Suggestion: Future of events in Entropia

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
The game changed a lot during the last years and thankfully it shifted from the wave camping and chipping out frenzy of events to full scale grinding and I think that was a great change for the game.

What I wish to see next, rather than a new line of TWEN weapons would be an array of * stuff we didn't think we need but we badly want them *

That would be ideal but with a small team on balancing the game is not easy to achieve, but it's time other professions and areas of the game get some focus.

It's been really nice seeing a lot of miners and crafters switch to hunting for Mayhems yet there are still people that would prefer doing their main profession and still feel like part of the event and get something that feels like an event also...
There are quite a few miners out there and I think it's time a few more mining tools would be in order in the game, even some unlimited amps, like 1 per level? Be it TWEN or Mayhem.... it would make even hunters strive to earn one and with some many miners these days it wouldn't be disruptive to the mining amps crafting industry, on the contrary, it may release a bit the pressure on metal residue.

Skills for crafters are are very valuable and skill buffs will be in high demand. Also new BPs obtainable from Mayhem vendor would be really nice. UL BPs for some L gear I think everyone would like those.

A really great idea was implemented a couple of years ago during an Easter Mayhem with introduction of schematics. Some Mayhem Schematics for various types of equipment would be great. Schematics are being used in events in other games and they are highly desirables, schematics for components and attachments for current units, weapons, armors.

Stuff for space - to make people want to go and hunt the boss waves more often, more UL ships, maybe even warp capable 1 person shuttles.

Imagine having available in vendor some stuff like:
- BPs for same items but that could use shrapnel instead - just look how much shrapnel is being TTd.
- BPs that can make multiple components at once, imagine being able to craft 20/50 units of enhancers at ones...
- Mining amps, L4, L5, L7 - each being 100-130, 170 Mtokens and 4,5 and 7 Rare tokens.
- More refinders. Crafters and hunters could also use some of those.
- Mining UL finders
- Game MOBILITY! UL Quads 50k MTokens one rare, warp capable, help the community with mobility in the game to make it easier to join more events, more dailies... across the universe.... also better planet mobility would be nice..
- There's still a big gap in hunting in buffs, crtical damage, there could be a Mayhem extender adjusted up to modified, 5% deterioration absorbing (to not disrupt the crafting for 10 & 20 AmMatrix extenders) but with 10, 20, 30 crit dmg instead and some LS maybe. Extenders can fit all weapons, unlike sights and Scopes
- Mayhem plates? Mayhem upgrades for Mayhem armor? :D
- Schematics to get upgrade to further improve items with permanent buffs
- Mayhem restoration chips that would work just like the L ones, no big heals to not disrupt too much the current adj, imp, mod resto chips...
- UL various tools, RK repair tools, portable UL TT, repair
- buff pills, at a more decent price like tradable skill pills, maybe atribute pills.
- L equipment, of much higher level and much wider range, maybe all weapons that are not craftable via ArMatrix? Like L clubs, claws, mindforce.
- Mindforce UL revive chips, wormhole chips, Mindforce chips that can apply on self offensive / defensive buffs
- Faps that heal % of avatar HP, if we have debuffs and new mechanics that damage % of avatar health, we should also have ways to counter this, without having to chip out.

Every player can come up with all sorts of crazy ideas for what the Mayhem vendors could offer in the future to keep us grinding, one thing is for sure, curent Meta needs a change, many people will want to use their tokens on something and to make us grind further, we need to want more stuff from the vendor, under the current droprate of tokens we definitely need a much bigger array of items and items of higher value and cost also.
I wanna browse that vendor like I browse a supermarket brochure or a huge restaurant menu and plan how to buy everything there for my next meals :D

Cmmon MA, give us the good stuff in vendor :D

Last edited:
This kind of event have been always focused to hunters and Caly, your ideas are great... an event that have the three proffesions included and in any of the planet will be awesome and the best event :)

- maybe finish out other weapon trees that are underdeveloped? end game rifles (outside of BC120, BC80 is the next step down for 2.0 guns), short blades, more mind-force trees other than electric. Clubs that use Ammo? Maybe an uber whip.
- UL Laser / BLP mayhem amps
- New Rocket Launchers
- a new jewelry slot (necklace) where you can get even more buffs!

completely agree with mayhem armor plating and UL single-seat warp ships in vendor too.

hehe, I'm sure this would be ideal for all players that have recently maxed out their FEN weapons finally and don't want to have to unload another 300k+ on getting and tiering whatever the "next" top level weapon is.

