Keep ares perfected or switch to Easter 2022

B-K

Dominant
Little black-kobolt Star
Title says it all.
I am thinking of switching to a easter 2022 instead of the ares perfected.
My main goals in hunting are to get the best possible tt-return.
I mostly hunt mobs in the 500-1000 hp range. My lvl's are way above the lvl i hunt at.
I'll be getting less kills per time spend because of the loss of the reload buff.

What are your tougths on the matter?

If it helps you make a better decision this link is a hunting log i've been keeping.
hunting return log | Virtualsense.eu

Hi,
Use this tool to see the impact of various buffs over your DPS: http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompareV2.aspx

A note, more crit chance will not impact your TT returns. Only looter level and weapon setup efficiency affect your TT returns.

The order of buffs in my book would be:
- max reload asap,
- some speed,
- ideally heal over time from a resto chip,
- crit chance,
- crit damage,
- some life steal

If you want max TT returns at that mob hp range, the order of buffs in my book would be:
1. Crit Chance
2. Crit Damage
3. Life Steal or
4. Heal Over Time
5. Run Speed
6. Auto Loot
7. Max Reload
My explanation is, that the majority of hunters are in that mob HP range, be ahead of them.

Last edited:
If you want max TT returns at that mob hp range, the order of buffs in my book would be:
1. Crit Chance
2. Crit Damage
3. Life Steal or
4. Heal Over Time
5. Run Speed
6. Auto Loot
7. Max Reload
My explanation is, that the majority of hunters are in that mob HP range, be ahead of them.
5 years into loot 2.0 and you still didn't get it that none of the buffs listed by you increase your TT return. If your angle was to have lower def cost, max relaod should be at the top in order to be able to kill the mob faster...

Hi,
Use this tool to see the impact of various buffs over your DPS: http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompareV2.aspx

A note, more crit chance will not impact your TT returns. Only looter level and weapon setup efficiency affect your TT returns.

The order of buffs in my book would be:
- max reload asap,
- some speed,
- ideally heal over time from a resto chip,
- crit chance,
- crit damage,
- some life steal
I would put crit chance and crit damge at number 2 and 3. While it doesn't improve tt returns it still let you kill more mobs with same amount of ammo so more chance on mu and more important avg Mu vs your avg tt return.

I dont know the effects of max reload on ammo burn since I never seen any calculations on that but I have my reload maxed and i am doing pretty ok like that

Last edited:
I would put crit chance and crit damge at number 2 and 3. While it doesn't improve tt returns it still let you kill more mobs with same amount of ammo so more chance on mu and more important avg Mu vs your avg tt return.

I dont know the effects of max reload on ammo burn since I never seen any calculations on that but I have my reload maxed and i am doing pretty ok like that
If you sacrifice 10% dps, to increase 5% dpp.....that mob better have 0 regen or your true DPP isn't what you think it is.

5 years into loot 2.0 and you still don't get it that none of the buffs listed by you increase your TT return. If your angle was to have lower def cost, max relaod should be at the top in order to be able to kill the mob faster...
I'm so stubborn and persistent loot favours the bold. I'm one of the few hunters on here that makes ped regularly. What you haven't understood is, that the game/loot mechanics haven't changed since Loot 2.0 or even in 2.1. All that changed were newer parameters were mixed into the whole to make it more diverse in how people engage with the algorithm, but the core stayed untouched. The introduction of those new parameters is where people's perceptions changed into the thought patterns they have now. Plus I don't have an issue with taking defensive costs those get paid back under Loot 2.1 right? :p The focus here is killing not speed. I could go on, but my point is if you're after making ped hunting or mining etc, don't do what the majority do if you want to be the few exceptions.

This guy even gets it better than you Evey. Improved TT returns don't come from DPP, they come from kills. DPP helps with increasing your number of kills to bankroll ratio. Loot waves exist, and you gotta learn how to ride those out to the bank. Even Yazuki knows this to be true, whether they realise it or not. Here is the simplest formula to follow if you want to be a profitable hunter. Focus on these in order > DPP > MU > Waves > High TT Returns > Profit. Plus he ain't wrong about increased MU, I've seen a correlated improvement in MU loot / DPP. Max reload doesn't have any added benefit aside from increased hits per minute and more DPS. DPS has its uses, but the pros aren't as many as the other factors I'd prioritise above it. That's all for now.

If you sacrifice 10% dps, to increase 5% dpp.....that mob better have 0 regen or your true DPP isn't what you think it is.
If you'd like I can script a suitable table of examples, to show the above statement is a biased fallacy. Every single person who's taken my advice to the T has either profited from regular hunting or worst case improved their overall TT returns.

It depends if you want big dpp increase or to keep your dps increase, personally I would go for easter 2022 for the big dpp gain and then go for a ring for other hand that has reload when I have the funds

Im not an expert or even close to uber. I had Xmas 2021 and Easter 2022 and im way more happy with Easter

If you'd like I can script a suitable table of examples, to show the above statement is a biased fallacy. Every single person who's taken my advice to the T has either profited from regular hunting or worst case improved their overall TT returns.
Go for it and please post all results here for us to see. This is without even considering the % crit damage from Perf Ares and lays out the point I was trying to convey. Note this example is made with a small mob, with small regen. The difference becomes staggering in how much DPS influences *TRUE* DPP on things like Flesh Ripper, Telza's in lab, spiders, many things.

unknown.png

Go for it and please post all results here for us to see. This is without even considering the % crit damage from Perf Ares and lays out the point I was trying to convey. Note this example is made with a small mob, with small regen. The difference becomes staggering in how much DPS influences *TRUE* DPP on things like Flesh Ripper, Telza's in lab, spiders, many things.

unknown.png
I can see where you went wrong and left out a few vital components off the graph to make reload speed redundant, so good luck.

