Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Tale - Hunting with Longtime

gz!!! I think I need to put on my tin foil hat and start complaining myself... 9.5K kills and 65K ped ammo cycle on a 1.6K HP mob for 93.39% tt return, nothing over 475p
You and a lot of other whiners in here do not understand the law of big numbers. When you do, you will understand that 93% tt return without a big multiplier is a good return. MA tweaked the numbers last year - from ~1000x multi cap to ~2000x. It doesn't take a genious to see that you now have to kill 2x the amount of mobs in order to hit that 2000x and pull your average tt return up (which, for 50 looter + 80 efficiency is somewhere in the 95-96% ballpark, maybe even better). And you had to kill 100k mobs for a 1000x multi back then, so now you'll have to kill 200k for the 2000x. This is basic knowledge for a mid- and high-end player (or should be - but apparently lacking in large parts of the player base - a fact MA revels when they laugh all the way to the bank).

You and a lot of other whiners in here do not understand the law of big numbers. When you do, you will understand that 93% tt return without a big multiplier is a good return. MA tweaked the numbers last year - from ~1000x multi cap to ~2000x. It doesn't take a genious to see that you now have to kill 2x the amount of mobs in order to hit that 2000x and pull your average tt return up (which, for 50 looter + 80 efficiency is somewhere in the 95-96% ballpark, maybe even better). And you had to kill 100k mobs for a 1000x multi back then, so now you'll have to kill 200k for the 2000x. This is basic knowledge for a mid- and high-end player (or should be - but apparently lacking in large parts of the player base - a fact MA revels when they laugh all the way to the bank).

On what value calculate this multiplication of 2000?
To be clear...
I hunt for a mob of 100 HP, which gives me a global of 10 ped and less than 100 ped.
But the cost of a kill is 30 pecks, and the value of my shot is 0.013.

That is, whatever I divide it by 1000 or 2000, there is no match that fits... so share how exactly you defined it as a multiplication of 2000... please.

I'm sorry, but I'm a very low level noob and I'd like to know the answer, because 93% based on the bones that recommended me to hunt around Icarus... it seems that even Messi's dog, do not want those bones. That's why I would appreciate your help to know how to calculate my Globals!

I cycled 579 658,92peds with total loss of over 36k peds, so assuming I was killing 5p mob, according to yours calculation I should cycle another 500k peds, double my loss up to 72k peds to get x2000 multi(10k+ hof)? Great game, really xd

Only thing that matters is your totals after markup. TT doesn't matter.

If you are unable to beat the TT, then change your strategy. If you are unable, then you're in trouble.

I cycled 579 658,92peds with total loss of over 36k peds, so assuming I was killing 5p mob, according to yours calculation I should cycle another 500k peds, double my loss up to 72k peds to get x2000 multi(10k+ hof)? Great game, really xd
Basically, yes. It's how the game is set up. By moving the multiplier from 1000x to 2000x max, MA created a better environment for the really big rollers who knows bank roll management and the game in and out (i.e. if one can run 30M+ ped through the gun in a year, and hunt the mobs with best MU, one is almost guaranteed some rare items and a few uber hofs), and a losing environment for most mid-level players (in terms of skills you are uber, but turnover needs to be insane to be able to end on average return.). You'll need to cover those 72k through MU or accept some loss in return of what EU offers you: extreme excitement, nail-biting, thrilling moments, over-the-top flawless gaming experience and intense joy ;)

On what value calculate this multiplication of 2000?
To be clear...
I hunt for a mob of 100 HP, which gives me a global of 10 ped and less than 100 ped.
But the cost of a kill is 30 pecks, and the value of my shot is 0.013.

That is, whatever I divide it by 1000 or 2000, there is no match that fits... so share how exactly you defined it as a multiplication of 2000... please.

I'm sorry, but I'm a very low level noob and I'd like to know the answer, because 93% based on the bones that recommended me to hunt around Icarus... it seems that even Messi's dog, do not want those bones. That's why I would appreciate your help to know how to calculate my Globals!
Whenever you loot a mob, you get some multiplier x the cost of the kill. So, if you pay 30 pec for one kill, you will most of the time get 0.2x-1x return, or 6-30 pec. Once in a while you get multipliers larger than 1, meaning you get more back than what you paid for that kill. Currently it is possible to get a 2000xmultiplier (roughly). In your case, that means 30 pec x 2000 = 600 ped HOF. However, the chance this will happen is so slim that you will probably have to kill 200k mobs before it happens (in theory it could happen on your first kill, but on average it won't).