But in all seriousness I like the idea of having more variety. Clearly very little consideration was given to how low level fits in to Mayhem, which is why the cost seems crazy skewed for not-so-great mayhem weapons that do like 7dps but still require rare tokens.

I actually think Mayhem would be better if they had tiered tokens for their bottleneck item rather than just a single "rare". Having Copper, Silver, Gold and Platinums with the ability to refine tokens into others (IE 10 copper = 1 silver, 10 silver = 1 gold...etc) to allow a varied drop rate and could have a more balanced prizes especially on the lower end. Having to give up a rare for some of the items in there right now is a bit insane. In addition it would help alleviate the issues where some big time grinders are unable to get rare tokens due to the RNG gods refusing to oblige. Grinders would at least be more likely to be able to grind up to the token they want with less of the completely helpless feeling of "I cycled 4 million peds and I didn't get a single rare token - oh well". Platinums would still drop but at least you'd be more likely to have some recourse as you loot lesser tokens.

UL warp drive 1 for mothership/privateer
UL shield module for mothership/privateer
UL sub warp drive 3/4/5 for mothership/privateer
mk3 crit scope / mk3 crit sights
upgrade tokens to improve the quality of an existing weapon adjusted/improved/modified/augmented/perfected
highlvl weapons (lvl200-600+) for all hunting professions to have something on the vendor to skill for and which isnt maxed in a years time and takes into account the new speed of the game

i'll add to this my request for my diverse weapons...

e.g. 95% efficiency but 2.3 dpp or 35% efficiency but 4.5 dpp and 150 base dps

finishing weapon gaps matters too... we need more shortblades and clubs that use UA, we need endgame 300+ dps capable MF chips, and we need rifles in the dps class of bc120/mod nano

I want MindArk to develop a system or mission to increase the TT on stuff; some of the UL weapons out there don't even last an hour, not just melee, some guns also, and even at tier 0. It's ridiculous.

Give us a way to increase the TT so we can spend some money on our gear to make it even better than it is.

i'll add to this my request for my diverse weapons...

e.g. 95% efficiency but 2.3 dpp or 35% efficiency but 4.5 dpp and 150 base dps

finishing weapon gaps matters too... we need more shortblades and clubs that use UA, we need endgame 300+ dps capable MF chips, and we need rifles in the dps class of bc120/mod nano
Don't forget we are badly in need of some new taggers, for various levels of hunter

The game changed a lot during the last years and thankfully it shifted from the wave camping and chipping out frenzy of events to full scale grinding and I think that was a great change for the game.

What I wish to see next, rather than a new line of TWEN weapons would be an array of * stuff we didn't think we need but we badly want them *

That would be ideal but with a small team on balancing the game is not easy to achieve, but it's time other professions and areas of the game get some focus.

It's been really nice seeing a lot of miners and crafters switch to hunting for Mayhems yet there are still people that would prefer doing their main profession and still feel like part of the event and get something that feels like an event also...
There are quite a few miners out there and I think it's time a few more mining tools would be in order in the game, even some unlimited amps, like 1 per level? Be it TWEN or Mayhem.... it would make even hunters strive to earn one and with some many miners these days it wouldn't be disruptive to the mining amps crafting industry, on the contrary, it may release a bit the pressure on metal residue.

Skills for crafters are are very valuable and skill buffs will be in high demand. Also new BPs obtainable from Mayhem vendor would be really nice. UL BPs for some L gear I think everyone would like those.

A really great idea was implemented a couple of years ago during an Easter Mayhem with introduction of schematics. Some Mayhem Schematics for various types of equipment would be great. Schematics are being used in events in other games and they are highly desirables, schematics for components and attachments for current units, weapons, armors.

Stuff for space - to make people want to go and hunt the boss waves more often, more UL ships, maybe even warp capable 1 person shuttles.

Imagine having available in vendor some stuff like:
- BPs for same items but that could use shrapnel instead - just look how much shrapnel is being TTd.
- BPs that can make multiple components at once, imagine being able to craft 20/50 units of enhancers at ones...
- Mining amps, L4, L5, L7 - each being 100-130, 170 Mtokens and 4,5 and 7 Rare tokens.
- More refinders. Crafters and hunters could also use some of those.
- Mining UL finders
- Game MOBILITY! UL Quads 50k MTokens one rare, warp capable, help the community with mobility in the game to make it easier to join more events, more dailies... across the universe.... also better planet mobility would be nice..
- There's still a big gap in hunting in buffs, crtical damage, there could be a Mayhem extender adjusted up to modified, 5% deterioration absorbing (to not disrupt the crafting for 10 & 20 AmMatrix extenders) but with 10, 20, 30 crit dmg instead and some LS maybe. Extenders can fit all weapons, unlike sights and Scopes
- Mayhem plates? Mayhem upgrades for Mayhem armor? :D
- Schematics to get upgrade to further improve items with permanent buffs
- Mayhem restoration chips that would work just like the L ones, no big heals to not disrupt too much the current adj, imp, mod resto chips...
- UL various tools, RK repair tools, portable UL TT, repair
- buff pills, at a more decent price like tradable skill pills, maybe atribute pills.
- L equipment, of much higher level and much wider range, maybe all weapons that are not craftable via ArMatrix? Like L clubs, claws, mindforce.
- Mindforce UL revive chips, wormhole chips, Mindforce chips that can apply on self offensive / defensive buffs

