Min Dmg unlocks:some perks of seeing your pro standings VU 8.8

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
I was looking at the various professional standings now visible in this VU and having this information will go a long way to helping us understand how each skill contributes to a specific unlock (eg. avoidance). It also removes the uncertainty in knowing when you will unlock new skills.

My initial impressions are that the damage professional standings can be translated to min damage % by dividing by four and adding 25 (min damage starts at 25% and goes up to 50%). Based on that, the damage unlocks should occur at:

Minimum Damage Unlocked Skills

RDA (29.95%) -- Ranged Laser/BLP/etc. (Dmg) @ level 18 (Adept); seems to have a minimum (hit) professional standing requirement as well, currently thought to be 19
MDA (29.95%) -- Any melee (Dmg) @ level 18 (Adept); no min melee (Hit) pro standing Confirmed
Wounding (36.25%) -- any (Dmg) @ level 45 (Remarkable) confirmed
Kill strike (45% min dmg?) -- any (Dmg) @ level 80 (between Supreme and Master -- hmmm)

Inactive Skills and their Effect on Professional Standing

A socmate re-unlocked RDA today and suddenly jumped up to level 20 (Dmg). It is not too much of a surprise, but it does confirm that a skill that is inactive (red) due to chipping out the skills needed to unlock it will not contribute until the proper level to unlock it is reached. Be careful when chipping out that you don't drop too low and lose an unlocked skill...

Hit Ability/Other Unlocked Skills

Edit -- Current confirmed ranks for unlocks besides the damage ones above:
Power Catalyst -- level 15 biotropian/reviver/etc
Martial Arts -- level 20 any melee (hit)
Medicine -- level 20 paramedic
Treatment -- level 25 paramedic (dunno why these two are so close but i have a witness on this one)
Avoidance -- level 25 evader or (presumably) dodger Confirmation
Serendipity -- level 30 in any (hit) skill eg Laser sniper, blp pistoleer, etc. or other profession it contributes to
Coolness -- level 40 in any (hit) profession or other profession it contributes to
Combat Sense -- level 50 ...
etc

Taming Mob Unlocks

Daikiba Prowler -- level 14 Handler or level 13 Tamer (not clear which). A thread in the taming subforum clarifies that this is unlocked by Tamer, so level 13 Animal Tamer

Note that now all of these and more have been added to PE-wiki.

Last edited:
blub blub misread lol will check later ingame

Wounding prediction confirmed:

Wounding unlocks at level 45 (Remarkable) in any damage professional standing.

Maybe its time to rewrite some wiki pages about this.

friend of mine just unlocked rda at exactly lvl 18 dmg pro stand. so youre all right

I just unlocked power catalyst at exactly lvl 15 biotropian/reviver.

I think im above lvl 18 but still no unlock :(
mms was late for me to... idonno what im doing wrong...

RDA (29.95%): Ranged Laser/BLP/etc. (Dmg) @ level 18 (Adept)
Wounding (36.25%): any (Dmg) @ level 45 (Remarkable) confirmed
Kill strike (45% min dmg?): any (Dmg) @ level 80 (between Supreme and Master -- hmmm)

I'm a Swordsman primarily. I was trying very hard to unlock Serendipity before 8.8 but didn't quite make it.
I reached level 30 Swordsman (Hit) and on the next kill (just a few sword swings later), unlocked Serendipity.
I also use Laser rifles, and unlocked RDA moments after reaching level 19 Laser Sniper.

I'm a Swordsman primarily. I was trying very hard to unlock Serendipity before 8.8 but didn't quite make it.
I reached level 30 Swordsman (Hit) and on the next kill (just a few sword swings later), unlocked Serendipity.
I also use Laser rifles, and unlocked RDA moments after reaching level 19 Laser Sniper.

Level 30 swordsman (3.0 HA) should definitely be the point to unlock Serendipity; however, the RDA should unlock based on min. damage, that is to say Ranged Laser (Dmg) pro standing, not Laser Sniper pro standing. I believe there is a minimum required level in hit and it is likely that, due to your primary weapon being melee, you already had the damage level (18) (because that is affected somewhat by skills gained in melee hunting eg anatomy) but needed to get the Laser Sniper (hit) pro standing to the minimum, which would presumably be 19 by your account. What is your level of ranged laser (dmg)?

ok, i NEEEEED the lvl for avoidence please :)

hope to see it posted soon :)

I think im above lvl 18 but still no unlock :(
mms was late for me to... idonno what im doing wrong...

