Behold the Omegaton CraftMeister Mk. I - The future of Crafting!

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
The future of Crafting in Entropia is finally here with the all new Omegaton CraftMeister Mk. I !

index.php

Specs:

Crafting capabilities: Metal, Mechanical & Electronic Components
BP Slots available for result optimization: 3 in-line slots
Quantity/Condition slider: No, Qty only
Max TT value: 3,000 PED
Deployment requirements: 100 regular item points or 1 dedicated Stage 1 Construction Slot in a Land Plot building
One time deployment decay: 20 PED
Each BP loading cost: 5 PED/BP

This brand new Construction machine is an improvement upon the basic Construction machine available throughout Calypso, brought to you by Omegaton!

Each machine comes with 3 in-line Blueprint slots:

index.php

This first model only recognizes unlimited component blueprints however rumours abound that Omegaton is already working on prototypes for other types of Blueprints!

This first model harnesses the power of QR 100 blueprints to multiply the rate of success over time. Load up the 3 slots with 3x identical QR 100 blueprints to increase you effective rate of success!

index.php

Loading up only 1 slot would cause the machine to function in the same way as all other construction machines around Calypso, but adding a 2nd QR 100 blueprint increases the effective rate of success over time. Add a 3rd QR 100 BP to maximize the machine's capability!

With this new Omegaton CraftMeister Mk. I, the future of crafting in Entropia is exciting!

Best of luck to all colonists out there!

Last edited:
Let me buy a CLD plot before you add new content though so I can afford it.

deployment outside of land plots would be a bad idea though

I think maybe there should be an option where you can click multiple blueprints concurrently, whether they are the same or different. Choose to focus on better returns or raw throughput. I think many people who are tired spending hours and hours clicking base components would choose to do it faster.

Also it crafts 10x the cost and gives 10x the amount so it’s faster too, also 3x the click rate. So 30x the crafting speed for large craft runs

Btw I am buying a CLD plot still hit me up

I think maybe there should be an option where you can click multiple blueprints concurrently, whether they are the same or different. Choose to focus on better returns or raw throughput. I think many people who are tired spending hours and hours clicking base components would choose to do it faster.

I understand and I have wished to be able to craft faster as well, but that would concentrate opportunity to a few dedicated players and that wouldn't be good.

However I think this first machine would be a rreally good idea right away because it gives veteran crafters a path to where they can invest some money (I imagine these machines would be very expensive) to give them a bit of an edge and improve their numbers versus others that aren't dedicated to the Crafting profession and prefer to invest their money in Hunting gear.

Right now, the way the game works, you just need skills and any hunter can make his own guns using limited ArMatrix limited BPs (95% SR) and their results are pretty much the same as any other crafter.

There should be a way for real dedicated Crafters to invest and improve their numbers in a meaningfull way. The cost to make components would be a good start imo.

Makes another good reason to own land/apartment too. People can set up little manufacturing bases in their property.

I really hope things like this and other new features come to land owners. I do get sick of seeing dead apartment blocks and empty CLD plots.

Makes another good reason to own land/apartment too. People can set up little manufacturing bases in their property.

I really hope things like this and other new features come to land owners. I do get sick of seeing dead apartment blocks and empty CLD plots.

Yes and it also creates a market for QR 100 blueprints :)

This simple construction machine could improve so many areas of the economy, just like that

yep im on board, Mindark sign him up!

Add level requirement + upgrade mission for each slot (requiring a variety of mats and crafted stuff), to be able to use more slots to fill the machine and you sir, got a brilliant idea with lots of potential. Basically looter levels for crafting on it, unlocked by certain criteria and level milestones.

Add level requirement + upgrade mission for each slot (requiring a variety of mats and crafted stuff), to be able to use more slots to fill the machine and you sir, got a brilliant idea with lots of potential. Basically looter levels for crafting on it, unlocked by certain criteria and level milestones.
More slots for higher level CLD plots obviously

give plot levels and exp points a purpose

I bet most of you didn’t even know CLD plots have their own experience points and leveling system

I bet most of you didn’t even know CLD plots have their own experience points and leveling system

Through Gardening, which may need to be looked at honestly, but ok (I don't see how Gardening leads to factories, the concept is a bit flawed imo, but whatever, just give me new buildings to erect!)

Through Gardening, which may need to be looked at honestly, but ok (I don't see how Gardening leads to factories, the concept is a bit flawed imo, but whatever, just give me new buildings to erect!)
Factories are a promised feature of land plots which can level up to support larger buildings is the initial promise. Just because gardening is the only thing you can currently do on plots doesn’t mean that the plots level has anything to do with gardening, it’s currently just the only way to level it up. It is not a garden level; it is the level of the plot.
Operating a machine such as this would also give a plot experience presumably.

