Is your item "stuck" and not ticking at all?

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
We have a chip that's stuck for a long time at 8.64 (more than a month). We tried the "pass it around - it will tick" strategy and it didn't work either.
Zbanghiu's LP100 is at 9.97 since Mayhem. Before Mayhem he had 4 months without a tick. Zbang's LP is 117 TIR IIRC, our chip 76.
I also heard similar stories for high tier weapons where they're all stuck since mayhem. It's really annoying because at high tier, for high end weapons, you lock a lot of PEDs into materials...

Support says all items use the same system so it's not the item...

What's your experience with this? Anyone else in the same situation?
Thanks!

Last edited:
We have a chip that's stuck for a long time at 8.64 (more than a month). We tried the "pass it around - it will tick" strategy and it didn't work either.
Zbanghiu's LP100 is at 9.97 since Mayhem. Before Mayhem he had 4 months without a tick. Zbang's LP is 117 TIR IIRC, our chip 76.
I also heard similar stories for high tier weapons where they're all stuck since mayhem. It's really annoying because at high tier, for high end weapons, you lock a lot of PEDs into materials...

Thanks!
When you trade it does it show many decimals on the tier? I noticed it with my 4.99 item that it shows like 10x decimals if I check it in trade window. Maybe check if it ticks there on usage?

BC80 ticked about 0.04 since MM, or in about 500k cycle.

I had 2 ticks in one day, then nothing for like a month...

So it still ticks...just taking longer and time between ticks isn't even...

Tier 10 takes 2^9 (or ~500) times longer than Tier 1 btw.

BC80 ticked about 0.04 since MM
Tier and TIR please?

When you trade it does it show many decimals on the tier?
We looked at that in the past but frm what I rememeber those decimas were the same even after ticking or didn't change for a long time, haven't looked into it recently but I will, thanks for reminding me.

I have been wondering if mindark uses similar or same mechanics for ticks as for loot starting out with common and uncommon loot going to semi rare and rare as on gets to the higher tiers - whenever it got 'stuck' for me planethopping/switching the average mob lvl/type i was hunting and joining large playerevents seemed to get things going again. After all why would they invent new systems if they could reuse a subroutine. I also seemed to be doing better with ticks in places where lots had been cycled but it had calmed down afterwards and less other players were present. Just some thoughts to try out.

I borrowed a lp100 tier 9 last month and it tiered from 9.38 to around 9.50 when I handed it back with 190+ TIR

Tier and TIR please?
99. Also since it is only 0.04 ticks, I wouldn't take too much stock in the rate i quoted. Also, likely to be weapon dependent.

I have been wondering if mindark uses similar or same mechanics for ticks as for loot starting out with common and uncommon loot going to semi rare and rare as on gets to the higher tiers - whenever it got 'stuck' for me planethopping/switching the average mob lvl/type i was hunting and joining large playerevents seemed to get things going again. After all why would they invent new systems if they could reuse a subroutine.
It is the same mechanism every tier. Just the probability of ticks goes down by half on every tier.

Pretty sure Jak mentioned his Axe is also moving reeeeaaally slow, but I just heard it while he was streaming so can't give any facts.

Reactions: jak
my lp100 went "smoothly" from 9 to 9.99 TIR 74. Took me around 10months

my lp100 went "smoothly" from 9 to 9.99 TIR 74. Took me around 10months
thats about how long i needed with bp130 at TIR141 but had a couple evil ticks in there where it was 'stuck' for weeks.

My socmate IMK2 SGA was stuck on 9.8x for about 2 years. I got it in my hands for mayhem and got it to 9.99.
Its random AF:)

Thanks!

My slugstorm was 9.97 for about 8 months and then clicked both of the last 2 ticks within 20 minutes of each other about 2 weeks ago. TIR was 84. It's all just RNG just keep shooting and eventually it will come good.

Have ticked my bp-70 from 9.90 to 9.99 since mayhem everything seems in order.

Took over 300k ped cycled with rainbow sword for one ticknback when I owned it and was tiering it

Thanks for sharing your experiences, interesting stuff, keep them coming.