There is no longer any guesswork or maths involved in finding your level of ranged damage rank. Open up your professional standings window and see what it says for laser (or blp) ranged (dmg) professional standing. Unless your (hit) skill (ie your hit ability) is abnormally low for someone who has reached the 18th level of laser ranged (dmg), you will unlock RDA when you achieve that level.

cheers :)

combat reflex/evade+alertness, owt else??

cheers :)

combat reflex/evade+alertness, owt else??

There's some threads dedicated to this somewheres i think, but basically all the skills you get when evading contribute toward the prostanding. Now that we can clearly see the pro standing for evader it's just a matter of collecting some data when chipping in/out a skill to disambiguate the relative contributions of the skills.

For a short answer, the most likely order of significance is evade, CR, athletics, courage, serendipity, and alertness (my own opinion, though).

Level 30 swordsman (3.0 HA) should definitely be the point to unlock Serendipity
Oh yeah, I was turning blue in the face holding my breath for Serendipity!

however, the RDA should unlock based on min. damage, that is to say Ranged Laser (Dmg) pro standing, not Laser Sniper pro standing. I believe there is a minimum required level in hit and it is likely that, due to your primary weapon being melee, you already had the damage level (18) (because that is affected somewhat by skills gained in melee hunting eg anatomy) but needed to get the Laser Sniper (hit) pro standing to the minimum, which would presumably be 19 by your account. What is your level of ranged laser (dmg)?

Ranged Laser is now Adept (18) -- don't think I gained a level in that one since unlocking RDA.
The only other stat I noted when unlocking RDA was my Hit Ability (MkII): 1.9

Does anyone know when Quickness opens? I'm guessing it's going to be level 35 evader or dodger - anyone able to confirm or correct this?

Trabin.

Does anyone know when Quickness opens? I'm guessing it's going to be level 35 evader or dodger - anyone able to confirm or correct this?

Trabin.

I am level 40 evader and haven't unlocked it.

My guess is lvl 45, same as Wounding in min damage...

So then Combat sense is level 50, and commando is level 70 in hit professions, is that right?

Also, can you post unlock level for medical professions (medicine, treatment, therapy, doctor) as well as higher level unlocks in evade (quickness, intuition)

Also in scanning: xenobiologist, robotologist and scientist (which unlocks via scanning, whipping and fapping btw)).

RDA (29.95%) -- Ranged Laser/BLP/etc. (Dmg) @ level 18 (Adept); seems to have a minimum (hit) professional standing requirement as well, currently thought to be 19

I know you're probably already sure on this, but just wanted to confirm that I got RDA at level 18 ranged with Lvl 19 Handgun and Lvl 20 Rifle.

I know you're probably already sure on this, but just wanted to confirm that I got RDA at level 18 ranged with Lvl 19 Handgun and Lvl 20 Rifle.

Thank you Frank Monkey. What we need now is someone with level 18 ranged dmg and who hasn't unlocked RDA to establish which minimum hit level is needed.

commando is level 70 in hit professions, is that right?

Yep.. unlocked a few shots after I had the green swirls of lv70 Laser Sniper Hit

combat sense is unlocked at level 50 (expert) in any hit profession (of course you would have 5.0 hit ability) ;)

So, when you unlock a skill with a certain profession, does that mean the skill also helps in increasing that profession? And does it also mean it wont help increasing professions that doesn unlock it?

So, when you unlock a skill with a certain profession, does that mean the skill also helps in increasing that profession? And does it also mean it wont help increasing professions that doesn unlock it?

Are you asking if kill strike doesn't help in tailoring? :scratch2:

Are you asking if kill strike doesn't help in tailoring? :scratch2:

No, i am asking:

;)

Edit to make it abit more clear: A skill like mms seems to help in both HA and Dmg. Does that mean both professions can unlock it?

Another one, earlyer reports were that commande just gives HP and no HA, but it is unlocked by HA. Can we conclude that is wrong?

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back