News: Nanocube Changes

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned or address this yet, but ....

I see a possible issue/concern here with the possibility of a MONOPOLY, at least in the beginning.

How exactly is MA going to ramp-up and implement this change???
Are they going to wipe all Nanocubes in game, from everybody's inventories/storage, BEFORE making it go Live??
Or just take out nanos from TT and add the Recycle tab only?? What's preventing people from doing a TT run for NC's beforehand??

Because, if they DON'T wipe ALL nanos and reset the whole system, then potentially anyone can buy/stockup/hoard a HUGE AMOUNT of them *BEFORE* the VU date, and basically become a Monopolizer on owning/cornering/manipulating the Nanocube sales market. So how is MA going to PREVENT THIS kind of particular thing from happening??? If someone decided to invest a zillion PED into Nano's from the TT and potentially owned a huge majority of supply...???

I mean, this WOULD be a potential issue, right? As Nanocubes will be tradeable, auctionable, and NOW HAVE MARKUP?! :eek:

Many may already have lots of NC's in their inventory/storage, fair enough. But the concern is a potential RUSH TO BUY NC's from the TT before VU.
And all it takes is ONE mega-rich player to buy and stock-up or hoard SO MANY that they can potentially control .. *ahem* MONOPOLIZE .. the market.
At least in the beginning, for a while, after update.....until players Recycle loot more & more and add more supply/competition.

So, imo, the fair thing to do would be to convert ALL NanoCubes in-game -- in ALL players' inventories & storages -- to PED, BEFOREHAND.
I.e., Reset and level the playing field to a fair market.

Has MA thought about this? I hope they've thought everything through and will do the proper/appropriate thing...

I agree Rose. They listened.

I see a possible issue/concern here with the possibility of a MONOPOLY, at least in the beginning.
... thing from happening??? If someone decided to invest a zillion PED into Nano's from the TT and potentially owned a huge majority of supply...???

I mean, this WOULD be a potential issue, right? As Nanocubes will be tradeable, auctionable, and NOW HAVE MARKUP?! :eek:
It's not a problem at all. It's actually something similar that happened a long while ago when all TTs converted stuff from UL to L...

Similar happened when the npc trader at Zychion stopped selling UL items, etc.

Similar happen with everything Mindark releases... in a roundabout way typically...

You might even say it's a part of the Twen celebration since similar likely happened way back at the 10 year anniversary.

How exactly is MA going to ramp-up and implement this change???
Are they going to wipe all Nanocubes in game, from everybody's inventories/storage, BEFORE making it go Live??
Or just take out nanos from TT and add the Recycle tab only?? What's preventing people from doing a TT run for NC's beforehand??

Because, if they DON'T wipe ALL nanos and reset the whole system, then potentially anyone can buy/stockup/hoard a HUGE AMOUNT of them *BEFORE* the VU date, and basically become a Monopolizer on owning/cornering/manipulating the Nanocube sales market. So how is MA going to PREVENT THIS kind of particular thing from happening??? If someone decided to invest a zillion PED into Nano's from the TT and potentially owned a huge majority of supply...???

Many may already have lots of NC's in their inventory/storage, fair enough. But the concern is a potential RUSH TO BUY NC's from the TT before VU.
And all it takes is ONE mega-rich player to buy and stock-up or hoard SO MANY that they can potentially control .. *ahem* MONOPOLIZE .. the market.
At least in the beginning, for a while, after update.....until players Recycle loot more & more and add more supply/competition.

So, imo, the fair thing to do would be to convert ALL NanoCubes in-game -- in ALL players' inventories & storages -- to PED, BEFOREHAND.
I.e., Reset and level the playing field to a fair market.

Has MA thought about this? I hope they've thought everything through and will do the proper/appropriate thing...

It won't be a problem at all, there are several things that sell between 100.2% and 100.5% quite consistently so all that's happening is crafters will have to switch to those. And 0.2 to 0.5% mu is so negligible, I can think of probably 20 things I'd rather do with my PED than get it all tied up in Nanocubes right now. It's just not worth it. I bought 10k PED of Nanocubes cause I craft a lot, but I'll probably end up selling some of it back to TT before VU. EU is about cycling and choosing how best to cycle that PED, and tieing it all up in Nanocubes is not a very intelligent way.

On 17 August 2009 Entropia moved graphics engine from Gamebryo to CryEngine 2.

This Nanocube change is just a tiny ripple of fixing what should have been fixed years ago.

I'm glad someone is making these changes. I bet I know who it is too. :D

Too long, didn't read, does this mean I can get rid of all the starter pack crap sitting in my storage?

Too long, didn't read, does this mean I can get rid of all the starter pack crap sitting in my storage?
Sadly, no, they said that unreadable stuff will remain unreadable, you won't be able to recycle ammo either. But I don't see the problem in letting us recycle all the things we don't use and then cycle it through crafting or sell it to someone else to cycle.

Reactions: Mac
in the end i think its a good change. even if the mark up is minimal. there's alot off stuff thrown in TT because hardly anyone buys them or there's so much over supply.
even on trader side if could be interesting lots of small hunters that get 2-3 ped weapons they cant get rid off because no demand or auc fee is to high. convent to cube's sell to trader , trader sells bulk amount. everyone happy.

Nope, but I know what you mean. :lolup:

Reactions: Mac

On 17 August 2009 Entropia moved graphics engine from Gamebryo to CryEngine 2.

This Nanocube change is just a tiny ripple of fixing what should have been fixed years ago.