There once was a man in Entropia
Whose HOF was quite small, you'll see
He tried and he tried
But no matter how he tried
He just couldn't seem to break free

His mining was slow and his hunting was lame
His crafting was poor, it's a shame
He just couldn't seem to get ahead
No matter how much he bled
His HOF remained small, it's a shame

2022 in Review:

Thought I would post it for those who would be interested:

Cycle: 3,811,221.161p
Return: 3,695,041.95p
TT%: 96.95% for the year

With looter over 100.

With MU, it is profit.

Make of it what you will. :popcorn:

2022 in Review:

With looter over 100.

With MU, it is profit.

By my calculation, according to MAs own statements, they owe you 1,905 PED for that missing 0.05% lol

But seriously, you are basically at 97%, the promised results. I'd have no complaints. The rest is luck (how much markup value in your loot). Although, loot 2.0 weapons are supposed to increase that, so maybe, it's not all luck, just partly so.

Last edited:
2022 in Review:

With looter over 100.

With MU, it is profit.

nvm, horrible amount of tax from MA

2022 in Review:

With looter over 100.

With MU, it is profit.

Quite interesting stats, thanks for posting. Congratulations you found the 116k in MU during the year.

So you're turning on average, roughly 10441 ped a day, quite a feat. I think Evry mentioned in his post he passed 10 million turnover this year, so if the same % he needed to find 300k ped MU during 2022 (well any of those top end folks to be fair).

I did a little depo this Christmas, for some FFA fun. Although I really wanted to give taming (devils and dragons) one more chance. To try and prove if efficiency is an illusion.

I can tame at least 60% mobs under 75% HP, and at least 30% say at 50% of mob HP. Very few are failed tames, those are 100% hp kills. Therefore I'm looting a majority of mobs well under the full HP for a kill.... you can't get more efficient than that. It's like having a 2 shooter helper not claiming loot.

It's the only profession where it's possible to loot under the full HP of a mob. It should be easy to win on tt with an adjusted bolga whip.

If the system only measures TT in, then both over-kill or under-kill is irrelevant. Ma can't have it both ways.

A taming setup is around 65% efficiency, if the system says I need to take a 35% loss, it's simply not worth it.

Which maybe only leaves mining as the achievable profession, without top end gear. If you can find mostly 20% MU. Better than any hunting.

I'm in 2 minds if to throw another few £100 at it in early 2023 to test again, if skill on taming will cross the winning line.

I'm just in deep thought how you found that 116k MU. But you did it, so can carry on I guess, if enjoying it.

All the best for 2023.

Rick.

I can tame at least 60% mobs under 75% HP, and at least 30% say at 50% of mob HP. Very few are failed tames, those are 100% hp kills. Therefore I'm looting a majority of mobs well under the full HP for a kill.... you can't get more efficient than that. It's like having a 2 shooter helper not claiming loot.

It's the only profession where it's possible to loot under the full HP of a mob. It should be easy to win on tt with an adjusted bolga whip.

If the system only measures TT in, then both over-kill or under-kill is irrelevant. Ma can't have it both ways.

A taming setup is around 65% efficiency, if the system says I need to take a 35% loss, it's simply not worth it.

L00t return on tamed Chirins is according to PEDs spent. Will be lower in comparison to a normal kill, will be higher when tames are refused and you have a second, third, fourth go at it (incurring additional cost). No l00pholes there. :dunno:

L00t return on tamed Chirins is according to PEDs spent. Will be lower in comparison to a normal kill, will be higher when tames are refused and you have a second, third, fourth go at it (incurring additional cost). No l00pholes there. :dunno:

I hear you. So why bother if MA doesn't provide a more efficient whip. I've often wondered why chirins or devils don't have codex rewards. Why though... do they consider it already skill efficient... what's going on in MA's heads?

To be fair the adj bolga is better than many weapons on the market for efficiency, based on weapon cost. Think around 600 ped now for 65% efficiency whip (roughly). Find a gun under 20k- 50k for that rating. Those whips were under 300 ped last year in auction.... nuts really.

I'm struggling to see the value in better gear, if these guys have the best of the best loot 2.0 weapons, and their returns are somewhat capped. Is the fun reduced using loot 2.0 weapons... is it just a grind fest, with flat returns?

No one really wants to openly talk about it. If they need to find 300k to break even, does that mean they're making 600k then a year? That's without constantly updating gear to stay on-top.

Are they winning and by how much? Genuine questions right? Even if they are seriously winning huge amounts, is the rest of the "small community" really supporting everyone with a loot 2.0 weapon? I can't be the only one wondering with such questions.

Oh well.... carry-on 😁 longtime appears to be hanging in there.

