Spent = 11,015.52
Loot = 11,974.41
108.70%

Crafting Last 10k+
Spent = 11,723.71
Loot = 13,908.99
118.64%

Hhmm, maybe a fluke? Let's check all of 2022

Hunting 2022 YTD
Spent = 27,919.60
Loot = 23,348.63
83.63%

Mining 2022 YTD
Spent = 38,946.95
Loot = 37,809.24
97.08%

Crafting 2022 YTD
Spent = 13,008.21
Loot = 12,159.34
93.47%

OK, must be a bad year....

Hunting Since 2016
Spent = 147,653.67
Loot = 131,538.90
89.09%

Hunting Since 2016 (Removing Non-Essentials, Decoy, Scanner, etc.)
Spent = 146,684.20
Loot = 131,538.90
89.67%

Mining Since 2016
Spent = 395,535.85
Loot = 385,028.91
97.34%

Oohh, no WONDER I don't hunt as much as I'd like to....
Agreed 100%. i dont know what people are doing when they mine. But this is the reality. and u can easily break even and even profit.

I can show you trackers of people going 80% tt hunting with 200k cycled. And if you dont know what to hunt and dont have efficient gear, hunting is way more dangerous. Lets not forget if u hunting shit with no mu ur never gonna come close to break even. Mining has a more forgiving margin when it comes to MU. Again if u mining areas where lyst and oil are 40% chance, ur not mining ur just wasting ur ped. But im just wasting my breath here, people always put mining down even though they dont do resaercha nd go mine 1mil cycle on an area where u have 5% chance to hit high mu stuff and rest 90% is garbage. Then sit and complain " TT is shit".

Don't be afraid to try other planets guys... Schedule warps are only 10 ped and there are 2 of them almost daily. If something doesn't work don't keep going like a blind man, experiment different servers, different planets, tune up your gear for what you looking for. For example did you know that the SOOTOs frequency on arkadia is probably 5x more than on calypso?

You should see between 30 and 33% HR. After a few 100 drops my HR always normalise to this.

A few years back i was had a really bad case of runs :sick: this last for months. Did not matter what i did could not get my hit rate up or i was getting the smallest claims possible. I was d so much k's of ped, then things started pick up. It went back to my average. i had some big hits and got my most of what i lost this was over some time though. This happened right after a update and before loot 2.0.

I'm doing alright in mining, easiest acees to MU with minimal investment, just gotta find a few good areas and that's it.

Another 100 drop run in the middle of nowhere where literally no one ever goes...another 26% hit rate. Come on MA, play fair!

Assuming average claim size is 2.5x, that places me at a TT return of 65%. You would need average MU of 155% to breakeven at that rate, folks. That's like hitting a rare mineral like Garcen every hit or Cave sap every other hit. And that's JUST to break even! Unbelievable!

Apparently having high mining skills and the best gear in the game doesn't matter at all. You're doomed to be cheated by MA.

I promise to come back and apologize if my opinion is ever changed. I'm not a cussing man, but I've never wanted to cuss so badly.

Last edited:
stop calculating small runs dude, you are fucking with your mind only, its bad...
No, I'm simply making a record. MA needs to be held accountable. The fact that there are basically 0 official statements about mining needs to change. Miners need to have a codified process by which to believe that they can succeed. Otherwise, it's just gambling and not skill/knowledge-based gaming.

No, I'm simply making a record. MA needs to be held accountable. The fact that there are basically 0 official statements about mining needs to change. Miners need to have a codified process by which to believe that they can succeed. Otherwise, it's just gambling and not skill/knowledge-based gaming.
This is fact.. MA have left mining to disappear

You do shrapnel on condition and now you complain about 100 bombs run lol. Mining is still there, im not saying its good as used to be markup wise but the TT returns are still there.

dropping 50-100 bombs and coming on forum to cry its just showing you learned nothing about this game
Okay, teach me. PM me and teach me how to be a better miner. If it works, I'll come back and apologize like I said.

Ludvig from Mindark, anything to add since you're lurking again?

Okay, teach me. PM me and teach me how to be a better miner. If it works, I'll come back and apologize like I said.

Ludvig from Mindark, anything to add since you're lurking again?

You do shrapnel on condition and now you complain about 100 bombs run lol. Mining is still there, im not saying its good as used to be markup wise but the TT returns are still there.

Back