Caly Hunting Tips

LuckyProd

Old
Anyone able to recommend good mobs to hunt in the 10-25 dps range on caly that has decent MU or decent rare items?
I have okay armor and plates but would prefer to use some Pixie armor or similar.

Any recommendations welcome, even willing to travel to other planets for easy codex hunts for lower ped cycle/hr.

fly to rocktropia and kill vixens. super low hp mob decent mu. no codex tho
I've heard this but honestly not sure how I felt about it yet. I'd prefer a codex mob if possible so I have an end goal for farming with a low level mf chip.

any other planet has more/better low dps MU opportunities, caly is very oversaturated in low dps hunters
IMO best low dps planet is cyrene or toulan

Cyrene's got some great mobs and missions for your range. Uber n00b 15k kill mission, 100 HP mobs with some MU. Or XL bots 30 hp, arret 20 hp (good skillers), paneleon weak 80 HP. Codex = YES for all. There's also dailies for many mobs on Cyrene (for skill gain, cyrene tokens and what not).

just get yourself buffy and use webshop items that have tt value higher than top tt value since MA nerfed things a while ago, and then just hunt puny the rest of forever. You won't get markup or rare stuff (unless you count bones that you can sell), but you'll at least get back a ton of shrapnel so you can eventually withdrawal and be done...

and in theory if you are more buffy than the avatar next to you hunting the same crap you'll get better loot than them... vixens, and other non-Calypso stuff sounds interesting until you realize you don't have buyers over there and will need to ship all that junk back to Calypso going right in the middle of lootable space to sell it... and even then, just because market history shows decent markup does not mean anyone will bid if you put it on auction.

Pleak wings may be ok on markup, assuming you can stand the horrible design of that area since it's so bland and blah, and you are constantly tripping over the darn folding chairs.

If you have infinite amounts of time Monura on Ark Moon are semi-ok so long as you do the daily waypoint running to get a couple of peds ammo to make it worthwhile... but that run around waypoint thing will cost you about 20 minutes or so daily unless you burn some ped on oil and use a vehicle.... even then it'll still take a while.

Last edited:
Go to Next Island and do Female Screechers for a while. Purpurite, Blazar and Tier 1 can get you some MU. If you get bored do some other things there.

Cyrene you have some nice mobs but the comps are about the mission chains there so it will sell but slower. But if you ever plan to accumulate toward the imperium armour sets then you need to start collecting badges. So may as well.

If you want to stay on Caly I think Maffoid is best. Although saturated with hunters Kerberos is another.

Also everything has MU you just need to learn the RCE aspects of the game. Even at 100.10 someone usually needs common materials. Do p2p trades for the small MU. Be smart. Don't pay silly MU and get as much as you can for yours. These are the things you control.

just get yourself buffy and use webshop items that have tt value higher than top tt value since MA nerfed things a while ago, and then just hunt puny the rest of forever. You won't get markup or rare stuff (unless you count bones that you can sell), but you'll at least get back a ton of shrapnel so you can eventually withdrawal and be done...

and in theory if you are more buffy than the avatar next to you hunting the same crap you'll get better loot than them... vixens, and other non-Calypso stuff sounds interesting until you realize you don't have buyers over there and will need to ship all that junk back to Calypso going right in the middle of lootable space to sell it... and even then, just because market history shows decent markup does not mean anyone will bid if you put it on auction.

Pleak wings may be ok on markup, assuming you can stand the horrible design of that area since it's so bland and blah, and you are constantly tripping over the darn folding chairs.

If you have infinite amounts of time Monura on Ark Moon are semi-ok so long as you do the daily waypoint running to get a couple of peds ammo to make it worthwhile... but that run around waypoint thing will cost you about 20 minutes or so daily unless you burn some ped on oil and use a vehicle.... even then it'll still take a while.
I'm sorry but you can sell most of puny vixen loot on RT. Even gears. There are orders for them quite offten. Also many items are sold in chat, included some vixen parts. RT is a lot about P2P trades. Yes you will get few more % for gears on Caly, but difference is not that huge. And with small bankroll it's offten not worth to pay warp fee or smuggling your loot to calypso.
Yes market is slower on RT, but you have to be patient with it and it can be good.

Also vixens are not the only puny mobs with MU on RT.

But yes, Cyrene and NI are also good places for low level hunting.
Also Toulan should be ok, can't tell, I'm not much familiar with it.
My advice is leave Calypso and you should do better 😉

Last edited:
Back