News: I've created an Instagram focusing on the development in Unreal Engine 5

Are we really still on the concept art stage? And is it really that difficult to not also post this to the forums? I don't use instagram at all.

Concept art is often produced long after a games release depending. A concept of something is not tied to the thing needing to be in the future as one can always look back upon something and visualize it in a different concept.

So just like most games that are not tripple A mega pumped full of "hype" to milk users into paying as much as possible looooooooooooooooooooooooong before a release with hollow promises, amazing concept art and what not and releasing a hollow shell of shit, most games release concept arts of a future release often up untill release itself. (and as mentioend after too)

That said though. I am eagerly looking forward to more ingame screenshots of various mobs we know and locations we know. Personally really want to see Ithaca

Why have we gotten updated robot models today, when you are "working" on UE5? Seems pointless to update locations and mobs but then they will effectively gone sooner than later?
Was that not a "waste" of a designers time?

Why have we gotten updated robot models today, when you are "working" on UE5? Seems pointless to update locations and mobs but then they will effectively gone sooner than later?

Because its the models they will also use in UE5... They can be used in two places you know ;)

Because if they get feedback on designs and choices, they still have time to change them. Have you not heard of feedback? Holy shit

have you seen MA accepting/utilizing feedback? were we saying "we don't like the current models?"
They changed Molisk model and sound and as far as I know the majority hate it, that is one example. Did they change it back? no

it's a whole different engine.

You can drag and drop a Cry2 3D model into Unreal and use pretty much straight away without having to do too much to it.

OH dang. Well thanks for educating me - I have no idea.
That's actually what I was hoping, that part of making new models was an overhaul in general.
Thanks.

They will gradually transition over.

This is the RDI Arena Lab. Originally this scene was created for the Virtual World / Game called Entropia Universe. Originally I did this scene for a customized version of Cryengine 2.0. The thing is; in my spare time, I decided to do the Unreal 4 full conversion of this scene

They will gradually transition over.

This is the RDI Arena Lab. Originally this scene was created for the Virtual World / Game called Entropia Universe. Originally I did this scene for a customized version of Cryengine 2.0. The thing is; in my spare time, I decided to do the Unreal 4 full conversion of this scene
Did ma hire outside for that area or is that a dev?

Was done in spare time before they officially joined MA I believe.
That timeline doesn’t make sense? Or he was a contractor who made it that was later hired you mean?

My guess is they were contracted to and helped design RDI, later converted it to Unreal in spare time and has been hired full time as the Art Production Lead at MA.

Last edited:
My guess is they were contracted to and helped design RDI, later converted it to Unreal in spare time and has since been hired full time by MA.
Thanks for clarifying and sharing

have you seen MA accepting/utilizing feedback?
On many occasions.
A lot of changes have been done to the camera update after community feedback on quite a few aspect of that update. But people came with arguments and community got behind them.

"I hate it" is not feedback to be taken into consideration. Same with "change it back". It's harder to change the models of creatures back and as many said already they're a step towards UE5 and a smart move because it will lower the grief of some players. UE5 means remaking an entire grame from sracth but some of these bits and updates will be adapted somehow to UE5. MA's 3D artist has done some work for both EU and Unreal Engine 4 that looks pretty similar, having a few familiar mob faces after the update is pretty cool and expect it to hapen with other models in the coming years, even if it's the last couple of year for this engine, the models are already being built, the effort to put them on this engine is probably not that significant and in my opinion it's worth it, to get the playerbase a bit familiar with the upcoming major changes. I really hope the motion design improves, the current motion looks a bit silly at the moment, the movement of the robots (including eviscerators) is a bit too wobbly while their moves should be a lot more precise and their trunk should be more stable even during run not only in the idle state. Think Droideka, fast and precise movements:

CarelessJovialGrebe-size_restricted.gif

droideka.gif

ezgif.com-optimize_1.gif

was too quick to judge, the robots inherited the movement and only the troopers and legionnaires have the wobbly movement and I hope to see these "skins" carried to the UE5, they look great

The GAMEPLAY is even more important than Graphics.
Especially in EU where the game is mainly grind, grind, and more grind.

So I really hope that MA will not only improve the graphics, but also the gameplay.
If not, it would be like offering the same old gift again by wrapping it in a nice new package.

Be imaginative, be creative.
Use UE5 to its fullest capacity regarding gameplay.

🤞

Yes !! The graphics dont keep players, the game do! I worry a lot more about game play then how UE5 will look.

Yes yes yes MY!!!!! Thank you so much!!!
We entropians want an alien world that is nothing like earth but it has that Jurassic park feel to it if uncontrolled primal brutality. Keep it up keep it up!! Use that unreal engine to bring back the alien scary world of project entropia !! As much as cryengine Calypso can be beautiful large and well crafted in some ways it's much like earth. We want ALIEN AND Uncontrolled!!!!

Its awsome, but this is far from what Entropia will look like. I belive it will more of what we have now but only a slightly better grafics.
I think you are right, that video shows the potential Unreal Engine 5 has. I think once Entropia has switched to Unreal Engine 5, MindArk will also continue to make improvements to it, and after the switch, I think they will also be able to make content faster. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out (y)

Back