Took over 300k ped cycled with rainbow sword for one ticknback when I owned it and was tiering it
At what tier & tier rate please?

BP-70 Perfected Tier 8.9399995804 bought about a week ago, tier rate 145. Ticked 3 times to 8.96 after two days (three ticks in same day) nothing since.
ProTip: If you hover the mouse over a tiered weapon in trade you can see its true current tier so you could take a photo before someone borrow it and compare it when they trade back to see if it actually ticked beyond 0.00.
See pic:
index.php

So to get it to tick to 8.94 it had to go all the way to 8.9399999999, then tick one more time. :D
Literally 8 digits beyond 0.00 it goes. :eyecrazy: Hence why it may seem to take so long for a tick lol. It may be ticking but it just ain't showing.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experiences, interesting stuff, keep them coming.

At what tier & tier rate please?
Was tier 9.92 and tier rate I don't remember but was pretty decent.

BP-70 Perfected Tier 8.9399995804 bought about a week ago, tier rate 145. Ticked 3 times to 8.96 after two days (three ticks in same day) nothing since.
ProTip: If you hover the mouse over a tiered weapon in trade you can see its true current tier so you could take a photo before someone borrow it and compare it when they trade back to see if it actually ticked beyond 0.00.
See pic:
index.php

So to get it to tick to 8.94 it had to go all the way to 8.9399999999, then tick one more time. :D
Literally 8 digits beyond 0.00 it goes. :eyecrazy: Hence why it may seem to take so long for a tick lol. It may be ticking but it just ain't showing.
This is just a floating point error, that number won't change at all until it actually ticks

9.97 for 40 days at my rate refuse to tick.

I had a couple weapons in the past that I had the same experience with. First was a L-4 T9.97 TIR 143 that seemed to stay stuck for 3-4 months before it moved to 9.98 but from there to 9.99 was only about 2 weeks. The other was a Slugstorm that was t9.56 with TIR 86. In the 6 months I had it, I don't think it ever ticked. Cycle wasn't crazy high but maybe 25-30k per week. Both of them were used in mayhems and as daily hunting guns.

A watched kettle never boils…

Had my fap do this for a while, like a few months of healing jobs, I’ve also had my fap gain 3 ticks in a row.

i did notice that they kinda charge sometimes like you hunt a week and get no tick then you get two in one day

Tier ticks on decay of weapon i tested it with a weapon that does not decay @all = no tier increase

So you might boost its tick by increase the weapons decay (not shure about this but makes sence)

It does seem as if tiering rate has slowed down considerably. My Titan harness and thighs were ticking along at a decent rate prior to Christmas timeframe. Harness is at 7.54 and thighs are 7.34 and now have barely moved.

Same issue here: Gleamer t9.24, tr50, has not ticked once in about 150k ped cycled.

ok ok i will offer my support, pass me the item and i will chant the ticking mantra as i hunt

mm cobalt has had a Couple of tickes since MM (8.22 to 8.25 at TIR112) but overall not able to afford cycling to much to bother keeping track, what i have noticed is that it only ticked, when using armor i\m not trying to tier up as well. IE the gun was the only thing that potentially could tick while armor pieces were sat at X.99

Not sure if or how it would be related but perhaps a tier gain would be given to a piece chosen if viable_ I have no clue about tiering just an observation on my end for my own stuff

i understood that there is a chance to activate "tick" every use ... a shot for weapons, a hit mitigated by an armor.
so weapon and armor should be independent
EMPIRICALLY with my small experioence, there is a randomizer that use as seed the TIR rate and is affected by TIER, tier 1 progress is faster than tier 2 and so on
i think a further parameter based on "item power" is used so higher level items rise slower, probably to avoid too much powerful items are made too fast
i did not read any document from MA on the matter.

Friday to sunday.. Ticked from 8.96 to 8.99. Can confirm at least for me it's not stuck! :p
Though it will be stuck on this tier until I can gather most of the materials myself..

M83 bought at tier 9.68 after mayhem, didn’t tick at all and in last 2 weeks went to 9.74 without me even knowing.

Back