Why don't you engage with the debate Messi. Rather than simply add your usual "red" stamp to any comment I write?

Probably be useful if you did. What was your Turnover during 2022? Did you recover it all MU?

Rick. Logical question, Who in their right mind wpuld spend upwords of half a mill PED, have a bankroll on another 100k. Just to loose 25k+ a month?
Although loot 2.0 weapons have their ups and downs like any other weapon in the market, like many other threads and replies most of it comes down to bankroll management. Being able to sell stuff at the right time for the right price.
And your returns in taming, like any other activity ingame is tied to your ped spent. You wont have the TT profit just beacuase you spend less per mob, thats loot 1.0 thinking at best.
Use that high 65% effi whip of your to gain markup to fight the TT loss, thats the only way to do it. Good luck cheeting the system:)

By my calculation, according to MAs own statements, they owe you 1,905 PED for that 0.05% lol

But seriously, you are basically at 97%, the promised results. I'd have no complaints. The rest is luck (how much markup value in your loot). Although, loot 2.0 weapons are supposed to increase that, so maybe, it's not all luck, just partly so.
No evidence 97% is the "promised results". Speculative.

Getting that amount of MU wasn't difficult. The means to do so is the only thing that is keeping Entropia afloat right now.

No evidence 97% is the "promised results". Speculative.

Getting that amount of MU wasn't difficult. The means to do so is the only thing that is keeping Entropia afloat right now.

People just see that number and assume/anticipate that's what to expect for them individually. It was just an average for all the combined hunters, from a few years ago. What people forget or overlook is that it's a bell curve, you're going to have people with higher returns, lower returns and somewhere in middle.

I
People just see that number and assume/anticipate that's what to expect for them individually. It was just an average for all the combined hunters, from a few years ago. What people forget or overlook is that it's a bell curve, you're going to have people with higher returns, lower returns and somewhere in middle.
Thought ma said the cumulative avg of all players avg returns is about 95% so some are probably losing much more than that yeah?

Actually, in your case, they're only taking an extra 0.69% 🤣

There once was a player in Entropia,
Who dreamed of wealth and great euphoria,
But waves he couldn't tame,
As others learned to exploit the game,
And MindArk's response was just a bore-ia.

He tried to compete with all his might,
But others had a huge advantage in sight,
They knew how to manipulate,
The waves for their own benefit,
Leaving him far behind in spite.

He pleaded with MindArk to intervene,
But they just ignored his desperate plea,
Their apathy was a shame,
As he was stuck playing the game,
And his dreams of wealth were hard to foresee.

He found that the only way to win,
Was to cycle boxes and ride the loot wave in,
But the bad coding was a curse,
It led to his financial reverse,
And in ruin he was sure to spin.

Cartels hoarding Pyrite,
Ubers with a token farming harem,
Well-known players kill stealing mobs,
Leading others astray with false sales,
Entropia was nothing but brokenness.

He quit in frustration, it was clear,
Entropia just wasn't for him, my dear,
He'll go and find another game,
Where players play fair, without any aim,
To exploit and leave others in fear.

I think you've had too much 3arak :laugh: because this poem is well written, you put some work into it to make it rhyme.

Spread me apart,
Lick me with your tongue,
Grab my sides,
Eat my cream,
and that's how you eat an Oreo cookie!

January 2023
Final +/- -4191.97 (95.54% TT)

Imagine what I can do with my black privilege from my shadow armor and +1% loot buff from the Longtime's Mankini.

December 2022
Final: +36,402.40 (96.74%)

Changed weapon. Once an ecowhore always an ecowhore.

For those that were interested in last 60 days:

My time with LP-120
-11,752.00 (93.203% TT)

My time with FoeRipper Augmented
-6,481.65 (93.377% TT)

My time with ArMatrix BP (L)
-7,147.14 (95.353% TT)

I added the others there just because I am not convinced this was a weapon issue. My looter is over 100 so....

*laughs in Mindark banker*

Last edited:
Changed weapon. Once an ecowhore always an ecowhore.

For those that were interested in last 60 days:

My time with LP-120
-11,752.00 (93.203% TT)

My time with FoeRipper Augmented
-6,481.65 (93.377% TT)

My time with ArMatrix BP (L)
-7,147.14 (95.353% TT)

I added the others there just because I am not convinced this was a weapon issue. My looter is over 100 so....

*laughs in Mindark banker*
I'm convinced that it is in fact a weapon issue. You are confusing the loot pool system with too many different weapons in short time. Try using the same weapon for at least 6 months and post results after. ;)

Back