Every player can come up with all sorts of crazy ideas for what the Mayhem vendors could offer in the future to keep us grinding, one thing is for sure, curent Meta needs a change, many people will want to use their tokens on something and to make us grind further, we need to want more stuff from the vendor, under the current droprate of tokens we definitely need a much bigger array of items and items of higher value and cost also.
I wanna browse that vendor like I browse a supermarket brochure or a huge restaurant menu and plan how to buy everything there for my next meals :D

Cmmon MA, give us the good stuff in vendor :D
Its been a while since I've seen some good ideas on PCF and these are golden!. C'mon MA implement some of them....Show us Miners/Crafters some love too;)

Adding more UL mining stuff before making skills mather would be bad idea. Second thing which I wouldnt like to see is that I have to grind mayhems on hunting so I can get mining item. In my oppinion there should be some kind of mining mayhem where you could loot mining tokens trough mining and change it for item. At very end a lot of mining could even more affect on bad MU on resources so it should be connected with some kind of crafting event. Maybe I am wrong but thats my view of thing. For other proposals I do agree.

I love OP's ideas, I hope they are considered..

Knock..knock MA.

:clap:

Given the vast amount of mayhem tokens generated through the events I am a bit worried how MA will drain these away in a steady flow. I guess MA do not want everyone to play with 78% eff+ high dps weapons so they will be cautious in restocking vendor but at same time there is a risk of frustration from players that have saved tokens for so many events in order to pick something if nothing decent enough is available.

Here are some new (I didn't see anyone else suggest them) ideas for new items that could cost mayhem tokens and give extra options for people to use their tokens on:
* A new accessory (e.g necklace, earring) that changes colour on global/hof-cloud
* (L) and UL extender that switches skill gains on your weapon. You have a great powerfist but want shortblade skills? Equip this extender and skill gains would be as if you used a shortblade instead (but maybe at a somewhat decreased rate and the extender would take some decay)
* Exclusive new poses/dances/emojis etc available in the token trader with a set amount (e.g 10/50/100) of people that can buy it in total

or less unlim stuff for improve the economy of everyone? maybe spetial one like ELM L weapon but with high tt. in my sense, economy need more use of material instead mono token grinding for buying stuff to MA instead player. the efficient stat make a nice balance, there is just too many unlim.

Something needs to change, that's for sure. The amount of tokens a heavy grinder like you can make in mayhem is insane. The gap is pretty big between the casual grinder and a hardcore grinder like you.

How should MA even balance around that? When people can pull over 80k+ (some over 100k) tokens in a single mayhem?!?

A new chase item would be good. This could burn up a lot of the tokens people are hoarding atm. On top of that i'd love to see some new items!

Maybe limit the mayhems to once a year instead? :p This can't go on forever in it's current state.

Something needs to change, that's for sure. The amount of tokens a heavy grinder like you can make in mayhem is insane. The gap is pretty big between the casual grinder and a hardcore grinder like you.

How should MA even balance around that? When people can pull over 80k+ (some over 100k) tokens in a single mayhem?!?

A new chase item would be good. This could burn up a lot of the tokens people are hoarding atm. On top of that i'd love to see some new items!

Maybe limit the mayhems to once a year instead? :p This can't go on forever in it's current state.
Or just give incentive for people to consume their tokens right away. We all were casual in the beginning before going more hardcore. And those who played/play hardcore were incentivised to follow that route. The game needs to get more players at high level, which they did, over 20 high level items were pulled from vendor this MM alone, over 20 people decided to commit to big league, how can limiting the incentive be a solution? Limiting to one event a year will be contrary to what MA and players worked for in the past years.
People complained about meaningless events as filler events and MA listened and they gave the players mini mayhems with more tokens

Items pulled from vendor this MM:

3 BP110
5 DOE Foe Augm
3 LP 120
Bp 70
3 Perf electric
nano blade
5 BP-130

Upgrade path for Ravenger V1, Adjusted (perhaps Modified) that fixes the can't attach anything issue. I'm happy to pay for a fix to a relatively cheap gun. Yes it becomes more valuable then so the upgrade cost should be comparable.