Last edited:
A problem will be if you need to go via a vegetable plot to a level required for the cottage industry of textiles, to the level for generating your own item points, to the level of item points on your plot for building a crafting machine capable of manufacturing basic filters a bit more efficiently, etc. etc.
Ah, yes, says MA, but it is doable if you can get your hands on factory worker fluid (aka beer), which is in super-limited token needle-in-a-haystack supply.
Imagine if all the new sign, picture frame, texture bps need to be used to specifically 'train' the machines to finally be able to work with some bp that people actually want the product from.
We didn't say it would be easy, counters MA. Who is in this for the long game?

A problem will be if you need to go via a vegetable plot to a level required for the cottage industry of textiles, to the level for generating your own item points, to the level of item points on your plot for building a crafting machine capable of manufacturing basic filters a bit more efficiently, etc. etc.
Ah, yes, says MA, but it is doable if you can get your hands on factory worker fluid (aka beer), which is in super-limited token needle-in-a-haystack supply.
Imagine if all the new sign, picture frame, texture bps need to be used to specifically 'train' the machines to finally be able to work with some bp that people actually want the product from.
We didn't say it would be easy, counters MA. Who is in this for the long game?
Plot level remains when a plot is sold, so that’s no issue; that’s like complaining about looter level, except it’s a lot harder to trade looter level.

I understand and I have wished to be able to craft faster as well, but that would concentrate opportunity to a few dedicated players and that wouldn't be good.

However I think this first machine would be a rreally good idea right away because it gives veteran crafters a path to where they can invest some money (I imagine these machines would be very expensive) to give them a bit of an edge and improve their numbers versus others that aren't dedicated to the Crafting profession and prefer to invest their money in Hunting gear.

Right now, the way the game works, you just need skills and any hunter can make his own guns using limited ArMatrix limited BPs (95% SR) and their results are pretty much the same as any other crafter.

There should be a way for real dedicated Crafters to invest and improve their numbers in a meaningfull way. The cost to make components would be a good start imo.
Like all items on the land plots... This would be a constructable item! You would need to collect scrap metal and wood and other materials to build it on your land plot!!!

I haven't got a problem with the machines themselves needing to be constructed. It's the potential mission chain MA makes us take, plus possibly not disclosing the requirements, nor the efficiency (ranges?) of the machines beforehand/ at the beginning.

Some current upgrade missions do not tell you in advance, some tell you the the current stage and the next stage, and some, such as other pp armour upgrades, tell you the full mats list, but people will still have to make decisions on likely mus in the future if they take the mission path gradually. Plot developments do not fall into the good disclosure catagory, and any info from players may be out of date as well, given that some requirements (for other pp missions) have been changed over time.

Plot level remains when a plot is sold, so that’s no issue;
I don't mean that any levels may be lost when sold, I mean the pathway anybody initially needs to take may be convoluted and draw people into unhappy partial progress. I understand that not everything is lost if you decide to sell and somebody buys, but this may not be like tiered items or pet levels. It may look like the dead end is just a lot further down the track than with land plots now... look at the functionality of stables, for example, and that didn't even involve a mission chain, just bidding risk when they were introduced.

So I was thinking about level requirements and upgrades.

This is the first one of such machines so it's really basic, nothing too fancy about it.

I think maybe we could just keep it simple for the first one such as:

First BP slot is unlocked for everyone (level 0)
Second BP slot unlocks at level 20
Third unlocks at level 40

As far as upgrade missions, maybe, eventually.

Other, better machines would be introduced as well, gradually, with more slots and maybe crafting buffs. This is just the Mk. I.

A better version could have 2 rows x 3 slots each, for tandem crafting. For example for making Durable Hood and Super Alloy Mountings, without having to change the blueprints and paying decay every time.

There are a lot of possibilities for sure 😊

Last edited:
The idea is great. But how many people would really benefit from this? Seems like just a few, and with a tool like this the gap between them and the others would grow three times faster.

Hehe love it. Cool addition!

Do you imagine this as exclusively a private thing in your own home or as a public thing in some crafting hot spots?

Can everybody get one or would you like a limited supply, like ... 10 "advanced robot assembling unit", looted from i dunno, rx units in some event? (Should prolly be mined/crafted tho?)

Hehe love it. Cool addition!

Do you imagine this as exclusively a private thing in your own home or as a public thing in some crafting hot spots?

Can everybody get one or would you like a limited supply, like ... 10 "advanced robot assembling unit", looted from i dunno, rx units in some event? (Should prolly be mined/crafted tho?)

I think this machine should be introduced via an extremely rare limited Boosted BP drop.

It shouldn't be dropped to the highest level crafters directly, so probably a level 3 BP at the highest.