I'm glad someone is making these changes. I bet I know who it is too. :D
Facts are Facts.............Late but damn glad

"Auto Sell" functionality of the crafting machine should be changed to "Auto Recycle".

For those who want PED it will be two...three extra clicks but it will be much easier for those who want nanocubes.

I still don't even know how autosell works, as I've never even tried (length of auction?, 100% SB and instructed BO?, when offer is actually placed etc.).
Autorecycle may be more interesting, though, on stuff clicked for reasons other than the resulting product...

All current nano cubes should be made untradeable but ttable, after the update and only the new ones tradeable after the update to prevent hoarding in advance

GREAT IDEA! PERFECT SOLUTION!!!

Ludwig.....???

In order to prevent hoarding-exploiters, keep the existing pre-update nanos NON-TRADEABLE so that they can't be auction/sold for MU.
And only make NEW nanos, that are obtained from the new Recycle tab, tradeable.
Every item has a unique id.. so, it's possibly possible, ya?? Tell the Devs to recode. :)

Last edited:
"Auto Sell" functionality of the crafting machine should be changed to "Auto Recycle".

For those who want PED it will be two...three extra clicks but it will be much easier for those who want nanocubes.

GREAT THINKING, Haruto! Smart Rat :)
Either change, or add: "Auto Recycle"

Cheers!! c[_]

ps- and add Recycle tab to Portable TT Units, too! So miners can Recycle heavy ores into lightweight Nanos (another great idea: Lightweight Nanocubes)

Last edited:
I still don't even know how autosell works, as I've never even tried (length of auction?, 100% SB and instructed BO?, when offer is actually placed etc.).
Autorecycle may be more interesting, though, on stuff clicked for reasons other than the resulting product...
Autosell in the crafting machine is used for limited items, you set it at 100% and then it ttes every item that's below 100% durability, saves a lot of work really because after you're done you will only have to TT a few items manually, the value of whatever's autosold will in be placed in you avatar's inventory in PED and PEC.

OK, Last post/reply -- and for those who don't like what I say or how much I communicate, SUE ME.

GREAT THINKING, Haruto! Smart Rat :)
Either change, or add: "Auto Recycle"

Cheers!! c[_]
Please stop spamming and capping your replies. Thank you

Autosell in the crafting machine is used for limited items, you set it at 100% and then it ttes every item that's below 100% durability
Ah, thanks. I completely misunderstood because of the letters s-e-l-l. Don't MA know that we use the verb to tt? :silly:

I hope my lack of knowledge goes to help others too... (is it already an entry in the thread about things some people didn't know for ages?)

...as opposed to other dribbling drivel we are increasingly seeing on these forums.
Yes, please edit this last bit out if this thread is 'sanitised'!

Oh no! People with lots of ped are going to make a few PED profit…. Yeah people with money to spend usually do make profit, that’s generally how the world works, what’s the bloody problem? I’m up to 20k stocked now, look out I might make 20 bucks, I’ll be able to buy a schnitzel at the pub if I’m lucky

Will metal res and explosive projectiles be recyklable in the TT?
It could be a good step in the right direction but if EP's are recyklable it would not really have as much effect as we expect.

Edit: I do not mean the recykle blueprint when i say recyklable... i ment the TT tab.

It could be a good step in the right direction but if EP's are recyklable it would not really have as much effect as we expect.

Edit: I do not mean the recykle blueprint when i say recyklable... i ment the TT tab.

The dev team has confirmed that Explosive Projectiles, crafting residues, PED stacks, and several other potentially problematic items are not able to be recycled into Nanocubes.

Feature request:
Reduce weight of nanocubes to zero (or close to zero) and add an "auto recycle" feature to portable TT.
The auto recycle lets you select loot that should directly be turned into cubes.
Would make it possible to hunt mobs that drops [Animal Hide] :D

Feature request:
Reduce weight of nanocubes to zero (or close to zero) and add an "auto recycle" feature to portable TT.
The auto recycle lets you select loot that should directly be turned into cubes.
Would make it possible to hunt mobs that drops [Animal Hide] :D

This is going to change for sure.

They will probably be but why? Resources with 102% mu recycle to 100.1-100.5% (presumably).

They will probably be but why? Resources with 102% mu recycle to 100.1-100.5% (presumably).
Cause they can keep gambling for a bit longer ? :p

If the portable tt also gets the recycle part then depending on the weight of the nanos, that may be interesting during hunting.
I'm still thinking about auction a bit. As people can hunt and recycle their own 'crap=formerly tt loot', there will surely be very little demand for smaller amounts on auction, unlike individual mats where people might accept 105% fairly happily against bigger volumes at 103% or whatever.
For nanos the spread will presumably be worse, as bulk may well average below 101%.
Do people think we will see successful listings of 100 peds tt for 101 peds, with HALF+ of the profit going to MA fees? Will newish players even bother to stack up 100 peds before buying new ammo, just for a gain of 50 pecs (possibly less)? Don't forget, in sweating territory, 1k sweat is only 1.5 peds or less these days, and people still sweat to scrape together peds for a small hunt. In my sweat noob days my hunting runs may only have been 20 peds total, and these days a lot of returns will be shrapnel in whatever returns people get.
Should MA be less ... ambitious ... and charge a lower fee for nanocubes? Or will there indeed be nanocube traders readily on hand at Twin? Does that already happen with shrap, seeing as 101% is guaranteed for the trader even with no fees, or is most via noobtrade channel???

did anyone ever asked why u must gather in some specific area to craft something rather just open an interface wherever you are and just do it?

Back