We need an augmented nano blade so evey can start his tiering journey over again
It would be really nice to be able to have means to further upgrade your favourite weapon instead of constantly changing it, having to sell, start tier all over etc... And these upgrades can cost tokens and resources alike.

The ul items we have impact our economy more then most people think, like where do you get All those ingredients from ? You need hunting,crafting and mining in order to upgrade your item

I am shure mindarks balancing Team does a very good work dont forget soon this game turns 20 years and does got a more stable Economy then the World economy

maybe put some items without ( or 1 ) rare or so, but they are not tradeable. so there's no insentive for people to buy more then 1. So people that cant buy the high demand items have something to aim for.

Doesnt need to be high eff or 400+ dps just stuff people can be happy about to have grinded themselves :).

even those hundreds of apartments that are empty everywhere could be something they could put in. i'm sure people would be happy to grind for a place that they can call home.

and why not more "real" event where you don t sit in an instance to grind for token.

Some global event where you can randomly drop stuff or some mission or more specific mob, some mining event... personally i hate mayhem staying in an instance only to grind. I understand it s great for uber you have plenty spare token to use so you can buy every nice item that will pop in the vendor, mob have an high hp pool you don t really have to move, it's an easy ways to cycle your ped with juicy reward at the end but for average players MM is boring...

It's been so many year we didn t got any event... it's always the same X MM per year 1 migration and thats all, in the past we had pvp event, search and find, even video making contest... when was the last time you could joke with a MA employee during a event...

if theyre gonna make it like fen they should have crafting /mining/hunting tokens
So that each profession has its own category to redeem and also rewards those in the specific profession or some kind of system that allows miners and crafters to enter as well

They have to do something soon or at every restock/change of the vendor it’ll all instantly sell out.

Mining gear 100% they should have some form of mining mayhem. X amount of lyst found gives xx tokens.

Then sort out crafting so the above doesn’t crash the MU

I think that they gotta make sure the the player base is increasing before introducing a significant amount of new UL items, otherwise it would diminish the value of loot itself to the point where new and midlevel players have no hope at looting anything anymore. Now if there's a surge in new players then yeah, new UL items would definitely be needed.

Considering how much there is to do on a daily basis throughout the universe I definitely agree with there being an opening for utility space vehicles/universal travel-related items.

Considering how balance indicates that they want more hunters to participate in mining and crafting - how could you not agree with mining items and crafting blueprints?

What does concern me though... I have been waiting to see how TWEN is implemented to buy (or loot :D) a top-tier weapon (yes I mean buy - not trade an assortment of random crap at relative value). After seeing the culmination of 1 year of mayhem and the tradable UL items pulled from the vendor - depending on the TWEN weapon pricing (if they even exist) - I have concerns.

It seems like at the current rate we are on path to where people are going to be selling mayhem tokens at a rate of hoping to break even, or hold out to hopefully be token ready for the next release of an item on scale of the mod nano... Based on the amount of people that I could've bought Aug DOA or BP-130, or could currently buy an LP-120 from (won't post prices to hopefully deter thread derailing).. it is concerning.

I dunno. The inclusion of more item types on the mayhem vendor makes sense but personally I'd rather see something like a level 4 mining amp for 40k tokens and 1 rare be avatar-bound rather than 70k+3rares and tradable. Maybe put just a couple on the vendor at a higher price that could be traded. It just seems really risky to inject a bunch of tradable utility items that have so much economic impact. If the people that want to use them are willing to work for them and pull them then that class of item seems okay to have on the vendor ... they factually would be disproportionately introduced to the economy if big weapons were able to pull them at the same rate that weapons are currently extracted, however.

Just my .02, and for reference I have around 80k tokens and some rares that I would spend on mining/convenience items even if they were avatar bound ... but unlike many that hate avatar-bound items I play entropia as a gamer rather than someone looking to withdraw ped if I were to quit.

P.S. consider that the demand for quality weapons would increase if there were avatar-bound items that were exclusive to playing the game rather than just being purchasable from "professional token farmers".

vendor wishlist:

- better faps then hedoc series
- ul mayhem amps
- necklace for 3rd ring (can only carry different ring then LH or RH)
- buffed coats
- some new armor

and also
- time-stacking for tokens like candy canes (= eat multiple at once)
- enhancer slots max 1000 instead of 100 enh.

Last edited:
Back