Last edited:
Kind of agree with Evey and Slyk on this one, but maybe I would look for a left hand ring before replacing the right one, perf ares is not that bad. We have two fingers (apparently), so why waste 50% of that :D

If I was after new ring setup I would prioritize:
  1. Reload speed -> cause ++DPS
  2. Crit chance + Crit damage -> cause +DPS
  3. Life steal -> cause free heals
  4. Defensive / utility stuff
Everyone has their personal preference, and that's perfectly fine.

Good luck :)

DPS increases your opportunities and ares rings are cheap as shit. Especially if you are already comfortable with your weapon, you’ll need to get as much out of it as possible.
After reload is maxed, my order is crit chance, crit damage, lifesteal (depending on your defensive play style), run speed (more important if you are melee) , then all the other shit below that.

1. Crit Chance
2. Crit Damage
3. Life Steal or
4. Heal Over Time
5. Run Speed
6. Auto Loot
7. Max Reload
I believe you must tune in for loot 2.0 dev notes :)
You are behind 5 years.

Title says it all.
I am thinking of switching to a easter 2022 instead of the ares perfected.
My main goals in hunting are to get the best possible tt-return.
I mostly hunt mobs in the 500-1000 hp range. My lvl's are way above the lvl i hunt at.
I'll be getting less kills per time spend because of the loss of the reload buff.

What are your tougths on the matter?

If it helps you make a better decision this link is a hunting log i've been keeping.
hunting return log | Virtualsense.eu

I would advise you not to think about reloading before you have everything else... if you have it as bonus from a pill , ok... but don't be under the illusion that it will increase your profit.

If you don't understand it now, it only can increasing your loss.

For the benefit of those that do not understand what impacts 2.0

it is related to 2 parameters

DPP it DOES NOT AFFECT PED AMOUNT IN THE LOOT ... it affectes composition the higher DPP the more "items" are in the loot (on average) compared to shrapnels.
Critical chance (Focus blow for oldskool) and critical damage buff and an amp affect DPP ( amps have generally speaking higher DPP than weapons)
so looking for TT Return it is useless to get critical chance or critical damage, at most those reduce ped injected into the mob and kill more mob for ped card
[EDITED: For the avoidance of doubts "Items" means Stackables and armor, weps, chips and more generally speaking "NON SHRAPNELS"]

EFF AND LOOTER Affect TT Return in some not fulluyu disclosed amount but their MAXIMUM EFFECT IS 7% each (and there is no official statement that it is linear growing despite some empirical test suggest so, personally i think thtat going toward 100 there is an asymptotic effect (similar to "slowing" the growth of skills)

So to increase your TT Return (i consider mosnter TOTAL RETURN but it is a choice)
you are to add codex reward to looter-related skills or upgrade to a higher eff weapon or both
(money wise better get a smaller high eff tool before and then use that to hunt for codex and add points to looter)

Last edited:
Well, based on official statements, the only thing that would have an impact on TT-returns is your defensive costs. As the wording in the statement is "most" of the defensive costs are returned in loot rather than "all" of the defensive costs. Generally to minimize defensive costs you want to maximize DPS.

Movement speed is an often overlooked factor to minimize defensive costs.

Defensive costs may or may not be a negligible factor in your TT-returns, but it is the only thing that has an impact at all, other than looter and efficiency (That we know from official statements)

If you instead of focus on maximizing TT-returns, decide you want to minimize cost of playing or maximize earning I would suggest you look at what you are hunting and how the loot you are after in these mobs work. Only then can you figure out if killing cheaper, or killing faster would be best.

Good Luck!

PS: In most situations I have tested killing faster beat killing cheaper, but I always suggest running your own tests.

EDIT: The question in OP is sort of : "Would my TT-returns improve if I swap some reload speed for more crit chance/DPP?"
I´d say the answer to that is no. If anything my data suggests that your TT-returns would be (perhaps negligibly) negatively impacted by the swap.

EDIT2: I have to end with a disclaimer. I am not saying any of this as a complete truth. I am just stating what I belive to be true based on the data that I have. Others may have more, or better data. But as with everything on a public forum (or anywhere for that matter) I´d suggest you treat anything you read as anecdotal.

Last edited:
I believe you must tune in for loot 2.0 dev notes :)
You are behind 5 years.
Yet, I was lightyears ahead when I started sharing my findings. Strange isn't it? Only now people are starting to catch up.

Where is Stefan 008 Bond when you need him lol?

Last edited:
Yet, I was lightyears ahead when I started sharing my findings. Strange isn't it? Only now people are starting to catch up.

Where is Stefan 008 Bond when you need him lol?
“I know so many things but won’t say any of them lololol”

man you are annoying

I suppose that was in loot 1.0.

Let's assume for a moment that you are the only player and there is only one type of mob to hunt in the game.

That is, this is a completely legitimate example, because in the development of programs, the so-called MOCK test is used, the purpose of which is to find incorrect calculations in the software.

How do you think the reload will affect a pre-set value (eg 2%) of the system that lives off that set value?

You are confusing basic concepts my friend. Fast reloading is simply shortening the time, which generally equates to more loss in less time.

Only in your cases, when you hunt sustainably, it is logical and makes sense to increase. In any other case, DPP is the element to focus on... for more MU loot.

DPP it DOES NOT AFFECT PED AMOUNT IN THE LOOT ... it affectes composition the higher DPP the more "items" are in the loot (on average) compared to shrapnels.
I think we should be careful when saying this…

DPP does not add more items to the loot. It means your cost to kill is lower, meaning you can cycle more ped and thus kill more mobs, meaning your chance to loot items is higher because there are more loot occasions with the same amount of ped cycled.

The way most people phrase it makes it sound like higher dpp returns more items in every loot occasion which is not true

Back