Entropia Universe 17.17.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
New Features

• Five new stages have been added to Halloween Mayhem Survival.
  • Redulite mission has been added to Halloween Mayhem Annihilation.

Changes

• Halloween Mayhem rewards have been tweaked to be in line with the other Mayhems.
  • Survey Probe has received a graphical update.

Entropia Universe Planet Partner release information can be found at the following URLs:

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

New buff icons indeed however it seems some maths were left unchanged. Maximum increased critical chance 5+4=10 ? Always wondered where that missing point could hide ... :unsure:

Doesn't seem like the PPs got anything new added.

WE ARE SAVED ->

• The Sabakuma creature has received a graphical update.

Ive been waiting for this update !!

So why exactly did MA see the need to change the GFX of the mining probes, dark grey on a dark grey background when in storage is not exactly great for the visually impaired.
Come to that why have any of these gfx tweaks been necessary instead of fixing broken stuff.

An appearance of activity is not the same as real progress. MA please stop fixing things that aint broken and get on with the day job.

So why exactly did MA see the need to change the GFX of the mining probes, dark grey on a dark grey background when in storage is not exactly great for the visually impaired.
Come to that why have any of these gfx tweaks been necessary instead of fixing broken stuff.

An appearance of activity is not the same as real progress. MA please stop fixing things that aint broken and get on with the day job.
You do realize that its not the same people that work with graphics as with "broken stuff"? letting the graphical artists and team continue working whilst the developers do developing and bugfixing seems to me a better idea than to fire all graphical artists and 3d modellers and what have you, every time a bug needs fixing, dont you?

Survey Probe has received a graphical update.
Omg and people say MA don't care about mining o_O
6xbv0o.jpg

You do realize that its not the same people that work with graphics as with "broken stuff"? letting the graphical artists and team continue working whilst the developers do developing and bugfixing seems to me a better idea than to fire all graphical artists and 3d modellers and what have you, every time a bug needs fixing, dont you?
Perfectly well ty, I also am aware that MA seems to have a gfx team that has far too much time on their hands. We don't need old stuff fiddled with, we need them to prep stuff ready for new content. Also when looking at freshening up old stuff, take a look at what you are doing on small screens as well as the mega ones you normally work with, will it scale down well for normal players and especially those using Laptops. Also can we please remember those with disabilities when designing things, consider the colour and brightness when applied over a normal background such as storage. Consider size of icons etc when scaled down to smaller screens, this game has an older page profile than many, and we are all getting older. We also have many with disabilities and playing games may be their main social activity. Please MA make your graphics inclusive not a barrier to player enjoyment. Modern and trendy is unnecessary, functional and interesting is good.
Also some bugs are graphical in nature, how about they work on those

New buff icons indeed however it seems some maths were left unchanged. Maximum increased critical chance 5+4=10 ? Always wondered where that missing point could hide ... :unsure:
Funny how when they were updating apparently all the buff icons, they still decided to leave Show Harvestable Wood blank.

Why do they keep shrinking everything?? Most GUIs have some kind of way to make stuff bigger. The Auto loot and Exp buff Icons are so freaking small I cant even see how much time I have left. Try blacking out the used time or something. Whoevers kid they hired to keep off the streets needs some training.
Gonna head up to CP and check out the Kreltin. I was bummed out when the Kreltin stopped being Pink. The Graphic Update on the detail was really good so it offset the color problems. Nothing more sexy than a pink Kreltin. lo I hope they didnt screw it up like the Tezelapod.

OK!! I like it! Great Job! Even though I will miss those big succulent pulsating Kreltin holes from the past.... Kudos to keeping it real!!

Last edited:
Funny how when they were updating apparently all the buff icons, they still decided to leave Show Harvestable Wood blank.
Only like 10? People have that ring? They forgot. Even though NI just made a pill for 1 hour of it…

they forgot a few this is just an initial test thing they didn’t even mention it in the notes did they? Maybe I just missed it

Perfectly well ty, I also am aware that MA seems to have a gfx team that has far too much time on their hands. We don't need old stuff fiddled with, we need them to prep stuff ready for new content. Also when looking at freshening up old stuff, take a look at what you are doing on small screens as well as the mega ones you normally work with, will it scale down well for normal players and especially those using Laptops. Also can we please remember those with disabilities when designing things, consider the colour and brightness when applied over a normal background such as storage. Consider size of icons etc when scaled down to smaller screens, this game has an older page profile than many, and we are all getting older. We also have many with disabilities and playing games may be their main social activity. Please MA make your graphics inclusive not a barrier to player enjoyment. Modern and trendy is unnecessary, functional and interesting is good.
Also some bugs are graphical in nature, how about they work on those
The new graphics updates were most likely the new stuff they created for UE5, just ported down to our version of the game. These are the same sabakuma that they showed at the UE5 LAN small presentation. This is a great idea on their part. We are beta-testing their new graphical updates at small pieces at a time, which gives them very valuable feedback. You wouldn't want UE5 launching with those new buff icon if you hate them so much.

I have been forwarding all the comments regarding the buff icon changes to the team. They have told me to thank everyone for the feedback, and that they are looking into the concerns and suggestions therein.

I have been forwarding all the comments regarding the buff icon changes to the team. They have told me to thank everyone for the feedback, and that they are looking into the concerns and suggestions therein.
What about all the comments and concerns regarding the Tier Upgrading Skill removal and the promised auto-compensation? I would love to know why you guys have been ignoring that particular issue for years...

I saw you browsing that thread several times btw, so yeah... what's going on?

What about all the comments and concerns regarding the Tier Upgrading Skill removal and the promised auto-compensation? I would love to know why you guys have been ignoring that particular issue for years...

I saw you browsing that thread several times btw, so yeah... what's going on?

Hopefully he can forward our concerns at least

Didnt this have other text before? Now its about mayhem? Im confused. When is hm?

edit : wrong section.

Didnt this have other text before? Now its about mayhem? Im confused. When is hm?
There was a Entropia Universe (platform) VU and also Planet Calypso VU. Calypso VU thread here

Back