The rate would be a trickle at first, maybe 1 new machine made per month at most, give people time to negotiate deals on it.

This is a privately owned machine, it's meant to benefit the owner only. Whoever owns one can make crafted components cheaper than anyone else and has an appreciable advantage over others who do not have one.

I suspect the first ones who will be clamoring for one are ArMatrix weapon shop owners/crafters, since those require a lot of expensive metal components. Next would be AP plate sellers/crafters or just pure component crafters.

Eventually, in UE5, it should possible to build a factory on a Land Plot that has assembly lines and machines like this that people can use, for a fee, but that's a little further away. I think this simple machine could/should be introduced sooner though, so crafters can invest in their profession and continue to progress.

When we talk about new ideas for crafting, i would like to have a machine that you have to assemble from regular hunting loot and you have to put it into a house or a shop in order to make it work, this machine has some own blueprints that takes say 1day up to 2 weeks to complete and during these days you have to go back to the machine and add materials to the craft in order to progress it. These blueprints should have a random generated resource need so all materials in the world would have a use. And if you say in this process get a material need that has too high of a markup you can abort the process and get your used materials back.
These new crafted items would be worth alot and crafting would become fun and intresting part of the game again.

To me, if you can buy CoS this machine looks like a game breaker.

I'm trying to wrap my head around that but crafting is already pretty different from other professions in that (professional) advancement has a sunk cost. They put something like that into hunting with looter levels but maybe this is one area where massive activity is required to have a feel for the balance. Buying QR vs. buying looter levels, I mean.

You can buy throughput, I don't care. I don't know if anyone newly approaching the crafting profession would care most would just see "gambling faster" I think. For those that want to be real crafters, productive in the economy - is thousands of USD in expense just to get on a level playing field really an inspiring "challenge"?

Ignoring some things about actual competitive events, right now you can have a "level appropriate" experience and sustain in pretty much any profession. I think that pushing CoS past what's available at a public terminal is a pretty different thing.

Just my .2 PEC 🤷‍♂️

I haven't got a problem with the machines themselves needing to be constructed. It's the potential mission chain MA makes us take, plus possibly not disclosing the requirements, nor the efficiency (ranges?) of the machines beforehand/ at the beginning.

Some current upgrade missions do not tell you in advance, some tell you the the current stage and the next stage, and some, such as other pp armour upgrades, tell you the full mats list, but people will still have to make decisions on likely mus in the future if they take the mission path gradually. Plot developments do not fall into the good disclosure catagory, and any info from players may be out of date as well, given that some requirements (for other pp missions) have been changed over time.

I don't mean that any levels may be lost when sold, I mean the pathway anybody initially needs to take may be convoluted and draw people into unhappy partial progress. I understand that not everything is lost if you decide to sell and somebody buys, but this may not be like tiered items or pet levels. It may look like the dead end is just a lot further down the track than with land plots now... look at the functionality of stables, for example, and that didn't even involve a mission chain, just bidding risk when they were introduced.
There is no single pathway, you can just buy a fully leveled plot if you so desire

To me, if you can buy CoS this machine looks like a game breaker.

I'm trying to wrap my head around that but crafting is already pretty different from other professions in that (professional) advancement has a sunk cost. They put something like that into hunting with looter levels but maybe this is one area where massive activity is required to have a feel for the balance. Buying QR vs. buying looter levels, I mean.

You can buy throughput, I don't care. I don't know if anyone newly approaching the crafting profession would care most would just see "gambling faster" I think. For those that want to be real crafters, productive in the economy - is thousands of USD in expense just to get on a level playing field really an inspiring "challenge"?

Ignoring some things about actual competitive events, right now you can have a "level appropriate" experience and sustain in pretty much any profession. I think that pushing CoS past what's available at a public terminal is a pretty different thing.

Just my .2 PEC 🤷‍♂️

That's good feedback, thanks Atrax. I'll note at the same time that you aren't here for the RCE.

Putting that aside for a moment, you do get that I'm trying to solve the issue that right now, crafters have no way of investing into their chosen path and putting distance between themselves and a hunter or miner that's just dabbling in crafting?

Hunters clearly can do that, with all the Loot 2.0 weapons now available, they have a significant leg up on anyone approaching hunting as primarily a recreational activity. I don't think it's fair as a crafter that any hunter can jump into my profession, crafting, and have the same results as me, but I can't do the same and jump into hunting and immediately, without significant investment, have the same results as any other hunter. This is the issue being addressed here.

The fact that lower level players are being "excluded" is a seperate issue I think. There needs to be more content for all levels, in all professions. For example, in hunting, we have Cyclops Depths which is fun for someone around 40-70, and then RDI secret lab for players 80-140. The same kind of thing should exist in mining and crafting and the fact it doesn't, doesn't preclude the first issue described above.

Back